Page 37 of 833 FirstFirst ... 273334353637383940414787137537 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    oh thank you. I was wondering why she looked like a Thundercat. I vaguely recall someone pointing to their interaction here as proof they were not together anymore. was this basically all she did in the issue?
    I found the face mask cute more ways to get different storm custom merchandise. Plus yes she looked very awesome.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    And you know it fits neatly into established canon cause Thor has tried and failed even when he had the Odin force. He was only able to successfully terraform a planet when he used all of his divine blessings from Gaea. Storm on the otherhand can do it willy nilly and create a star to boot.

A flex indeed. It makes the scene where iceman and Quentin said if they failed it would be embarrassing even funnier. Because storm already knew she could do her job and Thiers as easily as speaking.
    I recall the Gaea instance but when did he try with odin force and fail? do you have the scans?

and thats on period. we fans mentioned she could terraform a planet on her own so it was nice to see this shown so quickly after the Mars feat. she did one additional thing the mutants didn't which was create a sun source.

I found the face mask cute more ways to get different storm custom merchandise. Plus yes she looked very awesome.
    more merchandise is always a plus.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I recall the Gaea instance but when did he try with odin force and fail? do you have the scans?

and thats on period. we fans mentioned she could terraform a planet on her own so it was nice to see this shown so quickly after the Mars feat. she did one additional thing the mutants didn't which was create a sun source.

more merchandise is always a plus.
    It was king Thor with the power of the all father I think it was a future version of Him more powerful than him though that's for sure.
    IMG_20220126_083229.jpg

Here he tries to revive a dead world and it doesn't work. And even if someone brings up the fact that it is not cannon miss Erika's book which is emphasises how he can't revive a dead world.

Yep on that topic miss Erika deserves all the flowers and then some. She really showcased storm. The sheer amount of power to build a sustainable atmosphere and a sun source is absolutely staggering and it was soo easy for her too kinda like breathing she even says she is absolutely fine and doesn't need rest. I have no complaints.

oh thank you. I was wondering why she looked like a Thundercat. I vaguely recall someone pointing to their interaction here as proof they were not together anymore. was this basically all she did in the issue?
    Mam, not Thundercat.

And ummm, I mean she gave them some Mysterium. That about sums up her activities in the book. There was also this cute little moment.

Let's not forget the time storm created an entire sustainable atmosphere from nothing and a sun source for a virtually dead planet when Thor himself couldn't:

#goddessflex
    And please note that Thor thought she would be tired after pulling this off but she was completely fine. Almost as if it tires her out more to contain her power than to actually push it it.

Goddess flex indeed.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Good point! That also makes me think of the time she was part of the FF and fought Stardust. She was not affected by the cold then either.
    Good point! But as Kyss pointed out, Deathbird isn't wearing a mask at all. So maybe it's just a mix of artist error and a moment where we're suppose to suspend our belief?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I don't see a face covering on db, it looks like her regular face. and storm extra shelf, " for life." lolol she always has to be over the top i love it.
    Lmao! I liked that moment. It just reinforces the idea that Storm still treasures ALL life. Not just Mutants because she easily could have said "For Krakoa/For Sol!"

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Mam, not Thundercat.

And ummm, I mean she gave them some Mysterium. That about sums up her activities in the book. There was also this cute little moment.

And please note that Thor thought she would be tired after pulling this off but she was completely fine. Almost as if it tires her out more to contain her power than to actually push it it.

Goddess flex indeed.

Good point! But as Kyss pointed out, Deathbird isn't wearing a mask at all. So maybe it's just a mix of artist error and a moment where we're suppose to suspend our belief?
    Exactly. He asked her if she would like to rest and she was like nah fam I am fine. The only being to get a nose bleed from holding back her powers. Others not even fellow omegas can add that to their resume.

Don't know if anyone else is reading Static by Vita Ayala, but what do you guys think are the chances Storm could replicate this type of healing?

Edit: I do recall her cauterizing her wounds with lightning but that's about it.
    Last edited by Subliminally; 01-26-2022 at 03:38 AM.

Exactly. He asked her if she would like to rest and she was like nah fam I am fine. The only being to get a nose bleed from holding back her powers. Others not even fellow omegas can add that to their resume.
    I'm just saying that if Storm ever ascends past flesh and blood then it's over lol. Like we already know that her mind/conscious can expand to a ridiculous degree on both the planetary and cosmic scale. So just think if she didn't have a flesh and blood body to worry about?

Don't know if anyone else is reading Static by Vita Ayala, but what do you guys think are the chances Storm could replicate this type of healing?

Edit: I do recall her cauterizing her wounds with lightning but that's about it.
    Electromagnetism does allow for regenerative and healing abilities. In theory she can and should be able to do this not only even to herself but to others seeing as she has control over chemical energy and chemical reactions to a very great degree. The feat is awesome and I have not read static in a while would definitely pick it up.

I'm just saying that if Storm ever ascends past flesh and blood then it's over lol. Like we already know that her mind/conscious can expand to a ridiculous degree on both the planetary and cosmic scale. So just think if she didn't have a flesh and blood body to worry about?
    "Oh but that would be too much power and we can't have storm be too op that would be too much."

But yes it would be over. Storm's consciousness is sooo vast and potent that it can hold eternity within it. Her power has no limits in of itself but it is limited by only two things the strength of her body and her strength of will. And we already know storm's will is stupidly powerful case in point holding the vastness of eternity and gods on occasion. Her one true limit is her body but even that she can do some crazy **** like control an entire dimension's elemental forces and overpower it's gods and build a raprt with a myriad of stars and planets in black panther.

I must be tripping or tired because i can swear i just read our girl getting lied to straight to her face.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I must be tripping or tired because i can swear i just read our girl getting lied to straight to her face.
    In the bp book?

In the bp book?
    Yes. spoilers:
    Tchalla and storm are back together and he says they say no secrets but he is obviously keeping one. nothing blanket but another back door bomb basically depending on how it's picked up so par the course in that department. But i am loving THIS tchalla. Storm comes off very, naive? in love? Blind? Though she could be in the know, though it did not play that way. Also it was a weird optic showing up with Rogue and Gambit after the kiss they had in Gold so i could be thinking to much but i don't know if the optic was they have this coming or turn the page. Interestingly enough they were also in the issue where BP thought of Storm's harem. lol
    end of spoilers

I mean at this point one can only say canonically they both just got that good stuff and it is what it is. It may not be good for them but it must feel good to them.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-26-2022 at 06:01 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Extraordinary Member DragonPiece's Avatar

I honestly haven't kept up with the black panther book, but am a bit shocked the relationship is still happening. Could have sworn Marvel was moving on from that after Vita's X of swords tie in and botching Hickman's plans to give them a child.

BP book was ok. spoilers:
    It was nice to see Storm and BP written like actual adults and not like a episode of Real Housewives of Arakko.

As far as the lying thing goes, I'm not really bothered by it... yet! I mean both of them are going to have secrets from each other that's just the way the cookie will crumble. As far as I know Storm hasn't told T'challa that Mutants are now basically immortal and could technically make any being with a brain immortal as well. Unless the BP story ends up directly and negatively impacting Krakoa or Mutants in general I don't really see why Storm would have a grudge against him about it.

One more thing I will point out is that I found it SLIGHTLY off putting that he sort of did the whole *look over here and not over there* type of move when she was questioning him.

Also, it was nice seeing Gambit be all protective over his sister Stormy!
    end of spoilers