Page 345 of 833 FirstFirst ... 245295335341342343344345346347348349355395445 ... LastLast
Results 5,161 to 5,175 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Jbenito View Post
    Issue #5, in stores in August.
    Thanks for the info

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Haters:
    -What? Storm shouldn't be able to Beat Vulcan. He's an Omega lvl Energy Manipulator. That's not possible. It's PIS.

Storm Fans:

Lol this has been my timeline the past two days

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    I figured they'll make up not having double issues last month like originally planned. I'm happy we'll get Red twice for my birthday month.
    happy birthday boo!

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    I did and thought it was cool, along with the fact that Ewing has now clarified that his virus keeps his power in check as much as his power keeps his virus in check, which I think is a cool addition to Cable’s character… as well as something that’s imminently logical considering what’s been established before, and takes on even deeper potential meaning considering it was Apocalypse who first infected him with the T-O virus and in light of what we now know about Apocalypse and his motivations. I posted on this in another thread. Will share here too…
    all very interesting. I'm very curious too how this information about the virus will be used as an exploit against the mutants.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Haters:
    -What? Storm shouldn't be able to Beat Vulcan. He's an Omega lvl Energy Manipulator. That's not possible. It's PIS.

Storm Fans:

lmfao facts.. haters are so pressed and we been living our best lives lololl
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It's obvious Ewing is presenting them as two sides of the same coin. The Divine Feminine vs....um...something Masculine. Folks can't read or comprehend to save their lives.
    That's what makes it so funny. Had anyone else punked him the x-fans would be singing their praises
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Deluge possesses great energy manipulation and projection powers, capable of manipulating environments to draw energy from multiple sources. Examples of the energy Deluge could absorb include wind, rain, and lightning and even cyclops optic blast. By manipulating wind currents Deluge could simulate flight.

Mzungu_(Earth-616)_from_X-Men_The_Hidden_Years_Vol_1_6_001.jpg

Storm is an omega level version of this guy. He was a menace and was basically unstoppable, he was right though.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It's not just Xavier. Let's not forget Beast in this -

But knows that controlling the weather is "indescribably complex".

What comics is this?

my fear is that readers will start boycotting X-MEN RED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    my fear is that readers will start boycotting X-MEN RED
    Oh don't worry, haters and trolls never actually buy books.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

It's obvious Ewing is presenting them as two sides of the same coin. The Divine Feminine vs....um...something Masculine. Folks can't read or comprehend to save their lives.
    I don't know if that was intended to be shade but I absolutely cackled!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    That's why we are friends. Storm's power is only limited by her will if she wills it she can move galaxies and heal entire dimensions and save the universe/eternity. But she must have the strength of will to do so. Telling her she can't do something or even suggesting she might not be able to do it can affect her confidence and therefore her will. Love that she shut him down quick. Before he could enter head.

Also again perfect example. The weather is crazy complex. Even the atmosphere is determined to be bigger than earth itself stretching all the way past the moon. The so called geocorona. Add to the fact that the planets core itself plays a role in weather scientist have discovered and it also creates the magnetosphere by spinning something that leads to geomagnetic storms. The very energy transfer systems that moves continents on earth convection cells are very similar to the convection cells in the atmosphere and the convection cells in the sun. These systems in theory are under her purview. Not to talk of **** like dark matter hurricanes, black hole winds and Quasrs among other freaky **** on space and u have crazy crazy ****.

I said that storm is a high order energy and matter manipulator rolled into one. Yeah in matter manipulation she is simpler than Mercator but she has deep control over the very elements and can very well manipualte the very chemistry of things. Like electro for instance using electromagnetism created an electric storm that gathered all the carbon in the atmosphere and created a diamond case around spiderman. That's some intense chemistry right there. If she sits and learns the chemical composition of minerals and such there is no telling how she can alter the precipitation of the atmosphere. Weather wizard in dc can create magnetic substorms reversing the polarity of any object and hence forcing massive amounts of energy into them which destabilize them on an atomic level a perfect attack for superman level charchters. Then we go to antimatter and leptons and quarks and all that good stuff. The possibilities are truly endless, the versatility nigh infinite.
    Agreed 1,000%! I mean having your father figure and basically the leader on all things mutants tell you "your powers don't work this way and you physically cannot do XYZ" would do harm to her psyche even if it's just a subconscious effect. I mean look at what happened when she believed she was a Goddess and embraced that part of herself after people and her own self denied she was a real goddess for so long. Look at what happened in "The Power of Light". Thor believed she could do something even she doubted she could do but what happened, she put her mind and will to accomplishing the task at hand and not only DELIVERED but EXCEEDED expectations. Thor thought she'd be exhausted after pulling that off but not Ms. Munroe. Fatigue is for lesser beings.

Could you imagine Storm doing like this? Skip to 0:55

If Iceman can create sentient ice beings then this should be right up Storm's purview. Shield's, brute strength, and just sheer extra firepower.

I wonder if that would even be necessary for her? I think back to the Trion incident when she went off sheer instinct or again in "The Power of Light" where she's done things she's never done before. We know she connects to a higher coconscious when she's using her powers so I wonder if that true North instinct she has in using her powers is that coconscious whispering to her.

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    That's what makes it so funny. Had anyone else punked him the x-fans would be singing their praises
    Storm needs to stay humble. Her showing up and showing OUT like this goes against the tide.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Deluge possesses great energy manipulation and projection powers, capable of manipulating environments to draw energy from multiple sources. Examples of the energy Deluge could absorb include wind, rain, and lightning and even cyclops optic blast. By manipulating wind currents Deluge could simulate flight.

Mzungu_(Earth-616)_from_X-Men_The_Hidden_Years_Vol_1_6_001.jpg

Storm is an omega level version of this guy. He was a menace and was basically unstoppable, he was right though.
    Hmm, he's a mutant so I wonder if he's on the list to be resurrected? Even if he slipped through the gaps in Cerebra we know have Dr. Wanda's waiting room.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    What comics is this?
    Fist scan is from STORM #1. Second scan is from Amazing X-Men annual #1.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Storm needs to stay humble. Her showing up and showing OUT like this goes against the tide.
    Storm only defeated a mentally unstable Vulcan so far, they went crazy. So when Storm defeats Uranos will they riot?
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

The biggest question I have is why have so many folks failed science class.. How can someone dissociate energy manipulation from controlling the Weather? So many types of energy are in earth based weather alone. Like do folks know how hurricanes form? Like why wouldn't Storm be energy manipulator ..its the lowest common denominator for her, Magneto, and few others.. like I could see if she was a magic user but come on...

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Storm only defeated a mentally unstable Vulcan so far, they went crazy. So when Storm defeats Uranos will they riot?
    Do exactly what they're doing now and call it PIS. I said it at the start of the year that the streets are going to be filled with salt and look where we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Paleo_Rage View Post
    The biggest question I have is why have so many folks failed science class.. How can someone dissociate energy manipulation from controlling the Weather? So many types of energy are in earth based weather alone. Like do folks know how hurricanes form? Like why wouldn't Storm be energy manipulator ..its the lowest common denominator for her, Magneto, and few others.. like I could see if she was a magic user but come on...
    And it's not even that lol. Even if you've never taken a science class for WHATEVER reason, literally ever in-depth description of Storm's abilities explicitly states that she's manipulating energy/energy patterns that result in weather phenomenon. This is not some newfangled plot device that Ewing pulled out of thin air to give Storm a win.

He's doing what Storm fans have been BEGGING writers to do to her powers - expand them!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

The song playing while Storm was slapping the piss out of Vulcan's ego.

Say what you want about the movie but the soundtrack slaps!

I don't know if that was intended to be shade but I absolutely cackled!

Agreed 1,000%! I mean having your father figure and basically the leader on all things mutants tell you "your powers don't work this way and you physically cannot do XYZ" would do harm to her psyche even if it's just a subconscious effect. I mean look at what happened when she believed she was a Goddess and embraced that part of herself after people and her own self denied she was a real goddess for so long. Look at what happened in "The Power of Light". Thor believed she could do something even she doubted she could do but what happened, she put her mind and will to accomplishing the task at hand and not only DELIVERED but EXCEEDED expectations. Thor thought she'd be exhausted after pulling that off but not Ms. Munroe. Fatigue is for lesser beings.

Could you imagine Storm doing like this? Skip to 0:55

If Iceman can create sentient ice beings then this should be right up Storm's purview. Shield's, brute strength, and just sheer extra firepower.

I wonder if that would even be necessary for her? I think back to the Trion incident when she went off sheer instinct or again in "The Power of Light" where she's done things she's never done before. We know she connects to a higher coconscious when she's using her powers so I wonder if that true North instinct she has in using her powers is that coconscious whispering to her.

Hmm, he's a mutant so I wonder if he's on the list to be resurrected? Even if he slipped through the gaps in Cerebra we know have Dr. Wanda's waiting room.

Fist scan is from STORM #1. Second scan is from Amazing X-Men annual #1.
    Exactly when people believe in her she can do the impossible.

And yes she should be able to do all those things. I watched the star trek video and I will say star trek is one of those shows that perfectly demonstrates what exactly ororo should be able to do in space.

The larger conciousness thing I see it as the demiurge the very embodiment of the life force of earth, the force that gave birth to the elder gods themselves. Storm has stated that she has a deep connection spiritual and physical to this primal energy. This is the same primal energy that Wanda's sonis prophesided to inhabit and be able to change the very laws of magic like a god. The demiurge emerged from the very formation of the atmosphere of the planet like its said here;

20220520_071316.jpg

I think it tied into why when storm became an elemental being in the alternate universe she was stated to be very detached and very intimidating based only on her presence. Seems like she had become one with this conciousness inhabiting it fully, same with rouge storm who had to stop before losing her humanity. It is why she said her heritage goes all the way back to the very dawn of life and it is a terrible strength that is ultimately apathetic. It could be why her family had the gift of godhead because they had the ability to be in synch with the very source of divinity itself the very power that birth elder gods themselves. Maybe I am reading into it too mich and it really isnt that deep lol. But at some point marvel will have to deal with why these women have the features that they do and the abilities that they do and who they really are. This could also explain why all the sky gods in each pantheon were deemed to be the supreme gods of their respective pantheons because they had the ability to touch this conciousness/power. Damn did I just create a mythology for marvel? They should come run me a check.

But like seriously I see this demiurge thing as the same as the mesopotamian concept of anutu aka the very essence of divine or heavenly power by which all powers reign and authority is dispelled.

The whole she has eyes older than time and stuff could be used as backbone for some really feel lore stuff. Oh man I am tearing up just thinking if all the things that are just there saying to be explored with storm as a chatachter. Like the potential is one very few charachters actually posses in fiction. Sadly because it's about a black woman she will not really be given her due, glad Ewing is doing that for her with regards to the omega stuffs md her chatchter.

Deluge deserves better yeah he was evil but he deserves better.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-20-2022 at 12:36 AM.