Page 747 of 833 FirstFirst ... 247647697737743744745746747748749750751757797 ... LastLast
Results 11,191 to 11,205 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Hm! I actually can’t remember the last time Storm was in a cover by herself. Hell her own Name being on a Cover and a mini series about HER for that matter. Geez she’s come a long way. I remember WAY back when I said a Storm is coming thank Goddess the Storm is here and it’s still brewing. :-)

I don’t think anyone here is at all worried about Ewing writing her powers. I’m just anticipating how Jaw Dropping we all will be come the Vulcan fight.
    You captured my thoughts as well. I feel like Ewing has been planting some seeds to consider how this fight could go. Like:

- Storm attended the fight with Tarn so she knows Vulcan may attempt to siphon her powers. She’d likely still being a blade because of course she would, but she may fashion that SoS Magneto helmet in preparation for such a tactic. She may also creatively counter it since she channels elental energy into her body and I can’t recall an opponent like her that Vulcan could do this to

- Pressure has been something Ewing played with in a big way, and its one of the non-eenrgy based abilities Storm could being to bear to great effect. Externally. Pressure shields can counter, and contain energy. It can also be used to crush (like PoPo did with his metal armor around his body) or contain energy like she did with the jovian pressire field. Internally is where she could be unexpectedly devastatingly to him. From popping his eardrums to lowering the blood pressure to his brain, or bursting him from the inside - I think this is somewhere Ewing might go and Outside of the external pressure attacks I don’t think he can defend against the internal

- There is more with air, thunder, water and certain mutual energies they could counter, but I’ll shut up. Your posts just have me thinking on how this battle will go down lol.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 12-02-2022 at 11:29 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    What they're trying to argue is that narration alone isn't enough when it comes to Storm. The character herself has to say it bc what the writer says doesn't count.

So since Ororo didn't say it was easy to do then clearly the narration is to be ignored.
    But like the wrotervis the one writing the story, so if the narrator doesnt matter aka the writer doesnt matter then what does the charachter? But like who do you think is writing the charchter? Like the logic is never logicing with that one. again patrick star extra strength.
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-02-2022 at 11:14 PM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    is that cerebro Mrs prune is using???
    Lmao not Mrs Prune

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post
    I’m loving this. Looks like the mean ol’ snatch who kicked me off her lawn as a kid. The book summary sounds promising.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    True. Not, sure why this is being argued in the first place.

Lol Good thing we don't follow that type of Logic, because clearly that is Flawed. Who cares if Storm didn't verbally say it. The Action was done how else are we going to understand what Storm did if the Narrator doesn't tell us.
    It's also the facet that she easily absorbed the power and reversed the transformation before without even consciously doing it. So why would it be hard for her now?

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Lmao not Mrs Prune

I’m loving this. Looks like the mean ol’ snatch who kicked me off her lawn as a kid. The book summary sounds promising.
    Yeah they are fighting for the fate of existence itself. Safe to say we better get some universal feats or I'm gonna be shocked. Because if you cant go big in a universal war of existential importance between life and death, then when can you go big?

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Taurean Sun View Post
    She died because her body afterwards was left in space. Not because of the influx and expel of the galactic core energies.
    I'm fairly sure I only said, then she sorta died -- I made no comment on how and or the reason why she died.

im not sure why anyone still engages with that poster they been doing that lame mess for at least dang near 10+ years now. hey znop gurl.

anyway Ewing if you reading this I want my goddess elemental power feats please and thank you. we got goddess storm Coates, creating stars from nothing Erica, and soon to be mystical storm from Steph. Why all the really good stuff coming from outside the xoffice???
    Omg that is quiet a loooong time. Like woah get hobby and a life. Why sooo obsessed with a charchter who is not your profile pic its giving basement living max level.

But yeah to Mr Ewing I am a young black immigrant woman just looking at a british bisexual white man aksing him to give storm universal feats.
    1000_F_172786497_nDmmav4MgwQafwmNuzJNq474V8fr5a0j.jpg
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 12-02-2022 at 11:25 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'm fairly sure I only said, then she sorta died -- I made no comment on how and or the reason why she died.
    Oh you are still here?
    woozy-face_1f974.png

You captured my thoughts as well. I feel like Ewing has been planting some seeds to consider how this fight could go. Like:

- Storm attended the fight with Tarn so she knows Vulcan may attempt to siphon her powers. She’d likely still being a blade because of course she would, but she may fashion that SoS Magneto helmet in preparation for such a tactic. She may also creatively counter it since she channels elental energy into her body and I can’t recall an opponent like her that Vulcan could do this to

- Pressure has been something Ewing played with in a big way, and its one of the non-eenrgy based abilities Storm could being to bear to great effect. Externally. Pressure shields can counter, and contain energy. It can also be used to crush (like PoPo did with his metal armor around his body) or contain energy like she did with the jovian pressire field. Internally is where she could be unexpectedly devastatingly to him. From popping his eardrums to lowering the blood pressure to his brain, or bursting him from the inside - I think this is somewhere Ewing might go and Outside of the external pressure attacks I don’t think he can defend against the internal

- There is more with air, water and certain mutual energies they could counter, but I’ll shut up. Your posts just have me thinking on how this battle will go down lol.
    In times like these I keep thinking about what Casseli said when they said he should say one thing about red, and he said look at storm "oh my God storm." And I have been looking but sooo far it has been all talk and stepping on an egg shell and pegging magneto to life. I am but I believe that there is more as in he meant that we should be looking forward to issue 10. Imma hold my breath only because I trust Ewing and his vision.

Yeah they are fighting for the fate of existence itself. Safe to say we better get some universal feats or I'm gonna be shocked. Because if you cant go big in a universal war of existential importance between life and death, then when can you go big?
    Agreed. If ever the creative teams wanted to unleash Storm with no restraint or care for consequence (morally speaking) now is a good opportunity to show what a cosmic rebel leader can do to win and get her revenge paid for in the blood of her enemies.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Ororo has been directly mentioned in solicitations.The comic is called Storm & The Brotherhood of Mutants, and it wouldn't make sense if Storm herself wasn't on the cover.

Oh, I think the successor to Storm will be Ironfire.

Didn't I ask to just let me dream? Why you have to come in with all your facts?

I so love the way you think. I'm going to have to cosign all of this lolol.
    Careful now, that's a dangerous ride to get on!

- There is more with air, thunder, water and certain mutual energies they could counter, but I’ll shut up. Your posts just have me thinking on how this battle will go down lol.
    I like your ideas! My only thing is with her playing with pressure, couldn't Vulcan just amp his physicals to withstand any internal/external attack she throws at him? I could see her going straight for the kill but we were promised a battle so an insta kill kinda contradicts that.

But like the wrotervis the one writing the story, so if the narrator doesnt matter aka the writer doesnt matter then what does the charachter? But like who do you think is writing the charchter? Like the logic is never logicing with that one. again patrick star extra strength.
    Lmao! The logic ain't logicing!

Agreed. If ever the creative teams wanted to unleash Storm with no restraint or care for consequence (morally speaking) now is a good opportunity to show what a cosmic rebel leader can do to win and get her revenge paid for in the blood of her enemies.
    I'm getting Superman vs Darkseid and his cardboard speech.

Like I and others have said before, this would be prime time for her to just let it all out.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I like your ideas! My only thing is with her playing with pressure, couldn't Vulcan just amp his physicals to withstand any internal/external attack she throws at him? I could see her going straight for the kill but we were promised a battle so an insta kill kinda contradicts that.
    Possibly but unlikely. Eardrum popping,lung bursting, or lowering blood pressure to the brain happens instantly and she can make that non-lethal. Xaoyi (the inhuman w/ pressure manipulation) dropped Forge instantly by lowering the blood pressure to his brain. If he came in already amped I can see him having the durability to withstand it. I just don’t see him as being that tactical in general, and having little experience with the way Storm’s power can operate, and to what extent. Though, and here’s a monkey wrench I am throwing into my own thinking, if he went to Brand she is smart enough to take what Orbis Stellaris recorded from Storm decimating his cyborg army and use that info to train Gabriel so he is prepped…

She still has some options though but thinking on this more this would be the ideal time for Ewing to use that information to make this a more complex fight.

Didn't I ask to just let me dream? Why you have to come in with all your facts?

Careful now, that's a dangerous ride to get on!

Lmao! The logic ain't logicing!

I'm getting Superman vs Darkseid and his cardboard speech.

Like I and others have said before, this would be prime time for her to just let it all out.
    IMG_20221203_084424.jpg
    This Perfectly encapsulates the frustrations we have with storm and her abilities. You have omega level power yet you use it in the most mediocre sense. Yesterday on redit people were "debating" if storm can do whatever iceman can do and whilst stor has demonstrated any of his abilities I believed she can if she trains with him and studies him and pushes herself. But others seemed to not fundamentally understand what ororo's power actually is. When they see weather manipulation they think oh create hurricanes and tornadoes and such. So the best she can do with cold is create an ice storm whilst bobby can go to absolute zero. It made perfect sense instantly why she is sooo underrated and underutilised in stories because people still dont understand what her abilities actually are. And we keep reminding them like beating a dead horse over and over again.

Possibly but unlikely. Eardrum popping,lung bursting, or lowering blood pressure to the brain happens instantly and she can make that non-lethal. Xaoyi (the inhuman w/ pressure manipulation) dropped Forge instantly by lowering the blood pressure to his brain. If he came in already amped I can see him having the durability to withstand it. I just don’t see him as being that tactical in general, and having little experience with the way Storm’s power can operate, and to what extent. Though, and here’s a monkey wrench I am throwing into my own thinking, if he went to Brand she is smart enough to take what Orbis Stellaris recorded from Storm decimating his cyborg army and use that info to train Gabriel so he is prepped…

She still has some options though but thinking on this more this would be the ideal time for Ewing to use that information to make this a more complex fight.
    The thing with emperor vulcan is that he is a brawler. He doesnt really think when battling but rather ambushed his opponent and overwhelms them. This is how he beat adam warlock. You cant outthinking him in a fight the only way to beat him is overpower him. Due to the nature of his power only sheer power can do him in.

IMG_20221203_084424.jpg
    This Perfectly encapsulates the frustrations we have with storm and her abilities. You have omega level power yet you use it in the most mediocre sense. Yesterday on redit people were "debating" if storm can do whatever iceman can do and whilst stor has demonstrated any of his abilities I believed she can if she trains with him and studies him and pushes herself. But others seemed to not fundamentally understand what ororo's power actually is. When they see weather manipulation they think oh create hurricanes and tornadoes and such. So the best she can do with cold is create an ice storm whilst bobby can go to absolute zero. It made perfect sense instantly why she is sooo underrated and underutilised in stories because people still dont understand what her abilities actually are. And we keep reminding them like beating a dead horse over and over again.
    He could tell that to another woman but he couldn't tell that to Storm?

Anyway

And that's the killing part of it all. She should be able to do everything Bobby can do and then some. Tempeture control is under the umbllla of her Omega power.

But the thing is it would take a really crative writer to put these two together and not have Bobby or Storm seem redudant. At least before it was thought that Storm was amping Bobby by drawing in moister from the surrounding area but cleraly that isn't the case anymore since I believe he can just create ice from nothing now?

Al is/was giving us SOME cold feats but nothing that would cause a rakus. I'd love if she'd pull this move off on someone! Doesn't have to be Vulcan but just some other threat down the line.

The most annoying part is she was there when this happened and as canon states if she views something she can replicate it.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation