Page 711 of 833 FirstFirst ... 211611661701707708709710711712713714715721761811 ... LastLast
Results 10,651 to 10,665 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    This was one of my fears when Beyonce joined Disney.
    And behold I was right.
    Hailey is little mermaid.(I have no issue with the casting.perfect choice)
    Rihanna on the BPWF soundtrack.(which I'm sure she got on her own merit)
    And now this.... It's starting t to look like it is coming full circle
    Chole is not my picture of Storm.
    And they are both gorgeous but not Ororo.

Also seeing how YaYa Decosta just came off a role with Angela Bassett I'm also expecting her in the running to be Storm. Seeing how she's ABC tv network Disney friendly Actor.

I do hope they pick a Model who is athletic to play MCU Storm.
    The headlines to this are very misleading. They never said that they want to play storm, they simply said she was their favourite. Which checks out since storm is basically the only prominent poc x hero.

Yaya will be perfect
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 11-10-2022 at 06:49 AM.
    Ororo Munroe is Twilight Sparkle in xmen red if that makes sense.

Also peach moko variant of storm for xtreme x-men

IMG_20221110_132958.jpg

So precious. I love this cover.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!

Incredible Member StormDisciple's Avatar

I really hope they go with Marsai Martin for Storm I truly think they are going with younger again and I feel she would be ideal, she is growing into a beautiful woman so that’s my choice

Quote Originally Posted by StormDisciple View Post
    I really hope they go with Marsai Martin for Storm I truly think they are going with younger again and I feel she would be ideal, she is growing into a beautiful woman so that’s my choice
    Wow. She is growing into a beautiful young lady. She definitely has the looks for a beautiful Storm. I haven’t watched Blackish in a long tome so I don’t remember how her acting is, but if she can deliver on the persona of Storm she would be a great choice.

That's my biggest complaint with fan-casts. I always see people/sites try to pin down the actress who has the perfect "look" to play Storm, yet I never hear anything about do they have (or can act) the personality of Storm. They can be Storm personified in terms of looks but if they don't have her personality or can't tap into it then its a no-go. The MCU Storm NEEDS to have that Goddess persona yet can also bring that down and dirty street urchin wit/fighting. They need to have that tactical mind and cunning but can still be open to team input as any good leader should be. They need to have that "I value life and will fight for us all, but I will rip a b1tch's heart out if need be." I really don't know if a young (30 and below) actress can bring all that to the table. My two favorite picks for Storm right now would be a toss up between Anna Diop and Yetide Badaki. I believe Anna is closer to the age range they want for the new X-men for the MCU but if anyone has seen American Gods you know Ms. Badaki can bring that regal goddess personality to the table in spades. On the other hand if you've seen Titans you know Ms. Diop can DEFIENTLY bring that H2H flare and attitude to the screen. If somehow you could merge the two you'd have Storm in both looks AND personality.

I have no problem with them building UP to that that Storm if they are indeed bringing them in young and wet behind the ears (which even still would be an automatic discredit to Storm since she entered the game with absolute control/precision & understanding of her powers, but anyway...) to the masses.

I just don't want to see another decade + of what Fox gave folks. Who over the span of 6 movies has all of a handful of memorable scenes and that one line that's basically a meme before memes was a thing. ZERO leadership presences (and was even shook at the very idea of it i.e. her conversation with Xavier in X3), majority power showing was lackluster af with basically the tornado spam scene in X2 and that ultimate storm she did in DOFP being the biggest two standouts of sheer power, yet both ended up being totally useless.

Like, the bar is high now. The girls have been eating Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange and Thor and the like. But at the end of the day we really need all of them to remember who was BY DESIGN to be the most beautiful and powerful woman in comics.

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I'd be here for Halle to play Storm but not her sister. Halle can actually act which is why she got the part of the little mermaid

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    That's my biggest complaint with fan-casts. I always see people/sites try to pin down the actress who has the perfect "look" to play Storm, yet I never hear anything about do they have (or can act) the personality of Storm. They can be Storm personified in terms of looks but if they don't have her personality or can't tap into it then its a no-go. The MCU Storm NEEDS to have that Goddess persona yet can also bring that down and dirty street urchin wit/fighting. They need to have that tactical mind and cunning but can still be open to team input as any good leader should be. They need to have that "I value life and will fight for us all, but I will rip a b1tch's heart out if need be." I really don't know if a young (30 and below) actress can bring all that to the table. My two favorite picks for Storm right now would be a toss up between Anna Diop and Yetide Badaki. I believe Anna is closer to the age range they want for the new X-men for the MCU but if anyone has seen American Gods you know Ms. Badaki can bring that regal goddess personality to the table in spades. On the other hand if you've seen Titans you know Ms. Diop can DEFIENTLY bring that H2H flare and attitude to the screen. If somehow you could merge the two you'd have Storm in both looks AND personality.

I have no problem with them building UP to that that Storm if they are indeed bringing them in young and wet behind the ears (which even still would be an automatic discredit to Storm since she entered the game with absolute control/precision & understanding of her powers, but anyway...) to the masses.

I just don't want to see another decade + of what Fox gave folks. Who over the span of 6 movies has all of a handful of memorable scenes and that one line that's basically a meme before memes was a thing. ZERO leadership presences (and was even shook at the very idea of it i.e. her conversation with Xavier in X3), majority power showing was lackluster af with basically the tornado spam scene in X2 and that ultimate storm she did in DOFP being the biggest two standouts of sheer power, yet both ended up being totally useless.

Like, the bar is high now. The girls have been eating Scarlet Witch and Doctor Strange and Thor and the like. But at the end of the day we really need all of them to remember who was BY DESIGN to be the most beautiful and powerful woman in comics.

Well said. Anna Diop & Nafessa Williams tends to be my go to consideration due to their performance as Starfire & Thunder.
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Astonishing Member

I think they’re casting younger actors for the X-Men, like mid-late 20s at most. If that’s the case Anna Diop is too old but I agree she’s probably the best “known” option for Ororo. Titans’ Starfire isn’t very good (none of the characters are) but she does a job bringing a lot of the sensibilities of Storm Subliminally is talking about.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

As Claremont exemplified...A lot of Storm's core personality is in the writing of and for her character.
    We can have a tall, stunningly beauty-full brown/ebony actor to play the character (and there are many who will fit that visual...not the Bailey Sisters, though) but The MCU has to follow suit with a proper character script.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Amazing Member

Guys it seems storm may not appear in red #9. Her character is in included in the preamble by Marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Guys it seems storm may not appear in red #9. Her character is in included in the preamble by Marvel.
    Hmmmmmmmmmm
    Last edited by Taurean Sun; 11-11-2022 at 03:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    What preamble? I haven’t seen this.
    “Not as good as I once was… but I’m as good, once, as I ever was.”

Amazing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Jackraow21 View Post
    What preamble? I haven’t seen this.
    Screenshot_20221112-112910.jpgScreenshot_20221112-112910.jpgScreenshot_20221112-112910.jpg

Just watched wakanda forever and all I can say is that we were robbed of angela basset's Storm. The energy, the authority, the presence this woman has like give her blue eyes and the omega elemental powers and i wont be able to tell the difference between her and ororo. I also sincerely believe that Ryan coogler should be the one to handle ororo should she ever be brought into the MCU. Idc if it means she is wakandan, he will absolutely slay it. He and chadwick had plans concerning storm. But now it will be pushed back for a very obvious reason of you watch the movie. But all is to say he should handle ororo's arc in the mcu. They can have her be inconsequential in the xmovies they vomit out, but in her inevitable standalone project, they should let ryan handle her.