Page 459 of 833 FirstFirst ... 359409449455456457458459460461462463469509559 ... LastLast
Results 6,871 to 6,885 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Oh! Ok.

I’m curious who the Guest Character that Appears to Roberto Decosta when he comes back. It better NOT BE an Avenger or I’ll smack someone’s MAMA!!
    Presumably Rockslide.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It will be interesting to see just how Ororo as the Voice of Sol interacts with Galactic Emperor T'Challa (I take it he's part of the new Galactic Illuminati the solicit mentions). In that panel of the two she comes across very cool and reserved.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It will be interesting to see just how Ororo as the Voice of Sol interacts with Galactic Emperor T'Challa (I take it he's part of the new Galactic Illuminati the solicit mentions). In that panel of the two she comes across very cool and reserved.
    In the two panels I’ve seen of them, she seems cold and irritated. I suspect she’s either offered membership in the Galactic Illuminati or finds out they’re up to some shady stuff and calls them out. Frankly based on past depictions of Black Panther in the X-books by various crappy writers I don’t expect much, Storm will put him in his place in this issue then go back to pretending like everything’s ok after she saves his kingdom in Ridley’s book lol.

Astonishing Member

But those "generic cogs" aren't marketable and regardless of what the fan bases here say...nobody wants to read about some unfamiliar C/D-lister.
    I feel you misunderstood my point.

It is not their point to be marketable. It's their point to keep things running in the backround, handle all the boring and day to day affairs of running a nation and make the decessions that benefit or hinder the heros depending on what the story demands.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    In the two panels I’ve seen of them, she seems cold and irritated. I suspect she’s either offered membership in the Galactic Illuminati or finds out they’re up to some shady stuff and calls them out. Frankly based on past depictions of Black Panther in the X-books by various crappy writers I don’t expect much, Storm will put him in his place in this issue then go back to pretending like everything’s ok after she saves his kingdom in Ridley’s book lol.
    this is a meeting with the illuminati not just tchalla. maybe she is coming off like that based upon the message coming from someone else in the meeting and NOT tchalla.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I won't categorise Ewing as one of those (previous) "crappy writers" but yes, I do imagine Storm putting the Illuminati in their place and letting them know she'll not stand for their shady shenanigans...and even if Ewing writes them coupled, (I don't know if he's taking any ques from Ridley's BP) it's just "Affairs of Cosmic State", after all.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Apparently storm came to this meeting because of the "interstellar War" in the intro.The question is who will wage war against whom?
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I feel you misunderstood my point.

It is not their point to be marketable. It's their point to keep things running in the backround, handle all the boring and day to day affairs of running a nation and make the decessions that benefit or hinder the heros depending on what the story demands.
    I understood your point...I meant marketable to the readership.
    Of those who applied for Erik's seat only Monet and Angel fit the leader-ship bill. Nobody else outside of the established QC have the mindset or the wealth or the visibility to govern Krakoa.

What's the point of having them in the background when Gillen's IXM is expressedly about the QC up close and personal?

Question: Who would you have placed on the QC, instead of who we got?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this is a meeting with the illuminati not just tchalla. maybe she is coming off like that based upon the message coming from someone else in the meeting and NOT tchalla.
    Is it a good look either way though? Someone in the Illuminati says something Storm doesn’t like and you got T’Challa on the sidelines blubbering out an explanation while she’s looking stone cold away from him. Last time that happened their marriage ended shortly after lmao.

I won't categorise Ewing as one of those (previous) "crappy writers" but yes, I do imagine Storm putting the Illuminati in their place and letting them know she'll not stand for their shady shenanigans...and even if Ewing writes them coupled, (I don't know if he's taking any ques from Ridley's BP) it's just "Affairs of Cosmic State", after all.
    Ewing’s definitely not a crappy writer (in fact I think he’s one of only a handful of writers that actually do a good T’Challa) but based off the trajectory of the book and how the BP office has handled the dynamic, I fully expect disrespect and mudslinging to occur, potentially a permanent break up. But maybe that’s just the early impression and everything is handled professionally.

I think Ewing could give a definitive answer on whether or not they're together...he seems quite amenable to tieing up other writers' "loose ends".
    Or maybe he doesn't care that much and just has them interact as Galactic Heads of State which I'd much rather. It could go either way.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-27-2022 at 11:06 AM.

I think Ewing could give a definitive answer on whether or not they're together...he seems quite amenable to tieing up other writers' "loose ends".
    Or maybe he doesn't care that much and just has them interact as Galactic Heads of State which I'd much rather. It could go either way.
    Ewing reiterated several times that Storm was the main character in the book, and storm would win either way.

Astonishing Member

I understood your point...I meant marketable to the readership.
    Of those who applied for Erik's seat only Monet and Angel fit the leader-ship bill. Nobody else outside of the established QC have the mindset or the wealth or the visibility to govern Krakoa.

What's the point of having them in the background when Gillen's IXM is expressedly about the QC up close and personal?
    My original post was expressing the opinion that having the government of a mutant nation be made entirely of super heros and villains is in itself a narrative mistake. At least if the government is meant to last or have any chance at remaining around. Since having the former involved just leads to them looking worse for being directly involved (not necessarily responcible) for the usual problems and mistakes governments make for the sake of having a crisis or drama, not to forget all the moral issues of being forced to engage in realpolitik and the issue of them barely qualifying to be political leaders, while the later are basicly a death flag for the entire nation in general, since their involvement spells doom for the longterm stability.

So that was about the concept of a mutant nation's government in general, not about the Quite Council in particular.

That the Loud Drama Council needs major characters to fullfill the roles of Game of Thrones style backstabby feudal lords who engage in power plays and alliances is obvious.
    Last edited by Grunty; 06-27-2022 at 11:17 AM.

It was never meant to mirror the rest of the globe.
    As established very early on...the QC aren't interested in running Krakoa like other world governments would, even-though they do have to manage the same or similar societal hurdles, so the "narrative mistake" you're implying (because Hickman certainly had his narrative reasons for it) is more in keeping with the vision of both Hickman and the QC.

And thank the Goddess for the drama! Or else IXM would be an even more boring-ass slog of a book to read.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

Remember that Hickman interview. He said storm and tchalla was supposed to have a lot of conflict with each other. Hickman also said the story he was working on didn’t change that much before al ewing took over. We just got to wait and see.

Astonishing Member

It was never meant to mirror the rest of the globe.
    As established very early on...the QC aren't interested in running Krakoa like other world governments would, even-though they do have to manage the same or similar societal hurdles, so the "narrative mistake" you're implying (because Hickman certainly had his narrative reasons for it) is more in keeping with the vision of both Hickman and the QC.

And thank the Goddess for the drama! Or else IXM would be an even more boring-ass slog of a book to read.
    You don’t like IMX? I think XMR is better but IMX hasn’t been bad. The main X-Men book is what really has me disappointed and I’m thankful Duggan’s not writing Ororo with that team.