Page 476 of 833 FirstFirst ... 376426466472473474475476477478479480486526576 ... LastLast
Results 7,126 to 7,140 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    We got more storm content but at what cost. And I know it's a dead horse I am beating when I say I am not looking forward to judgement day, maybe this is me lowering my expectations drastically so no matter what is thrown at storm I will not be surprised because that bp 6 issue really burnt me. Ewings's tie ins will be great tho he is the king of tie ins and usually the best part of the event.
    I feel the same way. But on the plus side, Ewing just threw storm's backup into the shredder, so at least we know she won't be killed in cold blood to serve the plot.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I feel the same way. But on the plus side, Ewing just threw storm's backup into the shredder, so at least we know she won't be killed in cold blood to serve the plot.
    Or be made docile and useless and ineffective. At least she will serve the plot on the arakkii end as ewing is the one taking care of her.

Or be made docile and useless and ineffective. At least she will serve the plot on the arakkii end as ewing is the one taking care of her.
    Well, Ewing is definitely going to make Storm fail or experience something terrible at some point, and then she'll get over it and win beautifully.

This is the claremont recipe.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member

Oh naah there will definately be conflict there. Genesis has the survival of the fittest ideology something apocalypse himself adopted from her yeah she has little cause to be that way now but with the foolishness the eternals, orchis and many others are pulling that mentality isnt going to die when she comes back.
    I can't help but wonder if Isca might have made trouble for Genesis down the line, by what she said about only holding her sister's seat for her when the others asked if her claim over the Seat of Victory should be considered valid if she can't ever truly lose it in a challenge.

Because by the logic of that conversation.....didn't Genesis lose her seat when she gave it up to stay in Amenth? Nobody else seems to be able to hold a seat in proxy, so if and when Genesis returns to Arakko, shouldn't she have to rechallenge for the Seat of Victory, else her claiming it will be meaningless? And how can anyone ever see her taking back the Seat of Victory as rightful or proof 'its hers' if there's no real risk, no chance of loss, given Isca wants to just give it to her, or that neither sister even if in challenge over the seat, actually wants or would be willing to kill the other?

Idk, that whole scene made me question if Genesis' return is going to have issues now, because of that whole redefining of the nature of Loss and how challenges for seats have to actually RISK something.

Oh naah there will definately be conflict there. Genesis has the survival of the fittest ideology something apocalypse himself adopted from her yeah she has little cause to be that way now but with the foolishness the eternals, orchis and many others are pulling that mentality isnt going to die when she comes back.
    I guess Genesis would be really upset with Storm and want her seat.

Agree. After the current drama is over, she may be Storm's last opponent.

BANNED

It's only a matter of time before Apocalypse and Genesis return to Arakko, will she be happy with the way Storm rules?
    Ororo died and was recently resurrected... Who or what killed her and how? Also, what issue did she die in -- It would appear I have missed an issue. Thanks.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ororo died and was recently resurrected... Who or what killed her and how? Also, what issue did she die in -- It would appear I have missed an issue. Thanks.
    What are you even talking about?

Well, Ewing is definitely going to make Storm fail or experience something terrible at some point, and then she'll get over it and win beautifully.

This is the claremont recipe.
    Storm getting tortured is a Claremont recipe and sooo far we have seen storm highs I am very certain we are going to get some lows soon. But so far as it is in service of a greater plot I am cool.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I can't help but wonder if Isca might have made trouble for Genesis down the line, by what she said about only holding her sister's seat for her when the others asked if her claim over the Seat of Victory should be considered valid if she can't ever truly lose it in a challenge.

Because by the logic of that conversation.....didn't Genesis lose her seat when she gave it up to stay in Amenth? Nobody else seems to be able to hold a seat in proxy, so if and when Genesis returns to Arakko, shouldn't she have to rechallenge for the Seat of Victory, else her claiming it will be meaningless? And how can anyone ever see her taking back the Seat of Victory as rightful or proof 'its hers' if there's no real risk, no chance of loss, given Isca wants to just give it to her, or that neither sister even if in challenge over the seat, actually wants or would be willing to kill the other?

Idk, that whole scene made me question if Genesis' return is going to have issues now, because of that whole redefining of the nature of Loss and how challenges for seats have to actually RISK something.
    That is what makes red great... sooooooooo much is just bubbling under the surface just waiting to blow up. We say it is the game of thrones of the xmen as a pass by comment but it really is, and is building one of the most intense sci fi political epics in all of fiction. I just pray they ewing do his thing and he gets a loooooong run.

BANNED

At the same time, Storm having led Arrako through battles with the Eternals is something Genesis and Apocalypse would respect. They would likely want to take the momentum to wage for more war and spread, and this is where they would argue with Storm.

But they would respect some of the things she did, taking the regency, kicking Eternal butt, etc.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    At the same time, Storm having led Arrako through battles with the Eternals is something Genesis and Apocalypse would respect. They would likely want to take the momentum to wage for more war and spread, and this is where they would argue with Storm.

But they would respect some of the things she did, taking the regency, kicking Eternal butt, etc.
    I don't think storm will be leading the arakkii into battle that will be more magneto or isca territory. Gillen stated in an interview that what he is going to be doing is with magneto and what ewing has been building up to. But hey we could get even more with storm than we realize.

BANNED

What are you even talking about?
    I'll reiterate... Has Ororo died and resurrected yet? If so, who or what killed her and how? Also, what issue did she die in?

BANNED

Double post deleted...

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I'll reiterate... Has Ororo died and resurrected yet? If so, who or what killed her and how? Also, what issue did she die in?
    In xmen 92 storm died( I want to say issue 2 but I could be wrong) when the rest of the team did and was resurrected but in the main line storm has not died or been reborn and actually now has no backups.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Never mind.