Page 52 of 833 FirstFirst ... 24248495051525354555662102152552 ... LastLast

bsv4mdmqcyf81.jpgEternals # 10 variant,The goddess had put on a new dress.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    I personally don't see this as something bad. From what I can see in this frame, this robot or creature or w/e it is taking control over Ororo's powers and sending her flying across the mountain. I wouldn't have problems with that since I can see Storm being thrown away into an air current when someone takes over her powers or duplicate them or something like that. We've seen that exact same thing happening in X-Men Evolution when Rogue had Storm's powers. Just it was a smaller cut. I am not sure what's are peoples problem with this one, but I can take it.

I was going to say the same thing. It has been a while since Gillen has written Storm, maybe his perception of her has changed. Ewing did write quite the powerful Storm in SWORD, and if he got the chance to pre-read Ewing's story, I am pretty sure that he got inspired by it.

Yeah, I agree, the new issue of The Marvels was indeed good. It was well written, I liked the story.

I have to say that I am intrigued by the possibility of Bobby becoming a God or having such a storyline. I am a huge supporter of the guy, he is like me just looking better. I can't wait to read such a story and explore Bobby, even more, power-wise and personality-wise.

I do agree, even though I didn't see that panel so negatively as some of you did. Storm was right, she could be so much more effective outside but I do know that she has quite the feats inclosure spaces. However, I do want to point out that they were deep under the ground, not just some random building that can be torn apart. You have to keep in mind that if Storm unleashes her hurricane powers inside that room so deep underground, she will bury herself and everyone else in that room in miles of rubbles that could potentially kill them. I see this reaction of her quite logical, the same goes for Aero.
    primarily my issue with this is gillen writes her as a joke. she's does a lot of barking but has no real bite. I mean that fact that she professes she is the strongest one and then gets easily handled is obviously his way showing how delusional and out of touch with reality storm is. so im good on him writing her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    primarily my issue with this is gillen writes her as a joke. she's does a lot of barking but has no real bite. I mean that fact that she professes she is the strongest one and then gets easily handled is obviously his way showing how delusional and out of touch with reality storm is. so im good on him writing her.
    Yes, gillen's description of Storm still bothers me to this day. I really hope he treats her right, or at least not as a joke.

Amazing Member

7A0F49BB-89A2-46A2-A177-901FB0374970.jpg

Down to the last 5 X-Men on the Reddit vote!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yes, gillen's description of Storm still bothers me to this day. I really hope he treats her right, or at least not as a joke.
    Not likely.

In fact a writers perception or understanding of character almost never changes. Unless, they find a new love or respect for the character.

I hope I’m wrong because I am not happy that he’s going to be writing her. Let’s pray and Hope Storm isn’t in this Event as much to avoid the terrible PIS that will be coming our way.

You really put storm in his entire run in the perfect words. All bark and no bite. Like the android scene made me cringe when I first read the book years ago.

How would you have her say that then abruptly get tossed out without so much as a dialogue acknowledging it. Also when magneto said she was a goddess... his storm was quick to shut him down so like did that android beat the attitude out of her or what?

And to sum it all up storm was absolutely background wall paper in that book. She had no plot no seering interest... intact the only reason she seemed to be there was to keep an eye on scott and watch his back because all the people there were past villains or demons.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Not likely.

In fact a writers perception or understanding of character almost never changes. Unless, they find a new love or respect for the character.

I hope I’m wrong because I am not happy that he’s going to be writing her. Let’s pray and Hope Storm isn’t in this Event as much to avoid the terrible PIS that will be coming our way.
    Yes lets hope so. I was wishing that he being friends with Ewing would have given him a better perspective on storm... but I even realized that my best friend loves wolverine and I dont care for him no matter how much my friend tries.

We are who we are.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes lets hope so. I was wishing that he being friends with Ewing would have given him a better perspective on storm... but I even realized that my best friend loves wolverine and I dont care for him no matter how much my friend tries.

We are who we are.
    Well there you have it.

You just gave me more reason not to read this Event.

Y’all wake me up when X-Men Red Starts. Goodnight. LOL

Not likely.

Co-signed. Ugh his return to the X-Men is the worst possible news IMO, especially with Storm hopefully having an increasing prominent role in the X-verse/MU. Gillen hasn’t given us any reasons to be optimistic that he would approach Storm differently, and his comments on how X-Men Red is a “beast of a book” could just as easily be addressing characters he’s shown tremendous interest in - Magneto (or the other Summers fam in the title). His horrific X-run is seared into my mind lol. His take on Storm was regressive and a huge part of the character’s fall as relevant X-figure and regressive development/handling she received over the past decade +. I love Storm and X-Men but won’t buy anything he’s writing.

Would love to be proven wrong here, but I’d rather she not have to suffer under his pen.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 02-05-2022 at 01:20 PM.

Yes, the sky is falling and Gillen hates Storm because she didn't one-shot a villain who also dispatched the rest of the team. Give me a break.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Co-signed. Ugh his return to the X-Men is the worst possible news IMO, especially with Storm hopefully having an increasing prominent role in the X-verse/MU. Gillen hasn’t given us any reasons to be optimistic that he would approach Storm differently, and his comments on how X-Men Red is a “beast of a book” could just as easily be addressing characters he’s shown tremendous interest in - Magneto (or the other Summers fam in the title). His horrific X-run is seared into my mind lol. His take on Storm was regressive and a huge part of the character’s fall as relevant X-figure and regressive development/handling she received over the past decade +. I love Storm and X-Men but won’t buy anything he’s writing.

Would love to be proven wrong here, but I’d rather she not have to suffer under his pen.

My thoughts exactly.

Well, let’s see how this goes. Let me know what happens I’ll be sitting this Event out.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    ehh i'm not hopeful that will happen.

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post

That is awesome to see!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    You really put storm in his entire run in the perfect words. All bark and no bite. Like the android scene made me cringe when I first read the book years ago.

How would you have her say that then abruptly get tossed out without so much as a dialogue acknowledging it. Also when magneto said she was a goddess... his storm was quick to shut him down so like did that android beat the attitude out of her or what?

And to sum it all up storm was absolutely background wall paper in that book. She had no plot no seering interest... intact the only reason she seemed to be there was to keep an eye on scott and watch his back because all the people there were past villains or demons.
    Thank you. I don't need writers that have already demonstrated their abilities with her getting more opportunities to regress her. I can't help but think when he writes her again she will be depicted like she was in the Marvels book. When did Magneto call Storm a goddess?

And agreed she was wallpaper. I'm not going to be paying to read the eternals/xmen. It already seems like characters will be written OOC based upon the solicit.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Agreed to all of this.

My thoughts exactly.

Well, let’s see how this goes. Let me know what happens I’ll be sitting this Event out.
    same not spending my money on his event. sorry not sorry.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by skyking View Post

Yes!! Had to vote Nightcrawler. Think he may be her toughest opponent

ehh i'm not hopeful that will happen.

That is awesome to see!!!

Thank you. I don't need writers that have already demonstrated their abilities with her getting more opportunities to regress her. I can't help but think when he writes her again she will be depicted like she was in the Marvels book. When did Magneto call Storm a goddess?

And agreed she was wallpaper. I'm not going to be paying to read the eternals/xmen. It already seems like characters will be written OOC based upon the solicit.

Agreed to all of this.

same not spending my money on his event. sorry not sorry.
    Yep not gonna waste money on a lackluster storm. Would go read it on online sites. Only preordering and buying x-men red.

He did he said the goddess and devil/terrorist and she shut him down saying they are just human or something rather. She also even lost her bark after that android battle. So it was a brakless biteless storm.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yes, the sky is falling and Gillen hates Storm because she didn't one-shot a villain who also dispatched the rest of the team. Give me a break.

Yes, here take a break ... now you can excuse the conversation.

Thank you.