Page 53 of 833 FirstFirst ... 34349505152535455565763103153553 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Co-signed. Ugh his return to the X-Men is the worst possible news IMO, especially with Storm hopefully having an increasing prominent role in the X-verse/MU. Gillen hasn’t given us any reasons to be optimistic that he would approach Storm differently, and his comments on how X-Men Red is a “beast of a book” could just as easily be addressing characters he’s shown tremendous interest in - Magneto (or the other Summers fam in the title). His horrific X-run is seared into my mind lol. His take on Storm was regressive and a huge part of the character’s fall as relevant X-figure and regressive development/handling she received over the past decade +. I love Storm and X-Men but won’t buy anything he’s writing.

Would love to be proven wrong here, but I’d rather she not have to suffer under his pen.
    He will give her the #humblestorm treatment.
    Lol.

Like I said we are who we are. If storm doesn't do it for him, I dont believe he should be forced to write her in any capacity, hence why I hope she would be scant in this event. And why I was happy when he said she would be not prominent in immortal x-men. At least then character assassination and degradation can't occur. But hey we ain't marvel.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Attachment 118098Eternals # 10 variant,The goddess had put on a new dress.
    Why is her hair straight here lol, I know Dautermans's heart will sink seeing this. And who is that punching the earth, is that terrax? Good for him and magneto everyone else seems to be cannon fodder on the cover.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes, here take a break ... now you can excuse the conversation.

Thank you.
    It's so cute how you lot think you can control who does and does not post in this thread based on how likely they are to indulge the constant featwank. There was nothing wrong with Gillen's Storm getting blown away by Unit.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    Yes, the sky is falling and Gillen hates Storm because she didn't one-shot a villain who also dispatched the rest of the team. Give me a break.
    Gillen may not hate her but he definitely doesn’t get her voice or really seem to respect the character. I’m trying to think of any good showings for her either through development or narrative and am drawing a blank. Do you have any examples of him writing her properly and with anything that resembles her voice as a character in his run?

It's so cute how you lot think you can control who does and does not post in this thread based on how likely they are to indulge the constant featwank. There was nothing wrong with Gillen's Storm getting blown away by Unit.
    Yah sure hunny.

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    Gillen may not hate her but he definitely doesn’t get her voice or really seem to respect the character. I’m trying to think of any good showings for her either through development or narrative and am drawing a blank. Do you have any examples of him writing her properly and with anything that resembles her voice as a character in his run?
    Nope they only think we care about the android beating her.

It's kinda pathetic how they rushed in here thinking they would do something.

Its giving lurking for opportunity.

This is an excellent portrait of storm by Arthur shahverdyan

IMG_20220205_225915.jpg
    Attached Images Attached Images
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-05-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yep not gonna waste money on a lackluster storm. Would go read it on online sites. Only preordering and buying x-men red.

He did he said the goddess and devil/terrorist and she shut him down saying they are just human or something rather. She also even lost her bark after that android battle. So it was a brakless biteless storm.
    do you have the scan for this?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What are you talking about? I’m genuinely curious. There were posters in this thread that said they have no issue with what happened there. Others have stated about how they don’t like Gillen’s treatment of her. Seems valid.

You were the one coming in hot and asked for a break. They were just obliging

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    do you have the scan for this?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Ser Pounce View Post
    What are you talking about? I’m genuinely curious. There were posters in this thread that said they have no issue with what happened there. Others have stated about how they don’t like Gillen’s treatment of her. Seems valid.

You were the one coming in hot and asked for a break. They were just obliging
    It's always the Storm fans that need to sit down and shut up, it's truly an amazing thing to see. We're not allowed to call BS on a writer who point blank said he doesn't "get" Storm while we're in the privacy of her own House. Baby, I can tell in 2022 my ignore list is going to grow faster than Covid cases in Florida.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It's always the Storm fans that need to sit down and shut up, it's truly an amazing thing to see. We're not allowed to call BS on a writer who point blank said he doesn't "get" Storm while we're in the privacy of her own House. Baby, I can tell in 2022 my ignore list is going to grow faster than Covid cases in Florida.
    Yall are evil with these comebacks.
    .... I cant breathe lol.

To be frank when I first read this inward like finally some meaningful character interaction for storm. Little did I know I was simply wearing clown make up.

But I know we would get that from ewing. He did say her character and its complexity is what he would focus on the most.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-05-2022 at 04:44 PM.

yuck disgusting lol. thank you and all of this is why her certainly shouldn't be writing her now. I can see him now having her sat she isn't a goddess.

To be frank when I first read this inward like finally some meaningful character interaction for storm. Little did I know I was simply wearing clown make up.

But I know we would get that from ewing. He did say her character and its complexity is what he would focus on the most.
    yes hopefully Ewing will save us. he didn't give me a goddess moment so hoping we see this in red.

somethings will never change. but for 2022 i will. I simply just ignore posters who are obviously looking for attention by saying inflammatory things. they go away much faster if you ignore them than engaging.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

do you have the link where he says he doesn't get her?