Page 54 of 833 FirstFirst ... 44450515253545556575864104154554 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yuck disgusting lol. thank you and all of this is why her certainly shouldn't be writing her now. I can see him now having her sat she isn't a goddess.

yes hopefully Ewing will save us. he didn't give me a goddess moment so hoping we see this in red.

somethings will never change. but for 2022 i will. I simply just ignore posters who are obviously looking for attention by saying inflammatory things. they go away much faster if you ignore them than engaging.
    He said he will give bp goddess cred to storm sooo .... I hope we get that.

But also I suggest you go to page 51 of this thread and go read what Bobby'sworld said about her godhood. That user had a very interesting insight based on mythology about sky/weather gods being the head of a pantheon of gods... the god of gods aka omegas omega. I want to know your thoughts on that discussion. Was thinking you would find that very interesting.

yuck disgusting lol. thank you and all of this is why her certainly shouldn't be writing her now. I can see him now having her sat she isn't a goddess.

yes hopefully Ewing will save us. he didn't give me a goddess moment so hoping we see this in red.

somethings will never change. but for 2022 i will. I simply just ignore posters who are obviously looking for attention by saying inflammatory things. they go away much faster if you ignore them than engaging.

Amen.

do you have the link where he says he doesn't get her?
    Not off hand. It's one of those unicorn questions that I only saw once and never again. But even putting that to the side, if you read his interviews from back then you can tell he really thought he was going to do the thing when he was writing Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yall are evil with these comebacks.
    .... I cant breathe lol.
    Like I say, I give back the energy I receive. The classier and more zen version of "Don't start no sh!t, won't be no sh!t".

No one forces anyone to be here and read what we're posting. You don't like it? The door is one click away.

To be frank when I first read this inward like finally some meaningful character interaction for storm. Little did I know I was simply wearing clown make up.

But I know we would get that from ewing. He did say her character and its complexity is what he would focus on the most.
    I just never really vibed with the whole "I don't believe in violence' part of what she was saying. Like yeah she isn't some bloodthirsty warmonger or anything. But Storm is not and has not ever been scared to cut and beat a b!tch. So I didn't understand where this vow of pacifism emerged from.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Amen.

Not off hand. It's one of those unicorn questions that I only saw once and never again. But even putting that to the side, if you read his interviews from back then you can tell he really thought he was going to do the thing when he was writing Storm.

Like I say, I give back the energy I receive. The classier and more zen version of "Don't start no sh!t, won't be no sh!t".

No one forces anyone to be here and read what we're posting. You don't like it? The door is one click away.

I just never really vibed with the whole "I don't believe in violence' part of what she was saying. Like yeah she isn't some bloodthirsty warmonger or anything. But Storm is not and has not ever been scared to cut and beat a b!tch. So I didn't understand where this vow of pacifism emerged from.
    I remember that interview. It must have been an x-men Monday or something. It’s fine if you don’t ‘get’ her but don’t disrespect a character if you don’t. Either study up a bit or don’t write them.

Quote Originally Posted by davetvs View Post
    It's so cute how you lot think you can control who does and does not post in this thread based on how likely they are to indulge the constant featwank. There was nothing wrong with Gillen's Storm getting blown away by Unit.
    Ummm its so cute how your selective reading leads to posts like yours dripping w/ comical ignorance. Gillen’s run w/ Storm was crap. I don’t really care if you feel differently. No one said anything about the run being crap because of feats, but that’s either your issue w/ being pressed about Storm fans, or just your attempt at trolling. And failing.

Yes yes yes.... if you dint like it ignore. Hefner is out here like someone is putting a gun to its head.

Oh like you know! It doesn't make sense... she doesn't actively engage in it but when it comes she would meet it with the exact same energy and then some. Like if he wanted to make her a pacifist he could have easily done that in a better way... her and magneto could have had debated on these things talking about his past and how that did more harm than good or the opposite, instead we got this crappy line and then nothing. Storm and magneto are two of the most if not the most interesting characters to pair together ideologically, as both have very unique ways of approaching things and are more nuanced and unpredictable in that approach than most. I mean you don't know whether you doing this would get a scolding from storm or you would get your heart torn out, and magneto's relationship to his past trauma his current fight and the violence he feels he must inflict to inact justice for his people. All very interesting things to explore with the two.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-05-2022 at 05:39 PM.

He will give her the #humblestorm treatment.
    Lol.

Like I said we are who we are. If storm doesn't do it for him, I dont believe he should be forced to write her in any capacity, hence why I hope she would be scant in this event. And why I was happy when he said she would be not prominent in immortal x-men. At least then character assassination and degradation can't occur. But hey we ain't marvel.
    Amen.

Well said. I don’t care if people don’t like the criticism. His take on her was so disconnected from her decades of growth. The scan above w/ her Magneto is a precise example. She might as well have been transported from 1975 to that present like Beast did the O5.

What did you think of Gillens fourth issue of Uncanny X-Men with the Phalanx.

Keep in mind Unit is sited as a Galactus level threat and is super old. And will most likely be the big bad of Immortal X-Men

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

THIS scan particularly tells me that the writer does NOT know Storm. “I don’t believe in Violence”?!…………WTF?! Yes she does. Storm will Kill you if she needs to. It won’t be her first option, but she will kill if she has too. That’s why Storm and Wonder Woman are so much alike.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    THIS scan particularly tells me that the writer does NOT know Storm. “I don’t believe in Violence”?!…………WTF?! Yes she does. Storm will Kill you if she needs to. It won’t be her first option, but she will kill if she has too. That’s why Storm and Wonder Woman are so much alike.
    I always thought storm would kill any non-human enemies without blinking.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    The Brood would agree

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Yes she would.

Storm has no problem killing people the problem is that she is afraid of liking it too much. Hence WHY she is always holding back. However, she has already acknowledged that she will kill if there is no other way.

So this pessimistic mindset of Storm that writers keep putting her in is so annoying to me. Storm HAS the balls to Kill someone don’t make the mistake that she won’t.

Extraordinary Member

But you see the main difference between your examples and what we saw with Storm is that no one second guesses that Bruce, Reed, Doom, or Tony are extremely intelligent men. As I'm sure you're well aware, Spider-Man always pulls his punches as to not kill anyone and (I'm assuming) would happily take the L than risk killing his enemy.

No one will try and paint an argument that Reed or Tony are dumb men because of the events of abc. Why? Because it's obvious that they needed to be outsmarted otherwise there would be no story to be told. People accept that and no harm is done to the character.

The difference again in this case with Storm is that she didn't need to be taken out with lightning. Look at how the other characters were taken out of the fight:

-Areo and Aarkus get the Nickelodeon slime bomb.

-Human Torch and Ironman get taken out by some mystical fog or what have you.

Of all the ways they could have taken Storm out of the fight the writer decided to use lightning which she's immune too. Going back to what I was saying earlier, the reason this is so annoying is that unlike Reed or Doom, people in fact DO question Storm's immunity to lightning that aren't her own. Incidents like this (besides just being extremely lazy) don't help her case.

Like you said, if Storm starts appearing in more books there's a chance for this to happen more and more often. I disagree. Storm, for ALL her power, is still flesh and blood. Something the haters love pointing out like it nullifies her Godhood but I digress...

Any decent writer can come out with a way to take Storm out without needing to back peddle and use the same tactics from when she first fought Magneto.
    Fair enough, they def. should have done better

Yes, the sky is falling and Gillen hates Storm because she didn't one-shot a villain who also dispatched the rest of the team. Give me a break.
    It's so cute how you lot think you can control who does and does not post in this thread based on how likely they are to indulge the constant featwank. There was nothing wrong with Gillen's Storm getting blown away by Unit.
    Yeah specially since he's citied to have god like science

And in the same issue one shot Magneto and Collosusnaut w/ ease.He literally redirected Colossunaut w/ mere words...

And I have the issue open rn and Unit says "lose fine control", making her lose control of her abilities.

Literally the entire team fell to this guy, emma was outsmarted and Namor fell to a simple pheromone barrage.

And he was sh*t talking all of them, literally roasted Emma.Yet Storm's case is a problem how?

W/her increase in apperances(which I'm looking forward to), this will only increase because most writers don' worship Storm to extreme levels.The lightning situations is marvels was def. bad, as stated and explained but Unit here was breaking all the rules and I don't see how Storm was somehow worse enough to be considered jobbing

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Amen.

I will see if I can find it thanks love.

He said he will give bp goddess cred to storm sooo .... I hope we get that.

But also I suggest you go to page 51 of this thread and go read what Bobby'sworld said about her godhood. That user had a very interesting insight based on mythology about sky/weather gods being the head of a pantheon of gods... the god of gods aka omegas omega. I want to know your thoughts on that discussion. Was thinking you would find that very interesting.

hmmm I personally don't want her godhead to be tied in anyway to her mutant powers aka omega mutants, etc., , as her latent magical abilities aren't tied to them. I think this would also dilute the uniqueness of this ability, as this could lend itself to all omega mutants being considered gods. I would also want it to link as closely as possible to what coates defined it being which was she was the goddess who preserves the balance of all things. it wouldn't be a thing of her simply being a weather goddess. think of what she was able to do with Trion when she healed that entire dimension. I know her powers were not behaving normally but she was able to bring balance back to that dimension. if her abilities as it relates to her godhead is limited to only weather, which her mutant powers isn't even limited to that, I think it would be a missed opportunity to grow beyond just being a mutant.

some things that I think we have seen so far with this ability is for sure growing plants and perhaps creating an atmosphere from nothing as her mutant powers dont allow for this. the unfortunate thing is Coates didnt really get the chance to explain her abilities and what all this would allow her to do. perhaps to allow future writers to have more flexibility but hopefully they would look to develop it in a fashion more aligned to Coates initial description.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-05-2022 at 09:29 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oh yeah. She has even chosen to mill people in the past when she didnt need to or shouldn't have had to and it brought her into direct conflict with other xmen. I recall ome instance where rachel got mad at her because she opted to kill Karima or so, the told storn why she assumed she was leader of the team and storm simply said "because someone has to, and that if she Rachel couldn't stop her even if she tried"

I will see if I can find it thanks love.

hmmm I personally don't want her godhead to be tied in anyway to her mutant powers aka omega mutants, etc., , as her latent magical abilities aren't tied to them. I think this would also dilute the uniqueness of this ability, as this could lend itself to all omega mutants being considered gods. I would also want it to link as closely as possible to what coates defined it being which was she was the goddess who preserves the balance of all things. it wouldn't be a thing of her simply being a weather goddess. think of what she was able to do with Trion when she healed that entire dimension. I know her powers were not behaving normally but she was able to bring balance back to that dimension. if her abilities as it relates to her godhead is limited to only weather, which her mutant powers isn't even limited to that, I think it would be a missed opportunity to grow beyond just being a mutant.

some things that I think we have seen so far with this ability is for sure growing plants and perhaps creating an atmosphere from nothing as her mutant powers dont allow for this. the unfortunate thing is Coates didnt really get the chance to explain her abilities and what all this would allow her to do. perhaps to allow future writers to have more flexibility but hopefully they would look to develop it in a fashion more aligned to Coates initial description.

I knew you would have a deeper holistic concern that I wasn't seeing... but,
    Aside Miss Erica and maybe the current Nubia solo writer, I don't think any other writer wants to develop storm's abilities on the Divine side. As coates was trying to do.

Now I get what you are saying, but storm wouldn't have to necessarily stop being hadari yao or not be developed as such. As the goddess of the weather and the preserver of the balance of all natural things storm as a goddess is very vital, as all natural things is well all natural things!

But I think the omegas omega comment by Duggan along with the goddess references they have been making since the era... where duggan again have knull say she was his most powerful avatar above even the likes of gods and such, sooo much so she was to the best of my knowledge, the only being to be referred to as a light by knull in the event aside the enigma force that came to end him. I think there is something they are building to, the xoffice cant write storm without making it all mutant first sadly hence cant take storms divine abilities and complexities without reducing it to the weather.

But that's the thing the sky/weather god in almost all mythologies was always the god in charge of the other gods, the single most powerful god in that pantheon. Above even the lies of gods of magic, war, death, life, vegetation, sea...etc. The sky has very vast metaphysical implications to cultures all over the world, and even culture and spirit of a people aka the zeitgeist is directly influenced by weather in marvel, at a place called the superflow the highest point of reality. Culture and the people is embodied in the seat of all around us, something storm sits on as regent. And in the marvel article about x-men red storm is realizing that her people need more than a queen or regent.

I think ewing, if he is going in that direction is trying to tie her into the actual marvel cosmic hierarchy. Would love to see what comes of that though, cause I know full well no other writer would want to develop that aside maybe... hmmm... I cant think of any. Lol.

But above all else I want meaningful character development for storm. I really miss the Claremont storm but I know being can give her a unique spin which is just as special.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-05-2022 at 10:20 PM.