Page 213 of 833 FirstFirst ... 113163203209210211212213214215216217223263313713 ... LastLast
Results 3,181 to 3,195 of 12488
    Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    lol. it actually does kind of feel like if there was no judgement we wouldn't be in another holding pattern. why marv want us bitter? no marvel! NO! you will not take down ewing with your shennanigans. lol. How we go from two books in april to this though. it's a shame. and why are we here complaining about money we can't spend cause marvel don't want it. lol. but yeah i barely had much interest in judgement and it's getting less and less maybe something will wow. the worst is when the wait isn't worth it.
    See!! Exactly.

HAHA I'm glad we see eye to Eye.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was just told xmen red got delayed again to the 18th of May.
    This is so boring, being entertained by comics has become an uphill battle, it is all as exciting as watching the paint dry on a wall.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post

I don't see how the Judgement day crossover is going to stay on schedule. There will probably be a domino effect with these delays. I am so tired of crossovers. It would be nice if Marvel could go one year without one but I guess financially they just can't. I got whiplash from Ewing initially saying he didn't really want to be derailed by crossovers before like a week later saying he would if it fit organically. Sad. Smells like mandates to me.
    yea it definitely feels like mandates. i can only imagine how frustrating that must be for mr Ewing to have his books constantly dragged into pointless crossovers.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Daedra View Post
    This is so boring, being entertained by comics has become an uphill battle, it is all as exciting as watching the paint dry on a wall.
    its incredibly boring. someone in their planning, supply chain department needs to step their game up. their should be contingencies in place to prevent these types of delays.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

In some ways, this represents the learning of certain lessons from what did well and what did badly in S.W.O.R.D. For example, X-Men: Red, as you can tell by the title, is much more focused on mutant concerns. We are part of that larger universe of the X-titles -- including the Shi'ar, if you were curious about whether a book with Vulcan and Sunspot in the cast would delve into that side of things -- but I don't want to do any tie-ins that aren't a vital part of that line. Not even with my own books -- no plans for a Venom tie-in just yet. If there isn't a big X right in the middle of the event, we're not going to be part of it.

I don't want to do any tie-ins where we just plug into the larger narrative -- if we're tying into that entirely hypothetical event with an "X" right slap bang in the middle of it, that tie-in is going to change things significantly, not just for us but for the entire X-line. It needs to be a seismic event that cannot possibly be skipped or ignored and hits at the very heart of everything. This is true of any writer on any book, but if I'm going to ask a reader to eat a tie-in -- and since this is an ultra-connected line of books that itself is housed inside a larger shared universe, and every issue is technically a tie-in -- I am going to occasionally ask that of you. My responsibility to the customer is to make it as delicious and satisfying a feast as I possibly can. The time will come. But when it comes... You will eat well.
    -Al Ewing
    So maybe the delay will be worth it?
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    See!! Exactly.

HAHA I'm glad we see eye to Eye.
    When your right your right. I'm out. Lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

That image is so perfect. It's like if you won't let the delays kill the story for you, we promise you we will find another way. But hey maybe it's for the best like dodging the Storm is a baby momma bullet. I'm going to try to be positive.

Reading more...

Why are they so beholden to paper. I just don't get it. Save the environment. or reverse ship. If you can claim a digtial code why not being able to claim a print code and marvel just ships the customer the book later. i mean if this is because of paper i have a hard time respecting these business decisions.
    I wish we did know what's going on. Covid is almost a blur for me now since it feels like it's lasted a decade, but I don't recall delays being this bad when we were in the beginnings of the pandemic, nor even a year into it. I guess it's a combo of staffing shortages, paper shortage, and loyalty to comic shops since I recall seeing that Marvel makes the bulk of their money via said shops.

I don't read DC comics but are trey suffering to the same extent as Marvel with delays? At least then we would know if it's an industry wide problem or just a Marvel one.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I wish we did know what's going on. Covid is almost a blur for me now since it feels like it's lasted a decade, but I don't recall delays being this bad when we were in the beginnings of the pandemic, nor even a year into it. I guess it's a combo of staffing shortages, paper shortage, and loyalty to comic shops since I recall seeing that Marvel makes the bulk of their money via said shops.

I don't read DC comics but are trey suffering to the same extent as Marvel with delays? At least then we would know if it's an industry wide problem or just a Marvel one.
    Yeah it would definitely be nice if there was more info but honestly I'm getting to a point I don't care. I have a lot going on and it seems only the all white books can come out on time if I'm being flat out honest. You can release black widow and old man old woman this or x lives of who cares but the diverse line always suffering. I read like 95 percent marvel but it's time to diversify. They looking like a whole joke that isn't funny.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Storm looks like a teacher... JudgeStorm.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    its incredibly boring. someone in their planning, supply chain department needs to step their game up. their should be contingencies in place to prevent these types of delays.
    Ugh FML! Its like…first they start with bi-weekly thennnnnnn….immediately go to monthly the next week. Ugh! So this means we have a LONG wait to know what happens with issue XMR #5. Ever since I read that solicit the winds in my sails went from Cat 5 force to Cat 1 for fear of embarrassing beat down/death/shake up in the GR when I was just falling in love with them all over again.

lol. it actually does kind of feel like if there was no judgement we wouldn't be in another holding pattern. why marv want us bitter? no marvel! NO! you will not take down ewing with your shennanigans. lol. How we go from two books in april to this though. it's a shame. and why are we here complaining about money we can't spend cause marvel don't want it. lol. but yeah i barely had much interest in judgement and it's getting less and less maybe something will wow. the worst is when the wait isn't worth it. i may do like another poster is doing on new mutants. since i'm subscribed maybe i just need to go dark on it and just wait until whenever i get 2 and the others in the mail.
    To me like any event judgement day simply represents a day that a charchter definately white and likely a man would ascend to godhood to save the darn mutants or whoever from the BIG BAD. Infact I will be shocked if nothing like that takes place. like I suggested I just hope that the events in this just moves storms charchter forward.

Also marvel kinda doesnt like ewing? Like they try to sabotage the man at every turn. they made him towards the last in this even simply basically because they know if it sucks ass Ewing can fix it like he did king in black his issues were the best and most fulfilling the rest was action for action sake.
    Last edited by Reigna; 04-11-2022 at 10:00 PM.

The only thing that I look a little forward too is Storm and the Great Ring fighting together for the first time. If done right it could be good things for her. If she nukes whomever in front of all of them I like where that could lead

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Storm looks like a teacher... JudgeStorm.jpg
    Someone commented that the front is a beige sausage fest and I couldn't help but laugh. They are right ofcourse. Like I said good luck to all those involved hopefully storm has little to do in it as gillen is writing most of it and the few scenes she is written by ewing carry impactful chatachter moments.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Someone commented that the front is a beige sausage fest and I couldn't help but laugh. They are right ofcourse. Like I said good luck to all those involved hopefully storm has little to do in it as gillen is writing most of it and the few scenes she is written by ewing carry impactful chatachter moments.
    My expectation for Judgment Day is for Storm to at least say something powerful or important.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    My expectation for Judgment Day is for Storm to at least say something powerful or important.
    Yeah at least let her give the captain America speech this time. She is literally the highest authority figure there sans the celestials.