Page 23 of 833 FirstFirst ... 131920212223242526273373123523 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I mean strange's power and scarlet's powers come from e
    Osthur and osthur's brother respectively the two most powerful elder gods with osthur now being more powerful seeing as she has transcended godhood itself. A high priestess is a conductor for spiritual forces and energies and when you look at it it makes sense each of the three high priestess has a patron god of some sort Agatha is the most powerful ambient magic user, Wanda has chthon ala cosmic satan and Storm has The Bright lady ala omnipotent osthur. I believe that each has the capacity to tap into their sources to a level or degree that other magic users cant even dream of and are inherently higher and stronger vessels for magical power. It could also be that due to osthur giving the women of ororo's line the title of high priestess for soo long these women have overtime developed or evolved to become literally divine themselves. Something that the scarlet witch and agatha do not inherently posses themselves. After all a single tear from osthur literally became a sentient being sorcerer supreme and was nigh omnipotent. So hey getting that power running through you for thousands of generations has got to change something in you fundamentally. Unfortunately we might or will not get a story line exploring this in a while because marvel seems more intent on exploring chthon not his sister.

Also one thing osthur is the grey goddess, yes she is benevolent but she isn't the goddess of goodness, she goddess of not only order the antithesis to chaos but also balance. She also governs justice and is the goddess of the skies and the dawn. Oh and the goddess of truth which I find interesting seeing as reality warping which is chaos magical most definitive ability twists and changes what already is that is the truth and imposes it's own.

A series focusing on osthur and her very deep relationship to storm's bloodline would be very interesting. But alas... though I am grateful we ate getting xmen red by al Ewing. He would do her justice the best way he can I believe it.
    Ahhh, where is it stated Oshtur transcends godhood itself?
    I would argue the Vishanti are more powerful than your single Elder God but Oshtur being more powerful than her other siblings is never stated.

Oshtur can certainly be grey, after all she is also not allowed to directly operate on Earth just like Chthon and Set. There is also the implication from Marvel Tarot that Hoggoth is an Old One, a kin of the likes of Shuma-Gorath. Yet Oshtur has him as company and part of the trinity.

Also Agatha doesn't have a significant patron god I can recall, she probably worship your average pagan gods but no one major.

Extraordinary Member

To be frank based on her list of dominions alone osthur should be more complex than a simple goodie two shoes who can do no wrong. I mean as order she literally can do no wrong, but as the grey goddess yeah she should definitely have done certain things. The problem is that osthur is already sooo powerful it is difficult to determine weather she is even under the demiurge anymore. I mean this woman casually created new species entire pantheons the entire astral realm is her temple she has multiple dimensions and is as per her own words and the vishanti above the likes and inner functions of eternity. Affecting eternity wontt affect her. Or the other vishanti members with the only person big enough to check them is the living tribunal. She can casually destroy and remake the multi verse and is the only principality whose omnipotence is literally under speculation as many believe she might actually be truly omnipotent.

But forget all that I just want some good characterization for ororo's godmother hihi. She has sooo much to offer to stories and ot would be interesting to see her interact with other heroes rather than just sit an perceive everyone and everything as beneath her. Even calling galactus, a galactus.
    I mean, Elder Gods technically can do nothing wrong, at least to themselves they are just following their own principle and desire. Like what if an Earthquake killed bunch of people, it's technically Gaea's doing but is she wrong for that?

Extraordinary Member

Osthur is not as popular as her brethren but as the vishanti she is probably the most popular after gaea. Marvel focuses on chthon because marvel loves villains. They have this impression that villans or morally ambiguous characters make the best stories, but that is lazy writing if I have ever seen it. No human is a thoroughly good person and neither is a god especially one that resides over balance and is grey in nature that is dark and light. The vishanti together are these almighty mystical beings that are above anyone and anything save the living tribunal and the ine above all and some abstracts. Osthur left to gain knowledge before the elders gods started killing themselves. What happened when she was gone could make for very interesting stories. She literally created the marvel version of Angels.
    It's less about Marvel loving villains, more like the classic question of the "almighty good guy".
    Oshtur cannot just be there and mop the floor with any bad guy it encounters. They are usually there to give instructions and only fight enemies of their own weight class.(Like Agamotto fighting Galactus.)
    They are drama killer instead of drama creator like the evil Elder Gods.

Extraordinary Member

Osthur is not as popular as her brethren but as the vishanti she is probably the most popular after gaea. Marvel focuses on chthon because marvel loves villains. They have this impression that villans or morally ambiguous characters make the best stories, but that is lazy writing if I have ever seen it. No human is a thoroughly good person and neither is a god especially one that resides over balance and is grey in nature that is dark and light. The vishanti together are these almighty mystical beings that are above anyone and anything save the living tribunal and the ine above all and some abstracts. Osthur left to gain knowledge before the elders gods started killing themselves. What happened when she was gone could make for very interesting stories. She literally created the marvel version of Angels.
    Marvel is pretty messy when it comes to mythology, but Oshtur's bird people are kinda both angels and not really since proper biblical angels exist in Ghost Riders franchise(There are also angelic mutants, winged inhumans that are stated to be inspiration for fictional angels). Set's serpent Men are also kinda serpent of Eden, but also not really. Just like Deviants/Eternals existing along with actual gods and mythological monsters.
    The explanation is probably that mortals' perception/ideas of gods/angels/monsters/demons are a mix of everything that actually exists in MU.

Vishanti is not really above anyone and anything? From their own statement they are probably roughly at the level of Shuma-Gorath whcih is a powerful Old One. They can summon the Living Tribunal though, but that doesn't make them second only to him.

Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Habis View Post
    Did Oshtur created these angels who kidnapped Thor's sister Angela? And the Angels in the Ghost Rider books?
    Not likely, it is probably the case of Marvel werewolves having multiple sources of origin.(Alien, Chthon's kin species, mutant, etc )
    If the "Norse Angels" are like Asgardians in their origin, they are probably from Atum's energy as well.

Again, Marvel is not exactly dedicated to keep their mythos consistant, which is why every new god character must be the oldest, baddest and tied with creatiom itself and ****, even if doesn't make sense.(Especially so with Earth Gods.)
    Last edited by MaximoffTrash; 01-15-2022 at 11:02 PM.

Ah, you were speaking about the Bird-men of Akah Ma'at! But these aren't Angels as such, but rather a mortal race beholden to Oshtur (even if use of magic during generations later allowed them to Ascend and become Principalities...).

As for Yahwe, while he is used as a joke character, I find it interesting that he fulfilled a role much like Franklin Richards in the previous Multiverse. He is a Creator Deity, but he sees himself as a humble supplier of universes on demand, rather than as a supreme being or similar... If the Celestials or somebody similar want a new universe tailored to their needs, they contract Him. That sounds a lot like somebody with the same powers as Franklin...
    Yeah a creator deity among several creator deities. Isn't he the supreme god of the abrahamic religions on earth and as such is regarded as a creator amongst them, like brahman is considered amongst .My friend almost every pantheon also has their own version of a creator god. Being a creator god of your religion doesn't make you an elder god you are still a god. And yep he is basically a parody character being a very staunch regular in the duck tales comics. "Also sounds like" seems like conjecture there my guy. Where was it stated that the celestial would need him to create a new universe for their needs or you are just implying based of what? Last I checked and I recently re read the ultimates run along with several other books yaweh is no where to be found as a creator deity as you say, the celestials are beings capable of creating and destroying and the firmaments die and are reborn in a cycle to establish a new multiverse a cycle triggered by the celestial war in the first firmament. So I dont know what you are going on about.

Now back to osthur I mean aren't the heven Angel's also mortal aka can be killed with something as simple as a stabbing and yet beholden only to the queen of Angels? or even yaweh's Angels who are immortal but are beholden to yaweh so which is it do you have to be immortal or you do not have to be beholden to a god before you are considered an angel. Please enlighten me. I did say (though it was auto corrected) that she is associated with not only angelic creatures but the fae also. When she left the earth she traveled the multiverse and created a **** ton races due to one fact that worship makes her even stronger and her fascination for life. Similar to hadari yao and similar to many gods I presume. I mean she is an elder goddess who as a trinity with the other vishanti virtually sports power that transcends godhood itself. As it says here.

7662921-20201112_095441.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by Wolfsbane View Post
    Oh, this is so pretty! Is this from upcoming X-Men Red?
    Thanks. This is actually from Sword where Storm introduced herself to doom again. lol. I love their scenes together.

though these are from x-men red excitement, also posted in cable thread (the first image). lol and a few i drew while listening to al ewing x-men red playlist.

xmenred.jpg
    redomegas.jpg
    forwardgoddesswarrior.jpg
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks. This is actually from Sword where Storm introduced herself to doom again. lol. I love their scenes together.

though these are from x-men red excitement, also posted in cable thread (the first image). lol and a few i drew while listening to al ewing x-men red playlist.

xmenred.jpg
    redomegas.jpg
    forwardgoddesswarrior.jpg
    I have mixed feelings on bobby in xmen red on one had I want him there badly on the other I dont want him there but on his own or main xmen so that ororo can really be fully allowed to explore her cold related abilities. Either way I would be happy.

Also whilst reading Ewing 's old works I saw this thing called the superflow and its interesting what happens there likely storm would go there it's called the superflow the highest stage of reality and there concepts and such interact with the physical and do battle in metaphors but here is the catch there is the catch there is weather in the supreflow and it is from this weather that comes the zeitgeist.

RCO015_(2).jpg

Oh also the art works are beautiful her natural hair texture is really complimented by your art style.

I have mixed feelings on bobby in xmen red on one had I want him there badly on the other I dont want him there but on his own or main xmen so that ororo can really be fully allowed to explore her cold related abilities. Either way I would be happy.

Also whilst reading Ewing 's old works I saw this thing called the superflow and its interesting what happens there likely storm would go there it's called the superflow the highest stage of reality and there concepts and such interact with the physical and do battle in metaphors but here is the catch there is the catch there is weather in the supreflow and it is from this weather that comes the zeitgeist.

RCO015_(2).jpg

Oh also the art works are beautiful her natural hair texture is really complimented by your art style.
    Thanks, i appreciate it. In the last one (from this year) i was thinking "you got to at least lay ororo baby hairs with these kinds of looks." lol

I think Bobby would be a great fit and him and Storm have worked together in the past with her tutoring him on his powers and after him messing up all those Frost giants how can he not take her place in the arena of Arrako as her gladiator so she can focus on Brand and the real work. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Thanks, i appreciate it. In the last one (from this year) i was thinking "you got to at least lay ororo baby hairs with these kinds of looks." lol

I think Bobby would be a great fit and him and Storm have worked together in the past with her tutoring him on his powers and after him messing up all those Frost giants how can he not take her place in the arena of Arrako as her gladiator so she can focus on Brand and the real work. lol.
    I remember when the circle perilous was first introduced and someone said get bobby there I was like yes! He is the perfect person to do so, plus it would let him grow in his abilities. He could act as a champion for the regent as in you only get to battle the regent only if you beat him which would take a miracle as he literally cant die conventionally. This would allow ororo to attend to other matters and allow bobby to grow in his abilities and become more creative than he already is.

Hi fellow Storm friends. I was wondering if Storm ever created tsunamis or huge area hurricane systems?
    [Quote Originally Posted by Thor-El 10-15-2020 12:32 PM]

"Jason Aaron should know there is already a winner of the Phoenix Force and his name is Phoenixx9."

Like a Red Dragon, The Phoenix shall Soar in 2024!

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Phoenixx9 View Post
    Hi fellow Storm friends. I was wondering if Storm ever created tsunamis or huge area hurricane systems?
    She has. On multiple occasions.

BANNED

Did Oshtur created these angels who kidnapped Thor's sister Angela? And the Angels in the Ghost Rider books?
    I don’t think so, but who created them has never been revealed.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She has. On multiple occasions.
    I feel like the biggest tsunami she ever created was back in Xmen Red when she flooded Genosha. Biggest hurricane? I guess when she went Roguestorm. Or maybe back during World's End during Reload Uncanny. I can't remember how much area that covered. Although not sure we can count that since I believe it was said Rachel was amping her power somehow.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    I don’t think so, but who created them has never been revealed.
    The Angels of the tenth realm aka heven haven't been revealed but it's likely it is osthur in another form that made them as she made several races many of which were said to be angelic. but the angel that does ghost rider along with others like gabriel and Michael that was yaweh.