Page 617 of 833 FirstFirst ... 117517567607613614615616617618619620621627667717 ... LastLast
Results 9,241 to 9,255 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    What do you mean lazy? its probably one of the greatest classification that no one can copy without referencing to her -- not even Thor which rarely in concept, "do weather" -- most of the time he is still referred with just lightning powers so it wont cross over -- she's fine -- its just gonna be different when applied to Mar's environment -- id argued before that weather is an entire energy manipulation thing in the first place -- its easy on the science and readers should be able to grasp it easily as well (lols except when character bias is involved) -- and we need a very very good science fiction writer to do that all the time -- its just that not all writers are that good in the science department -

suspension of belief relies on reality it decides to bend and its more readable to take from what's real (no need to explin the relatable aspect) than settle with the argument that its fictional and forgetable coz it wont remind you that a cloud exist in your daily life -- readers would want to relate to what they are consuming otherwise they might pass on that book -- I think this is why they havent included her magical potential yet -- think captain america just being a nice super soldier but is everyone's favorite coz he is such a relatable patriotic human character.

Im not saying I dont want her to progress with cosmic weather -- I do -- but I dont want her character totally changed for the sake of greed and the "need" to be overpowered. I think at current she is at a balanced state, her old time readers are not lost at how her original powerset concept were for years, and new readers can still grasp that her powerset are natural and still believable. So i think she is still fine -- I dont like the screenrant article that is suggestive changing of her name too -- coz off sky is hideous lols imho -- we are just tired of the go to lightning -- trust me Id even want to point out her last shot at that machine was still practically a huge bolt of lightning but with added flare by Ewing -- at least there was some needed circuitry involved in it...with sobunar and the light concept -- id make a pass on it.
    These are great points.I just find the Weather manipulation sounds vague and very limitation.But I guess the reason I feel this way is that most writers who write about her have no imagination for the word weather.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 09-21-2022 at 04:44 PM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Storm can manipulate atoms, the fourth physical state of matter (plasma), electrons, she should manipulate gravitational force as well since this is responsible for atmospheric pressure, she can manipulate temperature, subatomic particles like electrons, elements at the molecular level, Storm is supposed to be one of the most powerful mutants among the omegas but they limit it.
    I know what you mean... casual comic fans you'd see in YouTube comments get extremely confused when they see Storm do something other than throw lightning or the occasional hurricane and I can't blame them. God forbid Storm scatters the electrons of an op opponent rather than gather them to make a generic lightning bolt or light up someone's pain receptors or stop neurons from firing.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Jean has a new category of Omega abilities in Judgment Day, can Storm regain one as well? Weather manipulation is really lazy.
    Seriously? A new category of Omega abilities? How did I miss that? What are these new abilities?

These are great points.I just find the Weather manipulation sounds vague and very limitation.But I guess the reason I feel this way is that most writers who write about her have no imagination for the word weather.
    I think thats the main issue. Ewing has demonstrated so much creativity with her powers, even the most basic forms. Hopefully he sets a standard that writers can use a guide for handling Storm and other X-characters with nuanced/complexities to their abilities when she appears in their books.
    Last edited by Wind Rider; 09-21-2022 at 07:13 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I think thats the main issue. Ewing has demonstrated so much creativity with her powers, even the most basic forms. Hopefully he sets a standard that writers can use a guide for handling Storm and other X-characters with nuanced/complexities to their abilities when she appears in their books.
    Yes, hopefully Ewing will set the bar so high that other writers will never get back to simple lightning and wind.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

lols confused post
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 09-21-2022 at 07:28 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Lucyinthesky View Post
    They got better, what I liked about them in the 80īs was Magneto telling Storm about Magda and Anya before anybody else, even Charles didnt know at the time, Dr Strange had to tell him, they shared the White King Place on the Hellfire Club and Storm went to the past and protected him from Legion in the prologue to Age of Apocalypse and his children know, Pietro mentioned her as one of the mutants whose council Magneto respects. Thereīs just so much interesting subtext between them that I didnīt know why the writers didnīt do more with it, so I am quite happy Ewing catch it and made them a little more explicit I am biased of course, I always liked their mutual respect and friendliness be it as foes or allies.

same argument I had with Logan and Storm ship -- just because they have been working together the longest doesnt equate that they are compatible -- it trully depends on how good the retcons would deliver on it -- and practically the least concern at the moment in Storm's life -- sure she may rebound -- again -- but just as the marital discord is getting tiresome for during the decade -- the rebound potential is included in that exhaustion -- Id really do want her to be happy with someone she can spend her personal life with -- the Wanda skit also pointed that out that its also already dysfunctional to begin with like ahe already has a lot of petty council members to deal with -- so in a numerical scale id say 80% no -- we need a break from this 10 year cycle -- and 20% well im just gonna add 10 years and wait for it to be destroyed -- oh wait -- it happened between 2 issues now thats quick -- shipping is actually an investment anyways -- been to ship war from other pop culture fandoms and its no easy task --

yeah im with you on that other writers --

Yes, hopefully Ewing will set the bar so high that other writers will never get back to simple lightning and wind.
    I wouldn't hold my breath for this. Claremont set the bar high yet for the most part that was totally forgotten and even now thanks to Al, we're slowly getting back to her being a powerhouse and not just a human sized energizer bunny.

It just takes one writer after Al to bring us back down to lightning bolts that pack as much punch as your store-bought taser and winds that have issues carrying Wolverine.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

X-MEN RED #10 Variant Cover by Mike McKone .

I'll be nice and say ummmm, I'm glad it's a variant.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

It's hideous. Even for a variant.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

If it weren't for the uniform, I'd hardly know the guy on the left was Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    X-MEN RED #10 Variant Cover by Mike McKone .

I'll be nice and say ummmm, I'm glad it's a variant.

Win or lose some fans are going to be mad.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    It's hideous. Even for a variant.
    What really threw me off is the head. Why is it a real mohawk? Russel explicitly said her hair was slicked back and NOT shaved. Got Storm out here looking like a damn milk dud with fuzzy mold on her head.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Win or lose some fans are going to be mad.
    Well I can only speak for myself, but even if Storm lost the fight, I know Ewing would make Vulcan work for it. It wont be a 100-0 fight by any means.

To me this is where having faith in a writer really comes through. Bright Lady knows if this was anyone but Ewing I'd be nervous af. Not that Storm wouldn't win, but that she'd get beaten in the most ridiculous way. Like Vulcan pulling out a mega lightning bolt just because he can and frying her on the spot and due to resurrections, like actually incinerating her.

And adding to that I don't believe any writer other than Ewing would have made her give up Krakoan Rez. It's too easy of a drama scapegoat. A talent crutch almost.

If it weren't for the uniform, I'd hardly know the guy on the left was Vulcan.
    Yeah, he looks like some SHIELD rando.
    "Danielle... I intend to do something rash and violent." - Betsy Braddock
    Krakoa, Arakko, and Otherworld forever!