Page 331 of 833 FirstFirst ... 231281321327328329330331332333334335341381431831 ... LastLast
Results 4,951 to 4,965 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh I feel like storm will become Vulcan's mentor. I think that what they are building it up to be. I could be wrong.
    Heheh its not yet here...ugh....I slightly disagree and hope this theory doesnt happen -- i dont want her babysitting another summers ego -- i thought she was queen of mars not nanny to yet another of Corsairs abandoned sperm -- i mean cant he do something??? even Charles is being held responsible for Legion sometimes but Summers gets a pass....this can do one time sure coz I gathered from these spoilers he is messing up her court or part of brand (you may correct me or Ill see for myself when it gets here)...and its a response....but please she should be now worth than just another Summer house accessory which is another point -- why is A summers problem becomes everyone else's problem?? -- She IS the Royalty now and I dont see some aid from the quote unquote Krakoan Royal family-- they even add to the bad news -- well Except Cable being Brands tail and a telepath and I wondered how is it that he hasnt picked up the nefariousness??? Hmmm again ill wait till later when its here-- so we can move forward ... At least from the sound of it, they didnt have to trope this to give nod to 201 -- that kind of moving forward...thats what we need....consistently -- so thank you in advance -- happy red day!

Yeah I really like him and he has great potential as a chatachter just wish he will be done with his I am a crazy emperor phase already. Storm will be an excellent teacher and friend if he will humble himself to let her teach him. See what I did there hihi.
    I would love to see Vulcan become Storm's Summers.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, it's not just that. He's honestly NOT really Experienced like Storm is. But anyway a GREAT STORM WEEKEND.
    Yep will now like storm to actually do some craze energy manipulation please? Thank you. Also when I first saw the battle I was left with a meh but now after sitting with my thoughts for a while I actually dig it. And per what they have been building both charachters to be it makes perfect sense.

I thought Vulcan had super strength and stamina which would make it kind of impossible for her to hold him by the neck. But I thought the scene was beautiful.

Quote Originally Posted by andreikes View Post
    I thought Vulcan had super strength and stamina which would make it kind of impossible for her to hold him by the neck. But I thought the scene was beautiful.
    I thought it was pretty obvious from her words they were battling with the energy inside both of them thus why he couldn't move. She wrestled control of the fire inside him with her hurricane of energy. Also i believe his strength and stamina actually come from utilizing his energy not inherent hulk like strength.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

The terraforming was good and all, but I think this was the scene that finally showed her as an OMEGA in this era. Vulcan is NOT a pushover.

She choked him like an unwanted step child.
    The Krakoans are EEEvil!

THEY MUST BE STOPPED!

from an art standpoint this was my favorite page set of scenes. that arrival, the team floating down. I was like YEEEEEEEEEEEEESSSSSSSSSS! lol

spoilers:
    elegantpower.jpg
    end of spoilers thats what you call atmosphere.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Now its time for my review of this issue. I won't get to spoiler heavy for those who haven't read it:

This is issue was just as good to me as the last issue perhaps even better. Ewing has a great talent when writing a team book. So many players, even from characters not seen in the issue, that make for great storytelling and world building. Specific to Storm, she didn't appear until nearly the end of the issue but her impact and influence was still greatly felt. We see in this issue the local Arrakii respect her. She doesn't engage with them as a queen but rather as equals who work together for a common goal, for which gives her great favor among them. Ororo is again able to disable a high powered opponent with little effort. There have been some who criticized this as being to fast and wanted more feats. However I dont understand this complaint. Ewing is clearly conveying to the reader that Vulcan is outclassed when it comes to Ororo primarily because her indomitable will is well beyond that of Vulcan. One its awesome this is referenced in the modern era. I can't recall the last time we've seen this. Two, if Ewing prolonged the battle showing them go back and forth that message he intended to convey - Ororo was the superior in this exchange- would have been diluted. Additionally, Ewing beautifully with this brief exchange reminded everyone what we've said here billions of times, which is that she is an energy manipulator. I couldn't believe it when I read it. This man has done his homework relative to Ororo and even though she was only in a few panels she stole the show. Just as Brand underestimated Ororo's abilities, many readers including some in her fandom have done the same. Ewing is clearly changing that notion via his stories in red.

That said, this appears to be a new era writers are showing us with Ororo, which is that she is a powerhouse. No more pompous statements with no action. Over the past few years we've seen her dispatch gods as well as omega level mutants. add on to this, they are showing how she can lead while leading with the people by her side. I think this is a great time to be a storm fan and I have no complaints with the issue. it was phenomenal and I'm ready to see what Ewing has in store for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    Now its time for my review of this issue. I won't get to spoiler heavy for those who haven't read it:

This is issue was just as good to me as the last issue perhaps even better. Ewing has a great talent when writing a team book. So many players, even from characters not seen in the issue, that make for great storytelling and world building. Specific to Storm, she didn't appear until nearly the end of the issue but her impact and influence was still greatly felt. We see in this issue the local Arrakii respect her. She doesn't engage with them as a queen but rather as equals who work together for a common goal, for which gives her great favor among them. Ororo is again able to disable a high powered opponent with little effort. There have been some who criticized this as being to fast and wanted more feats. However I dont understand this complaint. Ewing is clearly conveying to the reader that Vulcan is outclassed when it comes to Ororo primarily because her indomitable will is well beyond that of Vulcan. One its awesome this is referenced in the modern era. I can't recall the last time we've seen this. Two, if Ewing prolonged the battle showing them go back and forth that message he intended to convey - Ororo was the superior in this exchange- would have been diluted. Additionally, Ewing beautifully with this brief exchange reminded everyone what we've said here billions of times, which is that she is an energy manipulator. I couldn't believe it when I read it. This man has done his homework relative to Ororo and even though she was only in a few panels she stole the show. Just as Brand underestimated Ororo's abilities, many readers including some in her fandom have done the same. Ewing is clearly changing that notion via his stories in red.

That said, this appears to be a new era writers are showing us with Ororo, which is that she is a powerhouse. No more pompous statements with no action. Over the past few years we've seen her dispatch gods as well as omega level mutants. add on to this, they are showing how she can lead while leading with the people by her side. I think this is a great time to be a storm fan and I have no complaints with the issue. it was phenomenal and I'm ready to see what Ewing has in store for her.
    Yes Yes Yes. All this! This is the flagship for me!
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

All of this !
    I am a woman, a mutant, a thief, an X-Men, a lover, a wife, a Goddess. I am all these things. I am Storm, and for me, there are no such things as limits.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yes Yes Yes. All this! This is the flagship for me!
    its definitely an amazing read.

please everyone go to you lcs and pick up the issue!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    All of this !
    awww thanks poo!!! (^_^)

Astonishing Member

Yeah I really like him and he has great potential as a chatachter just wish he will be done with his I am a crazy emperor phase already. Storm will be an excellent teacher and friend if he will humble himself to let her teach him. See what I did there hihi.
    Vulcan's honestly just such a frustrating character for me because I like him conceptually but never in execution. Its just annoying that Brubaker created him with literally EVERY ELEMENT needed to have him be an extremely sympathetic character with a valid ax to grind against Xavier and a reason to be antagonistic in general......but then rather than just...go with that, he then proceeded to write Vulcan just going over the top being completely UNsympathetic in his actions like killing Banshee.....who never did a damn thing to him, and thus instantly destroyed any sympathy the other X-Men - and most readers - otherwise had for him, based just off his initial backstory.

It was always just so....huh? Like what's the point of creating such a sympathetic origin if your very next act is to undermine any sympathy people have for the character as a result? Its kinda why I've been meh on the direction Hickman primed for him and Ewing's taken up.....because again, the Krakoan era was the perfect opportunity to take a second crack at Vulcan's character and potentially do something different with him than the full villain route, but once again we're just barrelling straight into whiny pissbaby antagonist/villain territory.

*Shrugs* Anyway, I hope you're right and Ewing's got an unexpected direction for him planned, because frankly I WANT to like Vulcan but he mostly just bores me. Oh well.

I think this is just the appetizer, the real big fight is coming soon.

I'm pretty sure it won't be Thanos. He's gone.
    Most likely will be Uranos.A crazier and perhaps more powerful existence.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I thought it was pretty obvious from her words they were battling with the energy inside both of them thus why he couldn't move. She wrestled control of the fire inside him with her hurricane of energy. Also i believe his strength and stamina actually come from utilizing his energy not inherent hulk like strength.

Lols I finally saw it yay! One way or another -- besides im not speaking ill of my lcs for these delays -- anyways -- perhaps Marvel artist can find a way to have like a standard art format for "energy battles" like how telepathic battles occurs -- coz really really had to slowly read how Storm is dissecting the battle in words -- like okay Ewing the equivalent pose from Storm here which I am **** so fanning of Vader chokes is okay -- but some readers are "visual" readers -- i have no complains on the art -- cant judge since Im no artist but next time we see "energy stuff" its ground breaking visual "effects"? Might help end the Vulcan debate -- like I know Ewing is assuming people know what a hurricane vs fire looks like but this is comics -- not hating him though -- novel books doesnt do justice and requires 3 pages to describe a shirt -- perhaps to no avail -- maybe it will be different when the physical copy gets here -- ugh -- just like how GSX was totally different when i opened it -- but yes Mother -- i can feel Vulcan holding his breath there -- what do you think Asking since I see you are the artist of the group...and maybe you have more clarity regarding this....

Sideline to the Marvels showing Storm in a comic book shop like -- now that is something visually unique --
    Last edited by LadyXKerrigan; 05-18-2022 at 10:49 AM.