Page 318 of 833 FirstFirst ... 218268308314315316317318319320321322328368418818 ... LastLast
Results 4,756 to 4,770 of 12488
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I get that. BUT...I'd love the idea of Storm mixing in fire as part of her powerset. Most of her opponents expect lightning, wind, and cold as her bread and butter for offense. An F5 fire-nado or a Cat 5 fire-cane with supernally controlled oxygen flow could be epic destructive and VERY unexpected. And I think that is key. Orbis Stellaris is probably another hurdle down the road for Storm, who specifically analyzes Storm's powers. Ororo tapping into applications more creatively could be key for opponents who specialize in focused tactics designed to counter what they think she is capable of.

Agreed. I am admittedly nervous on multiple levels for Storm taking on Vulcan and then her/X-Men/Arakki taking on the Eternals. BUT...on many levels this is what the fandoms have wanted to a longtime - to see Storm and the X-Men get battle-tested against opposition with established cred as threats to the Avengers. On top of that I love where this could go with the Arakki. Imagine the Eternals facing off against Tarn? Do we get to see what Isca can really do if she can win without needing to switch sides? Let's have Storm be cunning, and fight dirty as a muthaf$%er to show what it means to be of Arrako.
    Exactatiously
    My Summer rain. My rooftop in Japan. My quiet in the storm. *cries* Al Ewing is GOD...Praise His name! Uplift Him in song! Glorify His works!

The Regent of Arakko by Leandro Oliveira

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...08633064161280

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

That's sooo pretty

Beautiful! Love how clean the pencils are.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

This is gorgeous!

Absolute perfection! I hope Storm still wears this costume for diplomatic meetings and political stuff.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    I get that. BUT...I'd love the idea of Storm mixing in fire as part of her powerset. Most of her opponents expect lightning, wind, and cold as her bread and butter for offense. An F5 fire-nado or a Cat 5 fire-cane with supernally controlled oxygen flow could be epic destructive and VERY unexpected. And I think that is key. Orbis Stellaris is probably another hurdle down the road for Storm, who specifically analyzes Storm's powers. Ororo tapping into applications more creatively could be key for opponents who specialize in focused tactics designed to counter what they think she is capable of.

Agreed. I am admittedly nervous on multiple levels for Storm taking on Vulcan and then her/X-Men/Arakki taking on the Eternals. BUT...on many levels this is what the fandoms have wanted to a longtime - to see Storm and the X-Men get battle-tested against opposition with established cred as threats to the Avengers. On top of that I love where this could go with the Arakki. Imagine the Eternals facing off against Tarn? Do we get to see what Isca can really do if she can win without needing to switch sides? Let's have Storm be cunning, and fight dirty as a muthaf$%er to show what it means to be of Arrako.
    I understand. Speaking of creative new ways to use her powers how about Storm manipulating the neurons in her own brain to make her brain/reactions faster or her making her brain so active with electricity telepaths can't reach her.

Do you know which comic Vulcan had problems connecting to the planet's magnetosphere?

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Do you know which comic Vulcan had problems connecting to the planet's magnetosphere?
    I think it was the ionosphere he was struggling to channel all that power in the ionosphere, meanwhile ororo can casually create an entire atmosphere like it's nothing.

Oh and it was xcorp issue 3 or 4 I forget.

Oh and I got a very spectacular way for ororo to fight and possibly defeat vulcan.

6042511-rco011_1469646139.jpg

It says she controls the energy systems that pattern weather. Meaning that as we all know storm can fundamentally manipulate raw energy and theoretically weave said energy into weather patterns or even complex energy systems. I was thinking if they fought on the moon their battle with vulcan doing his energy blast and **** and with ororo taking said energy and weaving it into patterns will end up creating an atmosphere of sorts hereby terraforming the moon. This will show excellently the power and control both charachters have without lowballing any of them.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I think it was the ionosphere he was struggling to channel all that power in the ionosphere, meanwhile ororo can casually create an entire atmosphere like it's nothing.

Oh and it was xcorp issue 3 or 4 I forget.
    Thanks!!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh and I got a very spectacular way for ororo to fight and possibly defeat vulcan.

6042511-rco011_1469646139.jpg

It says she controls the energy systems that pattern weather. Meaning that as we all know storm can fundamentally manipulate raw energy and theoretically weave said energy into weather patterns or even complex energy systems. I was thinking if they fought on the moon their battle with vulcan doing his energy blast and **** and with ororo taking said energy and weaving it into patterns will end up creating an atmosphere of sorts hereby terraforming the moon. This will show excellently the power and control both charachters have without lowballing any of them.
    I really love the idea of subverting the usual 'battle between ultra-powerful characters results in mass destruction and collateral damage' trope by having the fallout from Storm's biggest battles result in almost the accidental creation of stuff like new atmospheres in previously uninhabitable locations. That's such a neat twist and really plays perfectly into her nurturing goddess archetype, whether the latter is treated literally or not.

another reason i don't buy storm voting against hope in immortal and it feels plot. in uncanny x-force by sam humprhries even though Storm is the one to erase his memory of hunting Hope after psylocke does her read and finds he is okay Storm makes it clear that it's important to let both Hope and cable know of Bishop so they may proceed as they wish since the need to have a choice. overall uncanny x-force wasn't the best but for a obvious pocket book it did some good character work. I believe this run of puck is what got me into searching alpha flight.

To be clear i don't think it wasn't a good run because it didn't have some good ideas but something about it seemed like it had a lot of limitations placed on it sort of like Storm solo. I still wonder what an unchained Pak with a 100% omega goddess, we out your way storm would did. Given his hulk i think he would have been able to definitely develop the story.

Edit: Reading unanny x-force 16. Only storm can get Cable to talk when his daughter is missing. lol.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-14-2022 at 03:54 PM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    I really love the idea of subverting the usual 'battle between ultra-powerful characters results in mass destruction and collateral damage' trope by having the fallout from Storm's biggest battles result in almost the accidental creation of stuff like new atmospheres in previously uninhabitable locations. That's such a neat twist and really plays perfectly into her nurturing goddess archetype, whether the latter is treated literally or not.
    Yeah it will be soo dope to see. The entire moon altered in a positive way because of the battle, I enjoy when ororo is allowed to create rather than destroy. Yes I love a good destructive battle sequence but creation or reforming something for the better is more impactful imo. Hence why I would like storm to be experimenting with nebulae.

Yesssss

The superior outfit purrr