Page 315 of 833 FirstFirst ... 215265305311312313314315316317318319325365415815 ... LastLast
Results 4,711 to 4,725 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I mean yeah white women do also get the shitend of the stick but woc get a shitend and short stick. They get crappy events surrounding them but at least they get events surrounding them. Its soooo strange how women are given sooo little to work with yet are some of the most complex if not the most complex characters in marvel. I think it is because of the xoffice specifically chris Claremont and his wierd fetish for giving women authentic voices. And his greatest work was storm he literally made her the icon that she is now and forever.
    I'd be pissed if an MCU Xmen movie or Storm Solo didn't have Claremont in it.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I mean yeah white women do also get the shitend of the stick but woc get a shitend and short stick. They get crappy events surrounding them but at least they get events surrounding them. Its soooo strange how women are given sooo little to work with yet are some of the most complex if not the most complex characters in marvel. I think it is because of the xoffice specifically chris Claremont and his wierd fetish for giving women authentic voices. And his greatest work was storm he literally made her the icon that she is now and forever.
    I don't think Marvel as a WHOLE knows what to do with their Female Characters. I don't believe they have faith in developing their Female Heroes at all. I'm not sure why....it can't be just a popularity thing, because I believe Female Heroes are more Popular than the Males. Yes, Chris had the right idea he was going somewhere, but when he left it was like Editorial Lost their Minds.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I don't think Marvel as a WHOLE knows what to do with their Female Characters. I don't believe they have faith in developing their Female Heroes at all. I'm not sure why....it can't be just a popularity thing, because I believe Female Heroes are more Popular than the Males. Yes, Chris had the right idea he was going somewhere, but when he left it was like Editorial Lost their Minds.
    why you say that?

captain marvel, jane thor, scarlet witch, echo. marvel seems to have a decent handle on their power women characters
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why you say that?

captain marvel, jane thor, scarlet witch, echo. marvel seems to have a decent handle on their power women characters
    How do you see their portrayal of Wanda in MOM?
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why you say that?

-Captain Marvel: Ever since Civil War 2 Captain Marvel hasn't really been doing much. She got kicked out of S.W.O.R.D her Comics are barely making it.
    -Jane(Valkyrie): Jane got demoted from being Thor to Valkyrie and her Comics are not doing so hot. In fact I believe they are cancelled.
    -Scarlet Witch: If it weren't for the MCU Movie and the X-Men's rise back to A-List comics the Scarlet Witch would still be shuffled in the background. Also, ever since Trial of Magneto where is she now? Shuffled back to the Corn fields until they need her.
    -Echo: Plot Device. Period. She's only relevant because of that DAMN FIRE Chicken.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 05-12-2022 at 10:44 AM.

Why hasn't Storm fully explored her fire abilities.
    If air is moving fast enough it will ignite into fire or plasma.
    So Storm should be fire bending to the fullest.
    Your thoughts?

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Your thoughts?
    My first thought is seeing a giant fire tornado would be cool in the comics.

Guess she could branch out into fire weather sometime. ;D
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

20210208_221149.jpgI think it's one of the few.

Your thoughts?
    Probably because the average lightning bolt is hotter than most flames plus way faster so why bother...

Scarlet witch is a charchter I do not believe storm can beat. At least not with her state now. I need yall to understand just how broken wanda is now in the comics, she has absorbed the darkhold and also chthon. She has the power of a literal elder god within her. Now yes storm has absorbed far greater like eternity and can see the very core of creation and stuff but she is still seen or at least written by most writers as a lightning shooter wind breaker. If they decide to take the very elements of her chatchter I mentioned above the whole eternity thing, plus the core of creation thing plus the trion thing she will be waaaay more op than even house of M/ elder goddess wanda... but alas seems our mother is allergic to being op and her detractors are on a downhill battle to keep her at lightning blast.
    I hate to see it but I agree. Especially after seeing Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. I was like "yeah Storm ain't finna whoop on Wanda". I think the only way she would be able to is to break Wanda's concentration. I do think Storm has stronger will and focus.

1082305-levelingaskyscraper.jpg I'd love to see more of this... Air>fire

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    I hate to see it but I agree. Especially after seeing Doctor Strange and the Multiverse of Madness. I was like "yeah Storm ain't finna whoop on Wanda". I think the only way she would be able to is to break Wanda's concentration. I do think Storm has stronger will and focus.
    So when Storm reads Darkhold, does her will keep her mind from being corrupted by the dark?

Ok what about Storm with the book of Vishanti against Wanda and Darkhold

It would be a completely different game if Storm used magic, but we won't know the outcome due to lack of reference.

Storm can't use nor read Magic so, I don't think the Book of Vishanti is useful to Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    So when Storm reads Darkhold, does her will keep her mind from being corrupted by the dark?
    The Darkhold corrupts the Mind and Soul. The longer you use the more Chthon ceases control of that person and then takes over their body.

The real question is: Can Storm's Willpower push back Chthon?