Page 441 of 833 FirstFirst ... 341391431437438439440441442443444445451491541 ... LastLast
Results 6,601 to 6,615 of 12488
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    your attachments are not working for me. can you please upload it again?

also just want to add that any objective person can acknowledge what great things Coates dod for the character. had it not been for him she very well would still be moping around after losing to a cloid, taking orders from kitty - that is after she has awakened from the naps induced upon her due to being kod by a villain off panel.
    If you were objective calling yourself that wouldn't be too much of a stretch but we both know that's not true. you will always see Coates as more important than he is and that's fine. You like him. Coates wrote storm accepting her goddess hood. That's his contribution to her mythos. Anything else belongs to the writers that wrote those stories.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-24-2022 at 01:47 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    babe you are knocking it out the park with all this truth. please continue to do the goddess work and educate the children.

claremont didn't intended for rogue storm to be a true goddess just as dark phoenix was not a true goddess. please stop reaching lol

this all of this. had Ewing wrote the same story they would ecstatic. lol

your attachments are not working for me. can you please upload it again?

also just want to add that any objective person can acknowledge what great things Coates dod for the character. had it not been for him she very well would still be moping around after losing to a cloid, taking orders from kitty - that is after she has awakened from the naps induced upon her due to being kod by a villain off panel.
    Yes friend

7112909-9017935295-EG3qciHX4AAp_W3.jpg
    7112911-5473984945-EHQ0B91XUAAzdOL.jpg
    7112913-4670286864-EHQ0B94XkAAHYwp.jpg

It is blurry but Coates impact is undeniable.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    If you were objective calling yourself that wouldn't be too much of a stretch but we both know that's not true. you will always see Coates as more important than he is and that's fine. You like him. Coates wrote storm accepting her goddess hood. That's his contribution to her mythos. Anything else belongs to the writers that wrote those stories.
    Yes and in so doing all other writers acknowledged that storm is infact a god tier charchter. Coates open the door and the rest a walking through. He continuned what Claremont started and now Ewing will build on that... end of story.

Storm is a 47 year old character. Only two writers were really nice to her.Now with ewing, the numbers are just not right.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yes friend

7112909-9017935295-EG3qciHX4AAp_W3.jpg
    7112911-5473984945-EHQ0B91XUAAzdOL.jpg
    7112913-4670286864-EHQ0B94XkAAHYwp.jpg

It is blurry but Coates impact is undeniable.

Yes and in so doing all other writers acknowledged that storm is infact a god tier charchter. Coates open the door and the rest a walking through. He continuned what Claremont started and now Ewing will build on that... end of story.
    Oh please Coates is playing in the world Claremont created. Give Claremont his due because without him Coates would have added nothing and that's true about Ewing too.

Oh please Coates is playing in the world Claremont created. Give Claremont his due because without him Coates would have added nothing and that's true about Ewing too.
    Everybody knows that. Coates made some contributions for Storm and deserves credit for that.Sometimes just stop arguing and let them all get the credit they deserve.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Everybody knows that. Coates made some contributions for Storm and deserves credit for that.Sometimes just stop arguing and let them all get the credit they deserve.
    Exactly! Throwing a hissy fit wont change the fact that he did what he did and put the charachter on a level that forced many to accommodate to. Especially during a time where most writers didnt know what to do with her after Claremont. And for that he deserves his flowers.

How you going to be a Storm fan and not know that the name Wind Rider comes from her people because the women in her line were always riding the wind?

What we are not going to do is deny Claremont canon, not here and not now. Rogue Storm was the original story and Coates Adversary was a poor man's take to pay homage to it.

In this same arc Claremont makes it clear that Storm called herself a goddess by the nature of her powers but she was not a goddess, and this he specifies in his statement as soon as she loses control.

We still on coates? Yeesh. I'd take Ewing a million times over coates could care less about what coates did for the character. By the list in legion of x storm would have already been acting as an independent goddess even before the wakanda ascension and now shouldn't even need worshippers since if you add all them up she would beyond the tier of needing belief and able to act on her own goals unlike others that would still be tied to the goals of their worshippers. So at the end of the day Ewing and by association spurrier have taken it even further than coates because of that chart.

So in essence coates didn't do much but add more worshippers to what storm ready had so if the importance of exploring godhood is what people want to see them red is the place to be. What need for one who has already been and always been a goddess to circle back to a goddess journey. Let's just see her face the bigger threats and protect sol. Cause I have to say I been reading Thor and if those are the god stories they are writing or king in black, I don't need it
    Lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2022 at 06:01 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

LOL. Y'all are fighting over scraps not even Storm herself would lower herself to claim, now.
    And much like Storm in XMR...I'm beyond the paltry "Goddess" moniker. (Being a God in the MU is pointless and overrated, being a Mutant God is redundant)
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    LOL. Y'all are fighting over scraps not even Storm herself would lower herself to claim, now.
    And much like Storm in XMR...I'm beyond the paltry "Goddess" moniker. (Being a God in the MU is pointless and overrated, being a Mutant God is redundant)
    Exactly and Storm has surpassed the god threshold based on lox so she gets to operate independently. At the very least i'll give coates credit for the amount of wakandians because now we know for a fact those who worshiped her are well over 100,000, well over, so at this point the god thing would be a step backwards. Very clever play on Ewing part and i'm here for it. The goddess box is too small for her and she can't be thought out of existence because her omega level powers would still stand so she doesn't have the huge weakness gods actually have. lol

On a side, i was thinking about Storm being more durable and it would make sense for her to just increase the pressure directly around her body which would then adjust to compensate making her stronger. i just imagine someone trying to touch her and their hand being crushed by the pressure. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 06-24-2022 at 06:48 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    We still on coates? Yeesh. I'd take Ewing a million times over coates could care less about what coates did for the character. By the list in legion of x storm would have already been acting as an independent goddess even before the wakanda ascension and now shouldn't even need worshippers since if you add all them up she would beyond the tier of needing belief and able to act on her own goals unlike others that would still be tied to the goals of their worshippers. So at the end of the day Ewing and by association spurrier have taken it even further than coates because of that chart.

So in essence coates didn't do much but add more worshippers to what storm ready had so if the importance of exploring godhood is what people want to see them red is the place to be. What need for one who has already been and always been a goddess to circle back to a goddess journey. Let's just see her face the bigger threats and protect sol. Cause I have to say I been reading Thor and if those are the god stories they are writing or king in black, I don't need it
    Lol
    ReReading this i feel i need to expand because the Thor and King in Black thing and i believe they were both written by Cates so to expound i mean the position thor is in rather than the stories itself. with the phoenix thing from Aaron, and how that contradicts the Thor stuff in thor from Cates it makes it very hard to know where thor exists in space at this time. So its not so much Thor the story but the space of the character and what that is doing to the stories whereas king in black i meant the story itself in regards to venom and how the god thing was played out there.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    In this same arc Claremont makes it clear that Storm called herself a goddess by the nature of her powers but she was not a goddess, and this he specifies in his statement as soon as she loses control.

Did you miss the part where she evolved past all their understanding becoming something more, maybe read the bottom part that evolves the first part in the sentence. Or not reading comprehension isn't really that important as long as Coates gets praise for stuff he never did.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 06-24-2022 at 08:00 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    "To the tribes of Western Kenya, Ororo was a Goddess, mistress of the elements, bringer of life. They worshipped her, never realizing that she was essentially as human as they... Not a Goddess, but a mutant -- Homo superior."

Did you miss the part where she evolved past all their understanding becoming something more, maybe read the bottom part that evolves the first part in the sentence. Or not reading comprehension isn't really that important as long as Coates gets praise for stuff he never did.
    I read it and came away with the understanding that after her ordeal -- she became an even more powerful mutant.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-24-2022 at 08:28 AM. Reason: Addendum.

Incredible Member

Og Storm back at it again hahahahha

Ain’t nothing wrong with Coates storm lol

Nothing wrong with Claremont storm

There is a storm for everyone… What you going to do if they use Coates storm in the MCU lol. Mcu looks over all that history and starts there. I’ll be laughing my butt off.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    ReReading this i feel i need to expand because the Thor and King in Black thing and i believe they were both written by Cates so to expound i mean the position thor is in rather than the stories itself. with the phoenix thing from Aaron, and how that contradicts the Thor stuff in thor from Cates it makes it very hard to know where thor exists in space at this time. So its not so much Thor the story but the space of the character and what that is doing to the stories whereas king in black i meant the story itself in regards to venom and how the god thing was played out there.
    Poor Thor. They are really pooping on him. He doesn’t know who his Mommy is. ;-(