Page 445 of 833 FirstFirst ... 345395435441442443444445446447448449455495545 ... LastLast
Results 6,661 to 6,675 of 12488
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    It was xoffice with writers like Hickman and Ewing who respected the past that gave Storm the right development. The difference is you think there's Coates in it, I think there's hardly any.

That's fine. We keep our opinions to ourselves.
    So glad other people understand this and don't need Coates to be the center of a franchise he never wrote for.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    That's only true after she returned she wasn't an x character during the wedding years.
    the wedding ending weekend 2011 or 2012? storm had been treated like trash for years. if the xoffices wanted to do something with her they would have. what was their excuse for writing her poorly after the marriage ended?

Read the last paragraph kyss
    what last paragraph?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

It was xoffice with writers like Hickman and Ewing who respected the past that gave Storm the right development. The difference is you think there's Coates in it, I think there's hardly any.

That's fine. We keep our opinions to ourselves.
    I think the point I've made has been missed so I will just say ok and move on.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

That's only true after she returned she wasn't an x character during the wedding years.
    As far as I know storm is always xoffice property. I remember when they gave Storm the regent position they actually reflect on the past when they just kept her in the BP offices and made her more of a behind-the-scenes presence.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I wish we could travel back in time. Many people were flooding xwriters with questions during that period why storm development in black panther was being ignored by the xoffices. Coates took a property that wasn't his and wrote her better than her home office. Furhermlre Storm was getting poor treatment well before xmen gold, that book was simply the status quo.

all of the above isn't a demonstration of an omega. in fact JD White i believe was asked was supergiant referring storm as an omega mutate and he said no. The xoffices did not have any plans to make her one but circumstantial spanking her treatment by the xoffices didn't shift until Coates penned her.

correction it wasn't jd white but tom brevoort:

https://brevoortformspring.tumblr.co...-it-state-that
    PREACH! like I feel people have forgotten just how bad it was. We are getting some good content now so it's easy to forget the xditch ororo was in before coates exalted her. He had a vision for the charachter something her own home office lacked keeping her as headmistress of the school when scott and logan are off actually being important to the mythos. Literally storm's entire plotline in schism is telling Scott she is leaving him begging her to stay and she moving to his side in that wierd ritual dream beach sequence. Only to join his team and be very useless and very ineffective there. When it was she who should have opposed him in the first place not wolverine!

Dont get me started on IvX and all that foolishness.

Like I get some dont like bp and storm together, hell some vehemently hate it. But one thing we are not going to do is sit here and pretend that Coates didnt try his best for her when her own office wont. Its shameful behaviour and a misguided sense of hate towards a man who since claremoth pre krakoa was the best to storm and actually saw her as a valuable charachter not just some token..

Claremont had always made it very clear that Storm wasn't a literal goddess, but it was because of her mutant abilities and the majestic way in which she manipulated the weather that she was assimilated to a goddess. On the other hand, he always made it clear that she was a witch, a mystical being who derived from powerful ancestors with the potential for magic.

Mighty Member

As far as I know storm is always xoffice property. I remember when they gave Storm the regent position they actually reflect on the past when they just kept her in the BP offices and made her more of a behind-the-scenes presence.
    The x office lost her to hudlin in the early 2000's. She stopped being an x character until she joined wolverine and the X-men.

I think the point I've made has been missed so I will just say ok and move on.
    Your points which are very valid are being missed. At this point I am even tired. I feel that they hate bp and that has marinated to them hating everything bp related even coates charachter work on storm. They see it through that one lenses, I have been looking at each and every single person who has spoken I'll of coates and I realize they all hope some strong sentiments against the bp storm pairing. Frankly I dont blame them seeing as before coates storm was just support for bp.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-24-2022 at 03:58 PM.

So glad other people understand this and don't need Coates to be the center of a franchise he never wrote for.
    where did anyone say he should be the center of the xframchise.

I simply pointed to history and provided a lesson on it.

(Xoffices from 2011 to 2017)
    -the xoffice said they had big plans for her after the marriage was annulled
    -this period after the annulment was some of her worst writing, if not the worst, ever.
    - marvel discuss omegas and confirmed by tom brevoort that storm was not one
    - xwriters have her not being able to use her powers without weather and needing power amps via an enchanted hammer to take on such things as sentinels, she originally took out with ease
    -couldnt stop a cloud and had to put mutants at risk by housing them in limbo of all places
    -gave leadership to kitty (a character who viewed storm as her mother) and was a subordinate to her

(Coates from 2017 to 2019)
    all of that was happening with the character and then Coates picked her up:
    -made her unapologetically black
    -gave her ties to beings outside of mutants, such as Harlem and wakanda
    -made her a literal goddess anf feats that matched with stories that linked back to Claremont
    -had her help save a universe as a supporting character

he did all of that over a couple of years

(Hickman 2019)
    then the X-Office take interest in her and we get dawn of x.

I dont see the paradigm shift in her treatment as a coincidence. the xificces wasn't checking for her until an award winning writer came and forced them though his handling of her to do better in the xboiks. keep inmind Guggenheim was still writing storm when he starred and there was no indication he had plans of making her anything close to an omega. nevertheless the evidence speaks for itself. so let's agree ro disagree.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2022 at 03:59 PM.

Mighty Member

The point your making isn't being missed. It's being ignored because it has no bearing on Hickman making storm an omega. Your point is that Coates saved Storm from years of stagnation and that is why Hickman made her an omega the rest of us don't believe that.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Your points which are very valid are being missed. At this point I am even tired. I feel that they hate bp and that has marinated to them hating everything bp related even coates charachter work on storm. They see it through that one lenses, I have been looking at each and every single person who has spoken I'll of coates and I realize they all hope some strong sentiments against the bp storm pairing. Frankly u dont blame them seeing as more coates storm was just support for bp.
    If Coates had come to Xoffice to write Storm Solo instead of BP, I believe the result would have been very different.

I always thought he enjoyed writing storm more than BP.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Claremont had always made it very clear that Storm wasn't a literal goddess, but it was because of her mutant abilities and the majestic way in which she manipulated the weather that she was assimilated to a goddess. On the other hand, he always made it clear that she was a witch, a mystical being who derived from powerful ancestors with the potential for magic.
    Exactly, claremot taking storn through the punk phase was basically to deconstruct the whole goddess archetype. After she came out of it she was barely referred to as a goddess, it happened by more sparingly it was more frequent to hear her say once I was a goddess, or she used to be worshiped as a goddess, or even pretend goddess. But it wasnt until coates made her a literal god that you hear charachters call her a goddess very often as an affirmation of her identity. Even storm herself says she is a goddess very very often after that. Plus ewing said that he liked coates charachter work on storm and that the phrase "for there are greater things to be than a queen" will come into play very soon. He is pulling from many sources to write his storm but it's always rooted in claremot. He even said he has consulted the bp office and many other writers about his ideas and his direction with the charachter.

All I will say is STORM is on a journey she has had highs and lows and mids ewing has a plan let him execute it. This coates debate is tiring time to put it to rest once and for all. It is very clear no matter what many will hate what he did for storm and though I dont understand it they are entitled to their opinion and feelings.

Mighty Member

where did anyone say he should be the center of the xframchise.

I simply pointed to history and provided a lesson on it.

(from 2011 to 2017)
    -the xoffice said they had big plans for her after the marriage was annulled
    -this period after the annulment was some of her worst writing, if not the worst, ever.
    - marvel discuss omegas and confirmed by tom brevoort that storm was not one
    - xwriters have her not being able to use her powers without weather and needing power amps via an enchanted hammer to take on such things as sentinels, she originally took out with ease
    -couldnt stop a cloud and had to pit mutants at risk by housing them in limbo of all places
    -gave leadership to kitty and was a subordinate to her

(Coates from 2017 to 2019)
    all of that was happening with the character and then Coates picked her up:
    -made her unapologetically black
    -gave her ties to beings outside of mutants, suck as Harlem and wakanda
    -made her a goddess with stories that linked back to Claremont
    -had her help save a universe as a supporting character

he did all of that over a couple of years

(Hickman 2019)
    then the X-Office take interest in her and we get dawn of x.

I dont see the paradigm shift in her treatment as a coincidence. the xificces wasn't checking for her until an award winning writer came and forced them though his handling of her to do better in the xboiks. keep inmind Guggenheim was still writing storm when he starred and there was no indication he had plans of making her anything close to an omega. nevertheless the evidence speaks for itself. so let's agree ro disagree.
    While also ignoring that Marvel didn't get the rights back to the X-men until 2019 but go off I guess.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    PREACH! like I feel people have forgotten just how bad it was. We are getting some good content now so it's easy to forget the xditch ororo was in before coates exalted her. He had a vision for the charachter something her own home office lacked keeping her as headmistress of the school when scott and logan are off actually being important to the mythos. Literally storm's entire plotline in schism is telling Scott she is leaving him begging her to stay and she moving to his side in that wierd ritual dream beach sequence. Only to join his team and be very useless and very ineffective there. When it was she who should have opposed him in the first place not wolverine!

Dont get me started on IvX and all that foolishness.

Like I get some dont like bp and storm together, hell some vehemently hate it. But one thing we are not going to do is sit here and pretend that Coates didnt try his best for her when her own office wont. Its shameful behaviour and a misguided sense of hate towards a man who since claremoth pre krakoa was the best to storm and actually saw her as a valuable charachter not just some token..
    thank you Reigna. you are giving some more credit than im willing to. everyone here to my knowledge are very well versed on storm mythos even outside the xbooks. I personally believe some do not like black panther and therefore will never acknowledge what coates did for the franchise. however, if I am to be more gracious as you are and assume people have forgotten thats why I made a short overview of just how bad she was treated before Coates. Coates had to have pitched the goddess stuff to marvel a full year before his stuff even started coming out which would have put his works for storm way back to 2016!! and some want to believe that marvel had plans to make her an omega when Mr brevoort confirmed from a Hickman story itself might I add that supergiant WAS NOT talking about storm. If hickman wanted to make storm an omega why not do it there???? im not falling for it coates turned things around for storm and I will always give the man his credit here despite all the gaslighting.

the evidence speaks for itself lolol.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2022 at 04:13 PM.

While also ignoring that Marvel didn't get the rights back to the X-men until 2019 but go off I guess.
    what was the excuse for cyclops being the it guy during tge period marvel didn't have the rights?? they sure didn't mind giving him due respect.