Page 404 of 833 FirstFirst ... 304354394400401402403404405406407408414454504 ... LastLast
Results 6,046 to 6,060 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Making Storm the Incarnate of Gaea would not be a good idea. Especially, since Gaea's Maternity is being called into Question by Thor about who his real Mother is. The Phoenix or Gaea. We DO NOT want Storm caught in that BS. Poor Boy don't know who his Mama is.......

Now, I can definitely get with you Storm being the Incarnation of Oshtur that makes more sense.
    ugh yeah Gaea is kinda everywhere, osthur is more reserved and is severely underutilised making her tied to storm in a significant way will be a breath of fresh air (see what I did there... since she is the lady of the) but yeah osthur is very interesting and I hope we get more from her soon.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-02-2022 at 11:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I thought Gaea being his mom was retconned already... child I don't keep up with Thor's convoluted stories. One second he's depowered, the next he's got Galactus power cosmic then the Odin Force and now he's half Phoenix. The man should be a match for abstracts at this point...
    The problem is that thor as a concept in marvel is now a bastardized concept. He gets new magical forms all the time his maternal lineage is all over the place, I have even seen thor fans try to reconcile the gaea and pheonix thing, by saying gaea is an aspect of the pheonix. It's a horrid mess cates wants the gear route and aaron wants the pheonix route God of the FIRESTORM! I mean yeah sure.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    LOL One minute your warping the Universe and blasting abstract entities. Next minute ya get ass kicked by Spider-Man.
    He used galactus's power to beat the black winter a universe eating storm. After galactus himself said he couldn't do it yet he thor could? Yeah I smell plot bs.

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Ridley just sucks at writing non-black Americans but I don’t think it’s intentional. Same as when Spurrier gave Storm that awkward dialogue when Nightcrawler visited her in Legion of X. Writers want to give her an edgier voice but sometimes they go too far and have her come off as pedestrian.
    i thought that scene was a direct nod to the xtreme scene where everyone was like "Everyone wants storm" when she was in the wheel chair and everyone was laying claim. The legion of x scene that is.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

How would we feel if Storm was resurrected as a Windrider(Magic Base) instead of her mutant power.
    Maybe still using weather but the way her former ancestors did.

Or not using her Mutant powers as she formally did, but all forms like Mystical, cosmically.

Maybe not casting spells but manipulating it like she does the weather.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 06-03-2022 at 07:16 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    How would we feel if Storm was resurrected as a Windrider(Magic Base) instead of her mutant power.

Or not using her Mutant powers as she formally did, but all forms like Mystical, cosmically.
    No thanks. I think Magik which i'm still reading is a clear sign on the cost of magic and i think as a wind rider storm did have some semblance of magical abilities over weather but thankfully her omega mutant power which was very similar allowed her another path forward to claim what was hers. unlike say a sorceress conjuring a breeze or using magic to prolong life, Storm was born with a way to balance even her innate magic and as such can reach levels some will never dream of as mutant or sorceress. He mutation i think is what made the final link possible for her ascenscion. She don't need to call on this one or that one or ritual this or that to get things done. I think if we ever saw her in otherworld it should be just next level given what we are seeing happens there now with witchbreed.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    No thanks. I think Magik which i'm still reading is a clear sign on the cost of magic and i think as a wind rider storm did have some semblance of magical abilities over weather but thankfully her omega mutant power which was very similar allowed her another path forward to claim what was hers. unlike say a sorceress conjuring a breeze or using magic to prolong life, Storm was born with a way to balance even her innate magic and as such can reach levels some will never dream of as mutant or sorceress. He mutation i think is what made the final link possible for her ascenscion. She don't need to call on this one or that one or ritual this or that to get things done. I think if we ever saw her in otherworld it should be just next level given what we are seeing happens there now with witchbreed.
    To expand a bit. Given the nature of her powers Storm not only would have strong magic but she would be able to charge up her own spells. Making her extremely dangerous even against the most high level opponents. And when she needs to go up against someone like adversary she doesn't have to call out for such and such for her "magic" to change, her goddess aspect changes the properties of her base mutant magic but that is still used as a source to power her now "divine magic".
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post

Maybe not casting spells but manipulating it like she does the weather.
    Nope. Hate that idea. With every fiber of my being and love of/for Storm.

I believe that Claremont was actually veering into that direction, making her attune to her magical side after she had lost her powers...which would have been interesting back then as it would have been a natural development but not now that the current writers have already and recently expanded her Weather/Energy manipulation range so greatly.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-03-2022 at 08:16 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    To expand a bit. Given the nature of her powers Storm not only would have strong magic but she would be able to charge up her own spells. Making her extremely dangerous even against the most high level opponents. And when she needs to go up against someone like adversary she doesn't have to call out for such and such for her "magic" to change, her goddess aspect changes the properties of her base mutant magic but that is still used as a source to power her now "divine magic".

This is what I was pretty much was getting at. Thanks for putting it in better words.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 06-03-2022 at 08:40 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Nope. Hate that idea. With every fiber of my being and love of/for Storm.

I believe that Claremont was actually veering into that direction, making her attune to her magical side after she had lost her powers...which would have been interesting back then as it would have been a natural development but not now that the current writers have already and recently expanded her Weather/Energy manipulation range so greatly.
    Honestly, I very much agree. You absolutely right maybe back then, but like you said too much has happened. It would be a huge step backwards.

Just spit balling you guys. Just be sitting here with Storm thoughts with no one to share with until I remember I got a cult tribe here to bounce ideas off of. Thanks to those who responded.

Secretly in the Shadows Starleafgirl's Avatar

I'd be interested in a Magical Storm story arc, but not the whole resurrecting as a magical person instead of a mutant... she's already both.

The idea of developing Ororo's magical side is something that would be difficult to please everyone if they tried to do it, just because she's already so powerful in every other way (especially her mutant power).

For instance, what if she was stuck in somewhere like Otherworld or The Vault and had to develop her magical powers to survive? We could see a whole amazing storyline of her learning to tap into her magical abilities, becoming a powerful sorceress, and then maybe she would die without making it back to Krakoa and had to be resurrected without that knowledge and abilities.

Would people be happy that they got to see a magical Storm? Or annoyed that it was teased then taken away from us? Or relieved that they don't have to update all of Storm's wiki pages with her new magical powers? Or disappointed at what could've been, but glad that they got to see it once?

I imagine it'd be very divisive. Though I could imagine them doing something like that (perhaps with an alternate reality Storm?) just to test what people's reactions would be before possibly adding it to the main universe Storm.
    Prεtty Pεnny
    I have no speech. No name. I live in the action of death. The blood-cry, the penetrating wound. I am destruction.... http://img.photobucket.com/albums/v7.../penance-1.jpg
    <----------------------------------->

Keep the snark to a minimum. ~ The CBR Community Behavior Rules

"What? I can't promise that!" ~ Starleafgirl

Original Join Date: 10-31-2007

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oh it diesnt and it does especially when you consider wabda's relationship to chthon. But Agatha is not soo clearly defined by a god or even a higher power but storm on the other hand does have a connection to at least two... but I dont think that mattered they simply wanted to put in some cool trivia about the characters.
    I think Marvel was looking for another Female Hero with a slight touch of Magical Connection.

ugh yeah Gaea is kinda everywhere, osthur is more reserved and is severely underutilised making her tied to storm in a significant way will be a breath of fresh air (see what I did there... since she is the lady of the) but yeah osthur is very interesting and I hope we get more from her soon.
    Yeah, Oshtur is the way to go if we doing Re-incarnation.

He used galactus's power to beat the black winter a universe eating storm. After galactus himself said he couldn't do it yet he thor could? Yeah I smell plot bs.
    Of Course it's Plot BS you know it!!!

Its sooo fascinating what you can learn from other planets suddenly the possibilities are truly limitless.

https://www.chron.com/news/space/art...p?t=0a33030269

As an omega level weather manipulator storm should be able to recreate these conditions if need be right?

Judgment day is approaching

1.jpg
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Cable looks off for some reason? Like he's not all there in the head.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation