Page 354 of 833 FirstFirst ... 254304344350351352353354355356357358364404454 ... LastLast
Results 5,296 to 5,310 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    It's not hate at all. It's just confusion.

LMAO! See that I would not mind at all. Storm's team needs a telepath on it because all the other spots are filled.

Energy manip - Storm/Mags/Sunspot.

Movement - You know Mr. Fesi is going to join. No way Ewing is actually going to let him go to the Avengers.

Strength - Sunspot/Storm (if we're counting wind and pressure).

The big whole in the team is a communicator. Telepathic communication while in combat is kinda their staple as X-Men and depending on the writer they can spend hours planning their next move before the 2nd punch is thrown. You add Jean's TK to the mix and Goddess help whoever is standing in their way.
    Exactly and while Xmen is a good book THIS to me is the level Jean should be on with her girl and i don't think she can get that in X-men without it looking like she's just showing everyone up. Everything about Red is book of powerhouses and we've only scratched the surface. This is the only way i think in general we will really get to see what omega telepathy means. Fighting with aliens, shielding your team from thing, communicating with Storm while she at the intergalatic council meeting that was promoed, light years away. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

It's not hate at all. It's just confusion.

LMAO! See that I would not mind at all. Storm's team needs a telepath on it because all the other spots are filled.

Energy manip - Storm/Mags/Sunspot.

Movement - You know Mr. Fesi is going to join. No way Ewing is actually going to let him go to the Avengers.

Strength - Sunspot/Storm (if we're counting wind and pressure).

The big whole in the team is a communicator. Telepathic communication while in combat is kinda their staple as X-Men and depending on the writer they can spend hours planning their next move before the 2nd punch is thrown. You add Jean's TK to the mix and Goddess help whoever is standing in their way.
    Storm and Jean are the most popular X-women and before the MCU the most popular women in Marvel... Their also the most powerful X-Men so it makes sense to me.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. thank you sub for acknowledging this that is you don't see the point! I remember back when the first xmen red was out and storm fans who didn't like how she was depicted were told to just let Jean have her moment . ok fine, why can't the same apply here especially when Jean wasn't even in the book? Let ororo have her shine please and thank you. im all for shared moments like this for linking of hands between the fandom but that issue had nothing to do with Jean period:

2. yes time and consistent stories where storm is shown in such a light. and you hit exactly what I am most concerned with and that is how will writers showcase after Ewing leaves. he respects canon and actually understands her abilities. none of the most recent xmen writers had a clue on how to write imho.

3. lololol exactly!!! great analogy. miss me with this article im sorry can't cosign that.
    1. Lmao! Like I said IF they were trying to make the article in a way that explains how willpower is ultimately the deciding factor between two Omegas then cool. Throw Storm, MAgneto, and Jean and go on about your buieness. We can have that discussion. But this? Why?

2. I'm being foolish but I'm hoping beyong hope that once Ewing does leave he'll leave Storm in a position where it forces writers to respect her abilities AND her character.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

1. Lmao! Like I said IF they were trying to make the article in a way that explains how willpower is ultimately the deciding factor between two Omegas then cool. Throw Storm, MAgneto, and Jean and go on about your buieness. We can have that discussion. But this? Why?

2. I'm being foolish but I'm hoping beyong hope that once Ewing does leave he'll leave Storm in a position where it forces writers to respect her abilities AND her character.
    1. yes exactly. throw the other omegas some love too lolol.

2. me too friend thats all we can do
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Exactly and while Xmen is a good book THIS to me is the level Jean should be on with her girl and i don't think she can get that in X-men without it looking like she's just showing everyone up. Everything about Red is book of powerhouses and we've only scratched the surface. This is the only way i think in general we will really get to see what omega telepathy means. Fighting with aliens, shielding your team from thing, communicating with Storm while she at the intergalatic council meeting that was promoed, light years away. lol
    Exactly. It's saying something about your team when Sunspot is the weakest link. Fisherking is still a wildcard. I'm not buying that "I'm just a lil mere mortal with no powers" bit. No mam.

High-key want it confirmed that Storm and Jean share a telepathic link. Like Storm could be in a whole 'nother galaxy and Jean could still talk with her. Jean done walked in her soul and met her parents. It's not a stretch.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    Storm and Jean are the most popular X-women and before the MCU the most popular women in Marvel... Their also the most powerful X-Men so it makes sense to me.
    Not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just saying in the context of what the article was trying to do, Jean had no place in it. They tried to combine a recap of Red #2 and tie-in Jean's willpower.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I think it depends on how successful XMR is.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I think it depends on how successful XMR is.
    I can buy that but at the same time if they want to portray Storm in a competent want in both her characters and powers then it should be in all the boos she's in.

For example when she was in X-Men under Duggan. That was a wonderful issue for her and even gave her a lil' feat to add some spice to it.

Exactly. It's saying something about your team when Sunspot is the weakest link. Fisherking is still a wildcard. I'm not buying that "I'm just a lil mere mortal with no powers" bit. No mam.

High-key want it confirmed that Storm and Jean share a telepathic link. Like Storm could be in a whole 'nother galaxy and Jean could still talk with her. Jean done walked in her soul and met her parents. It's not a stretch.

Not disagreeing with that at all. I'm just saying in the context of what the article was trying to do, Jean had no place in it. They tried to combine a recap of Red #2 and tie-in Jean's willpower.
    LMAO i was literally going to edit my post and say the same thing but using fisherking but i didn't believe it either so i backed out. lol. And your right about the article. I mean there was no point to bring her up but overall there wasn't really a point to the article given the title. It was pretty Surface level (on a roll). so i enjoyed it for that.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    That's what I always thought. If I was an ordinary reader, reading the books after Claremont left X-men,In most of the stories I would definitely say storm is a terrible character, has no interesting story, doesn't look like a leader at all, and her powers are almost useless.
    exactly. I really believe this sums up why she is perceived by so many as weaker than she truly is.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMAO i was literally going to edit my post and say the same thing but using fisherking but i didn't believe it either so i backed out. lol. And your right about the article. I mean there was no point to bring her up but overall there wasn't really a point to the article given the title. It was pretty Surface level (on a roll). so i enjoyed it for that.
    Actually that's a good point lmao! Unless you can warp reality on a meaningful scale I don't think the "most powerful" is a table you can apply to sit at.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    exactly. I really believe this sums up why she is perceived by so many as weaker than she truly is.
    Go back a page. MOPED.

If I were a casual reader and you went from that mess to Storm laying Vulcan on his ass I'd get whiplash too.

Perhaps the article would have been better received if they actually showed what made Storm and Jean the most powerful mutants like the title suggested. Maby show Jean knocking Big G on his Big A as a teen or Storm one shooting Adversary who gave Phoenix Echo a run for her money...

Go back a page. MOPED.

If I were a casual reader and you went from that mess to Storm laying Vulcan on his ass I'd get whiplash too.
    lololol right.. the infamous taser scan has been used so many times to show why she is weak lololol which i agree needs to be burned.

Perhaps the article would have been better received if they actually showed what made Storm and Jean the most powerful mutants like the title suggested. Maby show Jean knocking Big G on his Big A as a teen or Storm one shooting Adversary who gave Phoenix Echo a run for her money...
    yes. this would have made more sense.

It would've at least made more sense lol.