Page 451 of 833 FirstFirst ... 351401441447448449450451452453454455461501551 ... LastLast
Results 6,751 to 6,765 of 12488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    The response to those questions made me all of the X-Men (save for Betsy since she was in a recent one) are overdue for handbook entry updates. I don't think we got a Storm Dauterman power grid variant, and the last time I recall an entry for Storm was on a cover for X-Men Gold (a nightmarish period) and it wasn't updated past her 2007 ratings. I've always thought she was underrated in Intelligence, Power, Fighting Ability, and possibly Durability. Like:

*stats*
    Over time i have grown sceptic of trying to classify super hero comic characters according to nummerical stats, given that the expression of their qualities can differ noticable between writers (just look at Wolverine and his "genius" level mental abilities...) and many of these characters also have extremely complex factors behind their powers, abilities and skills which can't be satisfyingly put into a simple 1-5/10 rating system.

Like you could have two characters rated the same in stats, but when one then follows their stories it becomes easily apparent that there is quite a gap between them, with the main reason they get the same stats being that they were compared to other much stronger or weaker characters.

Because the bandwith of Marvel comic characters ranges from ordinary humans to people who can sneeze worlds into and suns out of existence.

Which also kind of dooms any attempt to put these characters into an RPG system while trying to retain their feeling from the comics. Too many moving parts involved in how their comic versions function and not enough established firm barriers.

So i don't think any of you will ever be satisfied with how they will rate Storm.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and when you're done Phoenix is still not a true goddess nor was Roguestorm.
    We can agree to disagree Coates is still irrelevant and I am happy.

hence why Ewing said his version of storm is beyond stats and trading cards. He puts her on a level of things she can do and whilst building up her charchter and honestly that's enough for me.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-25-2022 at 04:10 PM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    We can agree to disagree Coates is still irrelevant and I am happy.
    its not about agreeing to disagree. she was never canonically a real goddess until Coates. you're literally the only person who would make such a claim.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

its not about agreeing to disagree. she was never canonically a real goddess until Coates. you're literally the only person who would make such a claim.
    That's not true but believe what you want.

I love how it is trying to gaslight and strongarm you into accepting its position. If you are right about something you dont need to play mental gymnastics to get someone to agree with you. You simply state your case and move on. Let the facts speak for themselves.

Guess the fact doesnt support its argument.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I love how it is trying to gaslight and strongarm you into accepting its position. If you are right about something you dont need to play mental gymnastics to get someone to agree with you. You simply state your case and move on. Let the facts speak for themselves.

It huh? I am not trying to do any of that but when paranoia about one's position is evident dehumanizing takes place.

That's not true but believe what you want.
    well no one who posts here for sure wouldn't say that nor would you find any wikis or marvel encyclopedias that would say that as well. just stuff you made up which you most certainly entitled but doesn't make it factual or canonically sound.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Mighty Member

well no one who posts here for sure wouldn't say that nor would you find any wikis or marvel encyclopedias that would say that as well. just stuff you made up which you most certainly entitled but doesn't make it factual or canonically sound.
    That's not true either but believe what you want.

yes its absolutely absurd no one ever claimed she was a real goddess only one in name and im very sure that user is aware of this. they just dislike Coates so much they jumping though hoops to make anything stick lol.

It huh? I am not trying to do any of that but when paranoia about one's position is evident dehumanizing takes place.
    Excuse me but are you an it? I addressed an it, if it dont apply let it fly, it it applies... well. That ain't my problem now is it.

That's not true either but believe what you want.
    I've been a regular poster on this site since 2014 and no one ever used roguestorm to suggest she was a canonical goddess. many of the fans used that feat to support her being an omega but never an actual goddess. you are the first and even still such a claim has never been suggested by the xoffices and many stories after roguestorm including the one from xtreme highlighted she was only a goddess in name.

yes its absolutely absurd no one ever claimed she was a real goddess only one in name and im very sure that user is aware of this. they just dislike Coates so much they jumping though hoops to make anything stick lol.
    Bending overbackwards to create arguments and shape facts to fit a distorted argument. Hence why I am tired of hearing about it. All that matters is that Ewing now has the charachter and he has acknowledged her title as hadari yao and fully plans on engaging her powers fully and unapologetically (he even stresses that this is not just fan service but a genuine exploration of the charachter and her capabilities), coates did what he did now he is gone and has found success elsewhere and is renown by scholars and academics. It all ended well for us storm fans and that is what matters.

Mighty Member

Excuse me but are you an it? I addressed an it, if it dont apply let it fly, it it applies... well. That ain't my problem now is it.
    Oh I don't take it doesn't change that you said it. That's a you problem isn't it?

Mighty Member

I've been a regular poster on this site since 2014 and no one ever used roguestorm to suggest she was a canonical goddess. many of the fans used that feat to support her being an omega but never an actual goddess. you are the first and even still such a claim has never been suggested by the xoffices and many stories after roguestorm including the one from xtreme highlighted she was only a goddess in name.
    You ignoring the story isn't my problem.