Page 101 of 833 FirstFirst ... 5191979899100101102103104105111151201601 ... LastLast
Results 1,501 to 1,515 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was so hyped when it was announced she would be an avengers. I remember seeing the promotional art thinking this would be huge for her since she was replacing Thor. boy oh boy was I completely incorrect.

it seems often times with her they like to include her on covers or in books without any meaningful stories because of her popularity. we dealt a lot with that during the 2000s a shame 20 some years later this is still going on to the point where we always assume she won't be in the actual pages of the comic.
    That is what is disheartening. They were essentially disregarding her only keeping her around for diversity points. I am of the mentality that if you know you cant do it well dont touch it. Hence my very strong distaste for marauders as a run. Like that was some bull on sooo many levels, the two storm centric issues the one with calisto was a meh to me narrative wise, the way calisto says goddess makes me want to barf.

The second issue that surrounded her was 20 and I couldn't enjoy that cause he easily could have made 8t a part of the actual story not a quick recap issue. Looks like stork was doing interesting things on her own compared to the entire marauders who knew.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm okay with Storm not being seen in women of Marvel or some side book as the next Storm voice i want to hear is ewing's after Xmen #9 did that. lol. but that is def some false advertisement. lol. haven't read it yet but i did get it but i wasn't really expecting Storm to show up but she should have based on what was visually marketed.
    Well you will get gillen before ewing. And depending on your proclivity for his take on storm, you might like it or hate it?

The trailer is what even annoyed be, she was the main thing in the cover like they fint try to hide it. Yet she doesn't appear not once? Like if you got the book please does she even make a cameo?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    That is what is disheartening. They were essentially disregarding her only keeping her around for diversity points. I am of the mentality that if you know you cant do it well dont touch it. Hence my very strong distaste for marauders as a run. Like that was some bull on sooo many levels, the two storm centric issues the one with calisto was a meh to me narrative wise, the way calisto says goddess makes me want to barf.

The second issue that surrounded her was 20 and I couldn't enjoy that cause he easily could have made 8t a part of the actual story not a quick recap issue. Looks like stork was doing interesting things on her own compared to the entire marauders who knew.
    agreed 100% . the folks at marvel can't resist not having her because of her popularity and for diversity. it's one ofvthe reasons I was so pleasantly surprised with her current position as regent.

do u have the Callisto scan by chance?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

yes thats the only reason I'm happy because Ewing will be saving us from this massive strom drought we've been living lol
    Yep yep yep. We are tgirstibg for true storm content. Like duggan did it with #9 but for some reason that made me even angrier about his portrayal of ororo in marauders. I fingld myself saying " you can do this and you were doing that all this time?"

thank you!! smh. why they always gotta be so predictable with these covers? gorgeous, gorgeous cover btw . I wonder did the other 3 ladies appear.
    Only Black Cat.

agreed 100% . the folks at marvel can't resist not having her because of her popularity and for diversity. it's one ofvthe reasons I was so pleasantly surprised with her current position as regent.

Oh the regent position wouldn't have made sense if it was anyone else. Not even apocalypse could fill that role, maybe just for arakko but for the whole solar system? Nope!

It was amazing how when that came out in plane sized x-men everyone simultaneously said the refent of sol is storm. A few were going magneto or some other, but even storm haters were saying she was the only one that makes sense.

Like the sheer size of the role fits her perfectly like a perfectly tailored suit. There is no room for error and to many fans this was just one step for her to become the true ruler of space and place mutants in the cosmic map.

I really pray and I know that the stories around arakko will do well.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Yep yep yep. We are tgirstibg for true storm content. Like duggan did it with #9 but for some reason that made me even angrier about his portrayal of ororo in marauders. I fingld myself saying " you can do this and you were doing that all this time?"
    maybe he needed to see how Ewing did it to give us something good that we saw in xmen 9??

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Only Black Cat.
    well its good storm wasn't the only one who received this treatment lol thanks
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

I give Duggan all the credit and respect in the world. I don't think Storm was used a lot in Marauders but what Duggan and Hickman did to a lesser degree was bring her back into prominence in the x-franchise by rebuilding her connections, by regaining her respect, status and friendships that the character never quite regained after she was snatched out of the books and married off. From that moment on all of her returns were sparse and though she was in a position of power she was never the lead, never committed to the story completely as it seemed like imo, no one could really make long term plans, again this is just my observation as someone who has read maybe 89% of the X-books and was aware and plugged in to what was going on with marvel via the web and other books for the last 20 years.

When she did start to lead again it was in off books, x-force etc, then she moved her way back up to X-men but it was still a splinter team sort of in the lane of Xtreme Xmen but not the draw to the franchise itself as she once were, at least not to the minds of those who were doing the material and it wasn't until the cloud situation with cyclops, older jean dead, and logan dead that i twas pretty much "Well we got Storm left." And i enjoyed those stories for what they were but i can't even pretend like it wasn't a bit of a pill to swallow and after how she had been written as passive for over a decade until Bob Woods tried to bring out her more aggressive side in his run and also in the x-force run, it wasn't until then that the duality of Storm started to return. Even in X-men Red which was well written Storm appearance was more of a guest appearance but she was seen enough to feel like part of the team.

I guess all that is to say knowing what we know of Hickman wanted to have storm pregnant and where she was after Inhumans and during Gold i for one and glad Duggan put the character on a top shelf where she belonged and pulled her out to give her meaning. These questions were asked during Marauders and they had to be answered, Where is storm prominence, why isn't she doing anything? And i am glad they got to be asked rather than her just being pushed into some other role and it looks like Xmen Red is going to be the answer. Even in the data pages of Marauders the question was asked by Dolores herself, something that imo would make any reader wonder as well on some level "with all her power etc, why is storm leading. where is she? Surely krakoa needs her.?" I mean it's none of this is fact but i do feel if not for Marauders Storm wouldn't be on the journey she is on now. And i am actually appreciative of it.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Well you will get gillen before ewing. And depending on your proclivity for his take on storm, you might like it or hate it?

The trailer is what even annoyed be, she was the main thing in the cover like they fint try to hide it. Yet she doesn't appear not once? Like if you got the book please does she even make a cameo?
    LMAO i totally forgot about Immortal Xmen. lol.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Oh the avengers, what a mess that turned out to be. Like why have her as an avenger if you were..... ohhhhhhh I now get it.

They made her an avenger just before the avx event so they could bring more conflict and make the x-men look bad. I mean that's the same reason they made wolverine move to the avengers during the conflict if the two most popular heroes in the xmen were on the avengers side then that means the x-men are wrong.

I am at least glad that they recognized storm wont abandon the x-men for the avengers no matter what.
    Not only that, but when the Terrigen mists got bad, it was pretty much Storm and Magik aka Illyana doing all the real work of keeping mutants alive. They moved the school to Limbo. Storm lead the mutants into war with the Inhumans, which lead to Medusa agreeing the terrigen cloud should be destroyed.

So yeah, she won't abandon the X-Men for the Avengers no matter what.

Now look I love calisto to death... but please I would rather she call ororo sister than goddess. It just feels soo off when she says it.
    Also they should stop throwing it around if they aren't going to develop it. Everyone knows that storm was worshiped once as a god. If they aren't going to develop the actual divinity she inherited from her ancestors, then they should stop using goddess cause it only cheapen the name and title further.

RCO017_1610556206.jpg

RCO013_1580904881.jpgRCO013_1580904881.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    Not only that, but when the Terrigen mists got bad, it was pretty much Storm and Magik aka Illyana doing all the real work of keeping mutants alive. They moved the school to Limbo. Storm lead the mutants into war with the Inhumans, which lead to Medusa agreeing the terrigen cloud should be destroyed.

So yeah, she won't abandon the X-Men for the Avengers no matter what.
    Yep... that whole thing was very weird. I love that storm is one of only three to ever be in all big three teams at once. Others being wolverine and spiderman. But how they did it was an insult to her as a chatachter. She deserved better that entire era.

BANNED

Now look I love calisto to death... but please I would rather she call ororo sister than goddess. It just feels soo off when she says it.
    Also they should stop throwing it around if they aren't going to develop it. Everyone knows that storm was worshiped once as a god. If they aren't going to develop the actual divinity she inherited from her ancestors, then they should stop using goddess cause it only cheapen the name and title further.

RCO017_1610556206.jpg

RCO013_1580904881.jpgRCO013_1580904881.jpg
    I think she is the Regent of Sol precisely because they do have long term plans with her divinity. After Tarn turned off her mutant powers, when she stabbed him in the heart Tarn was afraid Storm still might find a way to win. He said she was truly of Amenth and Arrako.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    LMAO i totally forgot about Immortal Xmen. lol.
    Yeah that is coming... please I would like you guys to share what you find and read in the first five issues and tell us especially me what happens. If all storm does is look pretty and talk about philosophies that make mo sense, then I guess my worries would be founded.

But that book is not on my wallet's plan. Lol.

maybe he needed to see how Ewing did it to give us something good that we saw in xmen 9??

well its good storm wasn't the only one who received this treatment lol thanks
    What that issue and planet size demonstrated was that Duggan is best when he is doing chatachter work. He is a claremothian writer with the hickman flare for grandiose power flexes. But he tries to write in the more conventional styles which seem not to work for him.

He is a very talented writer when he is allowed to do things on very very big scopes but little things just dont work for him. Hence why many complain that his krakoan era runs have been mid sooo far.