Page 129 of 833 FirstFirst ... 2979119125126127128129130131132133139179229629 ... LastLast
Results 1,921 to 1,935 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    So how would y'all differentiate transcendent Storm from regular? I'd personally build on the planetary connection aspect, giving her cosmic awareness in any environment.

I'd make energy attacks practically useless against her and give her the ability to absorb cosmic amounts of energy. I don't want to see her jobbing like Thor, Silver Surfer, CM etc. even though she would now be able to casually fly into the heart of stars and the debts of space.

I wouldn't give her super strength as that would encourage jobbing, and who needs it when you can control solar winds, magnetic fields and pressure? Her striking power however would be one with her energy projection.

Most obviously she would be able to create atmosphere from nothing like Thor only it would be sustainable... and things like below zero temperatures would be child's play. Manipulating electrons directly would also be common and even transmutation.
    I like what you areproposibg she imas a baseline bmmuatnt should be able to absorb collosal amounts of energy as she uses the energy to create weather. Sge should be able to manipulate and create weather patterns that naturally exist and should be able to manipulate weather on a fundamental level.

Now as hadari yao... I dont know, resistance to magic will be one and flatput immunity to telepathy and psionic abilities will be another seeing as she is already highly resistant to them at her base form. Also reality warping should have a hard time working in her. Afterall her patron goddess is literally the goddess of truth and she hadari yao is the goddess of the natural order anything that perverts it she should be able to negate. Also with physical states its variable aka incalculable. It can change based on her whims and wants she is a god afterall.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    baseline storm would just have hr regular mutant powers
    goddess storm would have ability to be invulnerable to natural based attacks, including telepathy and reality warping. she also would not tire, have enhanced durability, and then of course have divine powers.
    Kyss where do you think should be the boundary of baseline storms power. As in her regular mutant powers in your opinion where should they end?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Kyss where do you think should be the boundary of baseline storms power. As in her regular mutant powers in your opinion where should they end?
    the baseline should be anything based in the natural world. therefore, she would still be able to all the fun stuff we see her do such as the galatic core, cosmic storm storm. however, her goddess mode would just take her to billing able to manipulate areas beyond the natural and into the spiritual/divine realm.

how about you?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm was in full control of her abilities early on in her career. So totally agree Storm as an IML Goddesss should be able to do things akin to the characters you mentiokned:

She can summon a hurricane over a city centre and not one window gets broken or debris is flung into the crowd. That's insane level of control. Goes to show how it doenst make sense that she hasn't done even more insane things like the constructs and such.

Also did ewing just retcon her abilities subtly? As in she is only struggling to control something because she is holding back.

the baseline should be anything based in the natural world. therefore, she would still be able to all the fun stuff we see her do such as the galatic core, cosmic storm storm. however, her goddess mode would just take her to billing able to manipulate areas beyond the natural and into the spiritual/divine realm.

how about you?
    Yeah I see that too... but what about when storm was able to use her powers in the astral realm aka spirit world to wash Jean's face or in hell to rescue tachala wont that also count as manipulating beyond what's natural?

She can summon a hurricane over a city centre and not one window gets broken or debris is flung into the crowd. That's insane level of control. Goes to show how it doenst make sense that she hasn't done even more insane things like the constructs and such.

Also did ewing just retcon her abilities subtly? As in she is only struggling to control something because she is holding back.
    exactly. most of the mutants especially from the 05 era had to train to strengthen their abilities. storm was not the same in that regard. I think this is whyvcyclios was so taken aback.

I dont see this as a retcon. keep in mind the first group was able to take out the imperial guard a matter of minutes. what storm was doing there was focusing g an immensly large amount of energy on a specific target while attempting not to hurt anyone else. the control was still there but if she could have done this indiscriminately she wouldn't have had a problem.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

exactly. most of the mutants especially from the 05 era had to train to strengthen their abilities. storm was not the same in that regard. I think this is whyvcyclios was so taken aback.

I dont see this as a retcon. keep in mind the first group was able to take out the imperial guard a matter of minutes. what storm was doing there was focusing g an immensly large amount of energy on a specific target while attempting not to hurt anyone else. the control was still there but if she could have done this indiscriminately she wouldn't have had a problem.
    Yeah I just love that detail... ewing didn't need to put that there but he dud just to ensure that people got the message, and the message is storm is op as fuck.

Yeah I see that too... but what about when storm was able to use her powers in the astral realm aka spirit world to wash Jean's face or in hell to rescue tachala wont that also count as manipulating beyond what's natural?

hmmmm thats actually a good question. it seems like the astral plane has elements of both the natural and supernatural. but im little unsure there. I thought when storm fought death to save tchalla she had to travel to limbo? was that the astral plane as well?

Yeah I just love that detail... ewing didn't need to put that there but he dud just to ensure that people got the message, and the message is storm is op as fuck.
    and exactly. I think the nose bleeding part threw a lot of people off as if she couldn't do it or it was hard for her. the fact is it was hard but it was only hard because she was trying so hard to not hurt anyone outside of the legion of 6 or whatever their name is. I can't remember their name.

hmmmm thats actually a good question. it seems like the astral plane has elements of both the natural and supernatural. but im little unsure there. I thought when storm fought death to save tchalla she had to travel to limbo? was that the astral plane as well?
    I dont know but I always saw it as tgt her abilities adapt to whatever environment she is in no matter its properties. So whether it be spiritual, natural, artificial or whatever storm can control the "elemental forces there" I see that she rather has issues with controlling the elements when said elements are from another dimension disrupting the natural order and flow of the dimension she is in. That is when a higher form.of power must be accessed by her seeing as her mutant abilities can only connect to elements native to the dimension she is currently in. Hence why she needed the power of hadari yao to dispel the storm caused by Sefakko in black panther. Any element be it magic or artificial or divine so far as it exists in the dimension she currently occupies currently she can control it. At least that how I see it.

and exactly. I think the nose bleeding part threw a lot of people off as if she couldn't do it or it was hard for her. the fact is it was hard but it was only hard because she was trying so hard to not hurt anyone outside of the legion of 6 or whatever their name is. I can't remember their name.
    I will always say this getting a nose bleed from holding back is such a badass move. I cant even begining to fathom it. He took a trope and turned it on its head. I am just sooo impressed.
    Last edited by Reigna; 03-18-2022 at 11:35 AM.

So I went over my thoughts with all of them and Al Ewing loved it all immediately. His book, X-Men Red involves a major asset the X-Men have -- Arakko/Mars, home to like a million warrior mutants. In fact, one of my major sort of through acts involves the stuff Al is setting up with Magneto over in X-Men Red. It's killer. All those ideas came from Al.
    from the judgement day interview looks like there is going to be a tie in and its going to be magneto focused.

Glad that our girl is not involved though so uhuh uhuh uhuh thank you Jesus.

I dont know but I always saw it as tgt her abilities adapt to whatever environment she is in no matter its properties. So whether it be spiritual, natural, artificial or whatever storm can control the "elemental forces there" I see that she rather has issues with controlling the elements when said elements are from another dimension disrupting the natural order and flow of the dimension she is in. That is when a higher form.of power must be accessed by her seeing as her mutant abilities can only connect to elements native to the dimension she is currently in. Hence why she needed the power of hadari yao to dispel the storm caused by Sefakko in black panther. Any element be it magic or artificial or divine so far as it exists in the dimension she currently occupies currently she can control it. At least that how I see it.
    Ok my original response to this was deleted by browser :/

Ultimately, even though her goddess form and mutant abilities are viewed as separately, I do think her mind, body and soul working in perfect unison is essential for all her abilities (magical, divine, mutant, etc.) to perform at its most optimal.

It wasn't until she mentally fully accepted that she was hadari yao that she was finally able to defeat adversary:

Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-18-2022 at 11:49 AM.

Lightbulb

from the judgement day interview looks like there is going to be a tie in and its going to be magneto focused.

Glad that our girl is not involved though so uhuh uhuh uhuh thank you Jesus.

yes let it focus on him and keep ororo far away from it. I really wouldn't mind seeing the eternals interact with ororo but from the perspective of her godhead. their dealings resulted in mutants being created but what would they think about mutants who have gone beyond that and become literal gods?

I will always say this getting a nose bleed from holding back is such a badass move. I cant even begining to fathom it. He took a trope and turned it on its head. I am just sooo impressed.
    it was very bad ass. I personally thought it was a great showing.

yes let it focus on him and keep ororo far away from it. I really wouldn't mind seeing the eternals interact with ororo but from the perspective of her godhead. their dealings resulted in mutants being created but what would they think about mutants who have gone beyond that and become literal gods?

it was very bad ass. I personally thought it was a great showing.
    Yeah preferably ewing handles that and not kieron. That is a very interesting conversation waiting to happen.
    Last edited by Reigna; 03-18-2022 at 12:15 PM.