Page 13 of 833 FirstFirst ... 3910111213141516172363113513 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Covers can be misleading, she may not even fight Vulcan though it'd be a pretty light show for both but taking down another summers brother would actually just be STORM culture at this point lol.

I hope he joins her though.

I also hope more Arakki mutants participate, they have brand and feilong acting a fool in THEIR space. Its time for them to show out.

Yeah I definitely think they aren't fighting in that issue covers sometimes have absolutely nothing to do with the story inside.
    Arakko participation is a must. They are the biggest attraction to me for the book along with storm.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Storm having a child is a step she certainly must take, she needs to establish her lineage, her family, it would be a big evolution to see her as a Mother (but please no generic stories to find a reason for the baby to grow faster as coming from a future, etc.) But seeing the direction she's heading, I think it's too soon for her to have a baby early in her ascension, and we're not sure what the writers would do with her after that (having a history of being more able to contain her power of what I will actually explore, I can take some deduction that wouldn't be so good), I don't know why, but considering that Storm was acting as Krakoa's Mother who initiated the ceremonies, her baby could be seen as something holy, Messiah?
    I've never liked how she's been pigeonholed into being the mother figure for everyone, particularly since a large part of the relaunch that has all that she's done. And after how badly they've mangled her relationship with BP lately I don't want her to have his child; it would feel like some kind of political scheme. Comic book writers, particularly male ones, have a terrible track record dealing with kids and babies. But I definitely agree that we don't need another Cable (looking at you, stupid Rob Liefeld dude). If she has a kid, let them be a baby!

Oooh, interesting idea. Have a kid, but they AREN'T a mutant. Maybe have 'divine' powers, but no X gene.

I was cautiously interested in X-men Red until I saw that preview pic with Magneto. I've been burned so many times you guys. I want a Storm story with DEPTH and CHARACTERIZATION. Not more 'cool but shallow YAS QUEEN' moments while the real power players do all the narrative lifting. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Oooooohhhh I have this idea of storm expanding the very conceptual idea of her abilities to not just see the atmosphere as her limit but a rather expand into the celestial firmament the heavens if you will. That's why I want her to be sent to a place with no atmosphere so she would kinda be forced to realize that. Because from the power of light comic it seems storm herself doesn't really seem to know what she is truly capable of. Something that both shocked yet didn't surprise me seeing how she has used her powers in the modern era.
    I would really love to, it's time to recognize her as one of the most powerful heroines in the Marvel Universe, she has enough power to face beings like Thor, Wanda, Captain Marvel, Galactus, Celestials... but for that, she needs more talents above the planetarium!

I also remember in Coates that they had to explain to her about the deity. As some user here said something that really makes sense (sorry, I suck at remembering names), Storm holds back a lot for many reasons, but it's breaking down those barriers little by little!

Past comics have said that she can percieve And manipulate the universe as patterns of force and energy. These primal forces are a multicolored panorama which she can shape and control it says stars, solid planets and even empty space are all subject to this. The same way dust is realizing her power isn't necessarily sand mimicry and manipulation but something far more deeper the same way storm too can literally start thinking outside the box. She is literally an omega all she needs to do is push herself and it would happen.
    With this single quote, she can do a lot of absurd things, I'm even frustrated that they don't fully explore!

But hey we don't want that, it would make her too op, I mean even some of her own fans thought a handheld sun was too much power. Looks like she would get into a knife fight rather lol.

It would be dope though if this was the case but unfourtunately I am tempering my expectations, I expect really flashy storms and lightning and stuff nothing supper creative but still potent. Ala using air pressure to crush an army though impressive is a very like duh move creatively.
    I understand where this comes from, as I also think the more great feats she gets, the more nerfs she can get (because it's at a core that most characters are planetary) she needs to earn her own soil!!

As I've also noticed that haters are scared by the absurd things she's doing, mainly because they stereotype the weather powers, like just rain, lightning, wind, blizzards, but because most writers portray exactly that in her, but she's a GODDESS, it has to be bigger than that, where most characters are capable of destroying a solar system, universes .. And most are white characters ..

Quote Originally Posted by Idiopop View Post
    Since Storm is an omega level mutant and a goddesses if they really want to prove that she has no limits this should be her power. OMNI WEATHER MANIPULATION. https://powerlisting.fandom.com/wiki...r_Manipulation

User can create, shape and manipulate all forms of weather including artificial, natural, supernatural, divine, demonic, esoteric, cosmic, empathic, metaphysical, conceptual, etc., having no limits on the amount or type of weather they can control/manipulate.

Like I Imagine her being able to create gigantic raindrops that have enough water to fill the ocean, or lightning blasts that can destroy whole planets. Massive Star creation in the vacuum of space. There’s really no limit to the possibilities. Just need a writer willing to get more creative and it seems like last year and this year they’ve really started to focus on that so I’m really excited to see what this year has to offer.
    I love that!

Quote Originally Posted by pkingdom View Post
    I've never liked how she's been pigeonholed into being the mother figure for everyone, particularly since a large part of the relaunch that has all that she's done. And after how badly they've mangled her relationship with BP lately I don't want her to have his child; it would feel like some kind of political scheme. Comic book writers, particularly male ones, have a terrible track record dealing with kids and babies. But I definitely agree that we don't need another Cable (looking at you, stupid Rob Liefeld dude). If she has a kid, let them be a baby!

Oooh, interesting idea. Have a kid, but they AREN'T a mutant. Maybe have 'divine' powers, but no X gene.

I was cautiously interested in X-men Red until I saw that preview pic with Magneto. I've been burned so many times you guys. I want a Storm story with DEPTH and CHARACTERIZATION. Not more 'cool but shallow YAS QUEEN' moments while the real power players do all the narrative lifting. I hope I'm wrong, I really do.
    Oh, I just saw it, sorry. I partially agree with your opinion, Storm is one of the Marvel characters that barely has an explored family nucleus, and because of the importance she carries, it would be very interesting for her to have a child, I'm not against this, but taking into account that the writers tends to find it easier to diminish her powers, this could be one of the reasons they would give, something I don't agree with, it's a fear of mine, but as I said it's a step she has to take, and that it be with BP (Just as the writers insist on destroying that relationship, I've even talked to friends who think Tchalla is a toxic man, on the level of Hank with Janet, because of the **** the writers did to their relationship, I find it very offensive coming of writers, they're dumb for not writing this relationship more carefully, they're both important characters)

But now it's too early, in my view Storm still needs to consolidate, and it has to be something natural, nothing forced, no children of the future.

Year now start and we're already out the gates with a BANG! I LOVE US
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Year now start and we're already out the gates with a BANG! I LOVE US
    X-Men red is the single most liked piece of xpromo since the inception of Hickman's xmen era. This is really good it means people have been waiting for this.

Storm ever generated a magnetic vortex?

Magneto was able to hit absolute zero, sucking in all the air around the sentinel (Uncanny X-men #202)

Personally I don't know why they didn't just drop Vulcan off at the orchids station and be done with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Storm ever generated a magnetic vortex?

Magneto was able to hit absolute zero, sucking in all the air around the sentinel (Uncanny X-men #202)

In issue #11 of her Solo series yes but she flung cyborgs into space in that instance
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Ewing, do the damn thing!

Indeed! I am ready!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post

https://www.marvel.com/articles/comi...nkId=147090420

I'm just sorry I can't talk more about it but I'm more than sure readers will be happy and hooked from the starting point! Let me just say this: keep an eye on Storm...oh guys...Storm....

thoughts??

all I can say is gurl what a little pocket knife gone do against vulvan?? lol
    This looks and sounds amazing. This has me STOKED for this book to get here. Ugh why April....soooo long ;__;...I want to know what triggers Storm's change in appearance? How does that translate to her personality? What does that mean for her perception of her role as Regent if she believes more is needed to defend the sacred land of Arakko and the people? If not a team of heroes, which I agree is not really the answer either (Arakko is a battle hardened warrior culture), does she have a vision for a new defensive force (like a new version of the XSE) that will be the protectors of Arakko and the Sol System? So many more questions due to the potential. Some good eatin' luv!

Anyway Storm vs Vulcan would be interesting and a smart move on Brand's end if she could indeed manipulate him into siding with her (revenge on the Shiar would be a perfect motivator). Storm vs Vulcan would definitely require some cunning on Ororo's end, though covers don't always indicate what will happen in the book. And I would love to see Storm using her tactical and strategic thinking with respect to Brand's attempt to take down Krakoa vs engaging in her behindd the scenes manipulations. But Storm may not see that early on. If they did fight I'd love to see Storm do one of the following:

- CHEAT - Why risk a potentially devastating battle when she could have Tarn erase Gabriel's x-gene and then Storm's gives him an epic beatdown (horrible but I embrace my evil and I love Tarn's snark) - this wouldn't happen though

- CUNNING & TACTICS - Not easy to manipulate energy if your lungs are frozen, eardrum's are bursting or the blood isn't flowing to your brain ala pressure manipulation. Storm countering his ability to manipulate the electricity in her brain would be interesting. She has tactics he can't counter and are highly debilitating if not flat out knocking him out. And he's shown to survive that kind of punishment do she could do it without causing is death

- OMEGA vs OMEGA - Not sure how this would go. It would be interesting to see this being where Storm demonstrates some strong defensive shields for a full on fight with another powerful energy manipulator, and while she also control's physical forces would they be enough to allow her to contend. The absolute zero cold would be awesome though, but she may have other ways too. She commands more than energy, but he also can creative defensive shields so...where is the edge for either? Win or lose this fight has me intrigued.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Indeed! I am ready!

This looks and sounds amazing. This has me STOKED for this book to get here. Ugh why April....soooo long ;__;...I want to know what triggers Storm's change in appearance? How does that translate to her personality? What does that mean for her perception of her role as Regent if she believes more is needed to defend the sacred land of Arakko and the people? If not a team of heroes, which I agree is not really the answer either (Arakko is a battle hardened warrior culture), does she have a vision for a new defensive force (like a new version of the XSE) that will be the protectors of Arakko and the Sol System? So many more questions due to the potential. Some good eatin' luv!

Anyway Storm vs Vulcan would be interesting and a smart move on Brand's end if she could indeed manipulate him into siding with her (revenge on the Shiar would be a perfect motivator). Storm vs Vulcan would definitely require some cunning on Ororo's end, though covers don't always indicate what will happen in the book. And I would love to see Storm using her tactical and strategic thinking with respect to Brand's attempt to take down Krakoa vs engaging in her behindd the scenes manipulations. But Storm may not see that early on. If they did fight I'd love to see Storm do one of the following:

- CHEAT - Why risk a potentially devastating battle when she could have Tarn erase Gabriel's x-gene and then Storm's gives him an epic beatdown (horrible but I embrace my evil and I love Tarn's snark) - this wouldn't happen though

- CUNNING & TACTICS - Not easy to manipulate energy if your lungs are frozen, eardrum's are bursting or the blood isn't flowing to your brain ala pressure manipulation. Storm countering his ability to manipulate the electricity in her brain would be interesting. She has tactics he can't counter and are highly debilitating if not flat out knocking him out. And he's shown to survive that kind of punishment do she could do it without causing is death

- OMEGA vs OMEGA - Not sure how this would go. It would be interesting to see this being where Storm demonstrates some strong defensive shields for a full on fight with another powerful energy manipulator, and while she also control's physical forces would they be enough to allow her to contend. The absolute zero cold would be awesome though, but she may have other ways too. She commands more than energy, but he also can creative defensive shields so...where is the edge for either? Win or lose this fight has me intrigued.
    I love the different possibilities here, Wind!

See in another situation I could easily see Storm using Tharn to shut Vulcan down quick and cleanly. I mean even on his worst day Vulcan is not a threat to be taken lightly. But as you said it's pretty much nil that this would come to pass. The most obvious reason is that it would basically burn any reputation Storm has built up among the Arakki thus far. Then again is it not the mark of a good leader to use all the resources/weapons at their disposal?

So much potential here!

This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I'm pretty sure Storm will be fighting Fei Long

Last edited by juan678; 01-08-2022 at 01:32 PM.