Page 134 of 833 FirstFirst ... 3484124130131132133134135136137138144184234634 ... LastLast
Results 1,996 to 2,010 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Could you imagine the art/animation and absolute majesty to see her using her powers with one of disney priemere animation teams. I'm talking studio ghibli when it was tops sort of passion team, Beauty and the Beast. Whoo i think i just gave myself a hot flash imagining the scenes. Has any animation really tackled the journey of a girl who controls the weather in the way storm does, it coming to protect her on it's own, her communion with it, the way she sees it. I mean talk about animation possibility, all i see is pretty images and flashes thinking about it. lol
    What makes it even more perfect is that there is already disney lore that establishes the people of Atlantis to be dark skinned white hair and blue eyed people whose royal women were conduits of the heart of Atlantis the embodiment of power and life itself. It has power over nature and can terraform entire areas.

Like it is soooo perfect for ororo these are her people.... literally!

Attachment 119419

The princess bonding with the heart of Atlantis and wielding divine power like her mother before her.

Attachment 119420

This is her.

And this is her in early development the braids and dress style looks african inspired.

Attachment 119421

I cant share the video for some reason but yall go type heart of Atlantis and watch the third video on youtube you will get it...the music is even african inspired! Like what more should I say.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I cant share the video for some reason but yall go type heart of Atlantis and watch the third video on youtube you will get it...the music is even african inspired! Like what more should I say.
    None of the attachments in the previous post work on my phone but will def YouTube it when I get to a PC.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

She will cameo here and there but I believe mags will be like a liaison on her behalf for this event. I actually see it as a blessing. Some might disagree which ofcourse they too are right. But I believe the writer has interest in who he has interest in and that is magneto. And when you are interested in a chatachter and its inner workings you tend to write then well.
    Acvording to the synopsis, Storm is meeting with the galactic illuminati. That's for a reason. The reason is probably the Eternals.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    1. I'm not sure what u mean here. whose godlike powers grants them immortality?

2. so that's one we agree upon.

3/4. I will ask that you recall what adversary told the xmen years ago:

im not sure about the instances involving thor and ares but adversary explains why the xmen couldn't beat him. it was because he couldn't be harmed by natural means.

his immune system was compromised in the above by magical means. there is a clear difference between God's and mortals who possess godlike powers. if there wasn't every super-powered being would simply be gods. that isn't the case.
    Ok so let me see if I can explain this better.
    Gods are not the only beings that possess Immortality. What is Immortality, it is the Ability to live a Long Life. Gods are not the only beings that are allowed to have this. Certain Humans and Mutants and other beings can as well. I gave you a list of people with Godlike power. But speaking on Immortality alone here are just a small few that have this:
    Blue Marvel
    Spectrum
    Silver Surfer and the Rest of the Herald’s.
    Molecule Man
    Conner Sims(Anti-Man)
    Hulk
    Hyperion
    Carol Danvers(Binary Form)
    Elixir
    The Sentry
    Franklin Richards
    Selene
    Apocalypse
    The Eternals
    The Externals…..I mean the list goes on.

Thor, Ares, Zeus, Odin, Loki, Volstagg, Bast, Khonshu….all Gods who have been harmed by Natural Means. The Adversary is a Demon he is not a God. The Adversary is just like Mephisto, Nightmare, Belasco, Dormmamu etc. You can’t use the Adversary to claim that Gods can’t be harmed he doesn’t fall under that category and there’s already proof of Thor and Ares being harmed by natural means. Thor literally got shot in the face and passed out only to get up few min later.

People with God like power do not need to be labeled as Gods because they are as equal if not more powerful than Gods. However, you can still call them Gods because with the power they have essentially do whatever they want to do. So, yes they very much are the same only difference nobody prays to them.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Oh I wanted to ask infact i asked a few pages back... which charachter will become a god/godlike being after this judgement day event. My money is on cap and Tony... who else has a movie coming out in a year? I guess that person tooo.

Anyways whomever it may be, likely will be a straight malle white chatachter. Carol is already a god as per captain marvel #36 she is part pheonix apparently.

Attachment 119399
    well you know Tony apparently became iron god do to being given cosmic power so that one is already done. wouldn't be surprised if magneto or one of the other white male characters get a godlike boost out of this event

Did it though? Because it feels like outside her fandom many dont know storm is an actual goddess. Even those in the fandom dont know she is a goddess. They keep saying she was worshipped as one. Many domt take what happens to x charachters in other books seriously, impact they downright ignore it.

I really doubt that storm's true ancestry and history will be delved into by the xoffice... they dont care for her as much as that. I mean we can get a summer's family tree and all but we barely get who storm's grand mother was? Sure.

Maybe ewing has plans for that but I too doubt it. He is really not a mystical person he is strongest when it comes to science and stuff so he may set up something but not go deep into it. But that's a big MAY.

oh I agree. a lot don't know and even if they do they will say she is not a real one. I will never forget the conversation I had with a guy on twitter about storm versus wonder woman. he said ww was a real goddess but storm wasn't. I told him she was per bp 172 and then he said well she isn't relatable then. people accept it when it comes to Diana, or thor, or others but they can't when it comes to storm.

and I agree unfortunately I dont see the xoffices doing it either. they haven't dont one thing with her goddess stuff other than have characters call her one.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Jalysia View Post
    Acvording to the synopsis, Storm is meeting with the galactic illuminati. That's for a reason. The reason is probably the Eternals.
    Yeah I think you are right. Ewing is doing everything very close knit to the xline. Red is supposed to be a book that will be a game changer like immortal xmen. And since the boyh if them are friends ewing and gillen they definately shared ideas.... gillen said ewing was excited for judgement day.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

You are right it's kinda here or there who is a god. Thor and the asgardians told genis marvel he wasnt a God to which he was shocked saying he was just as powerful as they so why not. They told him that does he have people pray to him and temples in his name? No? Then you arent a god.

I think the difference us that gods have the god head or the divine nature which allows them to become sacred symbols for a people/culture and can draw upon that belief and faith to gain power.

But again that is all convoluted and very confusing especially when you realize that every single white chatachter especially make charachter has the potential to become a god/godlike being after or during or before any event. You tend not to care about what happens to the moniker any more.
    Exactly.

Just because you don’t have people praying to you doesn’t mean your not a God or more powerful than one. . Nobody Prays to Franklin Richards yet this boy can change the Entire Universe if he so chooses too.

That is also correct. Dr. Strange a year ago became the God of Magic, but he’s a Human though. Nobody prayed to him, yet he became the God of Magic anyway. I agree. Being called a God or Goddesses isn’t all that amazing when really anyone can become one OR your power is so Great your more than just a God lol.

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Could you imagine the art/animation and absolute majesty to see her using her powers with one of disney priemere animation teams. I'm talking studio ghibli when it was tops sort of passion team, Beauty and the Beast. Whoo i think i just gave myself a hot flash imagining the scenes. Has any animation really tackled the journey of a girl who controls the weather in the way storm does, it coming to protect her on it's own, her communion with it, the way she sees it. I mean talk about animation possibility, all i see is pretty images and flashes thinking about it. lol
    Not to dampen your enthusiam but keep in mind the various aspects of how such works of animation come to be (both in the east and west), that creators often don't see what fans see, that such animated works usualy follow different narrative structures than endlessly designed super hero comics and the Mouse Overlord holding their twitchy fans over any rights to the characters.

For example, the biggest display of powers would be reserved to the climax of the story, after which she would either end up losing her powers, lose the aspect which allowed her to extend the powers to such impressive degree or she dies/ascends to a higher place of existence. All so the story can retain that one display as the most impressive.

Because these stories are usualy designed to be wrapped up. Which also means leaving characters in a state where they won't simply be able to repeat such feats on a daily basis, because that would meaning leaving them open for diminishing returns.

Simple put. You could only make a single hero journey like that with Storm and they would need to end on a point where they will be implied not to be repeated again. Unlike the comics where she keeps repeating the same "high point" movie/series moments over and over, or goes in increasingly higher tiered versions.

However if you are willing to accept a Storm movie/animated series which has a hero journey which will start with Storm weak, unexperienced and defeatable by enemies you might feel would be laughable to the comic version and which will lead to one of the end points i mentioned above or one similar to them, then i think that's definetly still possible.

But there is also the issue that many creators might feel they will have an easier time creating an original character for their work with a similar theme, than to use a pre-existing overloaded one from a drawn out super hero universe.

On that note. I think Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Khora, would in terms of elemental manipulation, be the closest in western animation to how Storm's powers would look in a dedicated animated TV/streaming series.

PS:
    Thinking about adaptions of Storm stories.
    I recently noticed that it's weirdly difficult to ever do the Storm vs. Callisto confrontation faithfully on TV/streaming or movies.

It's too low key for movies and requires too much build up (introducing the Morlocks, Callisto herself, the stakes which lead to the confrontation, the outcome) to be done correctly, but also too brutal for kids animated cartoons.

Trying to cram it into a movie would likely just repeat the mistake of X-men: The Last Stand where Callisto is randomly (though that was Callisto in name only) introduced and then randomly fights Storm and trying to do it in animation would likely result to it being fought with out of nowhere lightsabers again.

And even if one would try to put it in a streaming series, it would require Storm to still be pretty low powered and unproven as melee fighter. However after several movies (including those which would need to introduce her) she would likely allready be pretty established. Hence taking the suprise out of the story.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I do too. This scene will forever remain in my memory. They do have one of the more "pure" friendships and in fact I don't think I've ever seen them be at odds with each other.
    I drew this recently, everyone needs a beloved friend.
    03CD8D75-CDCE-4A28-890A-2E04F7EAD24B.jpg

Still feel like it was a missed opportunity for Kurt and Storm to never explore the whole mutant religion thing together considering she's the only divine being that we know of that is a mutant.
    selene and siyrn are also goddesses.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

well you know Tony apparently became iron god do to being given cosmic power so that one is already done. wouldn't be surprised if magneto or one of the other white male characters get a godlike boost out of this event

oh I agree. a lot don't know and even if they do they will say she is not a real one. I will never forget the conversation I had with a guy on twitter about storm versus wonder woman. he said ww was a real goddess but storm wasn't. I told him she was per bp 172 and then he said well she isn't relatable then. people accept it when it comes to Diana, or thor, or others but they can't when it comes to storm.

and I agree unfortunately I dont see the xoffices doing it either. they haven't dont one thing with her goddess stuff other than have characters call her one.
    Exactly... there is idea implicit with fans on who should or shouldnt be powerful. I will always go back to what mcduffie said when he recieved death threats for making storm stun the silver surfer, he simply stated that had captain america, ironman or even black panther gotten the better of silver surfer, the fandom would cheer them up for their ingenuity and their resourcefulness and strength but when storm does it all of a sudden it is PIS and he is getting death threats and getting doxxed.

I realized he was right especially when I go back and read the comic vine boards... those disturbed individuals were just sooo vile to stork and her fans it was sickening.

That's why I know whatever ewing is about to do with her will have all of those creatures salty as sea foam and I will use that salt to season my feast come april.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I drew this recently, everyone needs a beloved friend.
    03CD8D75-CDCE-4A28-890A-2E04F7EAD24B.jpg
    Why do I feel serene looking at this. Thanks for this gorgeous work of art.

Still feel like it was a missed opportunity for Kurt and Storm to never explore the whole mutant religion thing together considering she's the only divine being that we know of that is a mutant.
    we could possibly get some of this in legion of x...

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    Yes. ether corresponds to the fifth element and the fifth force of nature known as quintessence, the spiritual plane.

thank you.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I just miss the friendships between characters. All the characters. But, yes, agreed, I would have lived a page of Kurt discussing theology with Ororo and other interested parties.

I miss seeing the friendship between mutants too. this is why it was nice to see them embrace and flirt like they used to do during the early days of uncanny.

I am going to say something and yall should consider this... but I dont believe the xoffice actually wants or will acknowledge her literal divinity.

I feel like they making her omega status official was a way to soft retcon what coates had done. It's crazy but It is not something beneath them. I feel like hadari yao is likely never going to see the light of day in an x comic. And the bp office too is going to run with their own established cannon.

I could be proven wrong in a few months or even next month but I really believe if ewing doesn't do that.... no one else will.

Like they say"she is a goddess in name only".

I know things seem bleak but let's not forget that Ewing has acknowledged what coates did in black panther:

what we are missing now is the piece where the hadari yao is explored. I have some belief in Ewing that he will explore this to some degree. it may be why we see her turn partially elemental.

we could possibly get some of this in legion of x...

thank you.

I miss seeing the friendship between mutants too. this is why it was nice to see them embrace and flirt like they used to do during the early days of uncanny.

I know things seem bleak but let's not forget that Ewing has acknowledged what coates did in black panther:

what we are missing now is the piece where the hadari yao is explored. I have some belief in Ewing that he will explore this to some degree. it may be why we see her turn partially elemental.
    Exactly.... ewing is the moment for that... he just didnt say goddess, he called her by her name ..... HADARI YAO!

We were talking about the fact that marvel and disney could do an animated movie about ororo and her origins making her an official disney princess. This will enable her to branch out and have her own franchise.... we were first tinkering with the idea but then as I recollected disney already has a perfect link to ororo the atlanteans from atlantis the lost empire movie.