Page 135 of 833 FirstFirst ... 3585125131132133134135136137138139145185235635 ... LastLast
Results 2,011 to 2,025 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

I mean it wouldn't have to be a mega retcon. Technically you can say that it's already been proven that it's just belief in general that empowers her and it was simply due to her relationship to Wakanda that she was "pushed" into their pantheon. A modest fix with minimal fallout for all parties involved.

Added with what we saw with that team up with Thor, I believe the argument is already there that she doesn't just "feed" off of Wakandan belief. I would love to see it be tied back to her actual roots though. Bloodline that reaches back to the dawn of time, a hidden kingdom that pre-dates Wakanda and hell even Atlantis(?), not to mention who if any other "Hadari Yao's" have existed in her bloodline.
    thank you for saying this last part. just because she is worshipped as the hadari yao in wakanda doesn't mean she isn't known, as well as worshipped, by another name in Kenya. Ares was the god of war as known by the greeks. However, this same God was worshipped by the Romans under a different name and they referred to him as Mars. Same God, different region, different name. There really isn't anything that needs to be retconned when we keep this in mind.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 03-19-2022 at 01:17 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Asgardian #Storm and #Magik by Felipe Massafera.

https://twitter.com/RPHutch1975/stat...26177593675776

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Why do I feel serene looking at this. Thanks for this gorgeous work of art.
    My two favourites!

Non-sexual love is grossly underrepresented in mainstream comics and media in general. ‘True love’ between heterosexual, usually white, couples is focused on to the exclusion of everything else. Which is part of why the Xmen, with their found family, their complicated, messy friendships and different versions of love is refreshing and important.
    But I feel it’s sadly lacking recently, Hickman went big with ‘The Summer House’ and Scott’s ‘family’. And forgot that it’s not that simple, that Ororo and Kurt are as close to him as Alex and Gabe. That if you have Rachel you have Kitty and now Betsy. If you have Alex, you have Maddy. If you have Logan, you have Kurt and Ororo and Kitty and and and…etc etc. and then, of course, the did precisely nothing with the Summer House, Ravhel moved out toot sweet, Jean and Scott live in New York, Alex and Gabe buggered off. Does Logan live there alone now? What a pointless waste.

Anyway, Ororo is a goddess and I am happy beyond words to see her move into the limelight as Chris/Dave intended.

Exactly.... ewing is the moment for that... he just didnt say goddess, he called her by her name ..... HADARI YAO!

We were talking about the fact that marvel and disney could do an animated movie about ororo and her origins making her an official disney princess. This will enable her to branch out and have her own franchise.... we were first tinkering with the idea but then as I recollected disney already has a perfect link to ororo the atlanteans from atlantis the lost empire movie.
    yes indeed he was and that is why I'm hopeful we will get something more respective to her godhead.

and if storm becomes a Disney princess she will become an even more iconic character. she is technically a princess so it would not be a stretch for marvel to make her one for their Disney princess line lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

This is absolutely stunning. The eyes closed feels off with the rest but thats just a small observation. Stunning.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Not to dampen your enthusiam but keep in mind the various aspects of how such works of animation come to be (both in the east and west), that creators often don't see what fans see, that such animated works usualy follow different narrative structures than endlessly designed super hero comics and the Mouse Overlord holding their twitchy fans over any rights to the characters.

For example, the biggest display of powers would be reserved to the climax of the story, after which she would either end up losing her powers, lose the aspect which allowed her to extend the powers to such impressive degree or she dies/ascends to a higher place of existence. All so the story can retain that one display as the most impressive.

Because these stories are usualy designed to be wrapped up. Which also means leaving characters in a state where they won't simply be able to repeat such feats on a daily basis, because that would meaning leaving them open for diminishing returns.

Simple put. You could only make a single hero journey like that with Storm and they would need to end on a point where they will be implied not to be repeated again. Unlike the comics where she keeps repeating the same "high point" movie/series moments over and over, or goes in increasingly higher tiered versions.

However if you are willing to accept a Storm movie/animated series which has a hero journey which will start with Storm weak, unexperienced and defeatable by enemies you might feel would be laughable to the comic version and which will lead to one of the end points i mentioned above or one similar to them, then i think that's definetly still possible.

But there is also the issue that many creators might feel they will have an easier time creating an original character for their work with a similar theme, than to use a pre-existing overloaded one from a drawn out super hero universe.

On that note. I think Avatar the Last Airbender and Legend of Khora, would in terms of elemental manipulation, be the closest in western animation to how Storm's powers would look in a dedicated animated TV/streaming series.

PS:
    Thinking about adaptions of Storm stories.
    I recently noticed that it's weirdly difficult to ever do the Storm vs. Callisto confrontation faithfully on TV/streaming or movies.

It's too low key for movies and requires too much build up (introducing the Morlocks, Callisto herself, the stakes which lead to the confrontation, the outcome) to be done correctly, but also too brutal for kids animated cartoons.

Trying to cram it into a movie would likely just repeat the mistake of X-men: The Last Stand where Callisto is randomly (though that was Callisto in name only) introduced and then randomly fights Storm and trying to do it in animation would likely result to it being fought with out of nowhere lightsabers again.

And even if one would try to put it in a streaming series, it would require Storm to still be pretty low powered and unproven as melee fighter. However after several movies (including those which would need to introduce her) she would likely allready be pretty established. Hence taking the suprise out of the story.
    That's why i would expect an adaption not a one to one translation. Besides if it was disney princess and about ororo solo i would envision it as an alternate ororo, disney's in which she is not a mutant but rather just a divine being/princess on a joruney. And everyone starts off in life weak, babies can't defend themselves.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That's why i would expect an adaption not a one to one translation. Besides if it was disney princess and about ororo solo i would envision it as an alternate ororo, disney's in which she is not a mutant but rather just a divine being/princess on a joruney. And everyone starts off in life weak, babies can't defend themselves.
    Sounds pretty reasonable and doable.

I guess as "princess" her end state would more likely be physical god or avatar of an entity god, rather than becomming an entity god herself (again that's usualy a bittersweet end for a character).

Physical god meaning a person of great power, who potentialy is able to controll a force of the world, but ultimately still a living and somewhat mortal being. Entity god meaning an immortal manifestation of a worldly/cosmic force, who is removed from the world and locked in their role (often unable to directly assist worldly events).

Take Moana for example.
    Maui is a physical god. Capable of grand super human feats and potential wield super natural forces themself. But ultimately and fittingly for the story he is still a human character in personality, hence also capable of mistakes he has to live up to, making him suited to be a protagonist.

The Ocean and Te Fiti meanwhile are entity gods. They are manifestations of the forces of nature. But while they have personalities and can think, they are also above human "weaknesses" and their involvement in the world is either tied to their role (Te Fiti) or prevents them from directly resolving the problems themself (The Ocean).

For a character to become an entity god, usualy means that their human existence ended, which is basicly akin to dying (that what is born from them is a new being). A good example for that is Princess Yue in Avatar when she becomes the new moon spirit.

Though of course there is room to have some overlap.

As for not being a mutant. I actualy get reminded to that Secret Wars: Master of Kung Fu one-shot a few years back.

While Shang Chi was the main character and the world of the story revolved around kung fu tropes, mutants existed as some kind of "spirit touched" people if i recall right.

So one could very well have Storm be a local counterparts to mutants with all the tropes involved.

The advantage of having "It's fantasy counterpart X-gene mutants" in the story would also be that they could still draw from the stock of X-men characters, complete with powers. Which makes me wonder if it would be better to only pick "lesser" characters as her sidekicks or pick from prominent X-men too?

I think secondary and tertiary characters would be a safer bet. Like Callisto as bandit who eventualy joins force with Ororo after getting defeated. Since it's unlikely many will be annoyed by them playing second fiddle to her.

On the other hand Nightcrawler fans would likely be very welcome of any animated appearance that does him justice, even if just as sidekick to Storm.
    Last edited by Grunty; 03-19-2022 at 02:24 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    How Ironic that iron man must face her in a vs thread... I almost split my sides in laughter. The universe kinda writes it's own comedy at this point.

How Ironic that iron man must face her in a vs thread... I almost split my sides in laughter. The universe kinda writes it's own comedy at this point.
    why do you say its ironic? she's the only xmen character that's facing an avenger character who is winning so far if im not mistaken.

#iconic

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I have argued this fight for a long time.

There is now way Ironman is beating Storm.

why do you say its ironic? she's the only xmen character that's facing an avenger character who is winning so far if im not mistaken.

#iconic
    Cause we were just talking about how even he is made a god before her. Also this shouldnt even be a battle.... most wont consider it if it were magneto vs iron man, why? Because his suit is metal... but they wont translate that same logic to storm vs iron man... storm mind you can manipulate the very climate within the suit to freeze, roast or crush him to death. Suffocate him tooo.

But yes it is iconic that she is the only mutant facing an avenger. Though I dont actually see the avengers if I am being honest, to me they are simply glorified cops.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I have argued this fight for a long time.

There is now way Ironman is beating Storm.
    Exactly! If iron man has 0.1% chance against erik then his chances against storm is even lower than that. I was just saying that the amount of things she can do to destroy him with just a thought is long. Dont know why they thought he can face her... oh wait that bad comic from years ago that had war machine take out storm. (We really have suffered through some trash)

I always wanted to see this storm feat in canon.

Sub we will need that salt to seasoning our steaks cause damn will we be eating good when april comes. Move out random street corner hot dog we are about to dine on fillet mignon served with an excellence reduction.

Mmmmmm mmm mmm finger licking good.
    Lmao I'm ready you hear me!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    I drew this recently, everyone needs a beloved friend.
    Attachment 119422
    That's lovely Su! Thank you for sharing.

selene and siyrn are also goddesses.
    I see. Are they both like Storm? I don't really follow either so I only know from the bits I've gathered over time but wasn't Selene ascension to Godhood cut short after Necrosha? Didn't Siryn was one at all, lol.

we could possibly get some of this in legion of x...

thank you.

I miss seeing the friendship between mutants too. this is why it was nice to see them embrace and flirt like they used to do during the early days of uncanny.

I know things seem bleak but let's not forget that Ewing has acknowledged what coates did in black panther:

what we are missing now is the piece where the hadari yao is explored. I have some belief in Ewing that he will explore this to some degree. it may be why we see her turn partially elemental.
    We'll see! Let Red deal with the political/Sci-Fi drama of it all while Legion of X deals with the more esoteric side of things.

thank you for saying this last part. just because she is worshipped as the hadari yao in wakanda doesn't mean she isn't known, as well as worshipped, by another name in Kenya. Ares was the god of war as known by the greeks. However, this same God was worshipped by the Romans under a different name and they referred to him as Mars. Same God, different region, different name. There really isn't anything that needs to be retconned when we keep this in mind.
    You bring up a really good point and all the more reason for Storm's history to be fleshed out.

There's so much story potential when it comes to Storm it makes my head hurt and heart ache at how absolutely little attention she's gotten. And yet we're on our 700th Wolverine focused event. sigh

Quote Originally Posted by juan678 View Post

One word: FACE

Exactly! If iron man has 0.1% chance against erik then his chances against storm is even lower than that. I was just saying that the amount of things she can do to destroy him with just a thought is long. Dont know why they thought he can face her... oh wait that bad comic from years ago that had war machine take out storm. (We really have suffered through some trash)
    From the parts I've bothered to read when it comes to a Storm vs Iron Man fight, it basically boils down to Storm not being fast enough to counter him before he speed blitzes her or taps her with X energy beam that ends the fight.

Like you said though, there's a multitude of ways she could take him down. Times like this I just wish Storm had more steady defensives feats to her name. I mean you've got Iso doing this:

No one bats an eye. But it goes beyond mortal belief that Storm could replicate the same thing and then some while planting a hurricane inside his stomach.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation