Page 137 of 833 FirstFirst ... 3787127133134135136137138139140141147187237637 ... LastLast
Results 2,041 to 2,055 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    thst scan is how I think many writers see her. too over confident only to find herself on her a$$ at the end of a battle. then then some take it a step further like having her fly right in front of some tanks character to shoot lightning when it wiuld make more sense to do it from far away.
    You are right because the things she has been doing is just out of chatachter.... no wonder some random person will here storm say magneto isn't the most powerful in the room, then start a #stormshouldnehumble campaign.

This have me gillen vibes with the unit. It was like PTSD. Storm in charachter is level headed in battle, is she extremely confident well yes, why? Because she knows her shit. She knows who the fuck she is. But writers dpnt see that and only see a historical woman. It's mostly these white Male writers too.

Quote Originally Posted by Outburstz View Post
    Giving Storm more powers won't give her more interesting story lines if anything it might hurt it
    Yeah because lightning will deal with a shit called the galactic illuminati... or a knive can. Or maybe throwing wind will do that shit... in a society where you enemies can literally create beings that can eat all of existence.

Yeah it will hurt the story very much. *eye roll*

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Sorry to interrupt... Happy day Storm fans, by one of my fave artists Joe Mad.

Wow that's really pretty. Thanks for sharing.

Giving Storm more powers won't give her more interesting story lines if anything it might hurt it
    Do you think we just want storm to have more power and not storm to have more interesting storylines?

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

ru referring to her being a goddess? how might it hurt her? has it Thor, ironbman, hulk, superman, wonder woman?

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    You are right because the things she has been doing is just out of chatachter.... no wonder some random person will here storm say magneto isn't the most powerful in the room, then start a #stormshouldnehumble campaign.

This have me gillen vibes with the unit. It was like PTSD. Storm in charachter is level headed in battle, is she extremely confident well yes, why? Because she knows her shit. She knows who the fuck she is. But writers dpnt see that and only see a historical woman. It's mostly these white Male writers too.

nothing but facts!!!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Thor is like: "Life is not about waiting for the storm to pass. But about learning how to dance in the rain." ;-)

ru referring to her being a goddess? how might it hurt her? has it Thor, ironbman, hulk, superman, wonder woman?

nothing but facts!!!
    I too was confused by that statement like what do they mean? That storm having abilities that are already established by past cannon will hurt the story? Or that a powerful storm is a boring storm.

I will say this which has been said before a competent writer can make an omnipotent charchter work within a story. The issue is a lot of the writers in the xoffice are mid at best.

I mean you have two different writers ewing and that guy that made storm powerless in hell and couldn't see storm do anything his entire run aside wind and lightning. I forget who he is cause his take on her was sooo mediocre.

One is a meh writer who cant utilize his charachters fully in a story without their abilities getting the way, the other realized that theue charachtervis is too op and would rather have her in intellectual and political settings and spaces rather than battles all the time. It's about competence and talent and knowing what to do with the ingredients you have been giving to prepare an interesting dish.

Hence why I say storm kinda exposes how weak some writers are all the time. They are the once that handle the charchter in a very lackluster way and in ways that are kinda insulting to the decades long arc she had been in to find herself.

Let's take coates tooo he made her a goddess that transcends even the adversary... but put caviates on how to unlock this part of herself, kinda like how the avatar state was utilized in the last airbender. One punch man can kill anything with one punch but he is interesting as fuck why? Because the writer is fucking competent at what he does. He knows how the caharchter works and how to bring out the best in him... sooo much so that a parody chatachter is now a mainstay in pop culture and taken seriously.
    Last edited by Reigna; 03-20-2022 at 02:41 AM.

Extraordinary Member Uncanny X-Man's Avatar

https://www.cbr.com/x-mens-storm-had...her-real-name/

Very interesting article... I never knew Len Wein created another Ororo before Storm!

Incredible Member

Echo mastered the phoenix power and still wasn't enough to defeat a weak adversary. So she had to take him back in time through his ancestral line to reduce him back to his essence so he can't reform.

This means the only person to overpower Adversary is Storm.

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    Echo mastered the phoenix power and still wasn't enough to defeat a weak adversary. So she had to take him back in time through his ancestral line to reduce him back to his essence so he can't reform.

This means the only person to overpower Adversary is Storm.
    Can you post scans?

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Do you think we just want storm to have more power and not storm to have more interesting storylines?
    Um, yes lol the same way Jean fans just want her to have a pretty dress on

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Storm isn’t getting “New” Powers. This is just power finally being developed after years and years of it being teased to us.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Ugh, another dumb Storm moment. Now, RO!!! Why in the HELL did you think you can out muscle Thor. C’mon Girl!! use ya Brain your Smarter than and crafty. Ugh, *Face Palm*

Storm and everyone else were being controlled by nannites during Contest of Champions. No one was acting normally.

Quote Originally Posted by From The Shadows View Post
    Sorry to interrupt... Happy day Storm fans, by one of my fave artists Joe Mad.

I am in love with this one. Man my trinity back in the day was joe mad, Humberto Ramos, and Chris bachelo. I'm still waiting. For steampunk and battle chasers to end. I was especially fond of steampunk, I wonder if they are online to buy. This brings back such glorious memories
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/