Page 139 of 833 FirstFirst ... 3989129135136137138139140141142143149189239639 ... LastLast
Results 2,071 to 2,085 of 12488
    Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    (...)I give you Storm vs Thor in a physical fight when she wants to act the fool.
    *gif*
    Reminds me that one of you good folk planned to argue on why they thought i was selling Marrow short, when i argued that the fight between her and Storm was not a great display of fighting prowess on the later part.

My arguement was mainly supposed to be that Marrow was at that point not meant to be very impressive (she was dangerous because she was unhinged and violent, not because she was a great fighter or very powerfull) and it was only after she was brought back and added to the X-men that writers expanded on her skills, physical state and powers. Compared to today, where she is practically a natural super soldier, she was just a scrawny teenager with knives, who didn't even had the implication of skill that Callisto got before her fight with Storm.

The reason this reminds me to it, is because with what was established later, their fight would need to look a lot different if it was done today, in part because of the difference in physical power. Since it was later established that Sarah is strong enough to easily lift something the size and weight of an ox over her shoulder and swing it around and tough enough to withstand a fall from the Brooklyn Bridge with no damage.

So while not Thor or even Spiderman strong, each of her blows and swings should pack a lot of punch, while she should be able to tank a lot of damage. Meanwhile in their original fight Storm was strong enough to disarm her by just grabing her wrist.

Basicly Storm without using her powers vs. modern Marrow should be like an Elden Ring boss fight for her (if the writers remember the feats the later is supposed to have...). Though if Storm uses her powers, the dynamic is basicly reversed. She is practically an end boss level character at this point.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Because how do I defend her on this... she is supposed to be the leader of the xmen, the tactical expert. And you lock magneto in a cage of metal?!! Like NAUR! NOOOOO.

There was somebody arguing that yes stork can react to light speed but she can not react to faster than light aka speed of thought. I simply busted out the scan that her powers literally takes less than a conscious thought to arrive aka as fast as if not faster than thought and they could only go, she is too op then. I love the salt in their response when I prove then wrong it really taste sooo sweet.
    Lmao! I love your reactions to this and you are ofc 100% right. I can just imagine if that ish was canon. It would probably be at the center of the shrine for the "we hate Storm" club.

Imo I think powered Storm is above normal human reaction time. It's canon that her abilities allow her to read the nervous system of any living thing and follow the path of their neurons and more importantly REACT to said path which gives her an edge in any fight. Now it's up to each person how far they want to stretch that "edge in any fight" but I do believe that it should be there.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I just realized Mars is the God of War, so it's very appropriate for the Arakki people to end up there.

I'm glad they're using the title of Goddess for Storm in regards to Mars. It's not the first time in recent history, either:

I also like that they're diving into using the Goddess moniker. Hammer it into everyone's head that the divinity is not going anywhere.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Reminds me that one of you good folk planned to argue on why they thought i was selling Marrow short, when i argued that the fight between her and Storm was not a great display of fighting prowess on the later part.

My arguement was mainly supposed to be that Marrow was at that point not meant to be very impressive (she was dangerous because she was unhinged and violent, not because she was a great fighter or very powerfull) and it was only after she was brought back and added to the X-men that writers expanded on her skills, physical state and powers. Compared to today, where she is practically a natural super soldier, she was just a scrawny teenager with knives, who didn't even had the implication of skill that Callisto got before her fight with Storm.

The reason this reminds me to it, is because with what was established later, their fight would need to look a lot different if it was done today, in part because of the difference in physical power. Since it was later established that Sarah is strong enough to easily lift something the size and weight of an ox over her shoulder and swing it around and tough enough to withstand a fall from the Brooklyn Bridge with no damage.

So while not Thor or even Spiderman strong, each of her blows and swings should pack a lot of punch, while she should be able to tank a lot of damage. Meanwhile in their original fight Storm was strong enough to disarm her by just grabing her wrist.

Basicly Storm without using her powers vs. modern Marrow should be like an Elden Ring boss fight for her (if the writers remember the feats the later is supposed to have...). Though if Storm uses her powers, the dynamic is basicly reversed. She is practically an end boss level character at this point.
    Uhh, well wasn't me lol.

But you do make sense in what you say. At least to me.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Exactly stork being the head god and establishing her own pantheon of gods based of the mutant religion and belief would be sooo dope.

Will like to also get something on how and why her ancestors hold this divine mantle.
    "Stork" XDDD

Y'all better watch out... Queen Stork don't play!

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    "Stork" XDDD
    Auto correct been kicking my ass since day one. It has never been easy for me
    IMG_20220319_201045.jpg

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Hmmm maybe but in the end all I know is we are in for a treat.
    Oh I don’t doubt that.

Whichever way Ewing goes with this, I’m just excited to see something Cosmic.

Astonishing Member

I NEED X-Men Red to last at least 20 issues we need to milk Cosmic Storm for all its worth before she gets shunted off on some mediocre writer who just has her be Lightning Lass for some mediocre team.

Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    I NEED X-Men Red to last at least 20 issues we need to milk Cosmic Storm for all its worth before she gets shunted off on some mediocre writer who just has her be Lightning Lass for some mediocre team.
    Yeah, look what happened after Immortal Hulk ended

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yeah, look what happened after Immortal Hulk ended
    Wait what happened?

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Wait what happened?
    He became a Cosmic Entity. And then destroyed the Universe.

Well, TECHNICALLY a Cosmic Entity called: “The One Below All” possessed the Body of the Hulk and essentially turned the Hulk into this ALL POWERFUL being and destroyed the Universe.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Like asgardian storm was a moment to determine charachter growth, ut wasn't supposed to be a staple thing. Comics has this wierd way of making everything with meaning sooo mundane. Taking such an important charchter moment for ororo during her depowered days and making it into a flashy fan service thing is just trash behaviour.
    yes exactly. it was a moment which was meant for loki to return her to her former glory in which she had her powers. once they were returned there was no need for the hammer. its quite aggravating that writers don't get this.

Quote Originally Posted by Starleafgirl View Post
    I just realized Mars is the God of War, so it's very appropriate for the Arakki people to end up there.

I'm glad they're using the title of Goddess for Storm in regards to Mars. It's not the first time in recent history, either:

yes indeed!! im so excited to see what being the goddess of mars means for her.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes indeed!! im so excited to see what being the goddess of mars means for her.
    Sandblasting the Arraki into a less rough shape perhaps? Sorry couldn't resist.

That being said, i wonder when the weather/nature and limitations of the planet might actualy start to affect her subconsciously?

Sure those pannels say she is molding and forming the environment of this planet to what she desires, but it's still a world created artificaly and in a massive hurry on a more than flawed soil. They created a magnetic field and added large amounts of water to the surface, but it's still primarily covered in rusted iron dust, with hard volcanic rock underneath. Which heavily limits what can be done with it, without years of carefull processing the surface first.

At some point a gardener has to face that fact that some plants they might desire for their garden will not fit the soil and environment they have and either need to chose from those that will still bloom even if they might be to their original vision or use artifical means to force them to fit in.

Combine that with constant stress, fighting and the likely persistent smell of the rusted sand (invoking blood) and i can't help but imagine her having to fight cracks showing up in herself as much as they might on the terraformed Mars itself.

So yeah could be exciting.

Extraordinary Member From The Shadows's Avatar

Attachment 119444

Goddess of mars.
    Thats a gorgeous cover. Storm looks great. Love her costume and pose.

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    Sandblasting the Arraki into a less rough shape perhaps? Sorry couldn't resist.

That being said, i wonder when the weather/nature and limitations of the planet might actualy start to affect her subconsciously?

Sure those pannels say she is molding and forming the environment of this planet to what she desires, but it's still a world created artificaly and in a massive hurry on a more than flawed soil. They created a magnetic field and added large amounts of water to the surface, but it's still primarily covered in rusted iron dust, with hard volcanic rock underneath. Which heavily limits what can be done with it, without years of carefull processing the surface first.

At some point a gardener has to face that fact that some plants they might desire for their garden will not fit the soil and environment they have and either need to chose from those that will still bloom even if they might be to their original vision or use artifical means to force them to fit in.

Combine that with constant stress, fighting and the likely persistent smell of the rusted sand (invoking blood) and i can't help but imagine her having to fight cracks showing up in herself as much as they might on the terraformed Mars itself.

So yeah could be exciting.
    This would be a really interesting take for like a one shot form Storm's PoV. On top of everything else she has to learn all the subtle nuances of being connected to a new planet.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    and there you have it. this isn't the Omega Mutant of Mars.... No.. this is the GODDESS of Mars. I think it is very nice that Ororo has this to distinguish her. Keep in mind all the great ring members are Omega Level so ororo being one wouldn't impress them. Her being a goddess however is something that distinguishes her from the rest which will give her more street cred to some of the Arrakki. Im just blown away guys seeing the xoffice fully embrace her godhead!!!

yes for remembering blink of an eye!!!!
    Claremont was always so descriptive when it came to her activation speed