Page 15 of 833 FirstFirst ... 51112131415161718192565115515 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I was reading the al Ewing x-Monday from last year and I saw certain clues which could indicate where he is taking storm. First of he talks of the acanti meaning he has read the issue where storms powers are detailed by Claremont as being able to perceive the very universe as patterns of force and energy and bend this energy to her will and after she had performed the galactic core feaf. So I believe some cosmic level feats are coming. Ewing is known for his very scientific approach to superhuman powers so if he says he is brainstorming we are bound to see something phenomenal. Also his version of storm character wise is from the 80s when she was depowered. He said that version of storm not only informed him about the character but also about supergirl
    Heroes in general that they are more than their powers as even though storn didn't have mutant powers she was by all definition the best person for the job.
    Yeah I really feel like Al is one of the rare writers that actually seem to GET her. Not just for the power aspect but the actual character.

To be Frank I really don't know how storm would win this fight without an absolute zero feat. And by absolute zero I mean freezing the entire planet down to its core as the very core has energy that Vulcan can rob. Her divine energy would still be subject to his whims so hadari yao on paper won't really make a difference depending on her power level. I am truly struggling to find a way by which storm beats him because this is a man that made Adam warnock his bitch and made black bolt have to almost destroy a huge chunk of existence with a bomb before taking him out. But ewing says he has a plan and his version of storm is very powerful and Cassel is saying we should look at storm, so I guess we would have to wait and see. Because even anti matter theoretically wont work as that is also energy.
    LMAO, Regina why are you sapping all my hope of Storm pulling out a win in this potential fight!

I love how they simultaneously give storn her flowers and then subtly take it away. I couldn't help but laugh at the article. Now I know why they kept so long to write it mental gymnastics .

https://screenrant.com/storm-new-pow...ressure-omega/

Anyways al ewing wrote what he wrote.
    But it's the fact that they aren't even accurate -
    while Storm frequently creates hurricanes, cyclones, and lightning, she's never had such literal control of the air pressure in a room.

What would they call this? It's literally a low-tier pressure dome that gives them some quiet.

And even worse - While emitting a lot of energy, Storm can become exhausted

Umm?

Can we maybe get a issue number? The only time I recall Storm being KO'ed from exerting too much energy is when she re-powered the S.W.O.R.D. station and that's the same issue that literally tried to re-write how her powers functioned.

For example, when Ororo gains control of the air pressure in S.W.O.R.D. #11, her nose begins to bleed; this means that even her extreme power has her limits.
    See this right here is going to be the prevailing thought to anyone who doesn't actually READ what she's saying. It's the fact that she's putting her OWN limits on her powers is what caused her to bleed. It's not that complicated at all.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Storm caused a building to explode by manipulating air pressure way back in Wolverine's 1st series.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Storm caused a building to explode by manipulating air pressure way back in Wolverine's 1st series.
    Thank you! I totally forgot about that instance. Wolverine #38

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

To be Frank I really don't know how storm would win this fight without an absolute zero feat. And by absolute zero I mean freezing the entire planet down to its core as the very core has energy that Vulcan can rob. Her divine energy would still be subject to his whims so hadari yao on paper won't really make a difference depending on her power level. I am truly struggling to find a way by which storm beats him because this is a man that made Adam warnock his bitch and made black bolt have to almost destroy a huge chunk of existence with a bomb before taking him out. But ewing says he has a plan and his version of storm is very powerful and Cassel is saying we should look at storm, so I guess we would have to wait and see. Because even anti matter theoretically wont work as that is also energy.
    So does Vulcan create energy or manipulate it?

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    So does Vulcan create energy or manipulate it?
    Manipulate, he has three dominant abilities the first is energy absorption, energy projection and energy manipulation. Energy manipulation is his singular omega power, the other two he has a very high upper limit. But with the manipulation he can basically manipulate any and all forms of energy even esoteric ones like magic and the energy of the mkran crystal. He even can manipulate the quantum energies which forms the basis of quantum magic the only magic type potentially even greater than chaos magic.

Now why I said that was because storm also manipulates a **** ton of energy to create weather. The upper limit of the amount of energy is incalculable, she also has very high upper limits in absorption and projection considering she was able to easily absorb the combined power of a galactic core alarm millions of stars, planets and potentially a super massive black hole and didn't really reach a limit but died due to her body being left in space, also the Trion dimension. Her energy projection is what is the most lacking as she is seen mostly projecting lightning ala lightning lass. But even that her energy projection has never destroyed a planet meanwhile Vulcan has matched the energy of bolgatons full scream with ease. Plus he is also able to heal and take damage. Now hadadi yao also has incalculable power so that could be the deciding factor after all knoll was seriously impressed with the sheer amount of raw power storm was packing inside so much so he called her more powerful than cosmic empowered THOR, strange, HULK! now hulk has been stated to have literally no finite component to how much his power might grow and that if he keeps
    On getting angry his power would just keep on growing.

It reminds me of when Claremont stated that Phoenix and storms have the same amount of raw power, again dark Phoenix ate a star on eof her most impressive feats meanwhile storm basically ate an entire galactic core and still left their inhabitants unscathed and was able to return that energy back when she was free of the brood. And it was all sooo easy too so I can't even imagine what a rogue storm could do.

Watcher said dark Phoenix kept growing in power and would have eventually reached the point where she gets ultimate unlimited power, and from Claremont indication ot seems that storm has that same potential. Remember storn is sooo much of a beast that she could casually overpower a power dampening collar.

But with Vulcan the only way I see her truly putting him down is if she freezes the entire planet down to its core absolute zero nothing less would stop him. Or maybe she overload him with an omega level god blast . Those attacks can easily destroy the planet they are on and I doubt storm would sacrifice the lives of the Arakkii all for a win. I guess we would wait and see but I am excited.

Manipulate, he has three dominant abilities the first is energy absorption, energy projection and energy manipulation. Energy manipulation is his singular omega power, the other two he has a very high upper limit. But with the manipulation he can basically manipulate any and all forms of energy even esoteric ones like magic and the energy of the mkran crystal. He even can manipulate the quantum energies which forms the basis of quantum magic the only magic type potentially even greater than chaos magic.

Now why I said that was because storm also manipulates a **** ton of energy to create weather. The upper limit of the amount of energy is incalculable, she also has very high upper limits in absorption and projection considering she was able to easily absorb the combined power of a galactic core alarm millions of stars, planets and potentially a super massive black hole and didn't really reach a limit but died due to her body being left in space, also the Trion dimension. Her energy projection is what is the most lacking as she is seen mostly projecting lightning ala lightning lass. But even that her energy projection has never destroyed a planet meanwhile Vulcan has matched the energy of bolgatons full scream with ease. Plus he is also able to heal and take damage. Now hadadi yao also has incalculable power so that could be the deciding factor after all knoll was seriously impressed with the sheer amount of raw power storm was packing inside so much so he called her more powerful than cosmic empowered THOR, strange, HULK! now hulk has been stated to have literally no finite component to how much his power might grow and that if he keeps
    On getting angry his power would just keep on growing.

It reminds me of when Claremont stated that Phoenix and storms have the same amount of raw power, again dark Phoenix ate a star on eof her most impressive feats meanwhile storm basically ate an entire galactic core and still left their inhabitants unscathed and was able to return that energy back when she was free of the brood. And it was all sooo easy too so I can't even imagine what a rogue storm could do.

Watcher said dark Phoenix kept growing in power and would have eventually reached the point where she gets ultimate unlimited power, and from Claremont indication ot seems that storm has that same potential. Remember storn is sooo much of a beast that she could casually overpower a power dampening collar.

But with Vulcan the only way I see her truly putting him down is if she freezes the entire planet down to its core absolute zero nothing less would stop him. Or maybe she overload him with an omega level god blast . Those attacks can easily destroy the planet they are on and I doubt storm would sacrifice the lives of the Arakkii all for a win. I guess we would wait and see but I am excited.
    I would've been happy to see her Abs.0 his body. But holy sh!t, lol.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Yeah I really feel like Al is one of the rare writers that actually seem to GET her. Not just for the power aspect but the actual character.

LMAO, Regina why are you sapping all my hope of Storm pulling out a win in this potential fight!

But it's the fact that they aren't even accurate -

What would they call this? It's literally a low-tier pressure dome that gives them some quiet.

Umm?

Can we maybe get a issue number? The only time I recall Storm being KO'ed from exerting too much energy is when she re-powered the S.W.O.R.D. station and that's the same issue that literally tried to re-write how her powers functioned.

See this right here is going to be the prevailing thought to anyone who doesn't actually READ what she's saying. It's the fact that she's putting her OWN limits on her powers is what caused her to bleed. It's not that complicated at all.
    Yeah me too, it looks like he has done his research when it comes to storm and honestly I very happy about that. Storm is more than her powers but her powers are also an important aspect of her and it seems he is looking to develop that. He literally made it explicitly clear that her one true limit was her putting limits on her abilities. Its sooo bad it caused her to bleed. I am very excited about what he has in store for storm his version of storm is going to drag Abigail by the follicles once she finds out she is selling mutants out.

Oh fam the vulcan thing don't mind me. First all we know ewing is going to further elaborate and tune the very nature of her abilities because if we ate going by the Claremont version that is the original almost no form of energy is safe from storm as all energy plays a part and can play a part in "weather" universally I am looking at that dimension erasing storm from the classic dr strange stories the kind that was sooo powerful he strange had to team up with dormamu and the dark dimension tk even stand a chance and even that they failed. Also I want to direct our attention to something. Whisltvin the world storm says the environment is volatile and subject to change. These two are the same thing but storm was talking of how the entire environment of the artificial dimension was in flux and that she could manipulate a jey component of this flux the nano bots to create weather. Now energy is basically the ability to do work ala the change brought to a sudden or an object storm was saying that the world was vulnerable to change that change she was talking about was energy ala dynamics. The various forms of energy are just the same thing with a different flavour hence why electrical energy can become light and sound energy and so on and so forth. Storm in theory should be able to manipulate virtually almost all forms of energy as per her affinity to volatility or dynamics. It is the main reason why her powers changed and adapts to the environment she is in allowing her to manipulate that environment giving her new abilities previously unheard of for weather manipulation see astral realm weather, all because of the very dynamics of her power. And I think that is what ewing would be running with I see "weather" in storms case is basically the current state of a dynamic system from the quantum level all the way to the cosmic universal dimensional what have you. In fact t weather is a system the ingredients of that system can be altered and customized by storm utilizing natural and esoteric forces to create phenomena which is virtually unthinkable and unimaginable.

Oh and yeah I just read that article and laughed. Like they kept this long you would think they would read the text well but alas there was a will and a way and we got this very odd trash article.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-09-2022 at 08:50 PM.

My response is long hihi bear with me.

I would've been happy to see her Abs.0 his body. But holy sh!t, lol.
    Yeah I meant that too but nope that wont cut it. Vulcan passively absorbs energy even from the core of the earth. For storm to absolutely end him she would have to freeze everything intact even she shouldn't be thousands of miles near him. That absorption ability is sooo powerful it robbed warnock of all his power in seconds lol. The immensely powerful arakkkos are also ripe for the picking same for arakko itself. It is just too big a sacrifice just to stop a brat. But I believe ewing has thought of a way that would both shock and impress is I was even thinking she would challenge him to the circle perilous and demand they fight mortal combat style no powers but gave wont do that. And since Ewing says he is doing godshit with storm we would see.

Al Ewing is incredibly good with science and energy based powers so if Storm and Vulcan DO fight, neither one is going to get the short end of the stick imo
    Faves: Ororo Munroe♥ Maxima Of Almerac♥ Donna Troy♥ Mari Jiwe McCabe♥ Jean Grey♥ Cyclops♥ Monet♥ Wanda Maximoff♥ Jubilee♥
    CHECKMATE
    GA: "She moves fast"..
    F:"Compared to who?"
    GA:"Hold her!"
    F:"Does it look like I'm not trying!?"

♡♡♡

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    Al Ewing is incredibly good with science and energy based powers so if Storm and Vulcan DO fight, neither one is going to get the short end of the stick imo
    The best there is

Quote Originally Posted by Rosa Snarks View Post
    In issue #11 of her Solo series yes but she flung cyborgs into space in that instance

I had forgotten about that moment, thanks! It would have been very interesting for her to take out all the air and then reach absolute zero, even this moment of ripping out these organic mass beings, it was amazing too.

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    Fair enough. And I'm hoping the same !

@All - As I contemplate the possibilities - What would a "goddess" look like to the Arakkii, assuming Genesis & Apoc were just part of the leadership hierarchy? Hadari Yao serves a specific role/purpose in the wakandan pantheon, but what would a god to the Arakkii need to represent? A goddess of war? Unlikely. Justice (the balancing scales)? Possibly. What direction could anyone turn them toward that doesn't embrace the core warrior and sense of honor components to their culture? Being a 'symbol' doesn't seem like a strong enough basis to create critical change for such a war hardened people, let alone the other demands/deliverables of being the Voice of Sol.
    I would love a one-shot exploring Storm's divinity across the African Continent, as it has many different countries and cultures, it would be interesting to see these people's interpretations of the Storm Goddess, as she is not just a Wakanda Goddess, she is is an African Goddess!

Thank you both for the explanations!

We can only wait and see how everything will play out. That said, so far Ewing has not really given us any reason to doubt him or his claims about Storm so if anyone can deliver a showdown it would be him.

I do pose a question to everyone - Vulcan can absorb energy, that's a fact. But could he drain Ororo dry? I know he did something similar to Adam Warlock and it's quite clear that he has no issue with "mutant" energy, but do you all think he could absorb all of Storm's divine energy? Would such a thing be possible?
    Well, I read a little summary of Vulcan's powers and abilities (I don't like him very much), before this list of omega mutants by Hickman, Vulcan was one of the mutants who were said to have power levels that exceeded the definition of omegas in ancient times , but nowadays, as an omega in Energy Manipulation, he has an indefinable limit, he can do great things, I consider characters like Captain Marvel, among other characters that Manipulate Energy, and I have a lot of doubts about this Storm vs. confrontation Vulcan, they both have the same set of powers, they can do almost the same things, it's a close battle...

A friend reminded me that Vulcan can manipulate thermal energy, to heat the air, making it a little harder for Storm to reach this temperature scale, and I have no doubts that it can affect the chemical energy inside Ororo's body, I'm all increasingly in doubt and looking forward to seeing this fight, I just hope Storm doesn't defeat
    Vulcan on a single panel, no nerfs on both! Lol, they could end up destroying Mars in this showdown!