Page 16 of 833 FirstFirst ... 61213141516171819202666116516 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Can we maybe get a issue number? The only time I recall Storm being KO'ed from exerting too much energy is when she re-powered the S.W.O.R.D. station and that's the same issue that literally tried to re-write how her powers functioned.

See this right here is going to be the prevailing thought to anyone who doesn't actually READ what she's saying. It's the fact that she's putting her OWN limits on her powers is what caused her to bleed. It's not that complicated at all.
    The only moment I remember was the feat of the galactic core, Storm handled enough energies to sweep the entire solar system!

The interesting thing is that her body didn't disintegrate, she just went into a coma, a consequence of dealing with so many energies in a few seconds, and having to reach this entire Galaxy!

But now talking about times when Storm had to deal with extensive energy sources, I think her biggest moment was in Trion's feat, she had to channel energies from an entire dimension and then heal him, if I'm not mistaken this dimension had multiple worlds!

She also had to close a spacetime crack

That Trion feat is soooo crazy. It's definitely still her outlier top tier feat. The galactic core feat, still astronomical, is a distant second in comparison. Both of them allude to how much Storm holds back on the regular. No one really cares about the stories from that late 90's run, for good or ill. Perhaps it is time that Ewing reminds the people of the power that is Storm!
    Let the flames destroy all but that which is pure and true!

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Well, I read a little summary of Vulcan's powers and abilities (I don't like him very much), before this list of omega mutants by Hickman, Vulcan was one of the mutants who were said to have power levels that exceeded the definition of omegas in ancient times , but nowadays, as an omega in Energy Manipulation, he has an indefinable limit, he can do great things, I consider characters like Captain Marvel, among other characters that Manipulate Energy, and I have a lot of doubts about this Storm vs. confrontation Vulcan, they both have the same set of powers, they can do almost the same things, it's a close battle...

A friend reminded me that Vulcan can manipulate thermal energy, to heat the air, making it a little harder for Storm to reach this temperature scale, and I have no doubts that it can affect the chemical energy inside Ororo's body, I'm all increasingly in doubt and looking forward to seeing this fight, I just hope Storm doesn't defeat
    Vulcan on a single panel, no nerfs on both! Lol, they could end up destroying Mars in this showdown!
    You see? It is very dicey if she tries to freeze him he can just keep increasing the temperature to counter, he can also try to mess with her chemical and bio electrical energy onto of her mutagenic energy it is a very nebulous battle for me. So I resign to what al ewing would do with storm

The only moment I remember was the feat of the galactic core, Storm handled enough energies to sweep the entire solar system!

The interesting thing is that her body didn't disintegrate, she just went into a coma, a consequence of dealing with so many energies in a few seconds, and having to reach this entire Galaxy!

But now talking about times when Storm had to deal with extensive energy sources, I think her biggest moment was in Trion's feat, she had to channel energies from an entire dimension and then heal him, if I'm not mistaken this dimension had multiple worlds!

She also had to close a spacetime crack

I love that word sooo much, the firmament. It really puts into perspective the very scale of her abilities seing the firmament is also known as the heavens or the cosmic vault. It reminds me of this.

RCO002_1641365845.jpg

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    That Trion feat is soooo crazy. It's definitely still her outlier top tier feat. The galactic core feat, still astronomical, is a distant second in comparison. Both of them allude to how much Storm holds back on the regular. No one really cares about the stories from that late 90's run, for good or ill. Perhaps it is time that Ewing reminds the people of the power that is Storm!
    The Triton dimension is a beast of a feat. An entire dimension was subject to the very whims of storm. And she channelled all that power with no problem. In fact I believe the reason why she fell into the coma after the galactic core was due to the lack of oxygen after she had channelled all that power through her body. Each star being in it's own system having tens of millions of celestial bodies and taking in all their power at once that demonstrated to me the fact that storm really holds back in every encounter.

I don't know, i don't think Storm or vulcan can really hurt each other. He'll keep producing energy and she could in theory turn him into a living storm sort of like what is in mjnoir. He can't produce any energy storm can't manipulate and i think that is what makes him so dangerous. These two could fight and destroy everything and will be the only two left. But that is a true loss for Storm so i think that is what excites me. I don't think it will be so much a traditional battle.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by yogaflame View Post
    Yea! Storm was one of the few mutants, if not the only one that showed to reach a level above the planetarium, it's very strange that they took a while to confirm their omega status, and didn't explore their powers more and more, lol

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I love that word sooo much, the firmament. It really puts into perspective the very scale of her abilities seing the firmament is also known as the heavens or the cosmic vault. It reminds me of this.

RCO002_1641365845.jpg
    The Storm awakened my love for deep space, wow, both space events, celestial bodies, it would be very interesting for her to deal with these events out there! I want now a version of the Guardians of the Galaxy version X-men!

And this panel is very beautiful, they made one on Twitter without the text box if I'm not mistaken...

Yea! Storm was one of the few mutants, if not the only one that showed to reach a level above the planetarium, it's very strange that they took a while to confirm their omega status, and didn't explore their powers more and more, lol
    Hmm I think we all know why. Today I re read the uncanny xmen series 2011 and hillens storm is kinda meh, it made me grateful that he doesn't have her as a Core in his book, he is sticking to Emma and sinister.cause the guy at least then didn't get the character at all ewing on the other hand seems to.

The Storm awakened my love for deep space, wow, both space events, celestial bodies, it would be very interesting for her to deal with these events out there! I want now a version of the Guardians of the Galaxy version X-men!

And this panel is very beautiful, they made one on Twitter without the text box if I'm not mistaken...
    Yes they did I have the book but just wanted to use a digital copy for reference. It is awe inspiring

You see? It is very dicey if she tries to freeze him he can just keep increasing the temperature to counter, he can also try to mess with her chemical and bio electrical energy onto of her mutagenic energy it is a very nebulous battle for me. So I resign to what al ewing would do with storm
    It's giving you a headache, although most here don't like it, is Vulcan a Galactic Emperor? They must have learned a lot of exotic fights, it would be nice to have a little melee fight between them, but it would be too wasteful not to focus on their mutant abilities.

The Triton dimension is a beast of a feat. An entire dimension was subject to the very whims of storm. And she channelled all that power with no problem. In fact I believe the reason why she fell into the coma after the galactic core was due to the lack of oxygen after she had channelled all that power through her body. Each star being in it's own system having tens of millions of celestial bodies and taking in all their power at once that demonstrated to me the fact that storm really holds back in every encounter.
    After all that, the writers still put her to fall against attacks of energies that barely compare to Trion and the Galactic Core! It frustrates me a lot

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I don't know, i don't think Storm or vulcan can really hurt each other. He'll keep producing energy and she could in theory turn him into a living storm sort of like what is in mjnoir. He can't produce any energy storm can't manipulate and i think that is what makes him so dangerous. These two could fight and destroy everything and will be the only two left. But that is a true loss for Storm so i think that is what excites me. I don't think it will be so much a traditional battle.
    You're right, I would be fine if Storm lost, that would break the all-powerful narrative, that would be pretty personality too, but as long as it's a fair fight between the two.

You're right, I would be fine if Storm lost, that would break the all-powerful narrative, that would be pretty personality too, but as long as it's a fair fight between the two.
    Yeah i would be fine with a lost too like if it was a reality warper i think it would be more straight forward but these two abilities really compliment each other. If he can produce any sort of energy just imagine what these two could do together with ororo giving him direction on the energies to provide for her to manipulate or the ways he could help her to explore her powers and vice versa. Adversary or Ally their dynamic can be really interesting.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

I don't understand why there is an all powerful narrative around storm. It is very strange to me that people think that, especially considering the stupidly op characters already walking around in marvel. characters who literally can unmake reality, destroy multiverses and shit and then there is the weather lady being allowed to explore the full elemental breath of her powers is all powerful? I am sorry but they should miss me with that bull shit. Kinda like when she made a star and we had people decrying that she should not have done that cause that would be too OP. And I am like do you want her to throw lighting and wind her entire career? I guess so . Anyways.....

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Yeah i would be fine with a lost too like if it was a reality warper i think it would be more straight forward but these two abilities really compliment each other. If he can produce any sort of energy just imagine what these two could do together with ororo giving him direction on the energies to provide for her to manipulate or the ways he could help her to explore her powers and vice versa. Adversary or Ally their dynamic can be really interesting.
    In fact I am choosing violence, if this fight happens I want storm to beat vulcan and not only beat him i want her to absolutely destroy him and his moral and sense of self like she did with tarn but this time with her powers and not even cosmic shit with just wind and lightning. I want lightning lass to mop the floor with him. Because if thor faced vulcan and koed hik with lightning you wont see the dude bros being bitter about it. Same energy for storm then.