Page 2 of 833 FirstFirst 1234561252102502 ... LastLast

Happy New Year to All ! Looking forward to another year of growth, development and good chats aboit our favorite omega weather manipulating warrior Regent. Hopefully a lot to unpack for Ororo & the X-Men.

Astonishing Member Lucyinthesky's Avatar

Happy New Year to all Storm fans, hope Ororo has an awesome year as regent of Sol
    "To the X-men then, who don´t die the old fashioned way and no matter how hard we try, none of us die forever" Uncanny X-Men #270, Jean and Ororo

Magneto: The master of magnetism Appreciation 2022
    Polaris: The Mistress of Magnetism Appreciation 2022
    House of M Appreciation 2022

So we know she will be in at least 2 books:

- X-Men Red - (Ewing) Team book that will be shaped/impacted by the ending of SWORD & possibly this current Lives/Deaths of Wolverine event.

- Immortal X-Men - (Gillen) Not looking forward to Storm being under Gillen but I do find the premise and promo cover of the book interesting.

What would you all like to see happen with respect to Storm’s growth, development, kind of leader she could be in this new era, and what relationships you think should be most explored?

I am looking forward to finding out WHY Storm is the Regent of Mars and Voice of Sol. Why does she want the job? Why does she think she's suited for it? How did she get it? I think it's shameful that it's nearly been half a year since she became VOS and we still have zero answers to those questions. That interview from awhile ago didn't help either.

The main thing I am looking forward to is also just Storm in a cosmic setting. It's new territory for her and can lead to tons of interactions with that part of the Marvel universe. I think tptb aren't interested in Storm having a significant role in the main Krakoa story unfortunately so the space portion is what I have to settle with.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Coipel hits it out of the ball park, again…
    11173136-A47B-40DD-99E2-DF5479C2A5F7.jpg

I couldn't quote you cause the thread is closed now but I said what I said. Happy New Year!

Happy New Year!! Looking forward to X-Men Red!

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Coipel hits it out of the ball park, again…
    11173136-A47B-40DD-99E2-DF5479C2A5F7.jpg
    It's gonna be an excellent year indeed. I mean look at the material.... now that's some Creme de la creme ****

The regent outfit and the elemental hair! I need that as a full size poster.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post
    So we know she will be in at least 2 books:

- X-Men Red - (Ewing) Team book that will be shaped/impacted by the ending of SWORD & possibly this current Lives/Deaths of Wolverine event.

- Immortal X-Men - (Gillen) Not looking forward to Storm being under Gillen but I do find the premise and promo cover of the book interesting.

What would you all like to see happen with respect to StormÂ’s growth, development, kind of leader she could be in this new era, and what relationships you think should be most explored?
    X-Men Red: I would HOPE that this is what Ewing was talking about when he said "I'm writing a very powerful version of Storm... with the goddess cred from BP..." I believe what we got from SWORD was just teasers of his version of Storm. I'm not a writer by any stretch, but I can imagine it's hard to try and split the focus between two such big personalities of Brand and Storm all within 25 or so pages. I expect that since Red will focus on Storm, we'll get to see more of her role AND her inner voice. I think I've said it before but if not I'll say it again! This to my knowledge is the best position Storm has ever been in. Not just in terms of power and potential feats, but in the sheer amount of character development that can happen AND the character connections that can spring from this. The potential rogue gallery that can spring from this!

Immortal X-Men: I'll wait and see for this. My opinion of Gillen's Storm is so low it's not worth me wasting the few minutes it would take type my hope for his version of Storm.

What I would like to see happen (hopefully under Ewing's hand since I trust him):

-Elemental form/Godly physicals - Opens the door for Storm to really get down and dirty with enemies who have far above human physicals and actually survive. In absence of that then a really deep dive into her using her powers to form defensive barriers. Air pressure, EM shields, hell, gravity shields, the sky really isn't the limit anymore for her!

-Springing from an elemental form - Transportation. I get that Krakoan flowers have no range limit, but someone actually has to plant the first flower to the destination. As Storm pointed out, her people above all else will respect her more for doing things under her own power. Now imagine if you will that at the end of a meeting Storm gets called to Shi'ar space. Her fan-girl Xandria offers Storm a ship but she turns it down and using perhaps a combination of her divinity and mutant powers, creates a wormhole to teleport herself there. I think it's safe to say at this point that Xandria is a ardent follower of the Hadari Yao. It would be nice for Storm to have a scene where she can sense Xandria's or any of her worshippers location and be there for them in an instant. Like Bishop said, who needs an angel when you have a Goddess watching over you.

-Diving into what makes her HER - Slowly but surly I'm making my way through the more classic issues of X-Men with an emphasis on Storm, and the biggest night and day difference is her personality. Pre-Hickman/Ewing I don't even think it was the same character being written. Storm is finally starting to get that Claremont edge back to her and a solid backbone! Calling out Magneto and damn near "SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITER"ing Doom was a refreshing breath of air to her and CLEALRY an ice cold bucket of "WTF" to some others. #HumbleHerself

-Rogues Gallery - I can't speak for anyone else but I think one of if not THE biggest drawback against Storm's character is that she has no enemies worthy of her power. And not even her out and out full power. I mean even just your normal-mode story Storm. Callisto? Shadow King,... am I missing anyone? She has no real threats coming her way that even the most ignorant comic fan couldn't see Storm winning in a few pages let alone a issue or an arc. I touched on it at the beginning of my post but I really hope Ewing expands on this subject. And not just new characters that are featless and "nameless" but characters that exist and have some easy name recognition.

-Ancestry/Godhood - I'd love for this to be explored in FULL effect over various stories across different books featuring Storm and other prominent magical characters. Why is Storm's bloodline favored by Oshtur? Is the Hadari Yao (Storm's bloodline?) a vessel for Oshtur's power on Earth when the need arises? Is Storm on equal footing with Oshtur in terms of ultimate potential? Does Storm still pray to the Bright lady/Gaia? Is Storm's ultra-tight grip on self imposed limits and her humanity sort of a safe guard put in by Oshtur to keep Storm from being human and actually becoming corrupt?

Ok, that's enough for now!
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Mighty Member

Happy New Year to all Strom fans.

Looking forward to what's laying in store for 2022. Long may she reign!
    Last edited by ZuLuLu; 01-01-2022 at 06:35 PM.

Incredible Member

We would love to hear about Storm godhood more. Writers found a loophole in Shuri to suppress it since a godhead can’t be taken away.

I can see why writers would want to do that but why ignore her divinity?

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am looking forward to finding out WHY Storm is the Regent of Mars and Voice of Sol. Why does she want the job? Why does she think she's suited for it? How did she get it? I think it's shameful that it's nearly been half a year since she became VOS and we still have zero answers to those questions. That interview from awhile ago didn't help either.

The main thing I am looking forward to is also just Storm in a cosmic setting. It's new territory for her and can lead to tons of interactions with that part of the Marvel universe. I think tptb aren't interested in Storm having a significant role in the main Krakoa story unfortunately so the space portion is what I have to settle with.
    Well, she has experience as consort queen, so she knows about politics and diplomacy, she is admired by Xandra, the Shi'ar empress, she is a leader among the X-Men, she is able to keep the Arakki in check (with both charisma and power), and she is unlikely to go mad with power.

I don't think Storm would be able to actually run a government and administration, or to make plans for economy, industry...etc., she doesn't have the training and experience required... but let be honest, most of our political leaders can't run the administration either, they have career officials/civil servants to do that job... the actual job of a politician is to win elections and little more...

What Storm would actually excel at is being the symbolic head of state, the public image and senior diplomat of Mars (she has the charisma and confidence to do that), and very important, to keep her underlings in check.

As for why would she WANT do do it... she probably doesn't want to, but, if she refuses, who will take the job? They need a heavy hitter to keep the Arakki in check, so... Exodus? Nah, he would start a war before a week... Magneto? He can't speak to a non-mutant without threatening to kill them or bragging about how he could kill them... Iceman? He lacks cunning, charisma and confidence...

Quote Originally Posted by KLY360 View Post
    We would love to hear about Storm godhood more. Writers found a loophole in Shuri to suppress it since a godhead can’t be taken away.

I can see why writers would want to do that but why ignore her divinity?
    As I said in another thread, if she becomes a goddess thanks to Wakandan worship, she should use her divinity to help Wakanda. It would feel weird if the Wakandans became mere faith generators to fill Storm god batteries while she spends all her efforts helping Krakoa...
    Last edited by Habis; 01-01-2022 at 07:15 PM.

Happy New Years all

To all Storm fans...let's have a great year.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Incredible Member

When was the last time that anyone refer to her as Hadari Yao?