Page 21 of 833 FirstFirst ... 111718192021222324253171121521 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yasssssss no contrived drama just two iconic, powerful black characters loving and supporting each other.
    Not to mention this is their first kiss of 2022...(BP 18 was what? 2018?) After 3 years?!?!? Ahaha hopefully its not the last...come on Ridley two more weeks....

Quote Originally Posted by LadyXKerrigan View Post
    Not to mention this is their first kiss of 2022...(BP 18 was what? 2018?) After 3 years?!?!? Ahaha hopefully its not the last...come on Ridley two more weeks....
    Dont know the ulterior motives shtick threw me of the possibility of they getting all lovey lovey. Plus the theme of tge current BP books doesn't fit well with that. But we shall see in a few weeks.

I was thinking, what if Storm explored her magical side, do they think she should be on the level of Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Doom (in my opinion these are the most powerful mystics in Marvel)?

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    I was thinking, what if Storm explored her magical side, do they think she should be on the level of Doctor Strange, Scarlet Witch, Doom (in my opinion these are the most powerful mystics in Marvel)?
    Storm and Scarlet witch both hold the card of high priestess with Agatha meaniing if they tapped into ororo magic she has A lot of potential. Though i guess divinity in a way is magic in of itself.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Not as powerful as Doctoc Strange but at least powerful as Magik her student.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    Didn't she already demonstrate that she could handle more magical energy than illyana who is literally a hell lord. The time that the powerful wizards all gathered their energy into her trying to enable them to create a portal to leave their dimension but the power was too much for magick it was going to kill her so storm took all of it and used it to create the portal so they could go back to limbo.

That scene demonstrated to me at least that storm's upper limits when it comes to magic surpasses that of magiks at the very least, and magik is very very powerful an sorcerer supreme candidate.

I mean strange's power and scarlet's powers come from e
    Osthur and osthur's brother respectively the two most powerful elder gods with osthur now being more powerful seeing as she has transcended godhood itself. A high priestess is a conductor for spiritual forces and energies and when you look at it it makes sense each of the three high priestess has a patron god of some sort Agatha is the most powerful ambient magic user, Wanda has chthon ala cosmic satan and Storm has The Bright lady ala omnipotent osthur. I believe that each has the capacity to tap into their sources to a level or degree that other magic users cant even dream of and are inherently higher and stronger vessels for magical power. It could also be that due to osthur giving the women of ororo's line the title of high priestess for soo long these women have overtime developed or evolved to become literally divine themselves. Something that the scarlet witch and agatha do not inherently posses themselves. After all a single tear from osthur literally became a sentient being sorcerer supreme and was nigh omnipotent. So hey getting that power running through you for thousands of generations has got to change something in you fundamentally. Unfortunately we might or will not get a story line exploring this in a while because marvel seems more intent on exploring chthon not his sister.

Also one thing osthur is the grey goddess, yes she is benevolent but she isn't the goddess of goodness, she goddess of not only order the antithesis to chaos but also balance. She also governs justice and is the goddess of the skies and the dawn. Oh and the goddess of truth which I find interesting seeing as reality warping which is chaos magical most definitive ability twists and changes what already is that is the truth and imposes it's own.

A series focusing on osthur and her very deep relationship to storm's bloodline would be very interesting. But alas... though I am grateful we ate getting xmen red by al Ewing. He would do her justice the best way he can I believe it.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-13-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm and Scarlet witch both hold the card of high priestess with Agatha meaniing if they tapped into ororo magic she has A lot of potential. Though i guess divinity in a way is magic in of itself.
    You know I like Agatha, but I think she is very overrated, but I recognize that she is one of the strongest witches that existed from the time of Sale, but I think there are witches, sorcerers above her, but experience is what weighs the most in balance of power. I agree, Divinity could be associated with Magic, although I would like to see little moments of Ororo casting spells like a real witch, I feel like her magic doesn't have a defined form

Quote Originally Posted by LordAllMIghty View Post
    For me Strange is a great example of Arcane Sorcerer, I like him, in the past he was very powerful, interacted with entities, but currently he was nerfed, but he is still one of the most powerful.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Didn't she already demonstrate that she could handle more magical energy than illyana who is literally a hell lord. The time that the powerful wizards all gathered their energy into her trying to enable them to create a portal to leave their dimension but the power was too much for magick it was going to kill her so storm took all of it and used it to create the portal so they could go back to limbo.

That scene demonstrated to me at least that storm's upper limits when it comes to magic surpasses that of magiks at the very least, and magik is very very powerful an sorcerer supreme candidate.
    I know outside of its dimension the Hellord is weakened but I hate the way Marvel treats Illyana, almost like she was a wannabe wizarding world but she was trained by heavy names (Elder Ororo, Strange), read books ancients while in limbo, and until then, I hardly ever see her casting a spell.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I mean strange's power and scarlet's powers come from e
    Osthur and osthur's brother respectively the two most powerful elder gods with osthur now being more powerful seeing as she has transcended godhood itself. A high priestess is a conductor for spiritual forces and energies and when you look at it it makes sense each of the three high priestess has a patron god of some sort Agatha is the most powerful ambient magic user, Wanda has chthon ala cosmic satan and Storm has The Bright lady ala omnipotent osthur. I believe that each has the capacity to tap into their sources to a level or degree that other magic users cant even dream of and are inherently higher and stronger vessels for magical power. It could also be that due to osthur giving the women of ororo's line the title of high priestess for soo long these women have overtime developed or evolved to become literally divine themselves. Something that the scarlet witch and agatha do not inherently posses themselves. After all a single tear from osthur literally became a sentient being sorcerer supreme and was nigh omnipotent. So hey getting that power running through you for thousands of generations has got to change something in you fundamentally. Unfortunately we might or will not get a story line exploring this in a while because marvel seems more intent on exploring chthon not his sister.

Also one thing osthur is the grey goddess, yes she is benevolent but she isn't the goddess of goodness, she goddess of not only order the antithesis to chaos but also balance. She also governs justice and is the goddess of the skies and the dawn. Oh and the goddess of truth which I find interesting seeing as reality warping which is chaos magical most definitive ability twists and changes what already is that is the truth and imposes it's own.

A series focusing on osthur and her very deep relationship to storm's bloodline would be very interesting. But alas... though I am grateful we ate getting xmen red by al Ewing. He would do her justice the best way he can I believe it.
    I would love for Marvel to explore Oshtur more, but it seems that the writers are only willing to write Chthon, Dimiurge, showing how they can be extremely powerful and forget that there are other Elder Golds that are also quite interesting. Sypha (Castlevania), Aang and Korra (Avatar), among other characters that deal with Magic and Sorcery, for me these are a good example of how Ororo behaves using his magic, of course with a more "divine" touch

Yeah the way the write her is lacking but illyana is that powerful I mean she literally killed a world water only taking hits because she didn't want to hurt its host. And thatw as literally after she couldn't channel all that power. I mean yeah with these dimension lords and things they are significantly weaker than when they are in their dimension but that would still not have any drag on illyana's inherent magical abilities which are sooo high they qualify her to be on sorcerer supreme shortlist. She did get trained in certain spells by ororo's ancestor ashake it was such a very cute encounter and it was there that it was revealed that osthur is also knows as ma'at and ishtar the queen if heaven.

But the badass perception that writers want her to have 24/7 prevents her from demonstrating the craft aspect of witchcraft. Hopefully we get that in new mutant with the coming war for limbo's throne.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-13-2022 at 12:03 PM.

I would love for Marvel to explore Oshtur more, but it seems that the writers are only willing to write Chthon, Dimiurge, showing how they can be extremely powerful and forget that there are other Elder Golds that are also quite interesting. Sypha (Castlevania), Aang and Korra (Avatar), among other characters that deal with Magic and Sorcery, for me these are a good example of how Ororo behaves using his magic, of course with a more "divine" touch
    To be frank based on her list of dominions alone osthur should be more complex than a simple goodie two shoes who can do no wrong. I mean as order she literally can do no wrong, but as the grey goddess yeah she should definitely have done certain things. The problem is that osthur is already sooo powerful it is difficult to determine weather she is even under the demiurge anymore. I mean this woman casually created new species entire pantheons the entire astral realm is her temple she has multiple dimensions and is as per her own words and the vishanti above the likes and inner functions of eternity. Affecting eternity wontt affect her. Or the other vishanti members with the only person big enough to check them is the living tribunal. She can casually destroy and remake the multi verse and is the only principality whose omnipotence is literally under speculation as many believe she might actually be truly omnipotent.

But forget all that I just want some good characterization for ororo's godmother hihi. She has sooo much to offer to stories and ot would be interesting to see her interact with other heroes rather than just sit an perceive everyone and everything as beneath her. Even calling galactus, a galactus.

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Really love the colors on this, you can almost feel the heat.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Su_Whisterfield's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Really love the colors on this, you can almost feel the heat.
    Thanks.
    I wonder if Ororo’s godhood would make her a more stable host than most?