Page 226 of 833 FirstFirst ... 126176216222223224225226227228229230236276326726 ... LastLast
Results 3,376 to 3,390 of 12488

I you guys to watch this video and just be in awe of just how beautiful and serene yet terrifying storm's abilities are. Even magneto admits that her power is incredible worthy of being conferred to as that of a god

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I you guys to watch this video and just be in awe of just how beautiful and serene yet terrifying storm's abilities are. Even magneto admits that her power is incredible worthy of being conferred to as that of a god

That looked so peaceful. I have always been attracted to violent storms. I remember when i was really little when there were like really windy storms and stuff i was obsessed with going out side or staring out the window. Probably why i like storm character so much thinking about it. I mean i never really thought about controlling it but i just loved and wanted to be in it, almost got swept up by the wind once too. Now that was terrifying but exhilarating.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    That looked so peaceful. I have always been attracted to violent storms. I remember when i was really little when there were like really windy storms and stuff i was obsessed with going out side or staring out the window. Probably why i like storm character so much thinking about it. I mean i never really thought about controlling it but i just loved and wanted to be in it, almost got swept up by the wind once too. Now that was terrifying but exhilarating.
    I LOVE Thunderstorms.

When I was a young Buck when it would rain and Thunderstorm out here in Sacramento, i'd just sit in the rain and watch it. This is also why I too Love Storm. When you actually disect and take the time out to look and research what Weather does and how powerful it is ETC. It shows you have scary Storm really is.

Also, it puts in perspective that Fighting Storm if she were to go ALL out Not many Mutants would be able to beat her. Think about it you have Multiple Tornadoes, a Nonestop Monsoon, F5 Hurricane, The Temp is far below zero, Lightning Bolts that are strong enough to punch through steel etc. Like You can't find under these conditions.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I LOVE Thunderstorms.

When I was a young Buck when it would rain and Thunderstorm out here in Sacramento, i'd just sit in the rain and watch it. This is also why I too Love Storm. When you actually disect and take the time out to look and research what Weather does and how powerful it is ETC. It shows you have scary Storm really is.

Also, it puts in perspective that Fighting Storm if she were to go ALL out Not many Mutants would be able to beat her. Think about it you have Multiple Tornadoes, a Nonestop Monsoon, F5 Hurricane, The Temp is far below zero, Lightning Bolts that are strong enough to punch through steel etc. Like You can't find under these conditions.
    i guess when you put it that way it is kind of terrifying. Just the idea of not knowing whether your going to stand there in awe and go "i want to see what happens next." or if you would at least try to run away or defend yourself.

And a side, from the posts here and reading xtreme again Storm really does her best work when she has to rely on instinct. i can see why in Sword ewing dropped the line about the Storm breaking because when storm releases her control and goes on instinct, it's always something to see/read. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

i guess when you put it that way it is kind of terrifying. Just the idea of not knowing whether your going to stand there in awe and go "i want to see what happens next." or if you would at least try to run away or defend yourself.

And a side, from the posts here and reading xtreme again Storm really does her best work when she has to rely on instinct. i can see why in Sword ewing dropped the line about the Storm breaking because when storm releases her control and goes on instinct, it's always something to see/read. lol
    Exactly. haha I love me some X-Treme X-Men her powers where used pretty interesting and she was such a boss.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    And after that if my time table is correct she leaves to go back to the X-Men.

Post concluded.
    That's why Bendis should keep his big, bald head away from Storm, if he ever returns to Marvel. Another thing, I think he likes his girl next door types when it comes to super heroines. Storm is more than that.

Just reread xtreme 8 which was another great rouge/gambit moment and I remember liking how that was juxtaposed with storm and Davis. This would have also been the time that the silent issues were happening during Morrison run. I really am remembering how much I enjoyed this run.

This would have also been the month i stopped following Morrison run I believe. I think it was right after the Jean/emma silent issue which was exquisite but I just found the overall feeling of his books bleak. And if I'm honest I was never into the mutated looking mutants and didn't like mutants in general getting to far away from humanity. I liked characters like nightcrawler being unique and what beast did to himself being science gone wrong. And if my memory is correct i actually started getting Claremont ff run in the bins to replace that. Well they weren't in bins it was in the FF section archives so not like 25cent. lol
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-15-2022 at 05:40 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Just read issue 9/10 and i wasn't expecting this reread to be so emotional it is actually quite surprising. Like i can feel exactly what i felt at that time and see myself. this was definitely the issue that made it too painful to keep reading morrison run. I remember getting the lawn issue the one with Jean burning as phoenix on it and the silent issue with the nosebleed and i remember thinking while jean was going through all that she reach out to ororo and they shared this moment and she got her through it which was later followed up on by ororo inviting jean into her soul to meet her parents and it just really solidified the bond they share to me. I remember reading Jean here having fun with Ororo and talking with her and supporting her and checking on her and then getting what was suppose to sort of be the companion book and i remember being gutted that she was going through so much, trying to hold things together and yet, she really downplayed it. (i really get into the world when i'm reading. lol) and i just couldn't watch that happen.

But this was the issue that made me get a few issues of Morrison run and people say claremont wasn't a team player.
    Last edited by jwatson; 04-15-2022 at 05:59 PM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

This also makes me think about the biggest mistake writers make about lifeguard powers. Since claremont left they assumed her powers were to adapt to survive but x-treme shows unlike Darwin, Lifeguard power, as Storm tells Jean "Is to literally save lives." Sometimes it's her own but that makes sense since she has to be alive to save others but lifeguard's powers are at their best and adapt to save the lives of others no matter what situation THEY are in. The definition of born hero. Storm knows how to pick a team.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I LOVE Thunderstorms.

lol I was just in sacramento

Hihi I think many of us had the same fascination till we met storm.

I LOVE Thunderstorms.

It is scary storm has control on such a grand scale its difficult to not see why she is deeply revered. Cause like we once mentioned the power of an average hurricane alone is 10,000 nukes strong like think about that for a second 10,000 nukes!

The fox xmen movies nerfed her the hardest, bobby, cyclops and rouge got nerfed badly but storm was just another level, considering her abilities literally strike fear and awe in those who even have a passing knowledge of them. Like anytime storm's eyes were to glow you should feel that "oh ****!" feeling that you get when the avatar's eyes glow, like some epic **** is about to go down. But instead we got meh and bleh with the most terrifying display in x2 being ultimately ineffective.
    Last edited by Reigna; 04-15-2022 at 11:39 PM.

It is scary storm has control on such a grand scale its difficult to not see why she is deeply revered. Cause like we once mentioned the power of an average hurricane alone is 10,000 nukes strong like think about that for a second 10,000 nukes!

The fox xmen movies nerfed her the hardest, bobby, cyclops and rouge got nerfed badly but storm was just another level, considering her abilities literally strike fear and awe in those who even have a passing knowledge of them. Like anytime storm's eyes were to glow you should feel that "oh ****!" feeling that you get when the avatar's eyes glow, like some epic **** is about to go down. But instead we got meh and bleh with the most terrifying display in x2 being ultimately ineffective.
    Yes, movies are far more influential than comics. It's hard to get clean when you get dirty in a movie.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yes, movies are far more influential than comics. It's hard to get clean when you get dirty in a movie.
    That's exactly why people underrated storm sooo much because the movies simply did her dirty. I mean I get making her weaker than her comic book counter part to give shine to her other teammates, most charachters with the exception of jean and logan and magneto and Charles were nerfed to a degree, but with storm it was just soooo bad. Like they literally took a sky God and made her weaker than a toad! And showed her struggling against people whom realistically shouldnt even be able to come close to her. It was just embarrassing at a certain point. *sigh* I hate fox x-men sooo much.
    Last edited by Reigna; 04-16-2022 at 01:28 AM.

That's exactly why people underrated storm sooo much because the movies simply did her dirty. I mean I get making her weaker than her comic book counter part to give shine to her other teammates, most charachters with the exception of jean and logan and magneto and Charles were nerfed to a degree, but with storm it was just soooo bad. Like they literally took a sky God and made her weaker than a toad! And showed her struggling against people whom realistically shouldnt even be able to come close to her. It was just embarrassing at a certain point. *sigh* I hate fox x-men sooo much.
    Hey, don't feel bad about the dead franchise.

If not, ask dear Wanda to kill it once and for all.