Page 247 of 833 FirstFirst ... 147197237243244245246247248249250251257297347747 ... LastLast
Results 3,691 to 3,705 of 12488
    Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I see it as a great opportunity for more stories. Sure, Storm may not need it, but it is a good item that can come in handy if Storm ever were to be stripped of her powers in that same way again.
    Also, I don't see a problem with Storm having to mingle with Gods of other Origin. I do however believed it was a missed Opportunity when Uovu(God of Death) was introduced to us through her Kenyan Tribe. That didn't go anywhere.
    1: kittenheim did exactly that. From all accounts (and what I saw here) it was ****.

2: Unfortunately, lesser writers of very limited vision and imagination (like the aforementioned kittenheim and that Avengers writer) are just not interested in that kind of historical depth and exploration. And I'm good with that. If they can't do it properly...don't even bother because all I'll be getting is some superficial bull-faeces and I not here fuh dat.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    1: kittenheim did exactly that. From all accounts (and what I saw here) it was ****.

2: Unfortunately, lesser writers of very limited vision and imagination (like the aforementioned kittenheim and that Avengers writer) are just not interested in that kind of historical depth and exploration. And I'm good with that. If they can't do it properly...don't even bother because all I'll be getting is some superficial bull-faeces and I not here fuh dat.
    Yeah, Guggenhiem is by far the WORST Storm Writer ever. Yet, he himself stated he Loves Storm. LOL

Yeah, Guggenhiem is by far the WORST Storm Writer ever. Yet, he himself stated he Loves Storm. LOL
    That man loves Storm about as much as roaches love Raid.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

hmm-hmm.

You know who also loves Storm but never did one ass about fleshing out her mystical heritage? Claremont. A few hints here, some subtext there but nothing substantial or else you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

Coates try a ting but...that's what I meant about lacking interest because he clearly didn't read anything of what Claremont had hinted about Storm on her journey of self discovery from Egypt to Kenya and instead decided to tie her divinity to Wakanda and some made-up never-before seen-and-heard-of-since Orishas...wtf?

And that's why I may have an issue with anyone tying her to Norse mythology.
    Instead of rehashing myths and legends we all know like the back of our hands (because these are tales regurgitated over and over and over again)...how about investing time and effort and energy and imagination into actually researching her ancestral connection to Oshtur/Gaea/the Bright Lady and Why? All Claremont told us is that her line is favoured...Why? All we know is the power is passed down matrilinially with specific markers...white hair/blue eyes...How?

If they're not going to invest that time and energy to answer those questions...what's the fucking point? As Ewing inferred...just give me Storm doing Goddess-Level shyt and I'll be content.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 04-19-2022 at 06:37 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    HAHA. You ain't lying. I kinda feel bad for the Guy.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    hmm-hmm.

You know who also loves Storm but never did one ass about fleshing out her mystical heritage? Claremont. A few hints here, some subtext there but nothing substantial or else you and I wouldn't be having this conversation.

Coates try a ting but...that's what I meant about lacking interest because he clearly didn't read anything of what Claremont had hinted about Storm on her journey of self discovery from Egypt to Kenya and instead decided to tie her divinity to Wakanda and some made-up never-before seen-and-heard-of-since Orishas...wtf?

And that's why I may have an issue with anyone tying her to Norse mythology.
    Instead of rehashing myths and legends we all know like the back of our hands (because these are tales regurgitated over and over and over again)...how about investing time and effort and energy and imagination into actually researching her ancestral connection to Oshtur/Gaea/the Bright Lady and Why? All Claremont told us is that her line is favoured...Why? All we know is the power is passed down matrilinially with specific markers...white hair/blue eyes...How?

If they're not going to invest that time and energy to answer those questions...what's the fucking point? As Ewing inferred...just give me Storm doing Goddess-Level shyt and I'll be content.
    Eh, as much i'd like to disagree with you. You are telling the Truth. Grrrr LOL.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    lolol right. u silly. so loki made that stupid hammer in a quest for power. seeing it was destroyed the first time not sure why it came back and I believe Guggenheim has been the only writer to have her use it after Claremont had her rightfully destroy it. I would think even if it reappeared storm would REMRMBER loki is the god of lies and anything that comes from him cant be good and thus would steer clear of it. the other times she's used it just doesn't quite compute when we look at stormcaster origins
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yall this cover is sigh *eye roll*

Attachment 120266
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lol you so right but even if she were in close combat Abigail shouldn't be a match for ororo h2h. also a local positive pressure field around her would easily repel ms brand. lightning so unnecessary. but these covers are just thst covers and not necessarily indicative of what will b in the issue.
    Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    this cover really is not cute and not because storm getting hands laid on her. it just looks weird. the face, really that weird yellow eye throws everything off for me.
    HA! I love this cover! I would love for this conflict between them to culminate not only in a political and strategic victory for Storm/The Brotherhood, but a H2H fight with her and Brand could be epic. Abigail is quite skilled (enough to contend with Storm IMO) and had a good showing against a highly skilled martial artist (White Fox), even though she ultimately lost. It would be a good battle-test for Storm, similar to her fight with Shuri. I like it when Storm goes all “warrior honor” on us and, even if she could use her powers, chooses to fight H2H like with Marrow, Nightshade, Callisto, Khan or Shuri. But its a cover for now so we don’t know what we’ll get.

In either event I loved Ewing interview. I get where he is coming from with respect to level setting with readers, especially where he may go with Storm. After reading this It really reinforced my excitement with him being at the helm with Storm. I feel like he will give her great development, add meaningful and impactful agency to her character, and show what she dan do as a leader and influencer on a galactic stage. I also think he’ll write Storm’s powers and skills creatively. Dodging lightning and skillfully freezing a shapeshifter/power copy cat and chilling her blood is definitely headed in the right direction for me.

[QUOTE=Cyclone_Ablaze;6016382]Yeah, Guggenhiem is by far the WORST Storm Writer ever. Yet, he himself stated he Loves Storm.

Is he the writer responsible for this atrocity?storm1.jpg
    storm2.jpg
    storm3.jpg

HAHA. You ain't lying. I kinda feel bad for the Guy.

Eh, as much i'd like to disagree with you. You are telling the Truth. Grrrr LOL.
    It's rare we get hit with the double facts. lol. I'm shooketh.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Barthchrist01 View Post
    Where is it from
    I think the artist just did it and i lovees it. This and that Arthur Adam cover are just gorgeous.

If i had to say

Mirage would be Neptune
    Jane would be Jupiter
    Valkeyrie would be Venus
    sith would be Mars
    Storm would of course be Sailor Moon lol

There is no mercury in this image, trick question. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

[QUOTE=The Regent;6016533]
    Yeah, Guggenhiem is by far the WORST Storm Writer ever. Yet, he himself stated he Loves Storm.

Is he the writer responsible for this atrocity?storm1.jpg
    storm2.jpg
    storm3.jpg
    No, that dishonor goes to Bendis. Storm did horribly under both his run on Avengers and X-Men.

[QUOTE=Wind Rider;6016565]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post

No, that dishonor goes to Bendis. Storm did horribly under both his run on Avengers and X-Men.
    I guess what I'm really asking is what has Guggenhiem done that could possibly be worse for Storm than that run?
    Last edited by The Regent; 04-19-2022 at 09:45 PM.

Amazing Member

[QUOTE=Wind Rider;6016565]
    Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post

This is worst storm in history

[QUOTE=The Regent;6016570]
    Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

I guess what I'm really asking is what has Guggenhiem done that could possibly be worse for Storm than that run?
    You got me there. Between Fraction, Gillen, Bendis, & Guggenheim I am not sure who I would least want writing Storm between them. Lemire is up there too. She was horrific under all of them. Guggenheim though, but same can be said for Fraction and Gillen, were especially regressive and undermining to Storm's development and canon, and ignored the developments happening in other runs at that time.

To be fair to him I dont think it's a stretch when he says he loves storm. I mean we storm fans all love her deeply but we have differences in directions we want her to take. Some storm fans dont care for her godhead and just want to see her be matriach to the xmen leading them, some like it when she is the all powerful goddess omega, even the godhood some have differences some like the stormcaster and others like the hadari yao. And some like her best without her powers kicking ass in the streets and taking names. Even her love life there are differences we have those like me who wants her to be with a man tachala and a woman yukio simultaneously, some only care for tschsks some only care for yukio, some want storm and thor to happen, some are wolverine ride or die, some are forge storm enthusiasts.

All I am saying is maybe we interpret who is a storm fan based solely on our preference for storm to me I want tests best for her and sould love her to be goddess, omega, queen and leader of the x-men while also kicking ass. To another its too much and they just want her to be fighting with her knives with a flash of lightning here or there.
    Last edited by Reigna; 04-20-2022 at 01:21 AM.