Page 253 of 833 FirstFirst ... 153203243249250251252253254255256257263303353753 ... LastLast
Results 3,781 to 3,795 of 12488
    Incredible Member

some assert she is based upon her interactions with Yukio but she has not canonically been stated as being bisexual.[/QUOTE]

lol okay I was doing some research and marvel said no about her being bi. But I can see why some would think that.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Don’t mean to offend anyone

But is Storm bi ??? Lol I don’t think so but if you think so I would like to know the reasoning.
    You know...for all the times he's been quoted in interviews and articles I've never once heard it reported of anyone directly asking Claremont that question.

My personal take...
    No. She's not.

In Japan, she may have bonded closely with Yuriko in ways that go much deeper than platonic, that impacted her very soul but sexually...Storm likes and prefers men.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    With all due respect.But regardless of your preference, as far as I know storm is an XOffice character. Even though XOffice has been bad for Storm in the last 20 years, like a bad relationship.
    yes she is an xcharacter which is why it was a travesty that she was getting better treatment from other offices. things appear to be different now so that is good. nevertheless, it doesn't excuse xoffices appearing to write contrary stories to what the bp offices were doing. it just comes across really petty and juvenile.

lol okay I was doing some research and marvel said no about her being bi. But I can see why some would think that.

no worries.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    yes she is an xcharacter which is why it was a travesty that she was getting better treatment from other offices. things appear to be different now so that is good. nevertheless, it doesn't excuse xoffices appearing to write contrary stories to what the bp offices were doing. it just comes across really petty and juvenile.
    Oh, I'm sorry. I felt like I was being a little rude. I don't think it was directed at Storm, but XOffice has always ignored what other Offices have come up with.

some assert she is based upon her interactions with Yukio but she has not canonically been stated as being bisexual.

lol okay I was doing some research and marvel said no about her being bi. But I can see why some would think that.[/QUOTE]

Oh in canon? no no no. It's very incognito, kinda like if you dont look for it you won't find it. She and yukio were very good friends. One time when storm looked in a mirror to see her greatest desire she saw yukio. And her being with yukio. So you can take that as you will.

What you have to understand is that during that era when storm's charchter was in a constant state of flux and growth, claremoth and basically most writers couldn't explore themes they wanted with their heroes. Iceman like this was a playboy buy had some very subtle hints that he was queer, hints so well hidden you wont find it if you arent looking for it. same with storm and yukio and basically 90 percent of the x-men. Kurt was supposed to be the child of destiny and mystique with destiny being the mother and mystique the father, but that was never going to fly by editorial. So he built the rouge mystique destiny found family plot instead because that was easier to hide. It's just two good friends raising a kid who was on the street.

After his run, storm's charachter was basically in a state of decline. all the progress was actively being undone or ignored by writers to further their own agendas. Hence why many wont see a queer reading of storm today as even a remote possibility. But like I said of you are looking for something you will often see it.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

I think after Storm's huge clash with Vulcan and victory, the voices questioning Storm's strength should be quieted down.
    Yeah, once Storm beats the Breaks off Vulcan we may see a big shift in the respect of Storm.

But I think we should also stay humble because there are a great people that can still beat Storm even if she does beat Vulcan.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    At this point I dont even care anymore... someone said to me that sunfire is far more powerful than storm and I asked why and they said storm's most powerful attack is lightning which at max is 50 thousand degrees and sunfire can heat plasma to 1 million degrees. To be honest l didnt retort, I simply nodded in agreement cause at this point it might as well be true, lol. I didnt bring omega or terraforming or any other feat because they all seem very one note compared to the lightning. So I let them have that victory.
    Sunfire is actually a good Opponent for Storm to fight. In fact I'd argue they pretty much equal in power. And that he is a potential Omega Lvl mutant more powerful than Johnny Storm. The man also can absorb electromagnetic and Solar Energy too. Storm can do the same thing.

Oh, I'm sorry. I felt like I was being a little rude. I don't think it was directed at Storm, but XOffice has always ignored what other Offices have come up with.
    yes but something seemed different.

examples:

-Coates had ororo and tchalla rekindle their relationship
    -Guggenheim in the issue released in parallel to the BP issue showed Storm and gambit kissing randomly.
    -Coates makes ororo a goddess, showing the faith of wakandans give her boost in power.
    -Guggenheim has uovu proclaim its silly to think that gods need faith for power.
    -Coates creates series of stories with other writers (Shuri, Rise of the Panther, Black Panther and the Crew, Black Panther, etc.) show Ororo and tchalla working together lovingly in a manner to repair their relationship after their annulled marriage.
    -Xoffices has Vita write one story that appeared to undo all what Coates had done.

its one thing to ignore, its a whole other thing to go out of your way to make stories meant to contradict what another writer is doing.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Oooh Very Interesting.

Can't wait to see this Shit go down.
    Quote Originally Posted by loke13 View Post
    The heck does BEYOND OMEGA mean? Lol let's not bring back terms like that again.
    Basically, being "Beyond Omega" is just someone who can not only affect the Universe, but on a Multiversal Scale really.

But honestly we should not worry about WHO is "Omega" or "A God/Goddess" or "Beyond Omega" because every characters powers fluctuates ALL the time. It's impossible to try and rate who is more stronger and powerful than who.

yes but something seemed different.

examples:

-Coates had ororo and tchalla rekindle their relationship
    -Guggenheim in the issue released in parallel to the BP issue showed Storm and gambit kissing randomly.
    -Coates makes ororo a goddess, showing the faith of wakandans give her boost in power.
    -Guggenheim has uovu proclaim its silly to think that gods need faith for power.
    -Coates creates series of stories with other writers (Shuri, Rise of the Panther, Black Panther and the Crew, Black Panther, etc.) show Ororo and tchalla working together lovingly in a manner to repair their relationship after their annulled marriage.
    -Xoffices has Vita write one story that appeared to undo all what Coates had done.

its one thing to ignore, its a whole other thing to go out of your way to make stories meant to contradict what another writer is doing.
    From what you're saying, Guggenheim really doesn't like BP Offices.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yeah, once Storm beats the Breaks off Vulcan we may see a big shift in the respect of Storm.

But I think we should also stay humble because there are a great people that can still beat Storm even if she does beat Vulcan.

If Storm wins, I just think we should celebrate the moment.

From what you're saying, Guggenheim really doesn't like BP Offices.
    hmmm. im not sure he didn't like the bp offices. I asked him personally did he think storm was a real goddess and he said no. he also told me that a lot of the stuff we see her do outside of weather, such as her energy sight, were retcoms. so he viewed her differently than how the bp offices were handling her.. maybe it was a coincidence what i observed but I find that to be highly unlikely.
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-21-2022 at 11:25 AM.

hmmm. im not sure he didn't like the bp offices. I asked him personally did he think storm was a real goddess and he said no. he also told me that a lot of the stuff we see her do outside of weather, such as her energy sight, were retcoms. I hate to speculate on someone's motives so I won't do that but the things that transpired then I believe do speak for itself.
    Ah, looks like he's just a writer with his own opinion on Storm, even if it's not a good one.

Didn't mean to offend.As far as I know storm is an XOffice character. Even though XOffice has been bad for Storm in the last 20 years, like a bad relationship.
    I'd say she's been bad for both Offices: BP Office and the X-Office. And the reality is neither Office do not have to follow each other's work if it doesn't fit their story. And that's entirely on the Marvel Editorial.

If Storm wins, I just think we should celebrate the moment.
    OF COURSE!!! I'm not saying we shouldn't. Beating Vulcan is a BIG Win for Storm.

Actually, let's NOT be humble. Rub in their FACES!!!!!
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 04-21-2022 at 11:27 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I'd say she's been bad for both Offices: BP Office and the X-Office. And the reality is neither Office do not have to follow each other's work if it doesn't fit their story. And that's entirely on the Marvel Editorial.

OF COURSE!!! I'm not saying we shouldn't. Beating Vulcan is a BIG Win for Storm.
    lol Once again, love of Marvel comics is toxic.

Ah, looks like he's just a writer with his own opinion on Storm, even if it's not a good one.
    yes. it does show u how scary things can be based upon a writers view of your favorite. imagine if we had another writer like this now instead of Ewing. imagine if we get a writer like this after Ewing... opinions of writers matter and it could mean the life or death of them in terms of their characterization.