Page 273 of 833 FirstFirst ... 173223263269270271272273274275276277283323373773 ... LastLast
Results 4,081 to 4,095 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Very Interesting. My 1st introduction to Storm was the Animated Series, then I saw the Fox Movies and then decided to Read ALL of X-Men Books(Highly Recomend you do) then saw more representation of Storm onscreen: Wolverine and the X-Men, Anime X-Men ETC ETC. But yes, you are right. Storm has not have had a GOOD onscreen representation of herself and I dare say the Animated Series only increased her Popularity. Because truth be told Storm in the Animated series was not exactly the Storm in the Comics.

The Foxmen said she can Manipulate the Weather. The Animated Series flat out said that Storm can "control" the weather.
    At some point I would like to say if they know they cant do it well they should just not do it at all. But I know that is selfish of me because there are many black kids who need storm. Ororo is a phenomenon that is what one must feel when she is on screen. A god a living breathing deity. A woman who is just as human as she is divine. There must be a feel of mystery to her an air of unknowability. Yet a very dependable foundation.

No single adaptation has got that right. Its sooo bad and nasty that I am very anxious anytime I hear they are bringing the xmen to the mcu, cause i know they ate very sure to fuck it up. People say it's the mcu so they should be fine but they have botched charachters before we must forget about them easily.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    At some point I would like to say if they know they cant do it well they should just not do it at all. But I know that is selfish of me because there are many black kids who need storm. Ororo is a phenomenon that is what one must feel when she is on screen. A god a living breathing deity. A woman who is just as human as she is divine. There must be a feel of mystery to her an air of unknowability. Yet a very dependable foundation.

No single adaptation has got that right. Its sooo bad and nasty that I am very anxious anytime I hear they are bringing the xmen to the mcu, cause i know they ate very sure to fuck it up. People say it's the mcu so they should be fine but they have botched charachters before we must forget about them easily.
    I will say I’m confident the MCU will definitely make a better X-Men movie than Fox. That much I’m sure. Although, yes the MCU has changed a lot they grabbing bits and pieces from multiple comics and different runs. But so can you say that the MCU as a WHOLE is bad? Probably, not they making money. But you do have every right to feel that way because it’s the unknown that’s killing us.

I will say I’m confident the MCU will definitely make a better X-Men movie than Fox. That much I’m sure. Although, yes the MCU has changed a lot they grabbing bits and pieces from multiple comics and different runs. But so can you say that the MCU as a WHOLE is bad? Probably, not they making money. But you do have every right to feel that way because it’s the unknown that’s killing us.
    The unknown and the consistent botching of storm in every adaptation of her from the comics on tv and in movies. Like it's almost uncanny how much they get her wrong in these projects almost as if they do not read the comics before doing an xmen project and just go to wiki fandom.

It's all that which leads me to feel the way I feel. Because the track record is tooo one way. Maybe the mcu will be the lightning in the bottle (pun intended). Because Goddess knows that black kids need and deserve a bad ass omega level storm in all her divine glory. And not whatever Halle and Alexandria was.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I'm going to take the easy answer -- Isca
    Oooops I read this Wrong.

1. The Reality Warpers.
    2. Exodus
    3. Tarn
    Cant? Oh damn well thos is going to be controversial.

1. The reality warpers .... I love storm she is op but weather vs reality, reality is bigger. But storm could hax them of quick enough. Same with hope and mr M. Their domain as at now per storm's powerset is bigger. I am on the fence about vulcan and we will get an answer to that in a few weeks. I am also on the fence about exodus. Iceman will he a difficult opponent for her due to all his recent power ups. He wont get koed by lightning anymore. But she can win if she is willing to be drastic enough.

2. With the exception of exodus who to me is a coin toss and hope, yeah storm can beat all of them. Apocalypse will also be a challenge but she can just make up for it with overwhelming power which she has over him. Like magneto did in age of apocalypse.

3. Isca is the first, then tarn if we are going by omega level ability, if lactuca is a spatial manipulator like manifold but omega yeah she will easily defeat storm. Aside that i dont think there is anyone who can beat her on the great ring. Idyl doesnt seem to like fighting as tarn could silence her easily and we haven't yet seen ora serrata.

why can't iceman get ko'd by lightning anymore? she did it that one time when superfine referred to iceman as omega level mutates.

all of your other responses seem fair and spot on.

Quote Originally Posted by Rev9 View Post
    1.Legion
    2.Exodus
    3.Isca

to all it seem exodus is the common character that can't be beaten by storm. why is this? what about his powers wouldn't storm be able to counter? isca i get because she literally can't lose lol.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

The unknown and the consistent botching of storm in every adaptation of her from the comics on tv and in movies. Like it's almost uncanny how much they get her wrong in these projects almost as if they do not read the comics before doing an xmen project and just go to wiki fandom.

It's all that which leads me to feel the way I feel. Because the track record is tooo one way. Maybe the mcu will be the lightning in the bottle (pun intended). Because Goddess knows that black kids need and deserve a bad ass omega level storm in all her divine glory. And not whatever Halle and Alexandria was.
    Yeah, I hear ya. You make a good point.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    why can't iceman get ko'd by lightning anymore? she did it that one time when superfine referred to iceman as omega level mutates.

all of your other responses seem fair and spot on.

to all it seem exodus is the common character that can't be beaten by storm. why is this? what about his powers wouldn't storm be able to counter? isca i get because she literally can't lose lol.
    Because Iceman can reform from his body being busted into multiples pieces. And can duplicate himself multiple times. Getting Hit by Lighting should not negate that fact.

Exodus is just OP like Vulcan is. Exodus has the Power of Telekinesis and Telepathy. The Man single handedly Beat the breaks off the X-Men AND Avengers at the same time. Was able to hold off the Eternal Sersi.

Edit: I do believe Storm can beat Vulcan, but I also, believe Storm can't beat Vulcan as well. It's 50/50 for me.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 04-30-2022 at 02:31 PM.

Yeah, I hear ya. You make a good point.

Because Iceman can reform from his body being busted into multiples pieces. And can duplicate himself multiple times. Getting Hit by Lighting should not negate that fact.

Exodus is just OP like Vulcan is. Exodus has the Power of Telekinesis and Telepathy. The Man single handedly Beat the breaks off the X-Men AND Avengers at the same time. Was able to hold off the Eternal Sersi.

Edit: I do believe Storm can beat Vulcan, but I also, believe Storm can't beat Vulcan as well. It's 50/50 for me.
    he can still be ko'd in the form like here:

he was knocked out after the tornadoes caught him too.

oh ok that makes sense about exodus lol. but if she can beat Vulcan shouldn't she theoretically be able to beat exodus?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 04-30-2022 at 02:45 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

What issue?

I swear that's just a mental limit Bobby has. It makes zero - ZERO - sense for him to be KOed in icemode by physical means. Like my guy, you can literally lay on top of a land mine and be a-ok, yet get dropped by a lightning bolt? To me this is right up there with Storm being hurt by lightning/electrical attacks.

I once read he de-powered himself during M-Day so clearly it's well within his mental abilities to hold himself back.

I hope that if Storm ever gets her elemental form that she doesn't suffer from such foolishness.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

he can still be ko'd in the form like here:

oh ok that makes sense about exodus lol. but if she can beat Vulcan shouldn't she theoretically be able to beat exodus?
    You are using a Low Showing of Iceman. Because Iceman has been evaporated, shattered to millions of pieces and still be able to reform himself as shown below.

0NxsCh8.jpg
    JxdPTfW.jpg
    MYcDjwt.jpg

Iceman getting KO'ed by Lightning is a Bad Showing of the Characters abilities. Just how we fight tooth and nail when Storm get's harmed by Lightning the same Logic applies here.

In regards to the Exodus Comment, No not necessarily. We still don't know if Storm is going to beat Vulcan, yet. She has potential to. Also, just because you Beat Opponent A doesn't exactly mean your guarantee to Beat Opponent B-D.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    I swear that's just a mental limit Bobby has. It makes zero - ZERO - sense for him to be KOed in icemode by physical means. Like my guy, you can literally lay on top of a land mine and be a-ok, yet get dropped by a lightning bolt? To me this is right up there with Storm being hurt by lightning/electrical attacks.

I once read he de-powered himself during M-Day so clearly it's well within his mental abilities to hold himself back.

I hope that if Storm ever gets her elemental form that she doesn't suffer from such foolishness.

what if.... and im reaching here... there are some mystical elements albeit latent that attacks not just physical form but spirit that allows him to be ko'd. like when her lightning was able to break through the crimson bands of cyttorak.

and that's if she ever gets her elemental form.. lol

Storm can get beat by any character and can beat any character imo. Just depends on the writing. Isca for instance, depending on how her powers work Storm could use her energy sight and change the flow of it perhaps messing up the results.

Reality warpers she can continuously effect the real world around them like she did with Post making it nearly impossible for them to use their reality warping abilities effectively or flash freeze their brain in seconds.

So if we are going to go ultimates or what not any character can beat any character at anytime. The thing is making it make sense and seem reasonable.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post

LOL you said the Exact words that I just posted. HAHAH

Yeah that is a bad showing of Bobby getting harmed by Lighting when he's been hit by worse and was able to reform his body.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Storm can get beat by any character and can beat any character imo. Just depends on the writing. Isca for instance, depending on how her powers work Storm could use her energy sight and change the flow of it perhaps messing up the results.

Reality warpers she can continuously effect the real world around them like she did with Post making it nearly impossible for them to use their reality warping abilities effectively or flash freeze their brain in seconds.

So if we are going to go ultimates or what not any character can beat any character at anytime. The thing is making it make sense and seem reasonable.
    This is TRUE. Although, there are some match ups that you can defiantly say X character wins without a doubt. And then some there are hard to actually determine a winner.
    Last edited by Cyclone_Ablaze; 04-30-2022 at 03:02 PM.

what if.... and im reaching here... there are some mystical elements albeit latent that attacks not just physical form but spirit that allows him to be ko'd. like when her lightning was able to break through the crimson bands of cyttorak.

Or she could theoretically keep iceman from gathering the moisture he needs to reconstitute. I mean she should be able to simply evaporate every drop of moisture so he has not a spit to gather.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Or she could theoretically keep iceman from gathering the moisture he needs to reconstitute. I mean she should be able to simply evaporate every drop of moisture so he has not a spit to gather.
    Iceman has already been Evaporated and he was able to still reconstitute himself.

Storm breaking the Crimson Bands could also, be argued as sheer Force. Because it's been shown that enough Force you can break those Bands.

Quote Originally Posted by BlkGldBlu View Post
    Spoke with the friends and family.

We decided MCU Storm should be a runaway Kenya priestess, on a journey in America to explore her father's homeland.she a freelance photographer because of her father but really dubs as a high class thief, searching for her mother's ruby. Add Shadow King high class telepathic crime lord, with missing children soldiers or what not. Responsible for Ororo parents death.
    Brilliant adaptation!
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.