Page 3 of 833 FirstFirst 12345671353103503 ... LastLast

Good for storm then that her followers aren't limited to wakanda. She has followers throughout Africa and now in the shiar and skrulls too. I always get a good laugh out of what people consider canon and what they don't. Like one second they go so and so issue isn't canon but then they go but I don't respect the canon of a retcon in like official avengers or other books in 616 . Lmao. Can't have it both ways.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Yeah Storms admirers and fanclub definitely isnt limited to Wakanda. Shes being setup to be a universal known and revered name.

Spectacular Member

Happy New Year!

What I would like in 2022 is for Storm to move past being a symbol and being a central character with depth and a story worth telling and exploring again. Last year was big for her as she got some prominence and literally was decorated with all of the BEST OF labels one can carry. Now that marvel and the x office have symbolically recognized her importance, I would love for her to get the attention she truly is worthy of. Considering that she is NOT a major player in the main X story is strike number one, but also perhaps an opportunity for her to branch out and create something of note in XMen Red. I can't for the life of me understand why Marvel continues to throw away a character that's a guarantee in favor of propping up other characters that's been one rescue away from nothing more than a footnote. It makes all the label spewing seem quite hollow. For all her power, she still seems to be taking a back seat to just about all of the major players. Storm is more than just a powerful mutant. She is also a smart and resourceful woman, with leadership and field experience. It's been years since she's truly felt like more than a symbolically important member. I won't complain too much because recent stories have been far better than the past in at least recognizing her as a powerhouse. But I'm reading for her to be important again too. If you're going to put her face on everything, you might as well make her an integral part of the plot too.

Sorry, my response made me think of a question. Is Storm not a fit for the X Men anymore? I ask simply because I think of the pettiness and in house drama surrounding much of the main X Men story right now, and while Storm is definitely all about uplifting the mutant population, I can see her being quite above all the pettiness and manipulations of the current tribe lol. What are your thoughts?
    Last edited by Sdawg; 01-01-2022 at 11:12 PM.

Storm didn't just happen upon that tribe in the desert. Most of her worshipers we're word of mouth. People she saved while being an continent mutant terrorist/Vigilante/Goddess.
    People who knew of the legend of the Windriders.

It seems to me everyone knew exactly what Ororo was and worship accordingly. Which is why Everytime she is worship she always say it feels right. No wonder she was able to carve out a oasis in the Desert and protected her people without interference from the outside world.

Now, all it took was some random from America with no knowledge of magick. Mystics, or God's, to roll up on her and was like gurl you crazy, what's this goddess mess, you must be confused, it's called a :::Claps:::: "Mutant!" "X!" "Gene!"

Just for her to return to the motherland and haveTchalla and Wakanda go
    "Did you forget where you came from"
    What did the telepath do to you"
    "You know there's a me too movement you can join Ororo you are not alone"
    "This Xaiver Character needs to be stop"
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 01-02-2022 at 06:33 AM.

Astonishing Member Celestialbodies's Avatar

All praise, Hadari Yao!! Happy New Years!!

Incredible Member

That’s not how her divinity works in my opinion. Storm unlocked her godhead when she stopped Adversary’s otherworldly Storm. The citizens wasn’t actively praying to her. They had faith in her. She unlocked that potential. However she ascended to godhood when Wakanda was directly praying to her to defeat Adversary.

Storm as the databook says naturally turns faith, hopes, loves and etc into power. But as seen genuflecting to her increases her power massively into godhood.

I don't quite understand if X-Men Red is a commercial title, or will be a team in the Mars / Arakko setting, or will focus more on galactic subjects like Guardians of the Galaxy. But like everyone else here, I'm really excited to see Storm in action again, compared to SWORD, the storyline for this title was pretty slow, but I understand that Al Ewing was adding terrains, he's the type of writer who puts up subjects and elements so that in the future he can explore them (we have a great example of this from Mysterium, Kirbons particles, and Tarnn's talk that Ororo could be Ameth's..)

Even more than the issues releases take a long time, which ends up frustrating me a little, but on the other hand Storm was stunning in every moment of SWORD, but I don't want her to be just that, with iconic moments and effect phrases (I'm not criticizing and not complaining, even because he made good use of his powers), I trust Al Ewing he seems to love the Storm a lot, which relieves me, and has an interest in Storm's divinity, quite unlike some writers who just say and they say Storm is powerful and "omega of omegas", but when given the opportunity to show or innovate in the use of their powers, they don't. And at least Al Ewing has the will and the courage to push the Storm further and further.

But of course it's not all about her either, I want to know more about the Arakkis, and for Ororo to create a real connection with them, and not just this superficiality of "Queens and her subjects", they need to really get to know her, And vice versa, I also don't want the Arakkis to be summed up as just a nation that has been hardened by the time of wars, it seems like they're just a barbarian people compared to Krakoa.

From the interview Al Ewing gave to the AIPT, I know that sometime in 2022 we will see Hadari Yao once more, considering he said he will continue with what Coates started, I feel that at some point Storm will use Arakko's faith to sustain her (Not that she needs to, but it's more in the sense of the story and plot of the title), as I once said, I think so far they've thought of her as a "Wind-rider", a fierce female mutant and warrior, but not a true Goddess.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormultt Divine View Post
    Yeah Storms admirers and fanclub definitely isnt limited to Wakanda. Shes being setup to be a universal known and revered name.
    That would be an interesting turn of events. Storm becomes cosmic God, like X'Hal in DC.
    Some of us wait, some of us act.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I am looking forward to finding out WHY Storm is the Regent of Mars and Voice of Sol. Why does she want the job? Why does she think she's suited for it? How did she get it? I think it's shameful that it's nearly been half a year since she became VOS and we still have zero answers to those questions. That interview from awhile ago didn't help either.

The main thing I am looking forward to is also just Storm in a cosmic setting. It's new territory for her and can lead to tons of interactions with that part of the Marvel universe. I think tptb aren't interested in Storm having a significant role in the main Krakoa story unfortunately so the space portion is what I have to settle with.
    Agreed. Ewing planted a very interesting scene of a clearly challenging fight Ororo endured to become Regent, but I am curious what happened that lead up to that. What was said and with whom that lead her to pursue the role, and what does she plan to do with it.

Quote Originally Posted by Su_Whisterfield View Post
    Coipel hits it out of the ball park, again…
    Gorgeous! What I would give for him to hanle the interior for a Storm focused story.

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    X-Men Red: I would HOPE that this is what Ewing was talking about when he said "I'm writing a very powerful version of Storm... with the goddess cred from BP..." I believe what we got from SWORD was just teasers of his version of Storm. I'm not a writer by any stretch, but I can imagine it's hard to try and split the focus between two such big personalities of Brand and Storm all within 25 or so pages. I expect that since Red will focus on Storm, we'll get to see more of her role AND her inner voice. I think I've said it before but if not I'll say it again! This to my knowledge is the best position Storm has ever been in. Not just in terms of power and potential feats, but in the sheer amount of character development that can happen AND the character connections that can spring from this. The potential rogue gallery that can spring from this!

Immortal X-Men: I'll wait and see for this. My opinion of Gillen's Storm is so low it's not worth me wasting the few minutes it would take type my hope for his version of Storm.

What I would like to see happen (hopefully under Ewing's hand since I trust him):

-Elemental form/Godly physicals - Opens the door for Storm to really get down and dirty with enemies who have far above human physicals and actually survive. In absence of that then a really deep dive into her using her powers to form defensive barriers. Air pressure, EM shields, hell, gravity shields, the sky really isn't the limit anymore for her!

-Springing from an elemental form - Transportation. I get that Krakoan flowers have no range limit, but someone actually has to plant the first flower to the destination. As Storm pointed out, her people above all else will respect her more for doing things under her own power. Now imagine if you will that at the end of a meeting Storm gets called to Shi'ar space. Her fan-girl Xandria offers Storm a ship but she turns it down and using perhaps a combination of her divinity and mutant powers, creates a wormhole to teleport herself there. I think it's safe to say at this point that Xandria is a ardent follower of the Hadari Yao. It would be nice for Storm to have a scene where she can sense Xandria's or any of her worshippers location and be there for them in an instant. Like Bishop said, who needs an angel when you have a Goddess watching over you.

-Diving into what makes her HER - Slowly but surly I'm making my way through the more classic issues of X-Men with an emphasis on Storm, and the biggest night and day difference is her personality. Pre-Hickman/Ewing I don't even think it was the same character being written. Storm is finally starting to get that Claremont edge back to her and a solid backbone! Calling out Magneto and damn near "SMITE ME OH MIGHTY SMITER"ing Doom was a refreshing breath of air to her and CLEALRY an ice cold bucket of "WTF" to some others. #HumbleHerself

-Rogues Gallery - I can't speak for anyone else but I think one of if not THE biggest drawback against Storm's character is that she has no enemies worthy of her power. And not even her out and out full power. I mean even just your normal-mode story Storm. Callisto? Shadow King,... am I missing anyone? She has no real threats coming her way that even the most ignorant comic fan couldn't see Storm winning in a few pages let alone a issue or an arc. I touched on it at the beginning of my post but I really hope Ewing expands on this subject. And not just new characters that are featless and "nameless" but characters that exist and have some easy name recognition.

-Ancestry/Godhood - I'd love for this to be explored in FULL effect over various stories across different books featuring Storm and other prominent magical characters. Why is Storm's bloodline favored by Oshtur? Is the Hadari Yao (Storm's bloodline?) a vessel for Oshtur's power on Earth when the need arises? Is Storm on equal footing with Oshtur in terms of ultimate potential? Does Storm still pray to the Bright lady/Gaia? Is Storm's ultra-tight grip on self imposed limits and her humanity sort of a safe guard put in by Oshtur to keep Storm from being human and actually becoming corrupt?

Ok, that's enough for now!
    Great response. I love your ideas. We align on many of them. The points I most agree on:

- Storm needs some credible rogues that are unique suited to challenge her. Orbis Stellaris and the Lethal Legion could be a nice start, and I think we will see how Orbis used their last battle to prep for the next one. But one thing I would add that other team book and solo heroes outside of the X-Verse get that she and X-Men rarely do - is get tested against rogues that have been battle-tested/proven. A rogue is respected in terms of power, skill, tactics, etc. that can compete in ways that would push Storm. It's like we've seen IW take on Doom solo (even the Avengers) or Monica Rambeau prove herself against olympian gods. Storm needs some match up along those lines.

- Use her agency in a way that has impact. Storm is 'involved' in events in varying degrees, but it has been decades since she has been an agent of change. She is the former Queen of Wakanda and a clear political and protective ally. She is a member of both the QC and The Great Ring. She is the Regent of Arakko and the Voice of Sol. She is a highly respected hero on earth and respected diplomatic ally of the Shiar. I don't see Storm wasting all of these connections by not using them in ways that matter to her. If she is to lead the defensive forces of the Sol System I want to see her make use of her agency and connections that shows that is not only a powerful and skilled warrior in the combat arena, but she is also just as capable as a visionary leader.

This is of course in addition to what we get from Red whenever Brand's betrayal comes to light, but speaking more for where these titles she holds takes in her in the long term.

- Power Development - More defensive applications mainly. I love the powerful and deadly displays of power, especially when applied skillfully and with strategic intelligence (Orbis Stellaris did not see Storm manipulating air pressure to cause their army of cyborgs to explode, which was epic). But I would also like to see Storm's electric shield or compressed air shield become a standard part of her combat use. I don't want to see it offset her prowess in combat like a crutch, but as an augmentation to her overall effectiveness.

I also hope for more combat intelligence, like we saw in SWORD, being a standard application for all X-Men writing. I feel like Ewing demonstrated that well in the Last Annihilation. Like I hate seeing seasoned combat veterans dumbed down/nerfed to play out a fight a specific way for story purposes vs characters showing they know how to use their powers and skills intelligently, even if they still lose (someone can always have a bad day/moment but not because they're an idiot).

LMAO on the bold. 100% agreed and we need a LOT MORE of that PLEASE!

All-New Member

I’m not sure if this has been discussed here before so I apologize if I’m repeating a previously discussed topic.

But how would you all feel about Claremont writing a Storm solo? I know a lot of X-Fans aren’t a fan of his work post 1991.

Quote Originally Posted by prof.e View Post
    I’m not sure if this has been discussed here before so I apologize if I’m repeating a previously discussed topic.

But how would you all feel about Claremont writing a Storm solo? I know a lot of X-Fans aren’t a fan of his work post 1991.
    I still love me some claremont but at most i would want him to do a series that fills in the blanks now that we know Storm is a true goddess. Like perhaps a Storm unlimited. I think we are beyond the point of where he left Storm and got ahead of what he could offer, it's just a matter of a writer respecting where she is now and moving her forward.

I think Vita would do a good storm solo. I think Ewing would do a great Storm ultimates like book. The one writer i feel should get another chance at a storm solo though is Greg Pak. He would be my #1 pic because as a writer he had that love and forward thinking on Storm when it wasn't that popular i'm sure at marvel. And his solo was saddled during the cloud days and he still tried and succeeded in making it interesting.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-03-2022 at 02:20 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

In 2022 I want Storm to remain in space and explore more in the name of diplomacy. I'd like to see her come to the defense of a planet under her jurisdiction or even heal a dying world, basically gaining the respect of the galaxy. With her being away from earth and a team setting greater feats are inevitable.
    Last edited by The Regent; 01-03-2022 at 03:31 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    In 2022 I want Storm to remain in space and explore more in the name of diplomacy. I'd like to see her come to the defense of a planet under her jurisdiction or even heal a dying world, basically gaining the respect of the galaxy. With her being away from earth and a team setting greater feats are inevitable.
    This! and that's why it's hard to think of Storm in terms of solo now because she is regent of a solar system so when i think in terms of solo i'm thinking 50% storm 50% her cast of characters that include her staff, her people, etc etc. Storm for all intents and purposes is at the point where she could truly become a franchise and that's part of the reason i don't think Claremont would be the right writer to move her forward.

Or even a true modern royal in the MU. Storm is the first character in forever that when i think of i now think in terms of Doom/Tchalla/Thor/Namor because for all intents and purposes with Arrako and Sol she is basically at that level now for mutants. It's kind of cool to see.
    Last edited by jwatson; 01-03-2022 at 03:38 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

I hope Clermont Gambit does well. Cause than maybe he can leverage a Storm solo.
    And as for the entire team of X-writer an editors, they better be picking his brain on all things Storm and remastering their blue print that make Ororo who she is and where amazing future stories will come from