Page 312 of 833 FirstFirst ... 212262302308309310311312313314315316322362412812 ... LastLast
Results 4,666 to 4,680 of 12488

Heck spiderman can make a webbing that is impossible to take off , shoot someone in the face and most people will suffocate and die as they just get sticker and sticker trying to get the webbing off. Tony can just queue up his armor to take over someone else how it goes on his body and just detonate it killing most. Storm could use her pressure feat to literally crush most characters without hulk level invunerability or a whole room full of heroes. Heck of Storm wanted she just could simply remove all the pressure and let the oceans boil.

I don't need to see those things but i know they are well within each of those heroes wheel box.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-12-2022 at 04:42 AM.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Its not that we are under selling storm... I for one strongly believe storm is just as powerful if not more powerful in the raw power department considering her heritage omega mutant and a god. It's just that wanda has gotten sooo many buffs and her powers have been fleshed out in ways that are absolutely unrecognisable from her counterpart decades ago. Meanwhile storm is still doing more of the same with few feats here and there. She is not developing her abilities as much as she should.

I mean take the two weather gods of marvel storm and thor and pit them against wanda. I will easily say thor vs wanda will go to thor because of just how potent his weather manipulation is. He has demonstrated the ability to affect space and time with his weather abilities and can shake the very foundations of an entire universe with his power. Yes he is not the most versatile of the two but unlike storm his raw power is constantly on display for almost to see. Meanwhile we get storm who basically is given just two things to do always throw lightning or blow wind. And many times its not that effective against the opponent all this is done in the name of letting the others shine too.

That's why no matter how much you argue storm is stronger than thor or even on his level, no thor fan will agree or even take you seriously. Because ororo is simply not depicted as an uber powerhouse most of the time and mostly when she gets her licks in it's done in a very underwhelming setting.

Wanda has been since hom and avx given the pheonix treatment. She is always stated to be to embody a power which is just as powerful if not close to the pheonix force. And as at Trial of Magneto chaos magic is now a pheonix force knock off. Meanwhile ororo who can casually hold the very essence of all existence within her has barely gotten so much as a mention in that direction aside for coates.
    I'm sick of the stereotype that Storm isn't strong, but on the comic side there's almost no 21st century plot that anyone really cares about, and on the movie side we have the damn Foxmen.

We didn't get Red until recently, and haven't even seen issue 2 yet. And the film and television side is completely out of reach. Damn, the lack of Red made me negative.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I kind of get what your saying but i kind of disagree. I know what storm is capable of because i've read it so it is underselling to compare her to someone else unfavorably imo just because you need to SEE it, or see it surpass what you feel someone else can do. But if storm was fighting them and needed to be at their level she is just as capable so the rest is just undercutting Storm based on supposed "feats". which honestly feats don't do anything for me if it doesn't have meaning despite being nice to see. I base it down to what the powers actually are and what characters should be capable of as its mainly just speculation anyone way speaking of these who would win against who. Another reason receipts are pointless. And i could honestly care less what other fans think of Storm level as that wasn't the question it was who could beat who. These questions feel like they always go down a negative path of limiting thought.

Especially when the true answer i again, any character can be written beat anybody it's about making it believable. If Storm hit's someone with a Tsunade reverse electrical pathways most are down for the count. IF she fries their brain most are down for the count, if she freezes it, drown it, pulls all the oxegan out of it, if she puts someone in an instant f5 tornado and rips all the skin off their body. If she starts a tornado in their head. If she uses the elements in their body to create a violent storm. IF she takes the oxegon out of their blood, the mositure out of their body, drowns them from the inside. those are just a few basic things most can't survive despite their "levels".
    Except wanda cant die...like do you not know just how broken scarlet witch is now? As of darkhold omega she has the total power of not only the darkhold but also the elder god chthon. In trial of magneto it is literally stated she transcends death and time and is The master of infinite possibility. Chaos magic is the oldest and most primal form of magic and the very essence of life itself. Wanda controls that! Storm's mystical divinge heritage has not been given as much depth as it should so we dont even know if it scales to or even above chaos magic. All we know is her heritage is older than time and it stretches to the dawn of life itself... that's all.

nothing storm has in her arsenal currently can overshadow Wanda's buffs considering most writers think her arsenal is only lightning and wind. Yes she can shut down wanda's nervous system but again wanda can literally not die she will just come back and for good measure just rewrite reality to suit her needs for the battle. Killing Wanda's body isnt enough anymore to stop her you need to literally destroy her spirit and since she is not an elder goddess incarnate, unless they demonstrate that storm can destroy the very essence of something as powerful as an elder god, I will believe she can annihilate wanda but as at now, no she cant. And its not just I want to see it she really literally cant.

And for strange I believe she can take him if she is not holding back. But wanda is a whole different beast like it isnt even funny.

Except wanda cant die...like do you not know just how broken scarlet witch is now? As of darkhold omega she has the total power of not only the darkhold but also the elder god chthon. In trial of magneto it is literally stated she transcends death and time and is The master of infinite possibility. Chaos magic is the oldest and most primal form of magic and the very essence of life itself. Wanda controls that! Storm's mystical divinge heritage has not been given as much depth as it should so we dont even know if it scales to or even above chaos magic. All we know is her heritage is older than time and it stretches to the dawn of life itself... that's all.

nothing storm has in her arsenal currently can overshadow Wanda's buffs considering most writers think her arsenal is only lightning and wind. Yes she can shut down wanda's nervous system but again wanda can literally not die she will just come back and for good measure just rewrite reality to suit her needs for the battle. Killing Wanda's body isnt enough anymore to stop her you need to literally destroy her spirit and since she is not an elder goddess incarnate, unless they demonstrate that storm can destroy the very essence of something as powerful as an elder god, I will believe she can annihilate wanda but as at now, no she cant. And its not just I want to see it she really literally cant.

And for strange I believe she can take him if she is not holding back. But wanda is a whole different beast like it isnt even funny.
    Ummm i did actually read Darkhold and it was a great story and yes wanda is uber powerful but at the end of the day these characters are still slave to the pen. so it's just not logical to assume feats = a win or lost. It truly doesn't matter in the end as the character won't just take on a life of it's own and free will a win. lol
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

As far as I know storm will not die as long as we fans support her. lol
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Some story lines are worst then death. *flashbacks* Now that i will never understand, how a character goes from selling 100k a month to married off without so much as any buildup and then people be like "well there was this build up 30 years ago" in like two flash back scenes but thats MORE than enough apparently but somehow, someway, not enough has ever been done to showcase storm as more than lightning lass in the x-books. i be like "what?!" lol So good support matters, power growth for sustained longevity and overall meaning in the marvel universe and prominence in the x-verse is what i'm looking for. Like x-treme a book that matters and for me says something about the state of the universe goes a long way with me.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Attachment 120997At least it sounds great.
    In Ewing I trust.

Not to blow my mind and expectations out of the stratosphere with some new! unimaginable! awesome!, decisive power display against Vulcan...but to deliver some solid character moments, regardless of feats, and an overall thoroughly engaging story.
    Unlike the majority of single-character fandom...feats matter far less to me than well-written characterisation (It's why to this day Claremont's punk powerless Storm is my absolute favourite iteration) And why I will never get on board with any pointless "rumbles" discussions.

Not to say I won't appreciate a powerful OL feat but...I won't be mad if Lightning Lass makes an appearance and written well.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 05-12-2022 at 06:27 AM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Some story lines are worst then death. *flashbacks* Now that i will never understand, how a character goes from selling 100k a month to married off without so much as any buildup and then people be like "well there was this build up 30 years ago" in like two flash back scenes but thats MORE than enough apparently but somehow, someway, not enough has ever been done to showcase storm as more than lightning lass in the x-books. i be like "what?!" lol So good support matters, power growth for sustained longevity and overall meaning in the marvel universe and prominence in the x-verse is what i'm looking for. Like x-treme a book that matters and for me says something about the state of the universe goes a long way with me.
    Lol, couldn't agree more. And I guess you'll never get over it.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    In Ewing I trust.

Not to blow my mind and expectations out of the stratosphere with some new! unimaginable! awesome!, decisive power display against Vulcan...but to deliver some solid character moments, regardless of feats, and an overall thoroughly engaging story.
    Unlike the majority of single-character fandom...feats matter far less to me than well-written characterisation (It's why to this day Claremont's punk powerless Storm is my absolute favourite iteration)

Not to say I won't appreciate a powerful OL feat but...I won't be mad if Lightning Lass makes an appearance.

Will she have an ...enh!
    Yeah, I looked back at Ewing's interview with #1 and he pretty much said the whole plot, we just didn't know or were thinking in the wrong direction at the time.

Lol, couldn't agree more. And I guess you'll never get over it.
    It doesn't bother me like i'm really emotional. It's the gaslighting that gets me and the hubris. It still feels like we are going to put all our black characters in one box and you have to go play in that box because that's where you belong. It's just a bad taste and then how it was handled the message it put forth just wasn't good.

And i remember at the time all the hip hop variants and all the other "Black" stuff marvel was supposedly using to pimp it but they weren't providing the story. It just didn't feel authentic to or for me.
    Last edited by jwatson; 05-12-2022 at 06:28 AM.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

It doesn't bother me like i'm really emotional. It's the gaslighting that gets me and the hubris. It still feels like we are going to put all our black characters in one box and you have to go play in that box because that's where you belong. It's just a bad taste and then how it was handled the message it put forth just wasn't good.
    This will always be a recipe for civil war among Storm fans.

People like what they like, i put it solely on Marvel and what they were doing to the x-line at the time and just what felt like the overall culture they were trying to portray at the time. Sort of like anything else what one considers gaslighting another may have seen some beautiful truth.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Not this Storm fan.
    I completely understand the angst and frustration when it comes to certain expectations not being realised. But...there's always a much broader picture as to why things are done, when and how they are done, that we the readers are just never 100 % privy to. (Case in point, recent Moira developments)
    And in all fairness...Although it's very easy to do, I won't compare what this current X-Office is doing with what the X-Office did in Claremont's time on the books. That's in the past...this is the present...and personally, I'm not at all nostalgic.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

People like what they like, i put it solely on Marvel and what they were doing to the x-line at the time and just what felt like the overall culture they were trying to portray at the time. Sort of like anything else what one considers gaslighting another may have seen some beautiful truth.
    Give it up for Storm! Clap for the beautiful truth!
    Attached Images Attached Images

Can storm even die? I mean her spirit is said to be strong enough to hold eternity and she is literally a god. Just wish we got more from this maybe a mystica arcana or maybe a book by her ex-husband/current lover about just how potent the magic in storm's bloodline is plus more on who the family is and where they come from.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-12-2022 at 06:58 AM.