Page 356 of 833 FirstFirst ... 256306346352353354355356357358359360366406456 ... LastLast
Results 5,326 to 5,340 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by The92Ghost View Post
    It is a bit strange that they put Storm and Jean on the same level, but it is understandable and I do agree to some extent with them. Jean has so many feats and accomplishments that rival those of Storm, but Storm isn't behind her, she is right there with her, if not even more accomplishments. I think they both started to shine with Hickman's changes on Omegas since Jean was classified as OL TP and Storm as OL WM.
    Yeah but what has she got to do with xmen red 2... like I read her article about maggot saying she is the closer but yet I never once saw them add storm. But in storms article suddenly it's a communal affair?

Hmmm ohk sure.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    im sorry but what the hell did xmen red 2 have to do with Jean? that would be just like someone saying xmen resurrection or the first xmen red showed just how powerful storm was. they're not the same nor is there a reason for them to be. they are powerful in their own ways and for different reasons. really wish folks will allow storm to enjoy her shine without trying to pull other characters in the view
    Thats how it felt to me... like they really just wanted to make storks fear a communal thing and I am like then make it even magneto at least he was there.

But anyways.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Heck an omega level telekinetic such as Exodus should in theory just be able to move reality around himself. What can a Reality Warper do against that. Or the elements of nature, i've never seen a reality warper make a reality that didn't have the basic fundamentals of reality as they know it and someone like Storm affects the world, such as trion so in theory storm should adjust to whatever reality she is in anyway for her powers to work which we've seen on planets and in other dimensions, and in a warped reality in Onslaught when she fought post and asked iceman if he felt the environment around them and told everyone to start attacking it.
    These powers should be considered like painting tools or musical instruments, give them to incompetent people and you hardly get any mileage out if it but when they land on the lap of a gifted, knowledgeable individual then the possibilities are endless.
    Ommadon: “By summoning all the dark powers I will infest the spirit of man So that he uses his science and logic to destroy himself. Greed and avarice shall prevail, and those who do not hear my words shall pay the price. I'll teach man to use his machines, I'll show him what distorted science can give birth to. I'll teach him to fly like a fairy, and I'll give him the ultimate answer to all his science can ask. And the world will be free for my magic again.”

I have my suspensions. I think certain narratives about characters when it pertains to power levels are being challenged. It is one thing to have debates with people in battle forums about who is stronger but when actual stories from canon begin to overwhelmingly start countering certain held beliefs it can be jarring for some.

tying this back to this article, as I mentioned for so long all sorts of folks would argue Jean was more powerful than ororo, with and without phoenix. However, when the xoffices/marvel drop stories after stories presenting a quote different narrator I think some may be worried their faves' claim to fame may be affected.

Going a little further, Storm was shown twice as needed help from Thor to address different obstacles beyond his control, Knull called Ororo his most powerful avatar even though he had also possessed the celestial, hulk, thor and the F4, storm proclaimed to magneto he wasn't the strongest person in the room anymore (seemingly accentuating she was), she destroyed an army of lethal legion attackers when the initial 6 easily took out the imperial guard, and she has beaten at least 3 omega level mutants including Vulcan who many believed would easily defeat her.

So why take a story that has nothing to do with a character on to use saud story to explain why they are equal in power? Maybe because that author is concerned on some level people won't perceive Jean as the most powerful xlady anymore.
    I mean no matter what jean will always be perceived by most as the most powerful lady simply because of the burning chick-fill-A and honestly I love that for her. But ororo will always be seems as the most badass by most simply because she is storm someone who has been ultimate with or without her powers. In 2019 there was a poll about the most impactful woman in all comics and even though the movies basically muttered storm to all hell and the comics were not any better storm still was the number one pick in marvel proving that even in her lowest people see her as well the baddest bitch!

What I love about storm was demonstrated perfectly in her battle with vulcan and tarn... her will is indomitable it cannot be subdued, it will always fight. This will stated to be the strongest of the x-men was not just given to ger she worked for it, built it... her hardship in life at a very young age with her deep need to control her immeasurable power is what lead her to develop this insurmountable quality.
    She is powerful yes because of her god tier abilities but most importantly because she is the person with the strongest spirit you will ever meet. And that's one of the many many reason why she is my fave, and why ewing loves her soooooo much.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Yes, this is a VERY weird Article, but I mean it is just 1 article. It's not like a bunch of them are saying the same thing. So, I would just ignore it.

Oh I would it's just soooo out of left field like.... huh?

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    And to me that doesn't even make sense from an objective point of view. You cannot calculate who's more powerful because their powers are so different. How much raw psychic strength would it take to invade the mind of Knull compared to how much power is needed to control a hurricane with pin-point precision. It's nearly impossible to have an unbiased opinion because you're literally comparing Apples to Acorns.
    Yeah exactly.... I always found it wierd when people says this omega I'd as powerful as this omega and so and so. When I think about it all omega have one thing in common they have no upper limit to their inherent raw power. It's not over 9000 its literally unreadable babes. But the power needed to do certain thing is very different than the power to do certain other things. To let's say create a planetary hyper hurricane and control ot down it its molecular structure you need let's say 5 billion joules of energy, compared to warping reality for Manhattan you need 60 billion joules of energy.... yes both people have unlimited power but they use their power to do very different things hence the inherent energy they access is very different from one another. What will happen of the weather manipulator uses 60 billion joules of their own energy to affect the weather or can a reality warper use less than 60 billion joules of power to affect Manhattan in any tangible way? That's the question.

All of them have infinite raw power but they use different amounts of their raw power to accomplish different things. Controlling the weather is different than telepathy which is different than tk as tk needs more energy meanwhile even hope to control a hurricane storm will need at least the power of 10,000 nukes and that is before talking about the power it will take to manipulate it down to its molecular format. Its just sooo different.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    I really don't get the hate over the article... just sounded like a pro "girl power" moment.
    On my need at least it's not hate... its just very unsettling confusion. Because I dont see these girl power article when jean became pink form jean or when she was stated by maggot to be the xteams biggest hitter. I didn't see that at all now when ororo beats down a supposedly beyond omega mutant with relative ease its suddenly we are all in this together? Yeah sure.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I mean no matter what jean will always be perceived by most as the most powerful lady simply because of the burning chick-fill-A and honestly I love that for her. But ororo will always be seems as the most badass by most simply because she is storm someone who has been ultimate with or without her powers. In 2019 there was a poll about the most impactful woman in all comics and even though the movies basically muttered storm to all hell and the comics were not any better storm still was the number one pick in marvel proving that even in her lowest people see her as well the baddest bitch!

What I love about storm was demonstrated perfectly in her battle with vulcan and tarn... her will is indomitable it cannot be subdued, it will always fight. This will stated to be the strongest of the x-men was not just given to ger she worked for it, built it... her hardship in life at a very young age with her deep need to control her immeasurable power is what lead her to develop this insurmountable quality.
    She is powerful yes because of her god tier abilities but most importantly because she is the person with the strongest spirit you will ever meet. And that's one of the many many reason why she is my fave, and why ewing loves her soooooo much.
    I agree with all of this beautifully said.

and this ororo dedication and what she gives to tchalla:

https://mobile.twitter.com/therobmil...5993986785289/
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Storm and Jean are the most popular X-women and before the MCU the most popular women in Marvel... Their also the most powerful X-Men so it makes sense to me.
    And my thing is that I dont see girl power articles when Jean does something very impressive... can we get that tooo? or its only when ororo does it that we will get that... I am really just asking.
    IMG_20220513_212659.jpg

And my thing is that I dont see girl power articles when Jean does something very impressive... can we get that tooo? or its only when ororo does it that we will get that... I am really just asking.
    IMG_20220513_212659.jpg

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

So it beggs the question... what mutants currently alive have feats that compare to Storm and Jean's high end one's? Wanda is the only one that comes to mind but is she technically mutant?
    Girl legion he put the entire universe in a literal box. That man is all kinds of insane and powerful.

Girl legion he put the entire universe in a literal box. That man is all kinds of insane and powerful.
    xman too he's a beast

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Heck an omega level telekinetic such as Exodus should in theory just be able to move reality around himself. What can a Reality Warper do against that. Or the elements of nature, i've never seen a reality warper make a reality that didn't have the basic fundamentals of reality as they know it and someone like Storm affects the world, such as trion so in theory storm should adjust to whatever reality she is in anyway for her powers to work which we've seen on planets and in other dimensions, and in a warped reality in Onslaught when she fought post and asked iceman if he felt the environment around them and told everyone to start attacking it.
    Reality warpers are what I like to call the showers of the superp power community. Like they sound impressive on paper on book they are really not. Because I am yet to find one reality warper that can create and sustain an entire dimension without some help. All they build seems to crumble.... Nate grey built age of x and that **** was cracking faster than ice in the desert. Like it is crazy how super potent they are yet they feel like they last 30 seconds. The only ones who are any effective are the abstracts and that make sense they are of reality so they can directly affect it with permanence. But jaime like this cant really last unless he is doing just one thing like resurrecting betsy or birthing the sword station. Proteus is even worse he really doesnt last like at all if he doesnt focus on it, it reverts back to normal meaning nothing he did was even real unless he keeps thinking about it. And Wanda needed the life force to permanently alter reality to remove 99% of mutants. Reality warping is really not as cool as I think many think it to be I would say space time manipulation, cosmic manipulation and psychic power are the most bad bitch of all the power sets.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-22-2022 at 12:48 AM.

xman too he's a beast
    Nate is Hitler's wet dream on legs I dont regard him... lol.

I agree with all of this beautifully said.

and this ororo dedication and what she gives to tchalla:

https://mobile.twitter.com/therobmil...5993986785289/
    Why did I think it was a Tyler Perry show XD