Page 383 of 833 FirstFirst ... 283333373379380381382383384385386387393433483 ... LastLast
Results 5,731 to 5,745 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I love seeing these two fight together!!! get ready friends cause this Wednesday you know we about to get another fun team-up with these two!!!

lookie here... tchalla saved ororo. I need them to have a scorecard on how many times they saved each other too cute lol
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 05-29-2022 at 02:09 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

had Coates not made storm a goddess I dont think any of the things we are seeing would be happening including her omega status and her being Regent. her trajectory was completely the opposite during that period so to think that was changing is highly doubtful.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-29-2022 at 08:46 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    had Coates not made storm a goddess I dont think any of the things we are seeing would be happening including her omega status and her being Regent. her trajectory was completely the opposite during that period so to think that was changing is highly doubtful.

I will let it rest but we have to sing the man's praises because he did what needed to be done.
    He making her a literal god instantly made her feel more important and bigger than the whole premise of the x-men something we all have known for a long ass time. In desperate haste we have the xoffice trying to make it fit into their whole basic pantheon where everyone and their mother was becoming omega except the OG herself who per cannon could easily command galactic power. when they made it abundantly clear how they see ororo when a literal cloud is killing her people and she the "weather manipulator" couldn't just deal with it. Or that the only way the xoffice could see her as a god or powerhouse is if she has the mjionir knockoff stormcaster making her bootleg thor. Coates gave her lineage and ancestry legacy and put respect on her power and her relevance to not only comics but black culture. Ewing simply wants to tell his political story whilst honouring that, the only xwriter to directly reference what coates did in his run. And for that we stan.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-29-2022 at 08:47 AM.

black panther#6 drops June 1st two more days till it arrives everyone. I cant wait.
    Last edited by Conn Seanery; 05-29-2022 at 08:47 AM.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Huh, You dont say.

Anyways black panther#6 drops June 1st two more days till it arrives everyone. I cant wait.
    The X-office was shaking off decades of Marvel deciding that X-men were irrelevant because they didn't have movie rights. The whole line suffered. That chaged after they got the rights back and the writing changed to accommodate that.

These are the facts his cult of followers always forget.

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    The X-office was shaking off decades of Marvel deciding that X-men were irrelevant because they didn't have movie rights. The whole line suffered. That chaged after they got the rights back and the writing changed to accommodate that.

These are the facts his cult of followers always forget.
    ??????????????
    are-we-really-still-talking-about-this-ronnie.jpg

Mighty Member

Talking about why storm was relegated to not being able to fix a cloud. Yes because for some reason you all keep ignoring the actual reason why that happened. I wonder what that reason is.

Yeah, I don't think any of this is necessary. We are not a sad and pathetic Appreciation Thread here.

Our girl are getting treatment that would have been unimaginable just a few years ago. It's even getting better.

There's no need to tear each other's throats down over old times.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Incredible Member

Some readers understand that Storm is a black woman whose powers rain on all races making her a symbol, of hope for everyone not just black people. Some people celebrate that, it seems two people here don't. It's hard to understand why some see her blackness as exclusive to only black people and not inclusive of everyone. But hey some fans like Coates.

The funny thing the sales of his book don't support the cult of Coates. They say the opposite. His writing was considered trash, his sales were so low that it took him leaving to get it up to 26,000, which was considered by some to be good. We all know it wasn't. Storm's biggest feats happened while being an X-man while being in black panther she was tortured on TV when her loving husband left scared of Doom, dumped and ignored for months by her husband who was so depressed he needed to play dressup as Daredevil to feel good about himself and after saving him from becoming a splat on the ground got yelled at. Hell this man that is supposed to be the love of his life proposed to another woman weeks before he was so desperate to please his mother he proposed to Storm. Anyone remember how bad Hudlin, Mayberry and Liss wrote Storm or remember when Shurt became black panther relegating her to cleaning bedpans and being off the grid for a couple of years. Good times, but you know comparing cleaning bedpans to taking orders from Kitty we can see the improvement.

Coates writing was abysmal and Ewing is the second-best Storm writer after Claremont. Hell Yost and a few others wrote Storm better than Coates could at his best. I get folks don't really like the X-men, they like dysfunctional, drama-filled "spicey" relationships that make each character look bad. I am just really grateful that they are the smallest part of the community and that the voices are only being heard on podcasts, and message boards and that the truly great writer is writing her in X-men Red. Have fun enjoying the glory years of Coates failure as a writer. I am just grateful that this is her current reality.

I am just really grateful that we get to have a time where we get to have Storm be the star of her stories instead of being bit player in someone else's. I am just really grateful that we have higher selling and more popular stories in X-men Red than the failure of Coates. I am also really grateful that you all have back issues to remind yourself of what you liked and for the rest of us to ignore.

You lost me at the first sentence Storm is a black women, her having black struggles make her realistic. You’re trying to make it seem like she excluded from being black because she has powers. American/The world don’t care she still black.
    Power races over all races lol wtf are you talking about . That make no sense. Once again u keep bringing up old stuff lol that doesn’t matter.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    You lost me at the first sentence Storm is a black women, her having black struggles make her realistic. You’re trying to make it seem like she excluded from being black because she has powers. American/The world don’t care she still black.
    Power races over all races lol wtf are you talking about . That make no sense. Once again u keep bringing up old stuff lol that doesn’t matter.
    THe fact that you don't understand it really isn't my problem. It's ok when you or Coates supporting cult bring up old stuff that doesn't matter but when other people like me do it, then it's a problem. How does that midset work for you?

Talking about why storm was relegated to not being able to fix a cloud. Yes because for some reason you all keep ignoring the actual reason why that happened. I wonder what that reason is.
    Again I ask...

are-we-really-still-talking-about-this-ronnie.jpg

Mighty Member

you brought it up, so please answer it.

you brought it up, so please answer it.
    Answer what, a question I asked you? You know that's not how questions work right?

Mighty Member

Answer what, a question I asked you? You know that's not how questions work right?
    I do but you brought up the xoffice not respecting storm without giving a factual reason as to why. I gave that reason and for some reason you are confused. That's why I wanted an aswer.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    lolol..... if they made an account to just bash Coates thats really sad but hey who am I to judge.

lets not devote anymore energy to that friend. I totally agree with you though. had Coates not made storm a goddess I dont think any of the things we are seeing would be happening including her omega status and her being Regent. her trajectory was completely the opposite during that period so to think that was changing is highly doubtful.

I’ve been trying to tell y’all OG Storm is a troll that’s stuck in past. That like storm before BP. X-men fan boy lol which is fine. They the type that Can’t stand Storm being with a black man rather see her in some weirdo relationship. Think she bigger than her race. Nonsense.

Coates is the first comic I picked up and I liked it, to be honest he made me a Storm fan. I back read all the other books and didn’t find Storm and tchalla relationship bad lol that was 2 years ago. It’s the year 2022… and look on twitter most people say why isn’t Storm in BP movie I believe she bigger and needs her own movie, but people want to see it. You can’t take that away from those characters no matter how much og Storm hates them.

But yea show who you really are OG Storm Don’t be scared
    Last edited by BPStorm2; 05-29-2022 at 03:46 AM.