Page 384 of 833 FirstFirst ... 284334374380381382383384385386387388394434484 ... LastLast
Results 5,746 to 5,760 of 12488
    Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    I’ve been trying to tell y’all OG Storm is a troll that’s stuck in past. That like storm before BP. X-men fan boy lol which is fine but don’t sit her and make. They the type that Can’t stand Storm being with a black man rather see her in some weirdo relationship. Think she bigger than her race. Nonsense.

Coates is the first comic I picked up and I liked it, to be honest he made me a Storm fan. I back read all the other books and didn’t find Storm and tchalla relationship bad lol that was 2 years ago. It’s the year 2022… and look on twitter most people say why isn’t Storm in BP movie I believe she bigger and needs her own movie, but people want to see it. You can’t take that away from those characters no matter how much og Storm hates them.

But yea show who you really are OG Storm Don’t be scared
    Her being with a black man was never issue. But I would love to see her with a black man that actually respected her. We know you don't care about that, just the optics of two black people being together. Spare me your black misogynoir, we all know the only reason you care about Storm is when she's with a black man and nothing else. It doesn't matter if the black man is made to look like a fool with Coates, or a jerk like Hudlin all you care about is that they still together.

I am focused on Ewing while you are focused on the past with Coates.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-29-2022 at 03:44 AM.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    THe fact that you don't understand it really isn't my problem. It's ok when you or Coates supporting cult bring up old stuff that doesn't matter but when other people like me do it, then it's a problem. How does that midset work for you?
    Sorry to break it to you storms a black women lol. She going to have black struggles that’s the reason why her parents left American lololololol. Her power doesn’t make her non black anymore. CoaTes for tchalla might be bad but not for Storm.

Mighty Member

Sorry to break it to you storms a black women lol. She going to have black struggles that’s the reason why her parents left American lololololol. Her power doesn’t make her non black anymore. CoaTes for tchalla might be bad but not for Storm.
    I already said that. I am just saying her blackness isn't only about black struggles. It's more than that. The fact you can't see that is a you problem.

I do but you brought up the xoffice not respecting storm without giving a factual reason as to why. I gave that reason and for some reason you are confused. That's why I wanted an aswer.
    But you just said you answered yourself... so why ask the same question unless you think your own answer is not adequate. Also why should I give you a reason as to why storm was on the back burner by the xoffice, even the xoffice knows storm was being shafted by them.

Case in point this article from polygon with the freaking xoffice.

Take Storm: In stories leading up to the Krakoan era, Marvel comics held up the weather-controlling mutant as one of the most powerful X-Men. Fans were told big things were coming for her, but in titles like X-Men: Red or Uncanny X-Men: Disassembled she would show up to do a big, flashy splash page involving weather, and little else. Sure, she was powerful, but readers just weren’t as engaged as they would become during the Krakoan era — when Storm’s varied adventures including winning a knife fight to maintain her position as Queen of the Solar System.
    It's a lovely article very cute and informative here go read it

https://www.polygon.com › marvel-...
    Marvel solved the X-Men's biggest plothole by cracking Omega Mutants - Polygon

Also some much needed advice, maybe dont talk for an entire co operation about something you clearly have no idea about as they even shade the very x-men disassembled panel of storm striking down xman/legion you are using calling it basic

The only thing that gave storm much deserved respect and development in the years leading up to krakoa was Coates and his work. She was a charchter and had a story along with being powerful. If you can't acknowledge reality dont make that our problem,Thank you very much.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-29-2022 at 03:58 AM.

Incredible Member

Her being with a black man was never issue. But I would love to see her with a black man that actually respected her. We know you don't care about that, just the optics of two black people being together. Spare me your black misogynoir, we all know the only reason you care about Storm is when she's with a black man and nothing else. It doesn't matter if the black man is made to look like a fool with Coates, or a jerk like Hudlin all you care about is that they still together.

I am focused on Ewing while you are focused on the past with Coates.

Tchalla is a king that isn’t perfect at all. We all know this. Storm being with tchalla all these years she knows this lol the writers know this. I don’t see anything wrong with her being with him. If you cant understand that he’s a king that has to protect his country and dating someone like Storm he has to have boundaries. That’s what make their relationship interesting. Tchalla does respect Storm but he’s also a king first. Character development is tchalla having to figure out how to more balance. That’s what he dealing with know all his past mistakes. Good lord lololol

Mighty Member

Tchalla is a king that isn’t perfect at all. We all know this. Storm being with tchalla all these years she knows this lol the writers know this. I don’t see anything wrong with her being with him. If you cant understand that he’s a king that has to protect his country and dating someone like Storm he has to have boundaries. That’s what make their relationship interesting. Tchalla does respect Storm but he’s also a king first. Character development is tchalla having to figure out how to more balance. That’s what he dealing with know all his past mistakes. Good lord lololol
    Yet he keeps making the same mistakes over and over again. Make that make sense.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    But you just said you answered yourself... so why ask the same question unless you think your own answer is not adequate. Also why should I give you a reason as to why storm was on the back burner by the xoffice, even the xoffice knows storm was being shafted by them.

Case in point this article from polygon with the freaking xoffice.

It's a lovely article very cute and informative here go read it

https://www.polygon.com › marvel-...
    Marvel solved the X-Men's biggest plothole by cracking Omega Mutants - Polygon

Also some much needed advice, maybe dont talk for an entire co operation about something you clearly have no idea about as they even shade the very x-men disassembled panel of storm striking down xman/legion you are using calling it basic

The only thing that gave storm much deserved respect and development in the years leading up to krakoa was Coates and his work. She was a charchter and had a story along with being powerful. If you can't acknowledge reality dont make that our problem,Thank you very much.
    No I said I answered you. Was that not clear. If your going to make me repeat myself I gave the answer. You didn't like it and keep using Coates for some grand reason that he doesn't deserve. Coates wasn't a good writer. He did good things for Storm, no doubt but calling his lackluster sales good is always problematic and wrong but do you. Maybe follow your own advice before you lecture someone else on following it. I know what I am talking about and it's clear because you love Coates that that is all that matters to you. Thank goodness I am not that bored.
    Last edited by OG Storm; 05-29-2022 at 04:05 AM.

I’ve been trying to tell y’all OG Storm is a troll that’s stuck in past. That like storm before BP. X-men fan boy lol which is fine. They the type that Can’t stand Storm being with a black man rather see her in some weirdo relationship. Think she bigger than her race. Nonsense.

Coates is the first comic I picked up and I liked it, to be honest he made me a Storm fan. I back read all the other books and didn’t find Storm and tchalla relationship bad lol that was 2 years ago. It’s the year 2022… and look on twitter most people say why isn’t Storm in BP movie I believe she bigger and needs her own movie, but people want to see it. You can’t take that away from those characters no matter how much og Storm hates them.

But yea show who you really are OG Storm Don’t be scared
    Wait, are you saying storm was bad before BP? I'll admit that storm is very bad in xbook in the 90s and 10s. But what Claremont did to Storm in UXM was everything that made the character successful and great. I'm not going to make any comments about Coates run here.

Storm is still alive in the comics based on all that Claremont has done for the character over the years. What Claremont did to Storm is beyond question.
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 05-29-2022 at 04:09 AM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Wait, are you saying storm was bad before BP? I'll admit that storm is very bad in xbook in the 90s and 10s. But what Claremont did to Storm in UXM was everything that made the character successful and great. I'm not going to make any comments about Coates run here.

Storm is still alive in the comics based on all that Claremont has done for the character over the years. What Claremont did to Storm is beyond question.
    Yeah storm was before bp she will be after bp or without him. I don't agree with the notion that storm is tied to only one thing or person especially considering the whole point of x-men red by ewing is that storm is far more than what most might think.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-29-2022 at 04:12 AM.

No I said I answered you. Was that not clear. If your going to make me repeat myself I gave the answer. You didn't like it and keep using Coates for some grand reason that he doesn't deserve. Coates wasn't a good writer. He did good things for Storm, no doubt but calling his lackluster sales good is always problematic and wrong but do you. Maybe follow your own advice before you lecture someone else on following it. I know what I am talking about and it's clear because you love Coates that that is all that matters to you. Thank goodness I am not that bored.
    Huh?????????

download (3).jpeg

Anyways 1st June cant wait.

Also Thanks Coates for giving storm development when the xoffice wont.

Incredible Member

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post

No I’m not saying that at all. I like Storm before Coates. Clairemont was good. I’m just saying I read Coates first. That’s all

Yeah storm was before bp she will be after bp or without him. I don't agree with the notion that storm is tied to only one thing or person especially considering the whole point of x-men red by ewing is that storm is far more than what most might think.
    I'm just making a simple point. Cockrum created Storm's body and Claremont gave her soul.Ewing loves her because of what Claremont did to Storm.

I share your opinion. Don't let any one person or thing define Storm, she is bigger than all of them.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

Huh?????????

download (3).jpeg

Anyways 1st June cant wait.

Also Thanks Coates for giving storm development when the xoffice wont.
    I agree, thank Coates for giving Storm an underveloped Storyline that was only about how she helps her ex save some folks without actually developing. Yay for half measures.

Yall let's refocus was reading the Claremont's run and I saw this panel...always amazed by the nuance that claremot gave storm not only with her charchter but with her power. Here she literally proves herself to detect she has life with her.

IMG_20220527_211330.jpg

I agree, thank Coates for giving Storm an underveloped Storyline that was only about how she helps her ex save some folks without actually developing. Yay for half measures.
    I am sorry, who are you?