Page 386 of 833 FirstFirst ... 286336376382383384385386387388389390396436486 ... LastLast
Results 5,776 to 5,790 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Oooooh good idea. I like that. Storm being able to change her vision based upon anything on the EM Spectrum. That’s SO COOL. Storm with X-Ray Vision and shit.
    Exactly when we talk of the shit and immeasurable potential storm has at her disposal this is what we are talking about. I mean the heat vision, infrared, x-ray all that jazz is really very applicable to storm. All she has got to do is channel ambient em through her eyes.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Also from the same issue adversary says storms hurricanes could move worlds and lightning turn them to dust.

Attachment 121445

Interesting because when Jason Aaron spoke of the god tempest he literally states that

Maybe I am bored and I am reaching lol.
    I Love how your mind works. But I think your reaching. LOL I mean it would be great, but not likely. But hey with Al Ewing writing Storm anything is possible.

Exactly when we talk of the shit and immeasurable potential storm has at her disposal this is what we are talking about. I mean the heat vision, infrared, x-ray all that jazz is really very applicable to storm. All she has got to do is channel ambient em through her eyes.
    So my question is this. If Storm is able to transcend her body into something else. How can we separate Storm from people like: Vapor and X-Ray and Monica Rambeau and Living Lightning. Why I bring up these people is because these characters powers are basically EM Drivin.

Astonishing Member

I would love to see Storm doing remote viewing. Like her sitting in the Great Ring's meeting room and casting her mind out to inhabit a storm that's going on somewhere on Earth, and then we'd switch over to see the aerial view of everything happening beneath that storm, and the page making clear that Ororo's using the storm as just a medium she can project her consciousness into, for the sole purpose of being able to see what's happening at that location in real time, despite the distance between Earth and Arakko. Something like that would be awesome.

I Love how your mind works. But I think your reaching. LOL I mean it would be great, but not likely. But hey with Al Ewing writing Storm anything is possible.

So my question is this. If Storm is able to transcend her body into something else. How can we separate Storm from people like: Vapor and X-Ray and Monica Rambeau and Living Lightning. Why I bring up these people is because these characters powers are basically EM Drivin.
    Yeah Ewing has pulled references from crevices of cannon we didnt even know existed. Wont surprise me.

That's the thing storm is a big elemental she is kinda like an omni elemental when you think about it considering that universally almost all natural elements and forces factor into "weather phenomena"
    I see storm having avatars of a specific element. Like she is a grand conciousness and can inhabit any element pr multiple elements at once like water, wind, lightning/electromagnetism, fire...etc. I picture it like her true form merged with the life force of whatever world or dimension she is in or even the universe

the-goddess-nebula-shawn-abel.jpg

But she can use elements as avatars for herself. She is a god so let us make people feel like they are looking at a mother deity. Thats how I see her as different from living lightning and monica and iceman and others. Even bobby can do this with moisture or water he has done it already before.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-29-2022 at 10:59 AM.

Astonishing Member

Yeah Ewing has pulled references from crevices of cannon we didnt even know existed. Wont surprise me.

That's the thing storm is a big elemental she is kinda like an omni elemental when you think about it considering that universally almost all natural elements and forces factor into "weather phenomena"
    I see storm having avatars of a specific element. Like she is a grand conciousness and can inhabit any element pr multiple elements at once like water, wind, lightning/electromagnetism, fire...etc. I picture it like her true form merged with the life force of whatever world or dimension she is in or even the universe

But she can use elements as avatars for herself. She is a god so let us make people feel like they are looking at a mother deity. Thats how I see her as different from living lightning and monica and iceman and others. Even bobby can do this with moisture or water he has done it already before.
    Yeah, I think that's the key to giving Storm an elemental form: it shouldn't just be ONE element, because a storm isn't just one element. And instead of trying to combine all the disparate parts of a storm into a single gestalt form - when storms can be comprised of totally different things and manifest in all kinds of ways.....I'd rather it be like you said....something where Ororo can just turn into any element of a storm (planetary or cosmic).....so she can turn into electricity and travel by thunderbolt, or turn into a cloud or mist (which she's done plenty of as Bloodstorm, a vampire, so there's no reason to hold back from giving her that power in the 616 universe just as an extension of her mutant ability), or turn into wind itself.

The sky's the limit. (And I'm a dork).

the-goddess-nebula-shawn-abel.jpg

Very WELL Done!!!! Great Explanation see I love your FOUL LITTLE MIND WORK! :-D

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yeah, I think that's the key to giving Storm an elemental form: it shouldn't just be ONE element, because a storm isn't just one element. And instead of trying to combine all the disparate parts of a storm into a single gestalt form - when storms can be comprised of totally different things and manifest in all kinds of ways.....I'd rather it be like you said....something where Ororo can just turn into any element of a storm (planetary or cosmic).....so she can turn into electricity and travel by thunderbolt, or turn into a cloud or mist (which she's done plenty of as Bloodstorm, a vampire, so there's no reason to hold back from giving her that power in the 616 universe just as an extension of her mutant ability), or turn into wind itself.

The sky's the limit. (And I'm a dork).
    I knew you would see the vision my friend. Like why do we need to be repetitive with these things. I like how Bobby's has a form yet can become one with all moisture on the planet if he wanted giving him omnipresence of sort. They are supposed to immeasurable so let them be that instead of limiting them to just one thing.
    Last edited by Reigna; 05-29-2022 at 11:22 AM.

Very WELL Done!!!! Great Explanation see I love your FOUL LITTLE MIND WORK! :-D
    We gotta bring our best thinking caps for the mother herself.
    IMG_20220517_202858.jpg

We gotta bring our best thinking caps for the mother herself.
    IMG_20220517_202858.jpg
    So essentially, Storm SHOULD be able to manipulate anyone who is an Elemental of ANY spectrum EM or Earthly and etc. Unless if they prove their Will power is a match against Storm’s.

Astonishing Member

I knew you would see the vision my friend. Like why do we need to be repetitive with these things. I like how Bobby's has a form yet can become one with all moisture on the planet if he wanted giving him omnipresence of sort. They are supposed to immeasurable so let them be that instead of limiting them to just one thing.
    Bingo. Like hate to break it to you, X-office, but you already let the genie out of the bottle when you hyped them up as 'having no definable upper limit' to their powers. NOT exploring that doesn't change it, it just makes you really bad at capitalizing on your own ideas. If you were afraid of making them over-powered, then like, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE OVERPOWERED THEM. But you did, so like, figure out how to DO stuff with that instead of just constantly paying lip service to it without actually acting on it in any meaningful way outside of like, the occasional super-Feat every few years.

So essentially, Storm SHOULD be able to manipulate anyone who is an Elemental of ANY spectrum EM or Earthly and etc. Unless if they prove their Will power is a match against Storm’s.
    I mean she has done so already to hydrogen and living lightning. It will be a will thing but I doubt many will hold on for long let alone win against storm's legendary will.

Bingo. Like hate to break it to you, X-office, but you already let the genie out of the bottle when you hyped them up as 'having no definable upper limit' to their powers. NOT exploring that doesn't change it, it just makes you really bad at capitalizing on your own ideas. If you were afraid of making them over-powered, then like, YOU SHOULDN'T HAVE OVERPOWERED THEM. But you did, so like, figure out how to DO stuff with that instead of just constantly paying lip service to it without actually acting on it in any meaningful way outside of like, the occasional super-Feat every few years.
    Yeah they kinda shot themselves in the foot with that. No one forced them to create an omega concept yet they dis so they should explore that with creativity leat they become like those many boring op heroes who are basically more of the same.

Astonishing Member

Yeah they kinda shot themselves in the foot with that. No one forced them to create an omega concept yet they dis so they should explore that with creativity leat they become like those many boring op heroes who are basically more of the same.
    And like we've pointed out time and time again, they've NEVER been afraid to just....fucking swing for the fences with over-powered characters like Sentry.

They've given Thor the Odin-Force.

Franklin Richards is out there flip-flopping between 'oh no my powers are gone again will they ever come back' and 'whee powers are back, time to go create another fucking UNIVERSE' every other decade.

The Eternals' entire CONCEPT is that they're like, a full one hundred member group of characters who are allowed to bust out god-tier feats any time the narrative feels like it.

Cosmic characters like Nova and Quasar get level-up after level-up with every single Annihilation event.

The Hulk LITERALLY has had no definable upper limit for pretty much EVER.

Whenever Thor's NOT around the Avengers go slumming at the nearest pantheon to recruit some OTHER god like Ares, like literally how many gods have been Avengers at this point.

Reed Richards and Tony Stark and Hank Pym invent some device that breaks the universe or repairs the universe every major crossover event (like we focus so much on the Phoenix Force and the Phoenix Five in AvX, everybody just....completely glossed over the fact that story relied on Tony being able to invent a gun that BROKE the freaking Phoenix Force in the PROLOGUE but sure, its the Phoenix itself that's overpowered, not 'man who can pull cosmic entity busting gear out of his ass with just a single issue of prep time').

Black Bolt's entire characterization is "if I snore, I could accidentally break the planet so I literally will not exist outside of stories that revolve ENTIRELY around my ability to wreck continents by stubbing my toe and saying 'ow'."

Dr. Strange probably has an actual license for being a deus ex machina hanging on the wall next to his medical degree.

The whole point of the Illuminati at its inception was 'let's take six of the most powerful Marvel characters and give them fucking INFINITY STONES on top of that, and just...see what happens.'

Like.....@ Marvel, can we stop pretending you're afraid to use over-powered characters or don't know how to write over-powered characters, because that's literally never been true. The most obnoxious thing about the list of omega level mutants is that half of that list have been used as villains at some point (Magneto, Exodus, Legion, Proteus, Jamie Braddock, Vulcan), and what's super interesting about that is how when they're used as villains.....they're allowed to be planet-busting or universe-threatening antagonists who can solo entire teams of X-Men. (And even characters outside the official omega classification like Nate Grey, Mikhail Rasputin, etc, can claim the same).

....but the second you say hey, now they're NOT threats to the X-Men or other mutants, they're on the same side...suddenly THESE EXACT SAME CHARACTERS can't even huff and puff and blow a Sentinel factory into the sun because its too hard, they get tired.

Like....how does that work? Oh yeah. It doesn't.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 05-29-2022 at 12:03 PM.

And like we've pointed out time and time again, they've NEVER been afraid to just....fucking swing for the fences with over-powered characters like Sentry.

Franklin Richards is out there flip-flopping between 'oh no my powers are gone again will they ever come back' and 'whee powers are back, time to go create another fucking UNIVERSE' every other decade.

The Eternals' entire CONCEPT is that they're like, a full one hundred member group of characters who are allowed to bust out god-tier feats any time the narrative feels like it.

Cosmic characters like Nova and Quasar get level-up after level-up with every single Annihilation event.

Whenever Thor's NOT around the Avengers go slumming at the nearest pantheon to recruit some OTHER god like Ares, like literally how many gods have been Avengers at this point.

Reed Richards and Tony Stark and Hank Pym invent some device that breaks the universe or repairs the universe every major crossover event (like we focus so much on the Phoenix Force and the Phoenix Five in AvX, everybody just....completely glossed over the fact that story relied on Tony being able to invent a gun that BROKE the freaking Phoenix Force in the PROLOGUE but sure, its the Phoenix itself that's overpowered, not 'man who can pull cosmic entity busting gear out of his ass with just a single issue of prep time').

Black Bolt's entire characterization is "if I snore, I could accidentally break the planet so I literally will not exist outside of stories that revolve ENTIRELY around my ability to wreck continents by stubbing my toe and saying 'ow'."

Dr. Strange probably has an actual license for being a deus ex machina hanging on the wall next to his medical degree.

The whole point of the Illuminati at its inception was 'let's take six of the most powerful Marvel characters and give them fucking INFINITY STONES on top of that, and just...see what happens.'

Like.....@ Marvel, can we stop pretending you're afraid to use over-powered characters or don't know how to write over-powered characters, because that's literally never been true. The most obnoxious thing about the list of omega level mutants is that half of that list have been used as villains at some point (Magneto, Exodus, Legion, Proteus, Jamie Braddock, Vulcan), and what's super interesting about that is how when they're used as villains.....they're allowed to be planet-busting or universe-threatening antagonists who can solo entire teams of X-Men. (And even characters outside the official omega classification like Nate Grey, Mikhail Rasputin, etc, can claim the same).

....but the second you say hey, now they're NOT threats to the X-Men or other mutants, they're on the same side...suddenly THESE EXACT SAME CHARACTERS can't even huff and puff and blow a Sentinel factory into the sun because its too hard, they get tired.

This entire response is funny because it’s True. LOL :-D

That is what I was wondering I feel like unless you are a villan your power will be downplayed severely. Ohk unless you are jean (teen) or hope aka mutant jesus. But on that list all those who were not villans most are not allowed to revel in their power without going mad aka iceman deathseed.