Page 387 of 833 FirstFirst ... 287337377383384385386387388389390391397437487 ... LastLast
Results 5,791 to 5,805 of 12488

Question, Do y'all think as powerful as Storm is now that Shadow King will look for her again?

Astonishing Member

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Question, Do y'all think now as powerful as Storm is that Shadow King will look for her again?
    Yes and no? No idea if you read New Mutants and are aware of what Ayala did with Farouk there, so ignore these first couple paragraphs if you're already up to speed on all that:

New Mutants established that Amahl Farouk was once just a young telepathic boy manipulated and then 'ridden' by a demonic entity called the Shadow.....so the being we know as Farouk was largely just this demon who used him as a way to get access to this plane or dimension and then utilized his power as his own. But then the Shadow was basically exorcised from Farouk....BUT even though now he was just himself with no one else controlling his actions or his power, he was still....idk, influenced or corrupted by several hundred years of being this entity's host/link to the Earthly plane? So then the New Mutants had to like...not re-exorcise him exactly, lol, but more like....cleanse him of the Shadow's lingering influence and help Amahl realize that he was wholly himself again, for the first time since he was a child.

And then the last we saw of Farouk, he expressed remorse for everything he'd done while the Shadow's puppet or host or whatever, and said he felt he was still complicit in the stuff the Shadow did and had to make amends somehow, and he mentioned that he was going to go to Mars to Legion's Altar place and help Legion with his 'work' there. (And Farouk and Legion have extensive history as well).

Anyway, I expect the next place we'll see him turn up is in Legion of X. And Storm has already made an appearance there as well, so I would not be surprised to see her and Amahl's paths cross and there be some kind of confrontation between them because of past history. But its pretty safe to say that the current take on Farouk in the X-office is that he's shed the Shadow's influence and is committed to trying to make a fresh start now, as just his own being.....so I don't think its likely that he has any interest or intention of trying to manipulate or control Storm at this point.

That said, we all know comics can be cyclical and any story can be retconned at any point, so there's nothing preventing some later writer down the line from undoing all of this and making Farouk back into the classic Shadow King, at which point he likely would be very interested in Storm again, given her power these days, both mutant and political.

BUT....

Even though Farouk himself likely has no malicious intentions towards Storm now....it was made clear that the Shadow entity that corrupted and controlled him is linked to the Arakkii and was interested in making Krakoans more like them. Its highly likely that its some kind of Amenthi demon, actually. Must've found some way from that plane to the place where the Arakkii came from and was like "I'm just gonna let the rest of my demon buds back in Amenth continue their war while I enjoy messing with their planet of origin and have it all to myself."

So wherever the Shadow entity itself is right now....I bet its HUGELY interested in Storm and everything she's doing these days, both because of how powerful she's become, and because she's literally the deciding vote holder on the Arakkii's Great Ring.
    Last edited by BobbysWorld; 05-29-2022 at 08:01 PM.

I think the concept of super strength, invulnerability fits very well in Storm, even better than the elemental form that many fans fantasize about, the scene of Ororo holding Vulcan by the neck shows that. I find elemental form very cliché, since there are a bunch of characters in Marvel that have it, not that it doesn't have characters with super strength and invulnerability, but I think that for the character in question it's something that suits the most, it would be great to attribute this ability to your side divine.

Question, Do y'all think as powerful as Storm is now that Shadow King will look for her again?
    I feel like that's a battle he has lost too many times. He could try but I think even he knows that it wont work.

I'd definitely prefer an elemental form which would include super strength and durability. As long as she's not depicted as another generic fire or solar Phoenix wannabe... perhaps a blue plasma form or a mix of all elements.

Lols didnt even make sense that he is in the island -- like I thought the Shadowking wasnt a mutant but an entity etc. I guess they can change for Ayala sake ahahaha anyways im all waiting for a Storm Farouk interaction too -- which i think will be more friendly -- the guy seemed "redeemed" might be an awkward reunion coz the doom reunion is delicious payback -- id bet vita would sway her way "again" and wouldnt make sense anyway -- but how do you say hi to your stalker for years??? Ahaha that would be awkward....

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Yes and no? No idea if you read New Mutants and are aware of what Ayala did with Farouk there, so ignore these first couple paragraphs if you're already up to speed on all that:

New Mutants established that Amahl Farouk was once just a young telepathic boy manipulated and then 'ridden' by a demonic entity called the Shadow.....so the being we know as Farouk was largely just this demon who used him as a way to get access to this plane or dimension and then utilized his power as his own. ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶s̶i̶c̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶e̶x̶o̶r̶c̶i̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶o̶u̶k̶.̶.̶.̶.̶B̶U̶T̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶e̶l̶s̶e̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶.̶.̶.̶.̶i̶d̶k̶,̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶l̶u̶e̶n̶c̶e̶d̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶u̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶b̶y̶ ̶s̶e̶v̶e̶r̶a̶l̶ ̶h̶u̶n̶d̶r̶e̶d̶ ̶y̶e̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶t̶y̶'̶s̶ ̶h̶o̶s̶t̶/̶l̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶E̶a̶r̶t̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶?̶ ̶S̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶N̶e̶w̶ ̶M̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶.̶.̶.̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶r̶e̶-̶e̶x̶o̶r̶c̶i̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶e̶x̶a̶c̶t̶l̶y̶,̶ ̶l̶o̶l̶,̶ ̶b̶u̶t̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶.̶.̶.̶.̶c̶l̶e̶a̶n̶s̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶g̶e̶r̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶l̶u̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶A̶m̶a̶h̶l̶ ̶r̶e̶a̶l̶i̶z̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶h̶o̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶i̶r̶s̶t̶ ̶t̶i̶m̶e̶ ̶s̶i̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶ ̶c̶h̶i̶l̶d̶.̶ ̶
    ̶
    ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶s̶a̶w̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶o̶u̶k̶,̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶r̶e̶s̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶r̶e̶m̶o̶r̶s̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶r̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶d̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶u̶p̶p̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶h̶o̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶a̶t̶e̶v̶e̶r̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶f̶e̶l̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶s̶t̶i̶l̶l̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶p̶l̶i̶c̶i̶t̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶s̶t̶u̶f̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶d̶i̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶m̶e̶n̶d̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶h̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶m̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶g̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶g̶o̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶M̶a̶r̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶'̶s̶ ̶A̶l̶t̶a̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶e̶l̶p̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶'̶w̶o̶r̶k̶'̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶.̶ ̶(̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶o̶u̶k̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶e̶x̶t̶e̶n̶s̶i̶v̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶)̶.̶ ̶
    ̶
    ̶A̶n̶y̶w̶a̶y̶,̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶x̶p̶e̶c̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶n̶e̶x̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶e̶'̶l̶l̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶t̶u̶r̶n̶ ̶u̶p̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶L̶e̶g̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶X̶.̶ ̶A̶n̶d̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶l̶r̶e̶a̶d̶y̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶ ̶a̶p̶p̶e̶a̶r̶a̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶w̶e̶l̶l̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶u̶r̶p̶r̶i̶s̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶e̶e̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶A̶m̶a̶h̶l̶'̶s̶ ̶p̶a̶t̶h̶s̶ ̶c̶r̶o̶s̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶f̶r̶o̶n̶t̶a̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶w̶e̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶p̶a̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶.̶ ̶B̶u̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶t̶t̶y̶ ̶s̶a̶f̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶s̶a̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶u̶r̶r̶e̶n̶t̶ ̶t̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶o̶u̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶X̶-̶o̶f̶f̶i̶c̶e̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶'̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶f̶l̶u̶e̶n̶c̶e̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶m̶i̶t̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶e̶ ̶a̶ ̶f̶r̶e̶s̶h̶ ̶s̶t̶a̶r̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶,̶ ̶a̶s̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶i̶n̶g̶.̶.̶.̶.̶.̶s̶o̶ ̶I̶ ̶d̶o̶n̶'̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶n̶k̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶r̶y̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶n̶i̶p̶u̶l̶a̶t̶e̶ ̶o̶r̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶.̶ ̶

̶T̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶s̶a̶i̶d̶,̶ ̶w̶e̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶k̶n̶o̶w̶ ̶c̶o̶m̶i̶c̶s̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶c̶y̶c̶l̶i̶c̶a̶l̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶s̶t̶o̶r̶y̶ ̶c̶a̶n̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶t̶c̶o̶n̶n̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶y̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶,̶ ̶s̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶r̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶p̶r̶e̶v̶e̶n̶t̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶l̶a̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶w̶r̶i̶t̶e̶r̶ ̶d̶o̶w̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶u̶n̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶t̶h̶i̶s̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶o̶u̶k̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶a̶s̶s̶i̶c̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶K̶i̶n̶g̶,̶ ̶a̶t̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶c̶h̶ ̶p̶o̶i̶n̶t̶ ̶h̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶w̶o̶u̶l̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶ ̶v̶e̶r̶y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶a̶g̶a̶i̶n̶,̶ ̶g̶i̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶h̶e̶r̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶m̶u̶t̶a̶n̶t̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶p̶o̶l̶i̶t̶i̶c̶a̶l̶.̶

̶B̶U̶T̶.̶.̶.̶.̶

̶E̶v̶e̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶o̶u̶g̶h̶ ̶F̶a̶r̶o̶u̶k̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶h̶a̶s̶ ̶n̶o̶ ̶m̶a̶l̶i̶c̶i̶o̶u̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶n̶t̶i̶o̶n̶s̶ ̶t̶o̶w̶a̶r̶d̶s̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶.̶.̶.̶i̶t̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶m̶a̶d̶e̶ ̶c̶l̶e̶a̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶c̶o̶r̶r̶u̶p̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶r̶o̶l̶l̶e̶d̶ ̶h̶i̶m̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶n̶k̶e̶d̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶a̶k̶k̶i̶i̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶m̶a̶k̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶K̶r̶a̶k̶o̶a̶n̶s̶ ̶m̶o̶r̶e̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶m̶.̶ ̶I̶t̶s̶ ̶h̶i̶g̶h̶l̶y̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶k̶i̶n̶d̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶n̶t̶h̶i̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶o̶n̶,̶ ̶a̶c̶t̶u̶a̶l̶l̶y̶.̶ ̶M̶u̶s̶t̶'̶v̶e̶ ̶f̶o̶u̶n̶d̶ ̶s̶o̶m̶e̶ ̶w̶a̶y̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶t̶h̶a̶t̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶c̶e̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶a̶k̶k̶i̶i̶ ̶c̶a̶m̶e̶ ̶f̶r̶o̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶w̶a̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶k̶e̶ ̶"̶I̶'̶m̶ ̶j̶u̶s̶t̶ ̶g̶o̶n̶n̶a̶ ̶l̶e̶t̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶r̶e̶s̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶m̶y̶ ̶d̶e̶m̶o̶n̶ ̶b̶u̶d̶s̶ ̶b̶a̶c̶k̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶A̶m̶e̶n̶t̶h̶ ̶c̶o̶n̶t̶i̶n̶u̶e̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶w̶a̶r̶ ̶w̶h̶i̶l̶e̶ ̶I̶ ̶e̶n̶j̶o̶y̶ ̶m̶e̶s̶s̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶w̶i̶t̶h̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶i̶r̶ ̶p̶l̶a̶n̶e̶t̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶o̶r̶i̶g̶i̶n̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶h̶a̶v̶e̶ ̶i̶t̶ ̶a̶l̶l̶ ̶t̶o̶ ̶m̶y̶s̶e̶l̶f̶.̶"̶

̶S̶o̶ ̶w̶h̶e̶r̶e̶v̶e̶r̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶S̶h̶a̶d̶o̶w̶ ̶e̶n̶t̶i̶t̶y̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶e̶l̶f̶ ̶i̶s̶ ̶r̶i̶g̶h̶t̶ ̶n̶o̶w̶.̶.̶.̶.̶I̶ ̶b̶e̶t̶ ̶i̶t̶s̶ ̶H̶U̶G̶E̶L̶Y̶ ̶i̶n̶t̶e̶r̶e̶s̶t̶e̶d̶ ̶i̶n̶ ̶S̶t̶o̶r̶m̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶e̶v̶e̶r̶y̶t̶h̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶d̶o̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶s̶e̶ ̶d̶a̶y̶s̶,̶ ̶b̶o̶t̶h̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶o̶f̶ ̶h̶o̶w̶ ̶p̶o̶w̶e̶r̶f̶u̶l̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶o̶m̶e̶,̶ ̶a̶n̶d̶ ̶b̶e̶c̶a̶u̶s̶e̶ ̶s̶h̶e̶'̶s̶ ̶l̶i̶t̶e̶r̶a̶l̶l̶y̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶d̶e̶c̶i̶d̶i̶n̶g̶ ̶v̶o̶t̶e̶ ̶h̶o̶l̶d̶e̶r̶ ̶o̶n̶ ̶t̶h̶e̶ ̶A̶r̶a̶k̶k̶i̶i̶'̶s̶ ̶G̶r̶e̶a̶t̶ ̶R̶i̶n̶g̶.̶
    Somehow I missed those(?) issues of New Mutants -- Would you off-hand remember the issue numbers of said story-arc?

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post

New Mutants established that Amahl Farouk was once just a young telepathic boy manipulated and then 'ridden' by a demonic entity called the Shadow.....so the being we know as Farouk was largely just this demon who used him as a way to get access to this plane or dimension and then utilized his power as his own. But then the Shadow was basically exorcised from Farouk....BUT even though now he was just himself with no one else controlling his actions or his power, he was still....idk, influenced or corrupted by several hundred years of being this entity's host/link to the Earthly plane? So then the New Mutants had to like...not re-exorcise him exactly, lol, but more like....cleanse him of the Shadow's lingering influence and help Amahl realize that he was wholly himself again, for the first time since he was a child.

And then the last we saw of Farouk, he expressed remorse for everything he'd done while the Shadow's puppet or host or whatever, and said he felt he was still complicit in the stuff the Shadow did and had to make amends somehow, and he mentioned that he was going to go to Mars to Legion's Altar place and help Legion with his 'work' there. (And Farouk and Legion have extensive history as well).

Anyway, I expect the next place we'll see him turn up is in Legion of X. And Storm has already made an appearance there as well, so I would not be surprised to see her and Amahl's paths cross and there be some kind of confrontation between them because of past history. But its pretty safe to say that the current take on Farouk in the X-office is that he's shed the Shadow's influence and is committed to trying to make a fresh start now, as just his own being.....so I don't think its likely that he has any interest or intention of trying to manipulate or control Storm at this point.

That said, we all know comics can be cyclical and any story can be retconned at any point, so there's nothing preventing some later writer down the line from undoing all of this and making Farouk back into the classic Shadow King, at which point he likely would be very interested in Storm again, given her power these days, both mutant and political.

BUT....

Even though Farouk himself likely has no malicious intentions towards Storm now....it was made clear that the Shadow entity that corrupted and controlled him is linked to the Arakkii and was interested in making Krakoans more like them. Its highly likely that its some kind of Amenthi demon, actually. Must've found some way from that plane to the place where the Arakkii came from and was like "I'm just gonna let the rest of my demon buds back in Amenth continue their war while I enjoy messing with their planet of origin and have it all to myself."

So wherever the Shadow entity itself is right now....I bet its HUGELY interested in Storm and everything she's doing these days, both because of how powerful she's become, and because she's literally the deciding vote holder on the Arakkii's Great Ring.
    interesting read, thanks! I never knew any of this

All-New Member

So tired of the shadowking. Storm has already faced him many times. Can we get another villain like Candra who is one of the most powerful TKs to face Storm again. She makes a much better interesting villain for Storm.

Also can we let Storm let lose already? Lets see her full potential. Lets see her beating other heavy weights. Lets see her magical powers. Weve been teased for years. I wanna see another galactic core type of feat or something even more impressive. We've waited long enough.

BANNED

Galacticcore, I'm sure your wishes will come true after Ororo defeats most of them and is listed amongst the other Gods of Earth... Also see: Elder Gods of Earth and Council of Godheads (Earth-616).
    Last edited by Micabe; 05-30-2022 at 06:28 PM. Reason: Typo correction(s) & Thought amendment(s).

Quote Originally Posted by Amazona dos ventos View Post
    I think the concept of super strength, invulnerability fits very well in Storm, even better than the elemental form that many fans fantasize about, the scene of Ororo holding Vulcan by the neck shows that. I find elemental form very cliché, since there are a bunch of characters in Marvel that have it, not that it doesn't have characters with super strength and invulnerability, but I think that for the character in question it's something that suits the most, it would be great to attribute this ability to your side divine.
    I am actually against the concept of Storm gaining super strength or invulnerability. Those super powers are so generic and over used. I am all for her getting an elemental form that increases her durability but I can do without her gaining those powers.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormrocks View Post
    I am actually against the concept of Storm gaining super strength or invulnerability. Those super powers are so generic and over used. I am all for her getting an elemental form that increases her durability but I can do without her gaining those powers.
    Same here. Super strength is just too much. For me invulnerablitity ain't so bad. I'd like her to be more durable when using her powers instead of being able to be knocked out by a simple punch or hurt by a bullet

BANNED

Question... Just how many Gods/Goddesses have actually been knocked out by a simple punch or hurt by a normal bullet?

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Question... Just how many Gods/Goddesses have actually been knocked out by a simple punch or hurt by a normal bullet?
    To me, that's part of the beauty of Storm. She is a goddess, but still human. She can rip your planet apart, but can still be hurt by a bullet. It makes her more relatable to me.

That said, she is too much of a glass cannon these days. Hopefully an elemental form would increase her durability. I want to see her be able to tank a hit from the characters on the 2 ton scale, (think Emma in Diamond form), but not someone like the Hulk or Warlock. However, I do think she should get creative with her powers and create someone kind of shield, like Magneto, that would allow her to withstand blast and blows from stronger characters.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    at least one other well known God

our girl doesn't require possession by cosmic forces to be god tier... hbu your fave?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!