Page 411 of 833 FirstFirst ... 311361401407408409410411412413414415421461511 ... LastLast
Results 6,151 to 6,165 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    To elaborate a bit, this has been a horse beaten to death by Mercury and Butterflykyss.
    I'm glad you said it. I don"t think there is any new ground to cover here. And that poster seems nice enough but I really didn't want this thread spammed with more Jean pics and Jean talk again so I hope this issue can just stay in the past. Red 3 can't come soon enough.

This is caused by the lack of red.

Luckily there will be red next week.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    I'm glad you said it. I don"t think there is any new ground to cover here. And that poster seems nice enough but I really didn't want this thread spammed with more Jean pics and Jean talk again so I hope this issue can just stay in the past. Red 3 can't come soon enough.
    Amen!

10char
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Can we please not go down this road again for the umpteenth time ��
    Yeah I thought so too... but if the whole it wasnt jean, it wanst jean thing is abliyr to be upended... then the conversation really needs to be had. Because the lady apparently was having these as private fantasies.

Quote Originally Posted by Saturius View Post
    Is that coming next week? I lost track of it.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    This is caused by the lack of red.

Luckily there will be red next week.
    The next red I feel will be more magneto focused storm will likely observe the going ons about the duel between tarn and vulcan and then likely magneto and tarn. She will also likely talk to Brand.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Yeah I thought so too... but if the whole it wasnt jean, it wanst jean thing is abliyr to be upended... then the conversation really needs to be had. Because the lady apparently was having these as private fantasies.
    Lmao yep that too was covered in the discussion between Kyss and Merc.

Lojg story short, it was a combination of Emma's and mastermind's twisted reality. If you want a more detailed layout I'd pm Merc.

Or if you've got a few hrs of spare time you can reddy this:
    https://community.cbr.com/showthread...-s-Best-Friend

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Spectacular Member

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Isn't that somewhat Gaea's official title? Or are you implying that Ororo replace her and assume her duties as an Elder God?

Considering that that Ororo was born in Harlem, NYC... Perhaps, she should have said "'Sho you right, baby", huh?
    Storm was born in New York, but raised and lived most of her life in Africa. Her history is in Africa.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    The next red I feel will be more magneto focused storm will likely observe the going ons about the duel between tarn and vulcan and then likely magneto and tarn. She will also likely talk to Brand.
    I'm just waiting for a Magneto and Lodus Logos team up! We talked about Vulcan basically being one big battery for Storm. Well I can just imagine what those two can pull off!!

The pages below should illustrate the level of control Wyngarde had over Jean’s psyche, which he flooded with illusions and suggestions that were based on the Hellfire Club’s 18th-19th Century ideology and aesthetics, i.e., his illusions and suggestions were set during and echoed a time when owning slaves, both for sex and labor, was common, though the Hellfire Club continued owning slaves long after that period.

He pushed Jean to believe those illusions and suggestions were her reality and impulses through a combination of trauma, isolation, and grooming that he began perpetrating on Jean at the height of her grief, when she believed the X-Men had been killed. This went on for several months to up to a year with increasing frequency and intensity. So efficiently did he accomplish essentially brainwashing her, that she couldn’t even remember who she and her loved ones were or what time period she was in.

The Hellfire Club had no compunctions about taking over people’s minds and bodies to do with them whatever they pleased. Their abuses, particularly of women, have long been written about in the comics. Anyone trying to conflate the Hellfire Club’s agenda with the intentions and literal desires of Jean, who was essentially abused, is either unfamiliar with or can’t comprehend the nuances of the Phoenix and Dark Phoenix Sagas, or is simply trying to stir shit. Or maybe they just like belittling and making light of abuse victims.

Again, the Hellfire Club had no compunctions…

Now, that sure is “very f8cked up”!

Last edited by Mercury; 06-10-2022 at 01:21 PM.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Can we please not go down this road again for the umpteenth time ��
    Thank you! Because it will only lead to needless drama. It's a whole ass headache.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Oh sweet, dear Merc...You really don't know when you're being baited and how it's sometimes best to not respond, don't you?

To put it mildly and in no uncertain terms...nobody here gives a shit about this "feud" between Jean and Storm. Nobody. There is no need for you to go running to her "rescue" EVERY damn time somebody posts something "negative" or seemingly disparaging.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2022 at 01:10 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    Oh sweet, dear Merc...You really don't know when you're being baited and how it's sometimes best to not respond, don't you?
    Oh, I do. And I say: Fuck. Them.
    Jean Grey in the words of Walt Whitman, from his masterpiece Leaves of Grass, "Song of Myself" (51 and 52):

"Do I contradict myself? Very well then I contradict myself, (I am large, I contain multitudes.)"

"Failing to fetch me at first keep encouraged, Missing me one place search another, I stop somewhere waiting for you."

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Mercury View Post
    Oh, I do. And I say: Fuck. Them.
    Exactatiously! Fuck the haterz! Don't give them the satisfaction.

So please...please!...do not spam this thread with unnecessary Jean stuff.
    Last edited by Devaishwarya; 06-10-2022 at 01:13 PM.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

At this point I'm sure Merc has this in a folder for easy copy/pasting.