Page 433 of 833 FirstFirst ... 333383423429430431432433434435436437443483533 ... LastLast
Results 6,481 to 6,495 of 12488

Ohk just read immortal x-men #3 and yeah the storm system is definately a storm thing. Its definately something ewing is building towards with gillen qorming it from the side. Cant wait to see where the future takes storm.

Also saw the iceman infinity comic spoilers, very wild ride loved it but most importantly seems like Bobby's ice powers goes waaaay deeper than we even realized like really deep he can not only freeze matter but also the very concept of space and time. He can freeze reality itself though it is a level he finds very difficult to come back from. Love that elemental powers are being shown to be the primal forces of nature they truly are. Hopefully we get this energy from storm.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-22-2022 at 08:13 AM.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is confusing to me. Because she deserves it. She is actual earth royalty, from the oldest line, and very powerful, the very reasons why fans are always saying Storm deserves better are the very reasons she is regent. IT seemed pretty clear to me they were going to give it to namor but he shut mags and xavier down at the gala and then Storm had to step up. I mean i would like to see a scene of her actually accepting it maybe or making the choice but reallly don't need a scene of a run down on why Storm was the best for it as though her stance needs to be or should be explained. She was the best for the job sums it up to me.
    where was this said in story? why not Emma, Scott, kitty, Nightcrawler, Rogue, etc?
    Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-22-2022 at 08:21 AM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Ohk just read immortal x-men #3 and yeah the storm system is definately a storm thing. Its definately something ewing is building towards with gillen qorming it from the side. Cant wait to see where the future takes storm.
    HA!! Called it.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Also saw the iceman infinity comic spoilers, very wild ride loved it but most importantly seems like Bobby's ice powers goes waaaay deeper than we even realized like really deep he can not only freeze matter but also the very concept of space and time. He can freeze reality itself though it is a level he finds very difficult to come back from. Love that elemental powers are being shown to be the primal forces of nature they truly are. Hopefully we get this energy from storm.
    still haven't read how do you know its related to storm?
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    still haven't read how do you know its related to storm?
    Because of one thing the name, the storm system and the sol system are practically the same considering that storm is the very voice if the entire system. Also one of her futures is her being in the regent of sol outfit, and seeing that is the future we are headed towards yeah

Astonishing Member

Hey quick question, mostly for Reigna and jwatson as I'm pretty sure it'd be up your alley but for others as well - is anyone reading Al Ewing's creator-owned comic from Boom Studios? Its called "We Only Find Them When They're Dead" and its a space opera set in a distant future where salvage operations scavenge the corpses of dead alien gods for resources, and one spaceship and crew in particular who are determined to find a living god, instead of just the remnants of one.

Its a really interesting read, and I think gives some insights on Ewing's overall take on various sci-fi tropes - as well as examining ideas like how he said in an interview, how there's a difference between god-like as in a being that's worshipped and god-like as in having so much power that a being can't realistically be called anything OTHER than a god.....but how much of a difference IS there, and does it even matter when you're talking about beings on that scale?

(Plus, personally I'm pretty confident that if this comic were set in the Marvel universe, it would be about various races scavenging the corpses of dead Celestials.)

Because of one thing the name, the storm system and the sol system are practically the same considering that storm is the very voice if the entire system. Also one of her futures is her being in the regent of sol outfit, and seeing that is the future we are headed towards yeah
    I agree. I think the Future we are heading to is the "Storm System" why? Because the Judgement Day Future is literally next week. LOL But yeah I agree.

Wow! Makes perfect sense. Storm System here we go!
    Last edited by StormBorn06; 06-22-2022 at 11:12 AM.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Astonishing Member

The most interesting thing about that timeline direction is that the Storm System comes directly after The Empire of the Red Diamond.....which means that if events on the same timeline branch occur chronologically, as makes most sense....Storm consolidating the Sol System under herself seems to be the solution to Sinister's attempt at empire-building, or the thing that topples and then follows Sinister's empire of clones.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    I agree. I think the Future we are heading to is the "Storm System" why? Because the Judgement Day Future is literally next week. LOL But yeah I agree.
    Well, then again let's not get too EXCITED. About the "Storm System" These are Possible Futures and Sinister can change things at anytime.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    Well, then again let's not get too EXCITED. About the "Storm System" These are Possible Futures and Sinister can change things at anytime.
    I think only the timeline branch starting with Judgment Day will happen or will be a story. Anything else is probably just a passing remark.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Hey quick question, mostly for Reigna and jwatson as I'm pretty sure it'd be up your alley but for others as well - is anyone reading Al Ewing's creator-owned comic from Boom Studios? Its called "We Only Find Them When They're Dead" and its a space opera set in a distant future where salvage operations scavenge the corpses of dead alien gods for resources, and one spaceship and crew in particular who are determined to find a living god, instead of just the remnants of one.

Its a really interesting read, and I think gives some insights on Ewing's overall take on various sci-fi tropes - as well as examining ideas like how he said in an interview, how there's a difference between god-like as in a being that's worshipped and god-like as in having so much power that a being can't realistically be called anything OTHER than a god.....but how much of a difference IS there, and does it even matter when you're talking about beings on that scale?

(Plus, personally I'm pretty confident that if this comic were set in the Marvel universe, it would be about various races scavenging the corpses of dead Celestials.)
    Yeah I was reading that but didnt get new issues so will have to pirate the rest, but it was very interesting. It was a very very new take on gods and the fact that their corpses essentially fed the entire system. They moving to the intergalactic medium to get a god was also very interesting. Will get to reading the rest very soon.

But it does cement his idea that essentially on that level gods are impossible to estimate that differentiating what is a god and what isnt is kinda all over the place and he is right, I mean what is different from the pheonix and gaea that gaea is a god yet pheonix isnt. Food for thought.
    Last edited by Reigna; 06-22-2022 at 11:39 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I think only the timeline branch starting with Judgment Day will happen or will be a story. Anything else is probably just a passing remark.
    Correct. I would LOVE for this Future to come to pass. It's just knowing if it Will or Will Not come to pass is the problem. LOL

DAMN Sinister he's ALWAYS messing shit up.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    This is confusing to me. Because she deserves it. She is actual earth royalty, from the oldest line, and very powerful, the very reasons why fans are always saying Storm deserves better are the very reasons she is regent. IT seemed pretty clear to me they were going to give it to namor but he shut mags and xavier down at the gala and then Storm had to step up. I mean i would like to see a scene of her actually accepting it maybe or making the choice but reallly don't need a scene of a run down on why Storm was the best for it as though her stance needs to be or should be explained. She was the best for the job sums it up to me.
    Ororo may be of royal lineage thru her mother on Earth in Kenya -- but from the oldest line? Compared to whos and what culture? You make it sound as if Ororo's line of succession were the first dynasty in all of Africa.
    Last edited by Micabe; 06-22-2022 at 12:00 PM. Reason: Link(s) added.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    Ororo may be of royal lineage thru her mother on Earth in Kenya -- but from the oldest line? Compared to whos and what culture? You make it sound as if Ororo's line of succession were the first dynasty in all of Africa.
    He is referring to Storm's Family Line being as Old as Early Atlanteans before the Destruction of Atlantis. Because that's as far as her lineage is traced to.