Page 44 of 833 FirstFirst ... 344041424344454647485494144544 ... LastLast
    Extraordinary Member

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Sir, no one is bitter over this mess.

What we are is TIRED of these writers having Storm being KOed by something that decades of canon states she is immune to as recently as her own solo.

When was the last time Human Torch was taken down by a flame blast? When was the last time Iceman had to worry about hypothermia? When was the last time Colossus or Emma in their armor forms had to worry about bullets?

Yeah, never.

As for your latter part, literally no one here was or is expecting Storm to be the show stealer in this book. So I don't know where you got that type of energy from. And using every power she has does not mean that her natural built in IMMUNITY should be ignored.

These should not be hard things for your mind to grasp.
    I do agree w/ your point but if(hopefully) Storm is featured more quantity this stuff will happen a lot more

Same way Reed/Doom/Stark gets bested or outsmarted by smth he's already figured out way before(heck even Kitty"ninja"Pryde walked into the Baxter building as if being a ninja is an explanation ), Spider-man is nerfed and taken out by things he no sells, Bruce gets outsmarted by the Likes of Dent and Joker when he can outsmart Lex and Darkseid, etc.

Def. a valid complaint though

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    I do agree w/ your point but if(hopefully) Storm is featured more quantity this stuff will happen a lot more

Same way Reed/Doom/Stark gets bested or outsmarted by smth he's already figured out way before(heck even Kitty"ninja"Pryde walked into the Baxter building as if being a ninja is an explanation ), Spider-man is nerfed and taken out by things he no sells, Bruce gets outsmarted by the Likes of Dent and Joker when he can outsmart Lex and Darkseid, etc.

Def. a valid complaint though
    But you see the main difference between your examples and what we saw with Storm is that no one second guesses that Bruce, Reed, Doom, or Tony are extremely intelligent men. As I'm sure you're well aware, Spider-Man always pulls his punches as to not kill anyone and (I'm assuming) would happily take the L than risk killing his enemy.

No one will try and paint an argument that Reed or Tony are dumb men because of the events of abc. Why? Because it's obvious that they needed to be outsmarted otherwise there would be no story to be told. People accept that and no harm is done to the character.

The difference again in this case with Storm is that she didn't need to be taken out with lightning. Look at how the other characters were taken out of the fight:

-Areo and Aarkus get the Nickelodeon slime bomb.

-Human Torch and Ironman get taken out by some mystical fog or what have you.

Of all the ways they could have taken Storm out of the fight the writer decided to use lightning which she's immune too. Going back to what I was saying earlier, the reason this is so annoying is that unlike Reed or Doom, people in fact DO question Storm's immunity to lightning that aren't her own. Incidents like this (besides just being extremely lazy) don't help her case.

Like you said, if Storm starts appearing in more books there's a chance for this to happen more and more often. I disagree. Storm, for ALL her power, is still flesh and blood. Something the haters love pointing out like it nullifies her Godhood but I digress...

Any decent writer can come out with a way to take Storm out without needing to back peddle and use the same tactics from when she first fought Magneto.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I love her soo much I recently got to know that she was a professional wrestler and that whe made an iconic entrance into the ring as storm. I was soo enthralled. I love seeing storm fans go out there and get it looking as fab as we do.
    I did not know this! I thought it was just a really built cosplayer.

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I did not know this! I thought it was just a really built cosplayer.
    I was sooo glad when I learnt of this. She brought her daughter and everything... it really gave me the feels cause I bslice storm had a very strong impact on her life, like me and like many others.

But you see the main difference between your examples and what we saw with Storm is that no one second guesses that Bruce, Reed, Doom, or Tony are extremely intelligent men. As I'm sure you're well aware, Spider-Man always pulls his punches as to not kill anyone and (I'm assuming) would happily take the L than risk killing his enemy.

No one will try and paint an argument that Reed or Tony are dumb men because of the events of abc. Why? Because it's obvious that they needed to be outsmarted otherwise there would be no story to be told. People accept that and no harm is done to the character.

The difference again in this case with Storm is that she didn't need to be taken out with lightning. Look at how the other characters were taken out of the fight:

Of all the ways they could have taken Storm out of the fight the writer decided to use lightning which she's immune too. Going back to what I was saying earlier, the reason this is so annoying is that unlike Reed or Doom, people in fact DO question Storm's immunity to lightning that aren't her own. Incidents like this (besides just being extremely lazy) don't help her case.

Like you said, if Storm starts appearing in more books there's a chance for this to happen more and more often. I disagree. Storm, for ALL her power, is still flesh and blood. Something the haters love pointing out like it nullifies her Godhood but I digress...

Any decent writer can come out with a way to take Storm out without needing to back peddle and use the same tactics from when she first fought Magneto.
    Like that's the thing I am not shook because she got taken out I am shook because it was with lightning. Like tfl? If lightning lass ain't safe from lightning the only thing she can do then its only a matter of time before long neck or beak get to jump her. Like the streets ain't safe no more. Thankfully no body reads this book and I haven't read the entire issue so I am hoping she at least gets up before the issue ends.

you are very right in the sense that the haters would take this one moment and day this proves she is weak or not immune to lightning. Also who is the writers name anyway the covers to this book always makes my brain go numb from how bland they are
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-31-2022 at 01:41 AM.

I was sooo glad when I learnt of this. She brought her daughter and everything... it really gave me the feels cause I bslice storm had a very strong impact on her life, like me and like many others.
    Oh really!? We love generational love for Storm in this house!

Like that's the thing I am not shook because she got taken out I am shook because it was with lightning. Like tfl? If lightning lass ain't safe from lightning the only thing she can do then its only a matter of time before long neck or beak get to jump her. Like the streets ain't safe no more. Thankfully no body reads this book and I haven't read the entire issue so I am hoping she at least gets up before the issue ends.
    Thank you! That's the driving point here.

No one is upset AT ALL that Storm was taken out. Hell, Ironman and his armor were 123ed and Human Torch was either de-powered or hit so hard he got KOed and shifted back human. So it's a given that Storm would suffer the same fate since I believe HT is not even all the way solid when he's in Torch mode? And obviously Ironman is tanky.

you are very right in the sense that the haters would take this one moment and day this proves she is weak or not immune to lightning. Also who is the writers name anyway the covers to this book always makes my brain go numb from how bland they are
    Yep. It's just more work for anyone trying to fight for Storm because they'd have to bring up scan after scan after scan of her displaying her immunity to lightning.

The writer is Kurt Busiek.

Oh really!? We love generational love for Storm in this house!

Thank you! That's the driving point here.

No one is upset AT ALL that Storm was taken out. Hell, Ironman and his armor were 123ed and Human Torch was either de-powered or hit so hard he got KOed and shifted back human. So it's a given that Storm would suffer the same fate since I believe HT is not even all the way solid when he's in Torch mode? And obviously Ironman is tanky.
    Yes we do.

Yeah he is kinda intangible like living flame and is immune to heat or plasma based attacks. Hence why they used the mystical fog against him. But they couldn't remember to do that with storm apparently.

Yep. It's just more work for anyone trying to fight for Storm because they'd have to bring up scan after scan after scan of her displaying her immunity to lightning.

The writer is Kurt Busiek.
    Hmmm I see. Haters are going to hate no matter how hard you try. all we gotta do is keep loving our fave and supporting her. After all in the end most we are arguing with are... what did that one person say? Oh yes bitter.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

You seem to be misunderstanding our issues in this thread.

We don't have a issue with Storm needing to be KOed if the plot demands it because let's face facts. Most of the X-Women can solo nearly any threat they come across when written to their full capabilities. We're irked because once again they're using lightning as the reason WHY she's been taken out.

This should have ended that. Period.

And are you new here? We're constantly celebrating her new status and position. No one is refusing anything and to be frank it reads like you're intentionally trying to stir the pot by acting dense.

Edit:

Actually I'm going to post the entire page. You see what happens here? Lightning doesn't work so the writer took advantage of the fact that Storm is still a flesh and blood being and has human durability.

BOOOM!!! beautifully said!

Quote Originally Posted by Klaue's Mixtape View Post

she's gorgeous!! <3 <3

speaking nothing but facts again!
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Yes we do.

Yeah he is kinda intangible like living flame and is immune to heat or plasma based attacks. Hence why they used the mystical fog against him. But they couldn't remember to do that with storm apparently.
    I see.

Hmmm I see. Haters are going to hate no matter how hard you try. all we gotta do is keep loving our fave and supporting her. After all in the end most we are arguing with are... what did that one person say? Oh yes bitter.
    Truths! All truths!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    BOOOM!!! beautifully said!

speaking nothing but facts again!
    Thank you. I don't want to come off as needing to take a Xanax, it's just sometimes you just have to explain things down all the way to get the point across.

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    I was done with this book after issue 1. I have not been impressed with nothing that storm has done in the book and frankly not shocked they gave us 2000s/2010 storm that gets dropped after talking like she about to do something.

storms made hurricanes, thunderstorms, tornadoes inside buildings. she doesn't need atmosphere to create weather effects. she needs the energies/forces that result in weather phenomena to perform such abilities:

yup it felt very 2000/2010 storm spot on!
    But you were the one who said I read it wrong. what I had said is that Storm had made it rain on a planet without an atmosphere, so my friend said no, that first it created an atmosphere and then it made it rain.
    and in the scan you brought, regardless of it having made hurricanes, tornadoes and rain inside a building, it was still inside a planetary atmosphere. In the power of Light, she did something totally innovative.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    When they face Arakko's wrath, they will give up.
    And i was genuinely rooting for tchalla/storm this time...he aint changed one bit though smh..

I just KNOW the night members of the council are gonna act UP when they reveal themselves. Especially with that man on their moon puffing out his chest lol.

You seem to be misunderstanding our issues in this thread.

We don't have a issue with Storm needing to be KOed if the plot demands it because let's face facts. Most of the X-Women can solo nearly any threat they come across when written to their full capabilities. We're irked because once again they're using lightning as the reason WHY she's been taken out.

This should have ended that. Period.

And are you new here? We're constantly celebrating her new status and position. No one is refusing anything and to be frank it reads like you're intentionally trying to stir the pot by acting dense.

Edit:

Actually I'm going to post the entire page. You see what happens here? Lightning doesn't work so the writer took advantage of the fact that Storm is still a flesh and blood being and has human durability.

It reminded me of the day when I was talking to a hater about Storm's resistance to electricity, I sent this scan as proof, however he used the fact that Ororo fell backwards as soon as Callisto bounces her lightning, as if she had been affected lolol

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

the writer apparently clarified that wasn't lightning that took her out.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!