Page 447 of 833 FirstFirst ... 347397437443444445446447448449450451457497547 ... LastLast
Results 6,691 to 6,705 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Oh, my God, you're not Hickman, and Butterflykyss is not Coates. The real reason behind this is known only to them and only to Marvel.Sometimes reservations are important, and your arguments will get nowhere. You all think you're right.
    Exactly stormborn these arguments are pointless. It's not relevant now because in the end ewing is the one with the pen. Let's just see where he take us with it. I hope it's one of the best journey's ever.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Oh, my God, you're not Hickman, and Butterflykyss is not Coates. The real reason behind this is known only to them and only to Marvel.Sometimes reservations are important, and your arguments will get nowhere. You all think you're right.
    how does pointing to a timeline of events make you conclude I think im Coates or anyone other than butterflykyss? I asked two questions based upon your belief Hickman came along and did great things for storm independent of storm and simply asked two questioms:

1. if hickman wanted to make her an omega why didn't he in the supergiant story I referenced?
    2. what changed his mind from that story to when he began working on dawn of x back in 20182019???

I've already agreed with disagree but I think from a circumstantial evidence perspective the evidence speaks loudly for itself.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Exactly stormborn these arguments are pointless. It's not relevant now because in the end ewing is the one with the pen. Let's just see where he take us with it. I hope it's one of the best journey's ever.
    I dont mind these discussions I enjoy them and welcome them lol
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by OG Storm View Post
    Guggenheim was hired to nerf the X-men. All of the writers were. But if you want to pretend Coates magically pushed the x office in a new direction be my guest.
    so nearly every writer then after the annulment was brought to do the same?? you do see the absurdity in such a claim right? the answer onst some conspiracy against storm or the X-Men. Guggenheim favorite character was kitty pride and he wrote stories to reflect that. she did a bunch of badass stuff during the run and he was the reason rogue and gambit were married which is still a thing. he also expressed difficulty in writing storm which would simply indicate he was not as invested in her story as he was others.

Mighty Member

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    of course it wasn't Coates nor could you site any alternative explanation lol.

period that is literally the only thing that changed for the character during that time lolol. like I said the evidence speaks for itself.
    I am so glad that Hickman included her on the omega list. He did that, not Coates. Duggan had her create an atmosphere and climate, not Coates, Ewing is writing her well in Red. Despite your frustration about the lost decade we eating good now and it's because of the x office that it is now happening.

how does pointing to a timeline of events make you conclude I think im Coates or anyone other than butterflykyss? I asked two questions based upon your belief Hickman came along and did great things for storm independent of storm and simply asked two questioms:

1. if hickman wanted to make her an omega why didn't he in the supergiant story I referenced?
    2. what changed his mind from that story to when he began working on dawn of x back in 20182019???

I've already agreed with disagree but I think from a circumstantial evidence perspective the evidence speaks loudly for itself.
    I'm not the villain here. I'm just trying to be objective.

I'm not going to say much more about this than to ask Hickman directly for an answer. I think your point is interesting and have a good day.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Mighty Member

so nearly every writer then after the annulment was brought to do the same?? you do see the absurdity in such a claim right? the answer onst some conspiracy against storm or the X-Men. Guggenheim favorite character was kitty pride and he wrote stories to reflect that. she did a bunch of badass stuff during the run and he was the reason rogue and gambit were married which is still a thing. he also expressed difficulty in writing storm which would simply indicate he was not as invested in her story as he was others.
    He nerfed Magik but you forget one thing Guggenheim had her one shot Terrax. Yes after the annulment every writer was brought in to tell stories of loss and suffering for the X-men. Heck Hickman makes it clear that he had to turn down pitches because the writers were coming in with stories about loss.

I'm not the villain here. I'm just trying to be objective.

I'm not going to say much more about this than to ask Hickman directly for an answer. I think your point is interesting and have a good day.
    im not trying to assert you are a villain im just asking questions my friend because I'm not basing my points out of loving Coates. I mean I do for his writings but im actually coming to this conclusion based upon the things I've presented in this forum. I could never prove it but circumstantial evidence in this case works for me.

also im not going to ask him directly this as I think it speaks for itself. if he has plans to make her omega that supergiant story would had been the perfect place to do it if he truly believed her to be one.

I am so glad that Hickman included her on the omega list. He did that, not Coates. Duggan had her create an atmosphere and climate, not Coates, Ewing is writing her well in Red. Despite your frustration about the lost decade we eating good now and it's because of the x office that it is now happening.

im glad she is on it to. he should have confirmed her back in 2014 but better late than never. and you realize we eating good now because of her poor treatment over the years in the xbooks. its good to remember so that her fans never accept anything less moving forward.

and please ive yet to see a feat even from Ewing that compares to defeating a multiversal threat such as adversary that can give Phoenix powered beings a run for their money... but nice try with the creating climate reference it was cute (^_^)

He nerfed Magik but you forget one thing Guggenheim had her one shot Terrax. Yes after the annulment every writer was brought in to tell stories of loss and suffering for the X-men. Heck Hickman makes it clear that he had to turn down pitches because the writers were coming in with stories about loss.

she didn't one shot him. im pretty sure they taking him out was done as a team.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

also im not going to ask him directly this as I think it speaks for itself. if he has plans to make her omega that supergiant story would had been the perfect place to do it if he truly believed her to be one.
    This does not make any sense.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

I'm literally having Popcorn and White wine as I'm reading through this thread. Y'Alls hilarious!

The fact of the matter is...for ALL that Coates did with Storm in the BP book none of her X-writers...not Duggan in Marauders and not Ewing in SWORD or XMR, have directly referenced any of it...not her relationship status with T'Challa, not her Godhead, not her being Orisha...none of it.

What happens in Wakanda, stays in Wakanda.

and thank the Bright Lady for that.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    This does not make any sense.
    what doesn't make sense? for me storms treatment changed because coates rose the bar. Hickman and crew saw this and wanted to do better for the character. if he had always had storm in mind as being an omega or thought of her as one he would have had supergiant refer to storm as one but he didn't.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    I'm literally having Popcorn and White wine as I'm reading through this thread. Y'Alls hilarious!

The fact of the matter is...for ALL that Coates did with Storm in the BP book none of her X-writers...not Duggan in Marauders and not Ewing in SWORD or XMR, have directly referenced any of it...not her relationship status with T'Challa, not her Godhead, not her being Orisha...none of it.

no one has referenced the hadari yao in the xbooks really? I must have mistakenly thought her being a regent was from 616 timeline:

yall girls have fun cause the gaslighting today been too much for me.... lol

Last edited by butterflykyss; 06-24-2022 at 04:49 PM.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post

Because Honestly, what Coates attempted to do for the Character did more harm than good. Yes, he had good intentions, but it just fell completely Flat and no direction.

what doesn't make sense? for me storms treatment changed because coates rose the bar. Hickman and crew saw this and wanted to do better for the character. if he had always had storm in mind as being an omega or thought of her as one he would have had supergiant refer to storm as one but he didn't.
    Your making a WAY to big of an assumption that Hickman already knew what he wanted to do with the X-Men while he was writing New Avengers Issue #9. And you would be Wrong to assume that. Your argument makes no sense to that point.

im not trying to assert you are a villain im just asking questions my friend because I'm not basing my points out of loving Coates. I mean I do for his writings but im actually coming to this conclusion based upon the things I've presented in this forum. I could never prove it but circumstantial evidence in this case works for me.

I understand. The answer is, indeed, self-evident, but slightly different. I keep the different parts in my mind.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.