Page 458 of 833 FirstFirst ... 358408448454455456457458459460461462468508558 ... LastLast
Results 6,856 to 6,870 of 12488
    Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    Yes, we will.I just want it to be mature and reasonable conflict.
    disagreements are fine. couples have these all time. but Ridley gave us was grade school level interactions between the two. if there is conflict Ewing certainly won't have them depicted as Ridley did in panther. so that is a plus in my book.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    disagreements are fine. couples have these all time. but Ridley gave us was grade school level interactions between the two. if there is conflict Ewing certainly won't have them depicted as Ridley did in panther. so that is a plus in my book.
    I don't like storm looking stupid for bad writing. She is the ruler who should show the dignity of that position.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Sarveśām Svastir Bhavatu Devaishwarya's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by Grunty View Post
    I feel the government of Krakoa in general should have never been the place of any of the X-men, since it not only heavily ties them down with responcibility and keeps them locked in that position, but it also directly or indirectly makes them responcible for the failures and mistakes of the government, which will always occur in order to create crisi and issues that need to be fixed.

Not to forget that the obvious cases of "Realpolitik" which will occur in such scenarios harm their presentation overall.

Super heros are supposed to be those who jump into action to help the governments or fix their mistakes, in order to look better both moraly and personaly, not be the leaders who create the very messes that then need fixing at the last minute.

Though their villains shouldn't have been on the government either, since it just makes it all look like a house of card covered in gasoline with a burning match sitting besides it, making obvious that it will ultimately fail in some way.

That is not to say that a few heros or villains can't be on the government, after all it needs recognizable voices and re-occuring characters the readers can give a damn about. But the majority of the government needs to be generic cogs in the machine who support or oppose the heros or downright create the mess they fix.
    But those "generic cogs" aren't marketable and regardless of what the fan bases here say...nobody wants to read about some unfamiliar C/D-lister.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

I don't like storm looking stupid for bad writing. She is the ruler who should show the dignity of that position.
    she looked really stupid in Ridley's last issue of black panther can't lie there.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    she looked really stupid in Ridley's last issue of black panther can't lie there.
    Yes, Ridley needs to get away from the storm.Unfortunately, it seems that he will continue to use storm for the next 2 issues, although she will probably just help with the wind and summon lightning.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I have dug and dug and dug couldn't find anything. But from the interview where he says he tailored the pheonix to ororo's power level it makes sense. He has her say this thing about the ability to transcend the very being and her see it happen before.
    Attachment 122216
    This is kinda random but that scan reminded me of when Storm talked about seeing the world around her as energy, and I got to thinking about the time she countered telekinesis with electricity... basically what I'm saying is shouldn't Storm be able to see telepathy energy as well and disrupt it? or am I reaching...

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    The art is a HUGE step down.
    Yes it is. But it gives stephano a breather, he has been killing yt and issue 5 onwards he will kill it again.

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    This is kinda random but that scan reminded me of when Storm talked about seeing the world around her as energy, and I got to thinking about the time she countered telekinesis with electricity... basically what I'm saying is shouldn't Storm be able to see telepathy energy as well and disrupt it? or am I reaching...
    Storm should definitely be effective against TK and TP as well as magic. Because they're all energy.

What if this meeting ends badly?
    They is both much a likely good for tension.

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

What are ya'll talking about?

Quote Originally Posted by chief12d View Post
    Yea, IMX is the Emma, Mystique, Charles, Destiny show. Just like how XMR is for Storm, Cable, Sunspot, and Magneto. Everyone and everything else is meant to be supplemental to the core character beats and actions of those characters so I definitely wouldn’t be picking up IMX if Storm is your only priority.

She’s a tertiary player but I don’t think that’s a bad thing as long as there is a place where she can take center stage. I’d feel much more strongly about the lack of agency in IMX if XMR didn’t exist. It’s like Thor and the Avengers. His best characterization and feats come from his solo book, the Avengers membership is just the icing on top. Sometimes it’s bland and can be ignored other times it can actually be really good.
    Definitely. (Thankfully I love Emma, Destiny and Mystique...even if I'm not crazy about how Sinister-centric IMX's plot is)

I'm expecting Storm's appearance(s) in IXM to be bland...unless...if it's one of the later issues where either Shaw or Sinister's **** starts to become unbearable (as per red-diamond gossip) and she has a strong hand in shutting either of them down.

I think Gillen is in the process of refining the QC and we'll see a tonal shift at the end of this initial run.
    Lord Ewing *Praise His name! Uplift Him in song!* Your divine works will be remembered and glorified in worship for all eternity. Amen!

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I'm fine with Storm staying on the council. It's not like Kitty is doing much their either or kurt for that matter. But i'm up for storm keeping all her seats, just because gillien isn't exploring her role/duty to krakoa doesn't mean some other writer won't and it would be silly to step down when she needs to be informed in order to futher protect arrako. So while she may be bored at least unlike a lot of other characters she is staying informed and that in of itself gives her an edge over brand. I just can't see storm deciding "oh i'm bored let me step down and let them do whatever they want with Krakoa." When she ready to disagree i'm sure she will. lol
    Kitty does tho she voices her opinions on certain matters. She calls out Xavier and even votes against Emma's interests at times. She is not there often but she definately bas a presence in the qc, same for kurt. The only other personnehi doesnt really talk is exodus but that is changing.

Quote Originally Posted by Cyclone_Ablaze View Post
    What are ya'll talking about?
    Wednesday's xmr# 4

Astonishing Member Cyclone_Ablaze's Avatar

Wednesday's xmr# 4
    Oh! Ok.

I’m curious who the Guest Character that Appears to Roberto Decosta when he comes back. It better NOT BE an Avenger or I’ll smack someone’s MAMA!!

From the cover it looks like...Rockslide? But it could be some other "strange" rock-like mutant (though I don't think there is any one else who looks like that).