Page 491 of 833 FirstFirst ... 391441481487488489490491492493494495501541591 ... LastLast
Results 7,351 to 7,365 of 12488

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    That's a good answer! When people say "living Goddess" do they mean mortal?
    i think she is mortal until she isn't. It's been said she has god hood and even in the descriptions in LOX and stuff she has made the impact of that status so i do see this as her mortal life in the same way i saw hercules mortal life (in general, the myth) as one. A belasco scene i saw posted not long ago actually speaks of it to me where he talks about the celestial consequnces of what killing one of the xmen would mean and he didn't care, to me i assume it was storm. so while she isn't there yet in terms of what one would call a true celestial being i guess i think that is ultimately where her joruney ends and why she holds on so tight to her humanity. i guess i feel based on her history at some point when storm is no longer storm as we know her there is a space in the fabric of the marvel universe where she fits and all her destiny is leading there.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    Number of People on my ignore list: 0
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.
    https://www.instagram.com/jartist27/

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    i think she is mortal until she isn't. It's been said she has god hood and even in the descriptions in LOX and stuff she has made the impact of that status so i do see this as her mortal life in the same way i saw hercules mortal life (in general, the myth) as one. A belasco scene i saw posted not long ago actually speaks of it to me where he talks about the celestial consequnces of what killing one of the xmen would mean and he didn't care, to me i assume it was storm. so while she isn't there yet in terms of what one would call a true celestial being i guess i think that is ultimately where her joruney ends and why she holds on so tight to her humanity. i guess i feel based on her history at some point when storm is no longer storm as we know her there is a space in the fabric of the marvel universe where she fits and all her destiny is leading there.
    I can check if you can find the post... Right now, all I can think of is Magik (Illyana and Storm Limited Series).
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-08-2022 at 07:40 AM. Reason: Typo correction(s)

Quote Originally Posted by The Regent View Post
    So if I held a lightning bolt to your edges and told you to put Goddess Storm in a category which would it be.
    A) Classic Thor, Classic Silver Surfer, Classic Dr. Strange
    B) Odin, Thanos, Zues
    C) Galactus, Dark Phoenix, Celestials
    Oh to me storm is the one and only... call me delusional or crazy but none is greater than storm. There is a reason she is known by many as the queen of marvel... celestials who? Eternity where? Bish she contained eternity and was a little tipsy after.
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-07-2022 at 11:08 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by BPStorm2 View Post
    Quick question.

Do you guys like Storm on a X-men team or

By herself ?
    Honestly I want it to alternate. Storm is a very good charachter, I have said this in the past and I will say it again storm is the single most franchise perfect xcharchter, she has it all! Her family is an ancient lime of priestess that stretch back all the way to the dawn of time itself. They have a very distinct mark the white hair and blue eyes, the power is passed from mother to daughter, they have a long lived history with great civilisations like atalntis and egypt they are legendary. You can build an entire cinematic universe from that alone. Heck disney can reboot the failed atlantis franchise from that! Marvel themselves haven't even realised that they created avatar before avatar. But as usual they try to box her one thing one place instead of allowing her to grow to be who she was designed to be. Storm on her own will easily work, storm on a team will also work but I prefer when she is on a team but is allowed to do solo things/missions.
    Last edited by Reigna; 07-07-2022 at 11:10 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    Honestly I want it to alternate. Storm is a very good charachter, I have said this in the past and I will say it again storm is the single most franchise perfect xcharchter, she has it all! Her family is an ancient lime of priestess that stretch back all the way to the dawn of time itself. They have a very distinct mark the white hair and blue eyes, the power is passed from mother to daughter, they have a long lived history with great civilisations like atalntis and egypt they are legendary. You can build an entire cinematic universe from that alone. Heck disney can reboot the failed atlantis franchise from that! Marvel themselves haven't even realised that they created avatar before avatar. But as usual they try to box her one thing one place instead of allowing her to grow to be who she was designed to be. Storm on her own will easily work, storm on a team will also work but I prefer when she is on a team but is allowed to do solo things/missions.
    I keep wondering why Marvel or Claremont never explored Storm's family history in detail. Now I think it might be simple. The focus is always on the famous characters, and even giving Storm a whole mysterious family tree is mostly to increase her value. Marvel is more focused on the present and future of the character, her family history is only brought up when needed.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by StormBorn06 View Post
    I keep wondering why Marvel or Claremont never explored Storm's family history in detail. Now I think it might be simple. The focus is always on the famous characters, and even giving Storm a whole mysterious family tree is mostly to increase her value. Marvel is more focused on the present and future of the character, her family history is only brought up when needed.
    I mean claremot did a alot for storm he was focused on her here and now but he did plant seeds something that could have been developed a long while ago. Marvel has been reluctant to give that aspect the proper attention. Like I get trying to focus on the here and now but bruh, you are a literal buisness trying to make money getting oke of your best female characters and building a string familiar mythos around her should be at the top of your list.

Me my thing is I want storm to become weird again. Her powers have always felt grandiose and dramatic almost as if they had a life of their own, well it's time to follow suit have her do very crazy esoteric things with the elements. Sometimes when we use science to describe storms powers I realize that we are even giving the bare minimum. The lady said she can perform miracles like they are seccond nature, well have her do miracles. I want to see very wierd weather mindbending abstract shit. Her arakii bestows on the GR are all very meta in their abilities let's lean into that. Let's make storm uncanny again! Thank you.

https://powerlisting.fandom.com › A...
    Abnormal Weather - Superpower Wiki - Fandom

This is like sooo weird I love it.

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I mean claremot did a alot for storm he was focused on her here and now but he did plant seeds something that could have been developed a long while ago. Marvel has been reluctant to give that aspect the proper attention. Like I get trying to focus on the here and now but bruh, you are a literal buisness trying to make money getting oke of your best female characters and building a string familiar mythos around her should be at the top of your list.
    Marvel's business plans often revolve around gimmicks.Maybe we'll get Old Woman Ororo or something.
    Al Ewing made Storm great again! Storm greatest challenge might not be a matter of destruction, but creation.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    I can check if you can find the post... Right now, all I can think of is the Magik (Illyana and Storm Limited Series (1-4)).
    It could have been from the series directly but i think it was a post in the Magick thread where i actually thought about the line and it was when he was going to destroy the xmen and was like but there is one more soul that could create cosmic consquences.
    Don't let anyone else hold the candle that lights the way to your future because only you can sustain the flame.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

BANNED

He was busy focusing on the Gray family and Marvel approved wholeheartedly?
    Last edited by Micabe; 07-08-2022 at 07:51 AM.

Quote Originally Posted by Micabe View Post
    He was busy focusing on the Gray family and Marvel approved wholeheartedly?
    Except for some kids from parallel universes and dark futures.

BANNED

Except for some kids from parallel universes and dark futures.
    Touche'

If i'm honest i'm kind of glad it didn't happen yet but i would LOVE if Ewing decided to dive into it. If it had happened back when claremont was doing it it would have no doubt been watered down because even today people aren't allowed to "go there" and he did a lot with the hints and points he did make and put in but didn't over step to where some at the time may have wanted to purposefully destroy the character. Then if it happened during the years when fox had the rights for all we know Storm would have ended up another case of Wanda and Pietro which is sort of what i felt the long game was anyway shifting storm so much into a wakandian character that marvel could have used a "version of her in their movies and still get away with it compared to what Fox was putting out. I feel if it were going to happen now is a really good time though, there are still a lot of obstacles sure but she is in the hands of a writer that at least tries to tell stories rather than prove points. So everything happens for a reason and for everything in time it's place.
    #conceptualthinking ^_^
    #ByeMarvEN

Into the breach.

If i'm honest i'm kind of glad it didn't happen yet but i would LOVE if Ewing decided to dive into it. If it had happened back when claremont was doing it it would have no doubt been watered down because even today people aren't allowed to "go there" and he did a lot with the hints and points he did make and put in but didn't over step to where some at the time may have wanted to purposefully destroy the character. Then if it happened during the years when fox had the rights for all we know Storm would have ended up another case of Wanda and Pietro which is sort of what i felt the long game was anyway shifting storm so much into a wakandian character that marvel could have used a "version of her in their movies and still get away with it compared to what Fox was putting out. I feel if it were going to happen now is a really good time though, there are still a lot of obstacles sure but she is in the hands of a writer that at least tries to tell stories rather than prove points. So everything happens for a reason and for everything in time it's place.
    Oh, I forgot that Fox used to own the copyright. You're right. It would be terrible. I was hoping Ewing would dig storm out for a deeper connection to Arakko and maybe some potential ancestor.

It could have been from the series directly but i think it was a post in the Magick thread where i actually thought about the line and it was when he was going to destroy the xmen and was like but there is one more soul that could create cosmic consquences.
    Do you know what series that line could have been from?