Page 5 of 833 FirstFirst 1234567891555105505 ... LastLast

Quote Originally Posted by Reigna View Post
    I would like to see here create sentient monsters out of the elements. Something like a storm chuthulu would put the fear of God in almost anyone.

Attachment 116930
    Attachment 116931
    I would love for Marvel to do an event, focused on more "horror" of the Lovecraftian genre, with the Scarlet Witch and the Storm being the main ones...

But it would be very interesting for her to create, or even fight a sentient elemental monster, she did something similar in Coates' run.

Quote Originally Posted by Devaishwarya View Post
    The Cloud Face feat was in an X-Men Annual (just before she got married to T'Challa.
    The Sound Barrier feat was in Extreme X-Men so she and Yukio could talk in private.
    Air/Breath Vacuum she's done a few times once against Magneto using a vortex around him. And directly on Wakandan soldiers in her World Apart mini.
    She threatened to give Sinister a brain aneurysm by manipulating his synapses.
    She also already used the Thunder Generation in Black Sun, when she threw away Psylocke.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    She also already used the Thunder Generation in Black Sun, when she threw away Psylocke.

I always thought that was lightning

Quote Originally Posted by Spiderfan001 View Post
    Hickman reveals that an initial plan for Storm in "Giant-Size X-Men" was gonna be that she's pregnant with T'Challa's baby and said baby was gonna be raised in The World. An heir of 2 Kingdoms who would unify them. Start around the 1h38 mark to listen:

https://www.xplainthexmen.com/2022/0...ze-special-10/
    Thank God editorial shut that **** down. The last thing both characters need right now is a story about baby momma/daddy drama.
    T'Challa
    A.K.A. The Black Panther
    King of Wakanda
    King of the Dead and The Champion of Bast
    Two-Time Time Magazine "Person Of The Year"
    Six-Time People Magazine "Sexiest Man Alive"

I would love for Marvel to do an event, focused on more "horror" of the Lovecraftian genre, with the Scarlet Witch and the Storm being the main ones...

But it would be very interesting for her to create, or even fight a sentient elemental monster, she did something similar in Coates' run.
    Yep that would be awesome Ewing has brought up elements such as mysterium which can help explore Storm's magical abilities.

Her exploring that is very important because it is a way to connect to her family and ancestry. Unlike many of the other main xmen storm kinda is alone... Jean has Scott, Nate and Rachel, Kurt has rouge and his mom, colossus has his wife whom he killed, Charles has David, magneto has Polaris, Logan has daken Laura and scout and so on and so forth. Storm alone has no family on the island or involved in the comics in any capacity I mean there is tachala but apparently he has ulterior motives for storm (hate this). She kinda has no one when push comes to shove save herself. Some might say kate but that girl ain't her blood. Would be nice to have storm be able to communicate with her ancestors. But anyways.... We move.
    Last edited by Reigna; 01-03-2022 at 11:49 AM.

BANNED

Quote Originally Posted by BlackClaw View Post
    Thank God editorial shut that **** down. The last thing both characters need right now is a story about baby momma/daddy drama.
    She has a daughter who came from the future too. Kymera.

Jean Grey and the Scarlet Witch have children. Some writer will have Storm have children. Maybe editorial will change it’s mind on Storm.

Or Sinister could combine Storm’s DNA with someone else, making w test tube child or chimera. Something is going to happen.

BANNED

Yep that would be awesome Ewing has brought up elements such as mysterium which can help explore Storm's magical abilities.

Her exploring that is very important because it is a way to connect to her family and ancestry. Unlike many of the other main xmen storm kinda is alone... Jean has Scott, Nate and Rachel, Kurt has rouge and his mom, colossus has his wife whom he killed, Charles has David, magneto has Polaris, Logan has daken Laura and scout and so on and so forth. Storm alone has no family on the island or involved in the comics in any capacity I mean there is tachala but apparently he has ulterior motives for storm (hate this). She kinda has no one when push comes to shove save herself. Some might say kate but that girl ain't her blood. Would be nice to have storm be able to communicate with her ancestors. But anyways.... We move.
    She her grandparents on both sides of her family are alive. She has other relatives too.

Hmmm this is actually lightning impact force vs thunder. Didn’t we see her use thnderclaps to drop the Nanny controlled X-Men in Classic Uncanny & also during the CC rub where she took out Bludgeon & Cudgel?
    Be the change you wish to see in the world.

Quote Originally Posted by WallStreeter View Post
    She her grandparents on both sides of her family are alive. She has other relatives too.
    Yeah but where are they? Have they been around since the Hickman era? Even before last I saw a family member of storm was aniet in the dammed gold run. And she was Dead! Her family members are literally scant in comics even by xmen standards.

I have been thinking about orbis Stellaris and as an intelligent villain I expect him to really test storm's abilities and capabilities. For example take her to a planet where there is no atmosphere or star so he can deal with her. I wonder how storms abilities would respond seeing as omega powers are very prone to rapid evolution.
    It would be a good point and tactic if Orbis tried this. An easy way to explore the adaptability of Storm’s powers & what all is involved. Like we have instances where she adapts instantly but powers manifest in ways she doesn’t conciously understands but instinctive she did what she needed to do (i.e. The Trion), and some environments resist her control when not fully adapted (i.e. Shiar Homeworld in the Classic Uncanny Annual), and is her understanding of the natural limits of those atmospheres instinctive or does that also take time or place limits on what she can do until fully adapted?

I got the impression Orbis Stellaris will design weapons or an army specifically designed to overcome her omega mutation w/o factoring in her choice to adhere to natural limits or that her powers adapt based on the environment she’s in. Either way it makes for an interesting exploration of Storm’s powers, tactical prowess, ingenuity and cunning.

BANNED

Yeah but where are they? Have they been around since the Hickman era? Even before last I saw a family member of storm was aniet in the dammed gold run. And she was Dead! Her family members are literally scant in comics even by xmen standards.
    I completely agree with you. I think they need to develop her living relatives before they deal with ancestors.

I think Claremont had difficulty writing Black people. So Storm was tokenized, which is why he made her an orphan and didn’t have anyone on either side of her family adopt her. Years later to fill in that void Storm was placed in the Panther books.

Storm's grandparents haven't been seen since the mid 2000s if I remember correctly. T'challa found and introduced her dad's parents to Storm during the Black Panther run leading up to their marriage. They also made another appearance during Civil War. Again, that was mid 2000s(around 2006). They haven't been seen since I don't think.

Storm's maternal grandmother(and her Uncle Shetani as well) was seen in the UXM annual written by Claremont before they shipped Storm off to be married to BP. That was 2005. But Storm isn't unique when it comes to not featuring or mentioning family. Almost none of the Xmen have family that gets a scintilla of focus.
    Last edited by Saturius; 01-03-2022 at 03:41 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    Good for storm then that her followers aren't limited to wakanda. She has followers throughout Africa and now in the shiar and skrulls too. I always get a good laugh out of what people consider canon and what they don't. Like one second they go so and so issue isn't canon but then they go but I don't respect the canon of a retcon in like official avengers or other books in 616 . Lmao. Can't have it both ways.
    Exactly this! As far as canon tells us Storm turns faith/belief into power, not just Wakandan belief. The door is unlocked to all who wish to worship the Hadari Yao and she turns no one away. Except maybe Sabretooth and Emma Frost and probably Mystique and also the Fenris nazi twins. But everyone else is welcomed!

Quote Originally Posted by Wind Rider View Post

Great response. I love your ideas. We align on many of them. The points I most agree on:

- Storm needs some credible rogues that are unique suited to challenge her. Orbis Stellaris and the Lethal Legion could be a nice start, and I think we will see how Orbis used their last battle to prep for the next one. But one thing I would add that other team book and solo heroes outside of the X-Verse get that she and X-Men rarely do - is get tested against rogues that have been battle-tested/proven. A rogue is respected in terms of power, skill, tactics, etc. that can compete in ways that would push Storm. It's like we've seen IW take on Doom solo (even the Avengers) or Monica Rambeau prove herself against olympian gods. Storm needs some match up along those lines.

- Use her agency in a way that has impact. Storm is 'involved' in events in varying degrees, but it has been decades since she has been an agent of change. She is the former Queen of Wakanda and a clear political and protective ally. She is a member of both the QC and The Great Ring. She is the Regent of Arakko and the Voice of Sol. She is a highly respected hero on earth and respected diplomatic ally of the Shiar. I don't see Storm wasting all of these connections by not using them in ways that matter to her. If she is to lead the defensive forces of the Sol System I want to see her make use of her agency and connections that shows that is not only a powerful and skilled warrior in the combat arena, but she is also just as capable as a visionary leader.

This is of course in addition to what we get from Red whenever Brand's betrayal comes to light, but speaking more for where these titles she holds takes in her in the long term.

- Power Development - More defensive applications mainly. I love the powerful and deadly displays of power, especially when applied skillfully and with strategic intelligence (Orbis Stellaris did not see Storm manipulating air pressure to cause their army of cyborgs to explode, which was epic). But I would also like to see Storm's electric shield or compressed air shield become a standard part of her combat use. I don't want to see it offset her prowess in combat like a crutch, but as an augmentation to her overall effectiveness.

I also hope for more combat intelligence, like we saw in SWORD, being a standard application for all X-Men writing. I feel like Ewing demonstrated that well in the Last Annihilation. Like I hate seeing seasoned combat veterans dumbed down/nerfed to play out a fight a specific way for story purposes vs characters showing they know how to use their powers and skills intelligently, even if they still lose (someone can always have a bad day/moment but not because they're an idiot).

LMAO on the bold. 100% agreed and we need a LOT MORE of that PLEASE!
    Thank you! I get a vibe from what Orbis was saying that the Legion are going to upgrade after each encounter much like the Sentinels did IIRC. I'd like to see her throw down with some of the cosmic heavy hitters like Thanos. Or just anyone in their tier of power and influence. For once, make Storm WORK for her victory where it makes sense.

See that's why I'm so happy she's in the position of power she's currenly in. She's going to have ample opportunity to build allies and connections across the galaxy! Ewing made it clear that her name is known across the galaxy but more in whispered tones. Maybe something akin to a folkelore hero you tell kids at bedtime "She who swam with the Acanti". I need that name to be emphasized and upgraded to what she is now and then build off that! With the right stories even if Storm stepped down as Regent tomorrow, she could still have space type stories.

As for Brand, I just can't wait to see how Storm is going to react. Storm is no stranger to playing in the shadows but the sh!t Brand is doing is next level.

I get where you're coming from. The only thing that concerns me about shields and not an outriht elemental form is that you have people like Tharn or hell, people like Storm, who can do internal hax on a massive scale. No pressure shield is going to keep some being from crushing her heart.

Hickman reveals that an initial plan for Storm in "Giant-Size X-Men" was gonna be that she's pregnant with T'Challa's baby and said baby was gonna be raised in The World. An heir of 2 Kingdoms who would unify them. Start around the 1h38 mark to listen:

Thank Goddess that did not happen! That is probably one of the worst things that could happen to Storm right now! The last thing she needs is to be worrying about a baby. How about we focus on the character who has been in the background and a shadow of herself before we start with the baby drama.
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

Ahhh I f***ing knew it. It was one of my theories. Especially when it came to the Krakoa law of make more mutants. Her being Regent of Sol and Queen of Wakanda I knew she was the ideal candidate.
    But now that she is not in running I wonder who's gonna pop?

Storm Pregnancy.

Thing about it is, as fans we've been waiting a long time for her to get the solo treatment and get her respect. We know the possibility of Storm always have and will. But the fact of the matter is Marvel or the x-team hasn't delivered. So we wait. We read.

It took too long to get here and its still crumbs.
    This move to make her cosmic player was a smart move.
    I can actually see marketable stories being told for her.

I want Storm to have litter with Tchalla .
    Just not yet.
    The woman that is Ororo grieves deeply for the lost of her parents and could never not put her children first. Its why the relationship with Tchalla is pivotal. .the dissolved of the marriage was deep blow. For the wound to properly heal it would have to be Storm who initiated the idea of marriage. To show it is truly is what she want and does indeed have the time to be Queen.

Same hold true to being a mother. Storm would in a sense retire from the game. To put her kids first. Only to done the double winged habit to lay the smack down when its called for.

Much love to Rachel and Cable. But Storm got things to do.

Should Storm fall into the X-Men curse of having kids and having them taking from her. Sure it would add to the mounting loss of family she keep racking up, but that's a "LifeDeath" story that has to be done right and written by Hickmen or Chris C. themselves.

Can Storm do it all. XMan.RoS.QoW. Mother.Goddess.Thief. sure which is why I'm waiting on the Solo.
    Last edited by BlkGldBlu; 01-03-2022 at 06:39 PM.