Page 50 of 833 FirstFirst ... 4046474849505152535460100150550 ... LastLast
    Fantastic Member

The Marvels is a let down, Storm made a tons of nothings in this book.

Fantastic Member

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I just am saving my energy on that. I will wait to see what others say and decide based on the energy i feel at the time but never say never. I do still think gillien is a good writer personally but it's also okay to know not everything is for you if it takes your mind to ideas you'd rather not live in or a space that requires more energy to get through than enjoy.

His doc alphra and vader are the only time i've read star wars comics.
    i agree that he is a good writer so i will still check this event out, i just worry cuz he is a meh storm writer.

Everything Fades Away... butterflykyss's Avatar

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    Oh for sure. That's why I drew the distinction between godlike power versus having acts of worship. I'm not attempting to treat them as interchangeable, just saying that even just approaching omega level mutants as beings of godlike power conceptually, in the context of just the kinds of expectations, responsibilities and optics that go hand in hand with that level of power, like, there's still built in room for Storm to take a lead focal position in stories exploring that kinda angle, given how much of her life has been defined by balancing all of those things from a very young age.
    understood and thank you for clarifying. (^_^)

Quote Originally Posted by Subliminally View Post
    Read The Marvels. After Storm was KOed and revived this is pretty much all she had to say

But I think the other victim here is Iron Man. Baby it's struggle city when that armor gets fried and you've only got 1 working repulser ray.
    a mess. simply a mess. what I mentioned to some other storm fam on another platform:

also I cant lie i didn't like this issue because it seemed regressive, storm has made an f5 tornado in a room in the ghost box story, a hurricane in a medical bay in the mansion to root our Mastermind. yes she works better in open atmosphere but she most certainly isn't helpless inside.

Last edited by butterflykyss; 02-02-2022 at 06:22 PM.
    ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

continued from above

ALL HAIL THE HADARI YAO, THE OMEGA'S OMEGA, BEYOND OMEGA, THE VOICE OF SOL!!!! NOW AGAIN THE ONE TRUE AND ONLY GODDESS OF THE X-MEN AS CLAREMONT INTENDED!!!!!

Quote Originally Posted by butterflykyss View Post
    understood and thank you for clarifying. (^_^)

a mess. simply a mess. what I mentioned to some other storm fam on another platform:

also I cant lie i didn't like this issue because it seemed regressive, storm has made an f5 tornado in a room in the ghost box story, a hurricane in a medical bay in the mansion to root our Mastermind. yes she works better in open atmosphere but she most certainly isn't helpless inside.

Chile smdh

Read The Marvels. After Storm was KOed and revived this is pretty much all she had to say

But I think the other victim here is Iron Man. Baby it's struggle city when that armor gets fried and you've only got 1 working repulser ray.
    Baby they got Storm up here whining about being weak cause she's not in open air. The phuq? She's an Omega level mutant. So now the car window gotta be rolled down in order for her powers to be stronger? lmao
    Last edited by metalclouds; 02-02-2022 at 08:20 PM.

Quote Originally Posted by metalclouds View Post
    Baby they got Storm up here whining about being weak cause she's not in open air. The phuq? She's an Omega level mutants. So now the car window gotta be rolled down in order for her powers to be stronger? lmao
    lolololol all u can do is laugh at this point. glad I didn't and haven't wasted my money on this series. I had such high hopes oh well.

continued from above

I love in the page before that she told Emma to flee. Like "I am not responsible if you end up in a different county in that diamond form."

Baby they got Storm up here whining about being weak cause she's not in open air. The phuq? She's an Omega level mutants. So now the car window gotta be rolled down in order for her powers to be stronger? lmao
    This is not our house. Know that and know peace!

Not really active here anymore, feel free to find me on the cesspool that is Twitter: https://twitter.com/DivineMutation

I love in the page before that she told Emma to flee. Like "I am not responsible if you end up in a different county in that diamond form."

yes that was a badass moment. and metals aunt lying. a goddess, an omega level mutant? but let's go outside so I can be of value. even had aero looking like a chump. just a big no thanks

Ok new science news for Storm. Longest single lightning bold was recorded stretching 477 miles!
    https://nypost.com/2022/02/02/477-mi...aflash-record/

Quote Originally Posted by BobbysWorld View Post
    As a hardcore Bobby stan I'm just saying I do not see any indication that's in the pipeline unless there's been inferences made because he beat up frost giants that usually fight Thor in the final issue of Marauders? *Shrugs* Idk, but even if that's what that's based on I think that would be more just an exploration of his power levels than anything else. I'm pretty sure I've read every issue Bobby's ever showed up in, lol, and I will be first in line to say umm wtf if they do pull an actual 'divinity' angle for him specifically.

As has been discussed a lot in this particular thread, divinity carries specific connotations and isn't just a matter of power, and all Bobby's top tier stories I can think of, delving into his ultimate potential, like they still just examine him as a being of enormous elemental power, the potential equivalent of someone like the father of the frost giants Ymir - who while a mythological figure has never actually been WORSHIPPED to any degree....a key element of divinity.

LOL sorry I just don't want Storm and Iceman fans to feel pitted against each other based on the idea of a god Bobby arc.....I want good things for my fave always, lol, but I 100% do not believe there's any danger of him beating Storm to any kind of godhood storyline. I mean if that ends up happening, I'll happily eat some crow and cape for it like a fool with massive apologies to Storm fans for turning on a dime and being a total hypocrite, fhalkfhklfhalkfa (no I'm kidding, I swear, I won't actually do that, at most I'll just be like damn, can't believe my crystal ball failed me like this, but yeah we don't actually need a story like that IMO), I just don't see it as likely.
    Oh nah man bobby deserves the development and top notch one at that. He has gotten the shortend of the stick when it comes to character for soo long that this would be a deserved break. The thing we are crying about is not a bobby specific but rather an issue with marvel where storm has had that angle since she was introduced but that has barely if ever been explored only being taken seriously by the bp office.

The xoffice likes to use her being worshiped as a goddess to explain or at least infer that she is a haughty character it has been the case for soo long that it feels like the entire thing is a deliberately meticulated thing. I am very sure that when dr strange inferred and tied her blood to the elder goddess osthur and Coates made her godhead cannon they were spiraling hard. Yet we get anyone and their mother becoming a god every other week... infact we have gotten legion, Matthew Malloy, franklin Richard's, Jean grey, hope summers, wolverine, marquis of death Nate grey and a whole host of many others as gods of having storylines dedicated to their godliness but the only xmen with true divinity is still not having any of that from her office.

After ewing I hope they move storm to another office and have her be in dr strange or bp full time cause her divinity as established by coates is even more core to her than her imitation and is something she shares with her family and ancestors.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-03-2022 at 01:39 AM.

Ok new science news for Storm. Longest single lightning bold was recorded stretching 477 miles!
    https://nypost.com/2022/02/02/477-mi...aflash-record/
    That's cool... but in comics they have done even worse I mean Mr Thor has created lighting to KO a planet.

But I was inspired by your thing and i went back to look at thors feats and i one instance where he used the energy of a dead star to create a lightning bolt specifically to destroy a city sized meteor.

4149499-0576592181-prv16.jpg

This makes me wonder just how massive and powerful the god tempest could have been. Cause I know it was powerful to the point that its winds blew away planets and blew out stars, its lighting soo strong it could incinirate entire worlds and the thunder soo potent it could shake the galaxy or what not. And it was still growing to the point that it had become bigger than a galaxy.

Now I say would we ever see storm create such a tempest at least once in her career or we are going to keep seeing her faint from lightning strikes from golmes or whatever.

A question for the gods.

Quote Originally Posted by jwatson View Post
    I got the same questions as you cause i'm dead ass tired of talking about the difference. I can't for the life of me understand how marvel can pump out so many white gods on a monthly basis but Storm been in limbo for over 40 years. I mean at some point you just by process of elimination keep coming back to one thing and you don't want it to be that but no one else can explain why it's different for her for some reason. Instead sometimes instead of trying to answer the actual questions they go all the way around and say imaginary cards are being pulled etc when we just looking for answers like everybody else.
    Hmmm I know full well you are tired. Like we get every event giving us one or two white gods. Who receive diefocation because there is this bad guy and we need god powers to beat him. And i bet we would get one in the upcoming event and it would be a "yeah ohk" moment for me. And when we get a non white god you best believe you will hear grievances about it. Ala Phoenix echo. Girl gets too much hate just because.

Like I was on reddit yesterday and people were talking about how storm has not had a decent story since Claremont left the first time where she felt absolutely vital to the xmen mythos. Like there have been wins but still nothing that feels to be on storms level. I sometimes wonder if it is the twilight for her as a character and at this point we are going to keep running with bones for stories with occasional meat. Ewing is literally the last hope I have for an impactful story and with magneto and brand in the book I feel they can bring out that Je nais se quios in storm that was present in the Claremont days.

Quote Originally Posted by Stormy View Post
    Omega mutants so close to being literal gods lolol
    You get a godhead and you get a godhead and you get a godhead and you get a godhead.....WE ALL GET A GODHEAH!

Cause when every one is a god.... no one will be mmmwuahahahahhaaa.

I think there is a distinction between mutant power and divinity. adversary explained this long ago back in uncanny. omega power albeit super powerful still operates within the natural aspects of reality. it wouldn't or shouldn't affect energies of divine nature in any way:

When they were fighting adversary in black panther, Tachala said they needed to fight a god with a bigger god aka hadari yao.
    Last edited by Reigna; 02-03-2022 at 01:53 AM.